• Published 22nd Dec 2022
  • 332 Views, 91 Comments

Sparkling Harmony EQG: Agents of SMILE: Yule Tide Assistance - Captain_Cosmos



DO NOT PAY THE RATIO MIND UNTIL YOU READ IT Tis the Season for our favorite Super Spy and her two lovers Twilight and Sunset

  • ...
20
 91
 332

Episode 5: Stormy Arrival

Somewhere in the Celestial Sea
December 22nd, 2022
2100hrs.

Sparkler, as well as her passengers, were confused as all heck. After deciding what to do, Sparkler called the mysterious caller, and the caller had sent coordinates for what they had believed was a rendezvous point…only it was in the middle of the Celestial Sea and as far as they could see there was NOTHING but water. “Flappy are your sensors picking up anything submerged?” Sparkler asked.

“Negative.” Flappy responded. “Nothing that wasn’t already there before.”

Clear-Cut roared, and Sparkler nodded. “I don’t like this either Clear-Cut.” She said.

“We were all requested to come, we got coordinates, and we get here to find nothing.” Daydream said. “Anyone feeling like this is a trap?”

“Well, at least if it is, we do have 3 flyers, and Sunset can help Flappy pilot the Sparkmobile in a fight.” Sparkler said.

“Actually 5 flyers if you count the Sparkmobile’s drones.” Flappy commented.

“Point is, we can probably handle anyth—oh crap we got incoming!” Sparkler exclaimed as all of a sudden, a water tornado formed right in front of them.

“Warning! Anomaly detected! Recommend immediate evasive maneuvers!” Flappy exclaimed.

Sparkler didn’t need to be told twice as she threw the Sparkmobile into full reverse to avoid hitting the water tornado. Her car came to a full stop and at that moment, snow started falling, thrown around by the wind the water tornado was creating.

“What the heck is this?!” Sunset asked, looking out the window at the crazy weather.

“Best guess? We’re in the middle of a class 4 storm.” Flappy responded.

“What?! But that’s impossible. Class four storms scientifically can’t form all the way out—“

“Magic is at work Twi!” Sparkler cut Twilight off as she threw the car into full throttle and yanked the steering wheel to the side. “I’m gonna try to slingshot us out of here!” She said. “Hang on!”

The Sparkmobile entered what amounted to an orbit around the shaft of the tornado. Everyone inside felt the car shaking from the turbulence. After a moment, Sparkler yanked on the wheel to straighten their course. “Brace yourselves! It’s gonna be bumpy!” Sparkler called as the Sparkmobile blasted away from the tornado, going so fast it actually broke the sound barrier and created a Sonic Rainboom that sliced through the vertical axes, giving the Sparkmobile a rainbow trail.

Sunset and Daydream looked behind out the rear window and saw it. “Whoa! We’re going so fast we made a Sonic Rainboom!” Sunset said.

“Of course we did. The slingshot propelled us at great speeds.” Twilight reasoned.

“Yeah, this actually isn’t the first—“ Sparkler started before the Sparkmobile rocked, and entered a vortex that Sparkler had not seen coming. Sparkler whirled her head forward to see what was going on, and she couldn’t believe it. “What the?!” She asked, confusion, shock, and a little fear crept up in the vehicle.


North Pole
December 22nd, 2022
2105hrs.

In the cold vastness of the North Pole, a vortex opened up, and subsequently spat out the Sparkmobile, sending it spiraling out of control. Warning alarms were blazing inside as the four girls couldn’t help but scream.

“Warning! If control is not regained NOW. Crashing will be imminent!” Flappy called out.

Sparkler shook her head to refocus, before tapping at the dashboard. “Engage emergency landing sequence!” She ordered as she fought to regain control of the Sparkmobile. Managing to level out in the nick of time. The Sparkmobile automatically transformed to its road configuration and managed to land on a flat area of snow, albeit roughly.

