• Published 5th Nov 2022
  • 758 Views, 36 Comments

Short Bits and Withers - Andrew Joshua Talon



Unfinished ideas and plot bunnies for your amusement and inspiration.

  • ...
4
 36
 758

Aftermath - Bonus Scene 2

The rag clad ponies trembled before him as he sat upon his throne. He stared down at them, his face an emotionless white mask. His eyes gleamed red, as his hair burned like flames atop his head.

"We are at war," he began, his voice booming through the throneroom, "and yet you have the audacity to steal from our granaries?"

"M-My King, please," the leader, an old stallion, begged, "we did not want to-But-but we are starving!"

"There is work in my mines, on my farms, in my factories and my cities," Nightmare Wrath spoke, "I have provided you the means to work. If you are crippled, you are given the means to contribute. Why then, do you steal?"

"W-We cannot work," the stallion sobbed, "we have tried everywhere! They won't take us!"

The Lord's mask didn't change, but there was no pity in the empty eyes.

"Every hoof is needed to defend this land," he growled, his voice calm but deadly, "every back must shoulder the burden. Why must you trouble your kingdom with such trivialities?"

He stood up, a cape of flames appearing behind him like angelic wings. He strode down, the heat of the fire making the ponies sweat. His presence made them cower.

"Do you think I lounge in luxury? Do you think I do nothing but feed on our kingdom like a parasite?" Wrath growled.

The stallion shook his head rapidly.

"M-My Lord, we would never dream-Never think-!"

"I do not tolerate laziness in myself, or in my subjects," the Lord stated, "if you cannot find work, it will be found for you. Guards!"

Two black armored pegasi landed nearby. Shepherd nodded.

"Take the old stallion and the colts for the army. The mare and fillies for the support train," he ordered.

"M-My Lord?" The stallion questioned.

"I am allowing you to be together," the Lord snarled, making the stallion quiver, "you should thank my generosity."

The stallion nodded quickly.

"Y-Yes, my Lord! Of course my Lord! Thank you, My Lord! You are so gracious and kind-" He began to choke as a red hot ring of magic fire appeared around his throat. "URK! MY... LORD...!"

The Lord held his hand up.

"Gratitude is appreciated. Groveling is not. Take that scar as a reminder of the difference."

He released the stallion, who was held by his family. He rubbed the brand on his neck, still smoking from the heat. They all bowed their heads in silence, as the guards led them out. The doors slammed shut, leaving the fiery Lord alone.

... Or so it would seem.

"Captain Lightning Dust," he spoke. A black clad mare zipped up, and stood at attention.

"My Lord," she stated gruffly.

"You had a report," Wrath stated, his hand rising, "you had better not be wasting my time-"

"We've found your son and wife," Dust said.

The Lord froze. He shook his head.

"... Fluttershy died," he stated firmly, "her injuries were too severe. She died... With my child-"

Dust pulled out a picture. She held it to him. The Lord took it in his hands, staring at it through his mask.

A boy, not quite human, not quite equine, six years old. He was playing with a griffin child. He could see Fluttershy, scarred but smiling gently, as she watched their child at play from a wooden porch.

The entire room became an inferno, and Lightning Dust yelped as she flew up and away from the stone floor as it burned like volcanic ash. The tapestries and banners on the walls, plain and simple, all caught fire and burnt into ash.

The picture remained intact, but only just. The temperature dropped, and the Lord looked up at the sweltering Lightning Dust.

"... How?"

"We suspect Rainbow Dash faked her death, My Lord," Lightning Dust said, smirking broadly at the thought of her rival's betrayal, "and smuggled her out. She probably had help... Shall I start rounding up the traitors for execution-?"

Lightning Dust fell as a burning collar locked around her neck. She tried to pull it off, and screamed as her hands burned.

"Don't choke on your aspirations, Captain," Nightmare Wrath hissed, "your intentions are plain to see. I will deal with Rainbow Dash's treachery myself... But you will attend to your duties."

"Y-Yes... Yes My Lord...!" Dust gasped. Wrath released her. She gasped a few times, then knelt before him.

"What... What is your bidding, my Lord?" She asked.

"Assemble my fleet, Captain. We will invade Griffinstone sooner than anticipated," he stated. "Dismissed."

"At once, My Lord," Lightning Dust promised, before she took off in a flash of turquoise and lightning bolts.

Nightmare Wrath turned and walked back to his throne, the picture held securely in his hand.

"They will be mine... It will all be mine..."

Author's Note:

Basically, Shepherd going Darth Vader.