• Published 11th Oct 2022
  • 445 Views, 17 Comments

The Friendship Games: Amber Shine - PonyyCode



Crystal Prep might finally lose their win streak when a new girl comes to town. (Not just Sci-Twi).

  • ...
 17
 445

Principal Cinch's blackmail/CHS Rally

Twilight opened the door to the Cinch's office and right when she stepped in, the cold and not so friendly voice of Principal Cinch greeted her. A woman with purple hair, and white skin sat at her desk shuffling a pile of paperwork. She wore a blue suit with dark blue slacks. "Oh good, you're here Twilight. I was wondering if you were going to show up."


Twilight looked around the room and noticed her older brother Shining Armor was there, along with Cadence. "Shining? What are you doing here?"


"As your brother is an alumni, Principal Cinch thought it would provide some great insight." Cadence explained.


"Insight on what?" Twilight asked.


"Why the Friendship Games of course," Cinch said codly. "In case you've been living under a rock, Twilight you know the importance of our reputation. Shining Armor, you competed in the games, did you not?"


"I did," Shining said with a smirk. "


"And you happen to recall who won?"


"Crystal Prep, we always win."


"Uh actually I thought Cloudsdale-" Twilight began to point out but was cut off by Cinch.


"That name absolutley sickens me when I hear it! They might have handed our behinds to us but I'm not going to give up just yet. That school's the only ones keeping us from reaching regionals."


Twilight decided best not to push on the subject any further and instead asked, "So why did you want to see me?"


"Well you see, Twilight. Looking at your performance, I just can't help but wonder why you wouldn't want to compete in the Friendship Games. With you're genius intellect, you would be a valuable asset."


"Look Twily, I know competing's not really your thing, but with your contribution, it could really move us up to the next phase," Shining told his sister.


"And it seems like Canterlot High has been going under some kind of Renaissance. Test scores are up, grades and even athletics. You see they are developing some sort of reputation. This...cannot happen!" Cinch said firmly.


"Principal Cinch, I can't possibly participate in the games, I just won't have time!" Twilight said getting nervous.


"Ahh yes, your work. Cadence, could you and shining armor fetch me my contact sheet forthe Everton Independent Study program?"


"Of course," Cadence replies as she and Shining left the office leaving just Twilight and Cinch.


"See, Twilight. One of the advantages of having a reputation is having a certain amount of influence. I can use it to make sure your program gets improved..." Cinch began to say before her tone started to get more cold. "Or I can have it denied. What do you say?"

Canterlot High
Everyone had gathered in the gymnasium for the Friendship Games Pep Rally. Amber sat next to Sunset and her friends in the middle section of the bleachers. At least almost all of them, she noticed Rainbow was missing. "Hey where's Rainbow at?"


"Oh she said she was gonna do something for the rally. Something about motivating us all," Sunset said.


"Well whatever she's doing, we're going to need a lot of motivation." Rarity commented. Amber was about to say something when a freshmen girl ran up to her.


"OMG ARE YOU THAT PRODIGY?!" One of them asked with enthusiasm. She had streaked pink and purple hair and wore a short sleeved red light red jacket with a stripped purple and white undershirt. She also donned a yellow skirt with shoes that matched her jacket. "My friends were just talking about you, are you really one of the best in the region?! How are you so good? What-"


"Calm down, darling. One question at a time," Rarity giggled. She looked at Amber. "Sorry about that. this is my little sister, Sweetie Belle. It's quite obvious she's excited to meet you."


"It's all good. And I don't blame her." She smiled kindly at Sweetie. "Nice to meet you. Name's Amber and to answer your first question. "Yes, you can say I am one of the best in region. And to your second question, you'll just have to wait for later."


"Awww ok," Sweetie Belle said. "But it's still nice to meet you, I know you're going to do awesome in the games!" She went back to her friends as Pinkie gently nudged Amber with her elbow.


"Looks like someone has a fan," Pinkie smirked.


"Wouldn't be the first time. At Cloudsdale, almost everyone knew me. Even those who weren't really the extrovert type."


The sound of a mic test came on as Principal Celestia came up on the stage. "Good afternoon students. As you all know, tomorrow we will face our rival Crystal Prep Academy in the Friendship Games as we join together in the spirit of excellence, sportsmanship, and fidelity!"


Usually the students would give an unenthusiastic applause but with the elephant in the room, there were chattering among eachother.


"I think we could win this year!"

"Yeah, this year we have to win!"

"We got a beast in our team! There's no way we're going to lose tomorrow!"


Principal Celetia cleared her throat. "Now as you all know by now, our newest student might just be the key we need to finally win. Amber Shine would you please stand up?" Everyone turned their attention to Amber as she stood up from the bleachers. "When I heard that one of the best regional competetiors was moving in our school, I was quite shocked." Celestia admitted. "But the achievements this young lady accomplished is aboslutley phenomal, including winning the Friendship Games district, state, and region!" Amber blushed as Principal Celestia listed her accomplishments. "There is no doubt she will be a key player on our team." Principal Celestia paused for a moment. The students cheered wildly until she signaled them to quiet down. "Now I have asked Rainbow Dash to come up here and give you all a little motivation." Rainbow stepped up to the stage and grabbed the microphone.


