• Published 11th Oct 2022
  • 445 Views, 17 Comments

The Friendship Games: Amber Shine - PonyyCode



Crystal Prep might finally lose their win streak when a new girl comes to town. (Not just Sci-Twi).

  • ...
 17
 445

The new girl in town

Sunset Shimmer had just finished telling her friends about what she saw earlier this morning. She told them everything that had happened including the strange hooded figure who ran away from her.


"She was definitley up to something," Sunset said. "I mean why else would she be snooping around the portal?"


"You don't think she was up to anything evil do you?" A girl with pink hair and pale skin, Fluttershy asked.


"Well wether for evil intentions or not. She definitley wasn't there to stand around." Sunset said. "I would have gotten a good look at her but she ran away before I could see."





"Do you think she came through the portal from Equestria?" Fluttershy asked.


"No, no I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that. I think she's from over here." Sunset said.


Well that's a relief. The last thing we need is another one of those villains hellbent on world domination." The farm girl, AppleJack commented winking at Sunset. Sunset smirked as she turned her attention towards the tomboyish rainbow haired girl, Rainbow Dash.


"Well I think I know who it is. No I know who it might be!"


"Who might it be, Rainbow?" Rarity asked.


"Was it a nighttime gardener?!" the party girl Pinkie asked.


"No. It wasn't." Rainbow said. "Now seeing as they got off a bus from the city and headed on a bus too the city I can guess they go to Crystal Prep!"


The other girls nodded in agreement. Sunset was visibly confused.


"Oh you've never heard of Crystal Prep before," Rarity realized. "They're our biggest rivals. Especially during this time with the Friendship Games."


"The Friendship Games?" Sunset wondered.


"It's an academic and sporting event that we compete in against our rival school, Crystal Prep." Fluttershy explained.


"We've never won once against them," Rarity said sadly. "I bet that hooded figure was one of those ill-minded students about to deface the wondercolt statue again!"


"They would take a bus all the way from the city for that?" Sunset asked. All the girls nodded.


"They would have done so if you weren't there." AppleJack said.


"I guess but why are they our biggest rivals? Aren't these 'Friendship Games' supposed to be our two schools getting along?"


"Well it's kinda hard to get along with someone who beats you at everything." AJ said flatly. Not once had we won against them."


"Our school has never won not even once?" Sunset asked. AJ shook her head.


"Crystal Prep has won every Friendship Game. We have never won against them. Not even close and no other school has won against them either."


Pinkie's eyes went wide as she realized something. "Wait! But isn't there.."


"There is one school though," AJ quickly said. "which is..."


"Cloudsdale High," Rainbow finished for her. "Basically they make Crystal Prep look like our school when they compete against eachother."


"So they're better than Crystal Prep," Sunset said.


"Mhm. By a long shot," Rarity replied. "Crystal Prep has won about 22 Friendship games and Cloudsdale High has won about 23."


"I mean that's only one more. It's not that big of a deal," Sunset pointed out.


"In the District," Rarity said. "They won 23 in just the District, and 15 in the State."


"And they're considered the best in our region!" Pinkie chimed in. "You know that means multiple states!"


"I'm sure Sunset knows what region means, Pinkie." Rainbow chuckled. "But yeah, that's basically Cloudsdale."


"Wow, that is really impressive," Sunset said a bit surprised. "But how do you know all that?"


"There's a news article in our school about the Friendship Games. It keeps us up to date on what's going on with the events and who's competeting against who," Rainbow explained. "So far it's only Cloudsdale who beat every school and that includes Crystal Prep."


"But despite the obvious, those awful students at CPA still gloat that they're the best!" Rarity scoffed. "Even though every evidence that they're not is in front of them."


"Have we ever played against them before?" Sunset asked.


"The only way that would happen is if we beat Crystal Prep and move on up, but obviously that hasn't happened yet."


"Nor will it ever," Fluttershy said quietly. "If they can easily step on Crystal Prep, imagine how it would be if we tried to compete against them."


"Probably terrible." Sunset guessed.


"Maybe but from what I heard, even though they're infintley times better than our rival school they're not like that stuck up school who think's they're better than everyone else." Rainbow said.


"Sunset Shimmer?"


