• Published 22nd Dec 2022
  • 332 Views, 91 Comments

Sparkling Harmony EQG: Agents of SMILE: Yule Tide Assistance - Captain_Cosmos



DO NOT PAY THE RATIO MIND UNTIL YOU READ IT Tis the Season for our favorite Super Spy and her two lovers Twilight and Sunset

  • ...
20
 91
 332

Episode 18: A Not so Jolly Encounter

North Pole
December 24th, 2022
0300hrs

In the North Pole Hospital, the elf doctor came into the room they set Santa up in when he heard a noise coming from the baby monitor (They are not just good for babies) on his desk. He looked to the bed to see Santa sitting up. “Santa!” He exclaimed as he rushed over to his side. “Santa, are you ok?” He asked.

Santa let out a groan in response. “I feel like I just fell off the sleigh and hit my head” He commented as he rubbed his temple.

“Precisely why you’re not flying tonight.” The doctor responded.

“Oh, no no no I can’t sit here I need to–” Santa froze when he noticed a clock on the wall, and what it said. “God Silver Bells!” He exclaimed as he realized he was late. He proceeded to get out of bed and ran out of the room before the doctor could stop him.

“Santa! Wait! You should be taking it easy!” The doctor called out as he ran after him.

In the control room, Everyone was working hard supporting Sparkler through the night. “That is Griffonstone, Seaquestria, Hippogriffock and Dragonland complete. She’s moving on to Trottingham now.” An Elf reported.

“Making good time.” Alex responded.

“Alex!” Came a familiar voice that made everyone jump.

Alex, Sunset, Daydream, Twilight, and Cornelius turned to see a panicked Santa rush into the control room. “Alex, Prep the sleigh and saddle the reindeer. We’re 3 hours off schedule and we need to go now!” He said.

Alex stared at his boss in shock. “Santa, You’re up.” He said.

“Yes, and three hours late.” Santa responded. “We need to get going!”

“Don’t worry Santa.” Cornelius responded. “We’re way ahead of you.” He told Santa.

It was then when Santa noticed a trio of girls standing in the control room. “Sunset? Twilight? Daydream? You’re back from the trench.” He said.

“Yes we are. And we managed to get the generator back, before you were due to fly.” Twilight responded.

Santa raised an eyebrow in confusion, he looked between the girls and Alex. “...Something tells me I missed a few things.” He said.

“Well sir, you were knocked out by a mail rack avalanche 20 minutes before you were due to take off, and…well, just take a look at the screen.” Alex responded.

Santa glanced at the big screen, and at first he didn’t see anything but the roof of a house. It didn’t take him long to realize the feed was from one of the reindeer. “The presents are being delivered?” He asked. “By who?”

It was at that moment when he saw a pair of gloves grab onto the roof, followed by a girl pulling herself up onto the roof, a girl decked out in the Santa suit, carrying his bag. His eyes widened as he saw who it was. “Sparkler?”


Dragonland
December 24th, 2022
0310hrs

On the roof of a house in Dragonland, Sparkler hoisted herself back up onto the roof after sneaking out through a window, just like she had to do pretty much for every stop since she couldn’t fit down most chimneys. “Ya know, I think I get how Santa has never gotten bored of doing this every year.” She commented as she got fully on the roof. “No two houses are decorated the same, and some people REALLY go out.”

“What was in this house?” Rudolph asked.

“A tree which had its ornaments meticulously arranged to make a picture of Santa. And they had LED strips that were shaped to resemble the outlines of the reindeer and sleigh. Seriously, I would never think of any of that in a million years.” Sparkler responded as she reached into a suit pocket.

“Christmas can bring out the creativity in people.” Rudolph responded with a smile.

“And it’s been fun to see the impressive displays.” Sparkler responded as she pulled out some bite-sized carrots. “Anywho, this family left out something for you guys too. Carrots.” She announced.

“Sweet! I love carrots!” Rudolph responded excitedly as Sparkler fed each of the 9 reindeer a carrot, each Reindeer thanked Sparkler and accepted their carrot.

After feeding the reindeer, Sparkler climbed back into the sleigh, and pulled out a pair of cookies from a pocket. “Here Clear-Cut.” She said as she gave a cookie to her dragon. “Chocolate Chip cookie this time.”

