• Published 26th Oct 2022
  • 548 Views, 31 Comments

Vulpine Diplomats from the Far East - Lord Shadow Eclipse



Twilight receives a message saying that they will be expecting diplomats from a nation they've never even heard of until now.

  • ...
2
 31
 548

Episode 1

Twilight and Spike were having a good time in the library.

For once, Twilight wasn't driving herself or Spike crazy with another re-organizing campaign in the library, much to Spike's relief. Spike was sitting on a cushion in the far right corner reading another one of his "Power Ponies" comics, while Twilight was reading about the history of Earth Pony farming techniques.

Ever since Twilight became the sole ruler of Equestria, things have never been more peaceful. The greatest villains the world has ever seen have been imprisoned, her student has now become a master, and the best part is that she and her friends were able to unite the different kingdoms in friendship. The world has never been more peaceful.

While the princess and dragon were enjoying their respective reading material, Spike started gagging. That was the usual sign that he was about to receive a message through his fire. After a few more gags, Spike finally burped out the flame.

But this flame was weirdly different. Usually, Spike's flame was green. But this flame was a bright blue. The flame materialized into a rolled up scroll held together by a red ribbon and pinned by a jade bead with an unusual crest on it.

Twilight unfurled the scroll and read the message within.

***

Dear Twilight-hime of Equestria

I am the Emperor of the nation of Kihon. I have been keeping a close eye on affairs within your country. I am convinced of your desire for those of other species to co-exist with your kingdom in the name of friendship. I would very much like to visit your country with some of my court to establish a relationship with the land of Equestria. I would like a response within a fortnight.

With love, Emperor Sato Minamoto

***

Twilight and Spike looked at each other with curious expressions on their faces. "Kihon"? They both went to a map of the entire world, but they couldn't find this kingdom anywhere. No matter how closely they looked, they couldn't find this country anywhere.

"Does this country even exist?" Spike asked.

"It might if their Emperor is coming for a visit, Spike. Maybe they're simply hidden in isolation," Twilight replied. "Either way, we should gather the others so that we can decide how to approach the situation".


At the Castle of Friendship

Twilight, Spike, Starlight, the other Element Bearers, and even the Pillars were all gathered in the library to talk about what to do with the diplomats from a country they've never even heard of until now. They all read the message and all had different ideas about how to approach this.

"Even we've never heard of Kihon before," Starswirl said.

"Maybe it's somehow hidden?" Stygian suggested.

Starswirl powered up his horn and tried to examine the kind of magic that covered the scroll. The more Starswirl tried to examine it, something started to affect his mind.

His eyes glazed over and his lips curled into an idiotic grin. His balance started to falter as he started to sway from side-to-side. Moans of ecstasy escaped his mouth. At some point, he stopped his examination to see everyone looking at him with curious looks.

"This is definitely foreign magic. It felt like my whole being was immersed in warm water," he said.

"So this isn't Equestrian magic, then?" Rarity asked.

"No. This magic feels old, yet very powerful," he replied.

"So what do we do?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, the Emperor said that he wishes to have a good relationship with Equestria. Perhaps we should welcome them here," Fluttershy suggested.

"If these people are capable of using this kind of powerful magic, it would also be more beneficial to befriend them. In the event that Equestria should ever go to war, it would be great to have a powerful ally to help us," Flash Magnus put in.

"It would be nice to see what kind of fashion these people have," Rarity said.

"I'd like to see what kind of food they eat. Maybe I can even bake something great for them, as well," Pinkie added.

"Same here. I'd like to give them some good down-home country cooking", Applejack said.

Starlight smiled. "I would like to see what magic they use".

"I'd like to see if they like sports", Rainbow said.

Twilight gave a small chuckle. "Looks like we have a consensus. Looks like we're going to invite them to Equestria for harmony".


Three days Later- Nighttime

Twilight and the others were waiting in the Canterlot Castle's throne room for the Kihon diplomats to arrive.

Just two days prior, Twilight had sent a letter to the Emperor inviting them to the Canterlot Castle as it was the most official place to hold a diplomatic meeting. Emperor Minamoto responded saying that he and his escorts would use magic to travel to the city. It was pretty late into the night with them still waiting for the Emperor.

"What do you think the people of Kihon look like?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, I don't think they're like ponies. Maybe they're similar to dragons or Kirin," Fluttershy replied.

"I think that maybe they're probably something like talking lizards," Rockhoof said.

"Everyone, we'll soon see what the people of Kihon are like when the Emperor arrives," Starlight said.

Speaking of which, something happened that could only be described as "magical". A tall red gate-like structure materialized out of the air. Glowing pink flower petals poured out of the sides of the gate and filled the entire throne room with a sweet smell that reminded Twilight of spring flowers blooming. In the center of the gate was a bright blue portal.

What stepped out of the portal was what Twilight and the others could only guess was the Emperor of Kihon.

He was a beautiful bipedal fox with fur that shone like pure gold. His fur was well-groomed and looked pleasant to the eye. He was dressed in a bright red robe-like piece of clothing with a black sash that functioned as a belt, a pair of wooden sandals on his feet, and wore a strange crown on the top of his head. His eyes were shining like emeralds. But the most bizarre thing about the Emperor was the fact that he had nine long tails fanned out behind his back. From behind him came four other foxes.

Two of them were dressed in what appeared to be some kind of armor. They had helmets with built-in masks that were made to look like smiling demons. They each carried two sheathed swords, which looked to be long, thin, and slightly curved. They looked to be a male and a female.

The other two were dressed in form-fitting black clothing with masks covering their muzzles. They each had a belt with the same swords the warriors carried, but they also carried rope and different weapons.

Once they were all in the throne room, they all bowed at seeing the Princess of Friendship and her entourage.

"Greetings, Twilight-hime. Please allow me to extend my deepest gratitude to you for accepting my offer of friendship," Emperor Minamoto greeted.

"Y-yes. You're more than welcome, Your Majesty. We welcome you here to Equestria. I hope we can establish a great relationship in the future," Twilight replied.

The others were mesmerized by the Emperor's appearance to really say anything. To them, they might as well be looking at a god. They hadn't expected that these foxes were the sole inhabitants of Kihon.

"Please, enjoy all the comforts the castle can offer you," Twilight said.

"We thank you for your hospitality, Twilight-hime," Emperor Minamoto replied.

"No need for honorifics here. Please call me Twilight".

"Then please call me Sato".

"Okay, then, Sato. I shall escort you to your rooms while you stay with us," Twilight said.

Twilight and her friends escorted the Emperor and his entourage to a set of rooms where they'll all be staying in during this trip. When Sato entered his room, his two armed guards took position on each side of the door to make sure he stayed safe. Once they got settled, everyone else went into their own rooms to wait until morning to really get to learn about their new arrivals to Equestria.