• Published 11th Oct 2022
  • 446 Views, 17 Comments

The Friendship Games: Amber Shine - PonyyCode



Crystal Prep might finally lose their win streak when a new girl comes to town. (Not just Sci-Twi).

  • ...
 17
 446

Pinkie's Party and game preparation

"Okey dokey, Twilight. These are the correct boxes!" Pinkie chirped as they were at the entrance doors again. Twilight was practically gasping for air at this point while the latter didn't even look exshausted. Pinkie opened up the boxes to reveal two large party cannons. Twilight realized what was about to happen and looked worriedly at the Cannons and to Pinkie wondering if this was safe.


"Umm are you sure this is a good idea?"


"Absolutley!" Pinkie beamed as she fired the party cannons of confetti, and at the same moment, she quickly put a huge table of of assorted cupcakes in the corner of the gym and handed Vynyl a CD player. It all happened so fast that to Twilight, she didn't even see anything. At that moment, the welcoming party was now beginning to feel like an actual party. The vibes were changing, confetti was falling everywhere, and even the CPA an CHS students were starting to mingle in a not-so-hostile way. Twilight looked around in amazement as she saw the excited and happy faces of both schools. They were having a great time, but Pinkie was the one who was the most esctatic. "This party is aboslutley super duper fantastic!" She squealed as she began to rise in the air emitting a pink aura around her. At the moment, the device around twilight's neck began to vibrate and seemed to pull towards Pinkie like a magnet. The next thing Twilight realized was that it looked like it was draining magic from Pinkie as the latter slowly descended back on the floor feeling tired. Principal Cinch came up on the stage and tapped the microphone, making a screeching sound that caused everyone to cover their ears. Cinch waited for a few minutes before speaking.


"First, I'd like to thank Principal Celestia for the unconventional welcome. It's been awhile since the last Friendship Games but it seems like nothing has ever changed. It's amazing after so many losses, Canterlot High is still commited to it's ideals. They continue to pick their students in a popularity contest and Crystal Prep continues to fued it's top twelve. I wish you all the best of luck, regardless of the eneviable outcome."


"And that outcome will change today." Everyone turned their attention to Amber who had a smirk forming on her face. If there was anyone who did not notice her in the room, they certainly did now. Principal Cinch noticed her too but had trouble remembering who she was. "Hiya everyone! My gosh it's so nice to meet all of you since we competed in our Friendship Games. I find it amazing how you talk about winning despite the reality of getting your behinds handed to you."


"And who might you be?" Cinch asked slightly irrated.


"Principal Cinch, don't you remember me? Amber Shine. I'm a transfer student from Cloudsdale High. You remember that school, right?" Amber asks in a sweet yet somewhat taunting manner. The Crystal Prep's student body suddenly went pale as one student whispered to the other,


"We are so fucking screwed."


"I know right."


"Amber, it amazes me how confident you are. It really does and I wish you good luck if you're going to gain victory, because this time, you're going to need it." Cinch says coldly. She walked off the stage as Celestia took back the microphone.


"Later today, the first round will start which will be hosted by the Field Leaders. You all have two hours to prepare while everything gets set up." She dismissed the students as they began to leave the gym.


"I can just see CPA's faces when they lose to us. Can you imagine? Crystal Prep loses to CHS!" Rainbow says with excitement.


"I have no doubt their reaction would be priceless and trust me, I'll be there to witness it all." Amber said. "If we want to win these games we need to put our absolute best out there." The girls nodded in agreement.


"Indeed, no matter what, we shall put one hunred and ten percent," Rarity agreed.


"And remember, we have the field leaders hosting this time and if Mighty and Sapphire gives you a perfect evaulation, I can guarantee that's a one way ticket to victory."


Sunset noticed Pinkie collapsed on the floor exhausted. "Oh my gosh Pinkie!" She ran towards her followed by her friends. "Are you alright? What happened?"


"I don't know...Everyone was having fun and then out of no where it felt like the magic drained right out of me."


"Did you just say 'drain' out of you?" Sunset questioned.


"Well I thought the party additions were really swell," AJ complimented.


"Yes if only that Principal Cinch hadn't frozen it again," Rarity said.


"Yeah, she's awful," Pinkie groaned.


"Well we can't worry too much about her. We gotta have our minds ready for the first round," Rarity pointed out. "If we want to win, we need to be on our A game!"


Meanwhile while everyone else was getting ready Mighty, Sapphire and Error were making sure everything was set up for the competetion. "You think Crystal Prep is going to win again, Mighty?" Sapphire asked.


"Who knows. This time they have to deal with the one who beat them countless times," Mighty chuckled. "But we'll see."


"So the first round is the home ec, right?" Error asked.


"That's right. We'll evaulate each student's cooking and whoever team wins is the one who had the best score," Mighty confirmed. "It's going to be a tough one though."


"Mhm, Crystal Prep might have an ego but they made some really high quality food." Sapphire said.


"Yeah but nothing will top Error's Chocolate Souffle!" Mighty grinned. "I know I keep telling you, dude but that was probably the best dessert I had in my life!"


"Come on, is it really that big of a deal?" Error asked as he blushed.


"Whether it was or not, it was the best we've ever tasted. Hell not even Lemon Zest's Creme Brulee came close, I mean they had really good dishes especially Sour Sweet's Blue Berry Cheesecake. If the Chocolate Souffle didn't win, then it would have been the cheesecake." Mighty said. After they were done talking, they finished setting up the room. Once they were done, they exited the room to meet with the students at the front entrance ready to begin the games.

Author's Note:

Next up: The games begin!