"Thank you, Principal Celestia." She said. She turned to the crowd of students and asked them, "Who are we?!"


"Wondercolts!" came the student's replied. Rainbow shook her head.


"Come on, scream like you have lungs! WHO ARE WE?!"


"WONDERCOLTS!" The students hollered.


"ONE MORE TIME WHO ARE WE?!"


"WE ARE WONDERCOLTS!"


Rainbow smirked as the Marching Band began to play.


Rainbow Dash: Crystal Prep students are super athletic, super smart, and super motivated. But there's one thing they aren't. They aren't Wondercolts!

We've fought magic more than once
And come out on top

[Chorus]

Oh, oh

[Rainbow Dash]

There's other schools, but none can make those claims

[Chorus]

Na, na-na-na-na, oh

[Rainbow Dash]

Together we are Canterlot
Come and cheer our name

[Chorus]

Oh, oh

[Rainbow Dash]

This will be our year to win these games

[Rainbow Dash and chorus]

We'll always be Wondercolts forever
And now our time has finally arrived
'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship
And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive

[instrumental break]

[Students]

Hey!

[Rainbow Dash]

We're not the school we were before

[Students]

Before!

[Rainbow Dash]

Yeah, we're different now

[Chorus]

Oh, oh

[Students]

Hey, hey!

[Rainbow Dash]

We overcame the obstacles we faced

[Chorus]

Overcame the obstacles we faced

[Students]

Hey!

[Rainbow Dash]

We're Canterlot united

[Students]

Unite!

[Rainbow Dash]

And we'll never bow

[Chorus]

Oh, oh

[Students]

Hey, hey!

[Rainbow Dash]

So get ready to see us in first place

[All]

We'll always be Wondercolts forever
(Three! Two! One! Go!)
And now our time has finally arrived
(Our time is now!)
'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship
And you know, at the end of the day, it is we who survive
At the end of the day, it is we who survive

Na, na, na-na-na-na
Wondercolts united together
Na, na, na-na-na-na
Wondercolts united forever

Na, na, na-na-na-na
Wondercolts united together
Na, na, na-na-na-na
Wondercolts united forever

Na, na, na-na-na-na
Wondercolts united together

[Rainbow Dash]

We'll always be Wondercolts forever
And now our time has finally arrived
'Cause we believe in the magic of friendship
And you know...

At the end of the day, it is we who survive
At the end of the day, it is we who survive!


The students cheered even louder than before. Rainbow beamed as she asked the students, "ARE WE GONNA LET CRYSTAL PREP TAKE OUR WIN?!"


"NO!"


"That's right! They may have stomped on us before, but we're not the same school anymore! Tomorrow, they're going to learn not to mess with the wondercolts! It's time we finally win these games!" The students cheered throughout the gym. So loud that if anyone was in the library, which was all the way across the other end of the hallway, they could hear the loud noise.


Once the students cleared out of the gym, Amber met with Rainbow and the girls behind the curtains. The latter had a confident smile on her face as Fluttershy was the first to speak.


"Rainbow Dash! That was amazing! Even I feel like we could win!"


"I feel like my school spirit is at an all-time high!" Rarity squealed.


"That was...incredible!" Amber said. "And how did you...transform?"


"It's something that comes naturally. Probably because I'm so awesome!" Rainbow declared.


"Maybe, I mean you are awesome, but there's gotta be more to it than that." Sunset replied.


"Well whatever it is, we'd like you to keep magic out of the games as much as possible. We don't want to cause anything that would make us forfeit the games." VP Luna said as she came up. "Sunset Shimmer, you came here from another world filled with magic. Perhaps you could get to the bottom of our magically development."


"I'll do my best," Sunset said confidently. After VP Luna walked away, Rainbow turned to her friends.


"Any idea what events we're gonna play?"


"Who knows. It could be anything," Fluttershy implied.


"Anything?!" Pinkie gasped. "You mean it can even be a pie eating contest?!"


"Maybe, we would never know until it happens," Amber giggled.


"How will I ever find the right outfit to go with our events?" Rarity wondered.


"I would really love to help but I really gotta figure out why Rainbow ponied up while playing her guitar. I'll see you guys later!" Sunset said as she left.


"She's got everything under control. Nothing to worry about!" Pinkie reassured.


"It would be a dream come true when we finally beat that awful school for once!" Rarity said with hope.


"Yeah," Amber agreed. "I wish someone would show them their place. Oh wait- I already did!" She smirked. The girls laughed as Amber continued. "And I qoute from one of them *ahem*, 'Watch us humiliate you so bad, you're gonna forfeit!'. That same day, they got demolished so bad I'm sure they're still trying to live it down. Trust me, once they see me tomorrow, I can assure they won't be laughing anytime soon."