Sparkler and her passengers let out a grunt as she fought the controls again to avoid them veering off course and crashing into a snow pile. The car swerved a bit, but eventually skidded to a halt, just seconds before it would have hit a snow dune.

Silence. Everyone sat stockstill in total shock, their brains catching up to what had happened. Silence, until Flappy chimed up. “External temperature dropping fast, converting Sparkmobile to off-road snow mode.”

As the Sparkmobile’s front wheels retracted and were replaced with vehicular skis, and the back wheels became treads, Sparkler was the first to snap out of it. “Everyone ok?” She asked.

“Yeah.”

“I think so.”

“That was terrifying.”

Clear-Cut roared, while Sparkler started looking out the window. All she saw was snow, snow falling, snow on the ground, snow everywhere. “Flappy.” She said. “Where are we?” She asked.

“According to the SMILE GPS, we’re…directly on the top of the globe…in the North Pole.” Flappy responded.

“The North Pole?” Sunset asked.

“But…but how? We were in the Celestial Sea just a moment ago.” Twilight said.

“Readings indicate that we had entered what the transformer franchise dubs a Space Bridge. Or more accurately, a ground bridge.” Flappy responded.

“So…that vortex must have brought us here…” Sparkler concluded.

“Should we try to go back through?” Twilight asked.

“Sensors don’t detect the Vortex’s energy signature recorded during the transit. It seems to have closed.” Flappy responded. At that moment, a call came. “Incoming call…from the Mystery Caller.” He said.

“Put it through.” Sparkler responded. Getting riled up. The call connected.

“Sparkler. I trust you’re now calling from the North Pole?” The caller asked.

“You knew about that vortex didn’t you.” Sparkler responded, deducing what must have happened.

“Yes. We did. We actually sent it for you, to bring you to us.” The caller responded.

“And you didn’t think to WARN us?!” Sunset asked, clearly getting agitated.

“My apologies, we did not expect you to go through it so soon. Our sensors detected the anomaly right as you entered the vortex.” The caller responded.

“But you did intend for us to go through it.” Sparkler responded. “You still coulda said something.”

“In hindsight, yes, we probably should have told you.” The caller said.

“Alright. Well, we’re here. Now, are you going to tell us where you are or are we going to keep talking over the phone?” Sparkler asked.

“Keep looking forward…and you might want to fly again. We’ll open up the entrance for you.” The caller said.

As the connection was cut, the five of them saw a hole in the ground form, a hole big enough that it looked like something long could fit through it. “The heck?” Twilight asked.

“I-is that the entrance that caller talked about?” Daydream asked.

Sparkler was about to switch back to flight mode, before she had an idea. “Flappy, send Zora to investigate what’s down there.” She said.

“Activating Zora Drone.” Flappy responded.

The drone on the port Spoiler pylon activated and they saw it fly over them and enter the hole. “You named one of these drones Zora?” Sunset asked.

“Yeah. Like that sentient AI in Star Trek Discovery.” Sparkler responded.

“What’s the other drone’s name?” Daydream asked.

“Cortana.” Sparkler responded. “From Halo.”

“Aww. I love how nerdy you can be.” Twilight said as she hugged Sparkler.

“Yeah yeah. Now, Flappy, bring up Zora’s feed.” Sparkler responded.

The view screen on the dashboard lit up and they all saw what Zora was seeing, and while at first all they saw was fog, the fog cleared up, to a sight that NONE of them expected. An entire city surrounded by ice walls. “Holy jolly berry.” Daydream said.

“An underground town?!” Twilight asked. “How?!”

Sparkler’s eyes widened as she came to a conclusion. “Guys…I think…I think we may have been summoned to THE North Pole. As in…”

“Santa’s workshop…” Twilight finished her sentence. “Sweet candy…it’s real…”

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Santa's Workshop.

Now what could they be summoned to Santa's Workshop for I wonder? Time will tell.

THX FOR READING! Give it a Like if you enjoy it.