• Published 22nd Dec 2022
  • 332 Views, 91 Comments

Sparkling Harmony EQG: Agents of SMILE: Yule Tide Assistance - Captain_Cosmos



DO NOT PAY THE RATIO MIND UNTIL YOU READ IT Tis the Season for our favorite Super Spy and her two lovers Twilight and Sunset

  • ...
20
 91
 332

Episode 10: operation Yuletide is Go

SMILE HQ
Canterlot City
December 22nd, 2022
2230hrs

Director Derrick stormed out of his office as SMILE’s alarms blazed. “Report!” He barked out to the agents in the CIC.

“Magical build up of massive proportions sir! Signature matches anomalies detected within the last 48 hours!” An agent called out.

“Reports coming in of snowmen coming to life and attacking civilians!” Another responded.

“Santa statues are spewing coal everywhere!” A third agent called out.

“Source?” Derrick responded.

“Working on it.” An agent responded.

Derrick looked out the window to see the snow turning into a blizzard. “I want all available agents on this.” He said. “And get me Medley. We need everyone we can get.”


North Pole
December 22nd, 2022
2230hrs

Sparkler, Sunset, Twilight, and Daydream watched as an 11th dot popped up on the holographic globe being projected by Flappy in the Sparkmobile. They recognized where that dot was indicating. “Canterlot City.” Daydream said.

“Figures they’d attack our home.” Sparkler commented.

At that moment, Flappy chimed in. “Incoming call from Director Derrick.” He said.

“Figures. Put it through Flappy.” Sparkler responded.

A hologram of Derrick’s head appeared in place of the globe. “Agent Medley. I hate to do this but I must recall you to duty. Canterlot’s under attack.” He informed her.

“Yeah, we know. Flappy’s detected all 11 anomalies.” Sparkler informed Derrick. “And I have good news. We have a good guess as to where the source is and are gearing up to stop it once and for all.” She added

That caught Derrick off guard, and it showed. “Well that was incredibly fast.” He said.

“We had a head start you could say.” Sparkler responded. “But to put it simply, the demons are responsible.”

“Sundown Shimmer and Midnight Sparkle.” Derrick concluded. “They haven’t reared their heads since October.”

“Yeah. And we may now know why we haven’t been able to find them since.” Sparkler said. “I’ll make a full report later sir. But right now, Daydream and Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Clear-Cut and I need to get going.” She said

“Agent, PLEASE do not tell me you intend to take CIVILIANS on a mission.” Derrick said, knowing full well who Sparkler was talking about.

“Hey, If it makes you feel any better.” Sunset said. “We were all called in by the owner of the device causing all this.” She told Derrick.

“Device? Owner?” Derrick asked.

“Long story, not sure how much we can tell, but don’t worry Director. We’re on it.” Sparkler responded before she cut the connection.

“I hope he doesn’t discipline you for taking us along.” Daydream responded.

“Once I tell him the full story he’ll understand.” Sparkler responded.

“I’m gonna need to ask you to refrain from mentioning anything about this place or us.” Santa chimed in. He, Rudolph, Cornelius and Alexander approached the girls.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep all this under anonymity.” Sparkler responded. “But we need to go now.”

“We’ll fire up the Kringle Bridge.” Cornelius responded.

After stifling her laughter over what she suspected Alex referred to the vortex as, Sparkler shook her head. “Bad idea. The demons are aware that nothing can get to the bottom of the Lunar trench…ALMOST nothing. So we have the element of surprise. If you vortex us there, it might tip them off.” She explained. “We’ll need to slowboat it there. But, once we get there and secure the generator, then the Kringle Bridge can come pick us up.” She proposed.

“Sound plan.” Santa responded. “But won’t the water interfere with communications?”

“It’ll probably take at least 15 hours to get to the trench.” Twilight said as she made the globe reappear and zoomed in on a plotted course. “Depending on how fast the Sparkmbobile can ultimately go with it’s new powers is unknown but if i had to make an educated guess, I’d say it would take 20 hours total to get to their base of operations. So if you give us 22 hours, we SHOULD have the generator secured by then.” She explained.

“That’s cutting it close. We only have 25 hours left before Santa’s due to fly.” Alexander responded.

“We’ll make it.” Sparkler responded. “Surprise is on our side. The Sparkmobile can mask its signature from any sensor. So they won’t see us coming until we’re literally on their doorstep.”

“Oy! We’ll get those crackpots by surprise yet!” Zora chanted.

“I do see one problem. How to get the thing out of there.” Daydream said. “You were in there Sparkler, the thing is clearly huge.”

“I can help with that.” Rudolph chimed in.

“Rudolph. You’re not going.” Alex responded, sensing what Rudolph was thinking.

“Oh come on, at least hear me out.” Rudolph complained.

“Rudolph, Secret of Santa.” Cornelius reminded Rudolph.

“Which you broke to call Agent Medley and her friends here.” Rudolph countered.

“WE were in control of the situation then, if you go out there, we lose control over who knows about us.” Alex responded.

Whole Rudolph and the elves fell into an argument, Santa just facepalmed. “Every time.” He commented.

“Those three bickering is common?” Sunset asked.

“Always something to complain about. But it’s not surprising. Rudolph just turned 13 the other day. And you know teenage rebellions.” Santa responded.

Sparkler rolled her eyes. “That figures.” She said.

Santa nodded, before he turned to the arguing reindeer and elves. “Hey guys knock it off!” He scolded them.

The arguing stopped and Alex grumbled. “Yes sir.” He said.

“Now, Rudolph what did you have in mind?” Sparkler asked. Curious to hear what Rudolph had to say.

“I was gonna say that thing weighs about the same as Santa’s bag. A single reindeer can pull it, and our antlers can shrink things if need be.” Rudolph responded. “And in an emergency I can shoot a flare that will alert any sensors to our location.” He said.

“That’s what’s most concerning.” Cornelius responded. “Someone else could get to you before us.”

“That’s what the Kringle bridge is for.” Rudolph commented. “Can I please go Santa?” He asked.

While Alex and Cornelius objected, Santa instead turned to the girls after thinking about it for a sec. “Think there’s a benefit to a reindeer on the team?” He asked.

“Given none of us can move something that weighs so much…I think it might be.” Twilight responded.

“Plus an emergency flare does have its uses.” Daydream added.

“Agreed.” Sparkler responded. “He can come so long as you’re ok with it.” She told Santa

“Please Santa?” Rudolph asked, giving Santa the puppy dog eyes.

Santa just let out a ho ho ho in response. “So long as you exercise caution, you may go.” He said.

“Yes!” Rudolph exclaimed excitedly as he trotted up and nuzzled Sparkler, pleased to go with her.

Sparkler giggled when Rudolph Nuzzled her. “Glad to have you on the team Rudolph.” She said as she turned to her other teammates. “So, everyone ready?”

“Operation Yuletide is go.” Daydream said.

Sparkler smirked as she called up the vehicle selection HUD on her watch. “Flappy can you reconfigure the HUD to act like the omnitrix from Ben 10?” She asked.

“Right away Agent Medley.” Flappy responded as Sparkler selected a Vehicle, and the Sparkmobile changed from its normal form, which it had reverted back to, into the original Phantom from Star Wars Rebels. “Alright people. Let’s go save the world!” She said.

They all loaded up into the Sparkmobile and Sparkler lifted off from the ground.

Santa, Cornelius, and Alex watched them blast off for the surface. “Good luck team Sparkler.” Cornelius said.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

It only took 10 episodes but they’re FINALLY underway. :)

THX FOR READING!!!!