Sunset jumped a little and turned around. Vice Principal Luna had approached her which took the latter a bit by surprise.


"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you, but I was wondering if you would like to show our new student a tour of our school," VP Luna said. "She just moved here from Cloudsdale High."


"CLOUDSDALE?!" All the girls except Sunset said in surprise.


"You mean THE CLOUDSDALE?!" Rainbow gasped as she could hardly believe her ears. VP Luna couldn't help but smile.


"Yes Rainbow. I think we all heard about Cloudsdale High and I believe she might be one of the best region competitors in the Friendship Games. Maybe this is the miracle we need to win."


"Of course I can show her," Sunset smiled. "Where is she?"


"She's currently in the office right now getting her schedule and perhaps she'll be pleased to meet all of you."


"Alright, I'll meet her there." Sunset waved to her friends. "I'll be right back." Her friends waved back as Sunset left the Library.


===========================================****=====================================================

The door to the office opened and inside was the new student. A teen girl with brown hair, and light gray skin. She wore a pink jacket which had gold patterns along the waist and a pair of light blue jeans and athletic tennis shoes. She smiled at Sunset as soon as she saw her.


"Hi! You must be the new girl here!" Sunset said joyfully. "I'm Sunset Shimmer and it's very nice to meet you."


Sunset and the new girl shook hands as the new girl introduced herself. "You as well. I'm Amber Shine and I guess Vice Principal Luna told you a little about me already." She chuckled."


"She did and my friends are all very excited to meet you. Hey about about you come meet them before I give you a tour?" Sunset suggested. Amber shrugged.


"I don't see why not, lead the way!" Amber grabbed her new schedule on the way out as she and Sunset left the Office and made their way to the library. When they approached the other girls, they all immediatley gathered around her.


"Well howdy there, partner! You must be the new girl!" AJ said happily.


"Yep, that's me. Name's Amber Shine by the way."


"Well It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm AppleJack by the way or you can just call me AJ."


Rainbow was next as the girls continued to introduce themselves. "Name's Rainbow Dash! The absoloute best athlete in this school!" She said pridefully.


"Rainbow, darling please do be humble. Don't forget who you're introducing yourself to." Rarity reminded her. She turned to Amber. "Sorry about that, she can be a little boastful but she's a really good friend. I'm Rarity by the way and I must say that jacket your wearing looks absolutley marvelous! I must know where you got it from."


"Thanks. I actually didn't buy it. It was gift from the Cloudsdale High team after winning the Friendship Games All Region."


"Wow, and we can't even beat Crystal Prep," Rainbow said in awe. Pinkie was up next to introduce herself.


"Hi there! I'm Pinkie Pie. It's so exciting to meet you. I just know we're going to be really really good friends!" Amber smiled kindly at the party girl.


"It's great to meet you too, Pinkie. I sure hope I can make as much friends as I did back in Cloudsdale. No doubt everyone's going to miss me there."


Last but not least was Fluttershy. "I'm Fluttershy and it's an honor to meet you." She said kindly.


"You as well, Fluttershy. Now I'm sure all of you heard a little about me."


"uhhh yeah!" Rainbow said. "You're one of the best competetiors in the Friendship Games! In the entire region!"


"Indeed, you and your school's talents are just on another level," Rarity added. "And to think you easily humiliate our rival school Crystal Prep so easily and we can't even win against them."


"Crystal Prep? You mean that school who thinks they're the best even though we beat them every Friendship Games?" Amber scoffed. "Please the only thing they're better at than us is having a higher ego."


"Well I'm sure they're going to be eager to meet you. We're facing off against them...unfortunatley." Rainbow muttered. She then realized something. "Hey how about you compete with us? The games are starting tomorrow!"


"Oh I would love to but I think it's too late!" Amber said sadly. "They probably already picked their votes on who's going to compete."


"But you're from Cloudsdale! Just go ask Principal Celestia. Considering your background, she HAS to make an exception. There's no way she wouldn't let you compete!" Rainbow urged.


"Alright, alright I'll go ask but I can't make any promises."


The girls cheered and Sunset beamed. "Come on, Amber. After I show you around, we can go ask if there can be an exception made."

Sunset and Amber waved by to the other girls as the two continued on with the tour.