• Published 5th Nov 2022
  • 758 Views, 36 Comments

Short Bits and Withers - Andrew Joshua Talon



Unfinished ideas and plot bunnies for your amusement and inspiration.

  • ...
4
 36
 758

The Prince - Year 2

Harry frowned. His owl Hedwig hadn't been able to deliver his letters through the portal to Equestria. That was concerning.

This whole second year at Hogwarts was becoming quite concerning, really. Which was saying something after his first.

He had made several friends. Hermione Granger, Ronald Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Lavender Brown, to name a few. He had even had fun! Learning Quidditch had been great! Though he had missed being able to fly on his own wings.

Still, Rainbow Dash ended up loving the game. She was already trying to introduce it to Equestria proper.

But the Philosopher's Stone being hidden here? Behind obstacles it was no trouble for a few first years to get through? That was weird.

Sure, Harry was an alicorn but still!

So this year, after Professor Dumbledore promised it would be safe and everything was fine... A House Elf warned him about bad things and then vanished. Even Aunt Twilight hadn't been able to track him.

Then? A student got petrified.

And now his letters weren't getting through? He had to do something!

He began working on the ritual circle, just as detailed in Starswirl the Bearded's spellbook Twilight had lent him. He wrote down everything he could think of (and some contributions from Hermione and Ron) and put the letter in the center of the circle. He checked that the moon was aligned, and focused his magic into the circle.

"Dracofax!" He called out, and the letter vanished into green flames. He sat back, panting hard.

He hoped Mom got it...

- - -

The next morning, Harty sat eating his bacon and eggs with his friends, when he abruptly shifted to alicorn form. His eyes widened as his magical senses went into Overdrive.

"Harry? Are you all right?" Hermione asked.

Ron immediately began to look for cover. He was quite sensible really.

"Umm..." Harry tried.

The main hall doors were huge and hewn of ancient magical wood that was stronger than steel.

In an instant, they were torn asunder by fiery magic, and students screamed and hid under their tables as a brightly burning figure stood in the doorway.

The teachers leapt to their feet as Princess Celestia slowly trotted up, her Mane and tail burning like solar flares. Her eyes lit up in her fury. The very stone she walked on melted underneath her hooves.

"HEADMASTER DUMBLEDORE," Celestia stated in the Royal Equestrian Voice, calm but still booming like thunder, "I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH YOU."

Harry groaned. Well, now he knew it had worked...

Author's Note:

Because however you might compare Celestia and Dumbledore? Celestia wins.