Clear-Cut let out a hushed roar in thanks as he took the cookie and started nibbling it. Sparkler smiled as she snacked on her own cookie while waiting the required two minutes so the reindeer could digest what she just fed them. Of course with Alex’s consent. “It’s a 24 hour mission. Of course they’ll need a few snacks to keep their energy up.” He had said the first time around.

“Now that Dragonland is out of the way, the next place to go is Saddle Arabia.” Flappy told Sparkler.

“Mm. Is my hometown the first town in that country?” Sparkler asked.

“It is indeed.” Flappy responded.

“Neat.” Sparkler responded as she finished her cookie and took the reins, the two minutes being up by now. “Alright, let’s–”

“Well well well. What is it that we have here?” Asked an unfamiliar male voice that spooked everyone on the roof.

Sparkler instinctively armed her watch just in case things got hostile while they saw a man with a staff reveal himself from behind a chimney stack, with a devious smirk on his face.

Rudolph took one look at the man and rolled his eyes, recognizing him. “Oh great. It’s YOU.” He said.

“You know him Rudolph?” Sparkler asked.

“He should. After all, I visit the North Pole every year.” the man said as he approached the sleigh. “As for you, I believe some introductions are in order. The name’s Frost, Jack Frost.” Jack introduced himself.

“What the Candy Cane do you want Jack?” Rudolph asked. “We’re busy.”

“Are you?” Jack asked as he looked Sparkler up and down. “Did the big guy have a daughter he didn’t tell his fellow legendary figures about? Or is something else going on?” He asked.

Clear-Cut let out a low growl at Frost, sensing the clear mischief in his voice while Sparkler eyed Jack cautiously. “I can assure you that nothing fishy is going on.” Sparkler told him.

“Really? The North Pole is attacked for the first time ever and suddenly a teenage girl is wearing the big guy’s suit and flying his Sleigh. Makes one wonder.” Jack commented. “Did the big guy meet his end and you’re the new Santa, or maybe something more nefarious.”

Frost had leaned in closer, and Sparkler had leaned back in response, now she was feeling slightly uncomfortable. “Look, you can ask Santa yourself. I have their blessing to be here right now.” She told Frost.

“Oh I will. And I think the other legendary figures will be VERY interested in this little development.” Frost responded. “If I were you, I’d take that suit off and send Rudolph and the others home.” He warned as he jumped off the roof and used his staff to make an Ice slide to fly off.

As soon as he was gone, Sparkler pressed a button to com the North Pole. “Hey, guys? We just ran into Jack Frost.” She said.

“We saw.” Cornelius responded as Sparkler cracked the reins and they took off into the sky. “And heard everything.” He added.

“Should I be worried about divine retribution?” Sparkler asked.

“Nah. The Legendary Council’ll understand the situation.” Cornelius responded. “Speaking of, Got someone here who wants to talk to you.” He said.

After a second, a new voice came through the Com system. “I must say Sparkler that you make a good Santa.”

Sparkler nearly fell on her side when she heard the voice of the REAL SANTA speaking. “Santa!” She shrieked in surprise. “You’re up!”

“Yeah. Woke up not too long ago. Imagine my surprise to see you in the sleigh out delivering presents.” Santa responded.

Sparkler at that moment became very very worried that Santa was mad at her. “Yeah…I hope you don’t mind that I went out in your stead, I heard you wouldn’t be cleared to fly and I just…Well I didn’t want kids worldwide to be disappointed on Christmas due to something they’ll never know.” She explained.

There was silence for a moment, before she heard Santa chuckling through the coms. “Bless your soul Sparkling Medley.” He said. “You really have a heart of gold to go beyond our initial agreement and take on this critical mission when you coulda just left.”

“My conscience probably woulda yelled at me for that.” Sparkler admitted.

Another chuckle in response. “So, How does it feel being Santa?” Santa asked.

“Well, I understand now why you don’t get bored doing this every year. You would not believe some of the decorations people put up.” Sparkler said. “I would never think to do some of the stuff I’ve seen tonight.”

“I know right?” Santa asked. “I’m blown away every year. Christmas really brings out the creativity in people.”

“You can say that again.” Sparkler responded as they soared in the air, a conversation ensuing about the most creative decorations they’ve seen.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Two more Episodes left I predict.

THX FOR READING!