• Published 11th Oct 2022
  • 445 Views, 17 Comments

The Friendship Games: Amber Shine - PonyyCode



Crystal Prep might finally lose their win streak when a new girl comes to town. (Not just Sci-Twi).

  • ...
 17
 445

School Tour

"And over here is the Library," Susnset says gesturing towards the double doors. "It's perhaps the largest room in the school so it's impossible to miss."


"It's really huge," Amber commented as they went inside. She looked around. "Cloudsdale's cafeteria was only half this size. "Although the food there was decent."


"Well I'm sure you'll like it here too. It's no cuisine but it's not terrible either." Sunset said. Next up was the gymnasium. "This is where we hold all our basketball games and tournaments. It's also where we're going to meet with Crystal Prep tommorrow. There coming over to our school."


A smirk formed on Amber's face. "Ah I see. I can't wait to see there faces when see meet me."


"They must really have it out for you, huh?" Sunset guessed.


"Mhm. You know how they don't like to lose. Their ego is higher than Mount Everest so it's really funny when my school just comes in and puts them in their place."

After Sunset showed Amber the other classrooms and hallways they decided to go ask Principal Celestia if Amber could compete. As they were walking down they accidentally bumped into two teenage girls. One was light blue skinned and had light blue and white hair. She wore a pink skirt with a matching tanktop and purple shoes. The other was cream skinned with dark magenta and pink hair. She wore white skirt and tanktop with matching shoes. They ran up to Amber and there was no doubt they were excited to meet her.


"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," said the blue-skinned one. "We weren't looking where we were going."


"That's alright," Sunset said kindly. The blue skinned girl noticed Amber.


"Hey, I don't think I've seen you before! Well it's nice to meet you. I'm Lyra Heartstrings and this is my friend Bon-Bon."


Amber shook hands with Lyra and Bon-Bon. "It's nice to meet you both. I'm Amber Shine. Today's my first day and I just moved here from Cloudsdale High."


Bon-Bon and Lyra's jaws dropped as soon as they heard the last two words."


"Cloudsdale High?!" they exclaimed together.


Amber giggled. "It seems you two know alot about Cloudsdale."


"Uhhh hello? Almost all of us heard about it! that school completley anihalated Crystal Prep when they compete against them during the Friendship Games!" Bon Bon exclaimed. "Wait have you compete in them before?"


"I have, indeed."


"Well you must be like godess-tier or something."


"Aww it's no big deal, though I do find it funny seeing Crystal Prep's reaction when they lose and to think they still gloat they're the 'best'"


"Are you going to compete with us? That would be so amazing!" Bon Bon asked hopefully. Me and Lyra are in and so are a few other students but we could really use someone like you on our team."


"That's actually what I was trying to do. I was going to ask Principal Celestia if she could make an exception and let me compete since the votings are over."


"Well I bet she will especially if you tell her who you are." Lyra said. "Well it was nice meeting you, Amber and good seeing you too, Sunset. bye-bye!"


Sunset and Amber waved bye and made their way to the office. When they went inside they saw Principal Celestia at the front desk. She smiled at them.


"Hello, Sunset. Have you finished giving the tour?"


"I did and we were also wondering if we could ask you something."


"Oh and what would that be?" Celestia asked as she shuffled through her paperwork.


"Well we were hoping if there was any way I could compete in the Friendship Games. I know that would make a lot of us happy and I mean a lot." Amber laughed slightly.


"Hmmm. As much as I would like for that to happen, I think me and Vice Principal Luna should talk it over. We did already counted the votes but I'll see what we can do."


VP Luna just happened to come inside the office and noticed Sunset and Amber inside. "Oh you're back already. I see Sunset has shown you everything?"


Amber nodded. "We were just asking if there was a way I could participate in the Friendship Games. I know it would make a bunch of us here happy."


"Hmmm. If you girls would give us a moment and just wait outside while me and my sister discuss about it." VP Luna suggested. Sunset and Amber left the room and closed the door behind them. VP Luna turned to her sister. "I say I'm all for it. As soon as I saw she was from Cloudsdale, I also couldn't believe it!"


"I know, sister but don't you think this would be an unfair advantage?"


"Unfair? I don't understand what's so unfair about this. If you're talking about our school having one more person on the team than Crystal Prep than we can allow that school to have one more person as well."


"I guess so, but I still feel like this is some sort of 'cheating'.


"I can't say that it is cheating but I thought you would be happy to go along with it. Wouldn't it be nice to win these games for once so our school can have something good to look back on?" Luna asked.


"Yes believe me I do but even then we'd have to replan the whole event because all of our challenges involve having a partner and it would be too much of a hassle to add a fourteenth player."


As much as Luna wanted to convince her sister otherwise, she knew there was no other way. The school had already casted their votes and the Friendship Games were starting tommorrow. If nothing happened between now and then, Amber would not be able to participate. Principal Celestia walked up and opened the door. She motioned Sunset and Amber to come inside and told her the unfortunate news.


"I'm terribly sorry but I'm afraid we can't let you compete. Don't get us wrong, you're extremely talented but it would be a hassle trying to fit you in."


Amber smiled. Although she was a little dissapointed, she should have known it was too late. "Well thank you, anyways. I-"


*knock knock*


"Come in," Principal Celestia calls out. The door opens and a boy with light green hair with dreadlocks, red-t-shirt, blue jeans and brown shoes walked in.


"Hey Principal, I got some bad news. I think I'm coming down with something so I might have to drop out of the Friendship Games. Been having this headache and I just talked with the nurse. She says I might have to stay home."
Amber's heart almost skipped a beat. She could not believe her luck. That is if she could now participate. The boy now noticed Amber. "Woah! Didn't see you there! Wait a minute are you Amber?! Lyra and BonBon were just talking about you. They say you're like a beast in the Games! Oh I'm Sandalwood if you didn't know."


Amber giggled. "Thank you, and yes I am Amber. And it's nothing really. I'm sure there's someone here who just's as good as me."


Sunset couldn't help but admire how humble Amber was. Though she was definitley above both Crystal Prep and Canterlot High, she didn't act like a stuck-up snob who thought she was better than everyone else.


"Nah, the best one we got is probably Rainbow Dash, I'm sure you've met her already. But even you could beat her."


"Well you never know," Amber smiled. "And you're probably talented too because you were voted into the games."


"That's probably because I'm an ace in Chemistry which is one of the first rounds. Hey maybe you can take my spot!" He turned to Principal Celestia. "Would that be possible, Principal?"


Celestia and her sister looked at one another before Luna gave a nod. Celestia folded her hands together. "I see no reason not to so yes she can join."


"Great! Alright best of luck to you, Amber and nice seeing you, Sunset."


"Thank you, and hope you feel better soon." Amber replied.


Sunset and Amber left the office after Sandalwood. They immediatley went to the Library to tell the other girls the great news. When they did, Rainbow's face lit up with joy.


"That's what I'm talking about!" she almost shouts as she just realized she was still in the Library. She lowered her voice. "This is going to be so awesome!"


Pinkie ran up and wrapped her in a hug. "Ooooh this is going to be so fun! *gasp* Everyone will just go crazy knowing your going to be in the games!"


"Indeed, no doubt they're going to be cheering your name," Rarity agreed.


"Well Crystal Prep sure ain't gonna be happy," AJ chuckled. "With you on our team, they can kiss their winning streak against us good-bye."


Amber nodded. "I have a good feeling. It's time to change this school's record for good.