• Published 5th Nov 2022
  • 757 Views, 36 Comments

Short Bits and Withers - Andrew Joshua Talon



Unfinished ideas and plot bunnies for your amusement and inspiration.

  • ...
4
 36
 757

The Prince - Year 1

Author's Note:

The start of this is a crossover with Harry Potter. It's a common trope to have Harry Potter raised by someone else, so in this case...

- - -

It was honestly kind of weird, returning home after spending most of his childhood with his adoptive mother and his loving aunt, big sisters and big brothers. Without them, he'd have had the most miserable life imaginable. But, this was where his parents had come from. He had to learn all about it.

That and, due to his mother, he had been brought up with the idea of certain... Responsibilities being natural to assume. She was a princess, after all, and so he was a prince. And now, he was basically going to be an ambassador for two worlds.

So, thanks to the portal, he did go to Diagon Alley in a city called London. He had met with some friends of his parents-A Mister Rubeus Hagrid was the nicest, and reminded him very much of one of his favorite "big sisters." Though Professor Vector and Sinistra had been very interesting to talk to as well-He was reminded of his more bookish big sister, and he honestly wanted to do her proud in his classwork.

His owl, Hedwig, seemed to gravitate to him and he immediately loved her. He thought his nature loving big sister might like her. And naturally, his farmer big sis would appreciate her for keeping her barn free of vermin.

(Hedwig liked the sound of that).

So it came to pass that he came to the train station, hidden in Kings' Crossing, also in London. He found the entrance to the Platform 9 3/4 easily enough, and slipped in without too much attention being paid to him. He'd gotten good at sneaking around thanks to his festive and fun big sister. His fashion conscious big sister had been upset over the cut of the school uniforms and robes, and had immediately fixed them up properly. Harry could honestly say he was happy she was looking out for him in that department-He didn't even know what girls might over here!

He hoped they liked him.

He made it to a compartment, put his stuff up, and leaned back with a sigh. These seats were comfortable, and his sporty big sister had always insisted he try to grab rest where he could. Honestly, this form was so exhausting-How had his parents done it?

Still, since it was going to be a long train ride... Maybe he should try to get used to it?

He shifted this way and that. He sighed, and gave up.

"Fine," he grumbled. He released his transformation, and settled down for a nap.

- - -

Ron Weasley ran into a bushy haired, buck toothed girl while he was wandering the Hogwarts Express. She looked at him intently.

"Hey, have you seen a toad?" She asked.

Ron shook his head, confused.

"What? No, why?"

"A boy named Neville has lost his," she said, "and I'm trying to find it." She looked over at a nearby compartment. It seemed empty, but she hadn't checked it yet. "Maybe in there?"

"Go ahead," Ron said with a shrug. The girl opened the doors, and walked in. Ron had intended to go in after her, get a seat, and then shoo her out... But she stopped short. Ron looked around for a reason why... And soon found it.

He blinked.

"Is... Is that a unicorn with wings?" Ron muttered. There was a small, black unicorn with wings and a jagged horn sleeping on one of the benches. He had a white lightning-bolt shaped scar on his forehead, and a similar marking on his... Bum? His hair swished a bit, as he softly snored.

Ron looked over at the girl.

"Maybe we should find someone to-"

The girl was bright red and covered her mouth.

"So... Cute... An alicorn!" She whispered. "Here!"

"Yeah, but why?" Ron finally asked, a bit annoyed. "Is it a pet?"

"You're only allowed cats, owls and toads for pets," the girl recited, as though she'd memorized the rule book. Ron shook his head.

"I've got a rat though," he said.

"So?! That's still not an alicorn!" Hermione hissed. "Maybe we should get a teacher... Maybe the poor thing is lost?"

"Huh? Uhh... Ohhh..." The alicorn woke up, and yawned loudly. He fluffed up his wings, and looked over at Ron and Hermione.

"Oh hey! I dozed off! Oh, hello! I'm Harry Potter! Are we there yet?"

Ron may have been magical and he may have seen the impossible (for Muggles anyway) every day of his life.

But he still screamed alongside the bushy haired girl when the alicorn spoke.

The alicorn screamed back.

After a minute of this, the alicorn held up his hooves.

"WAIT! WAIT! I'M SORRY! HANG ON!" His horn flashed, and his green eyes glowed, before in an instant there stood a normal looking boy their age with black hair, green eyes, and a scar on his forehead. Along with a horn sticking out of his bangs, and wings sticking out from his back. He grinned nervously.

"Uh, is that better?" The boy asked.

Ron kept screaming.

- - -