• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 3,175 Views, 47 Comments

A Strange But Familiar Place - KP9457



After one great night Kyle's life changed forever when he came to a new world.

  • ...
9
 47
 3,175

Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine A Weekend Of Fun

The next morning came around and I rolled out of bed to get ready for work, as I left the house I headed toward Carousel Boutique. I entered the boutique and was greeted by Rarity “Why good morning Maverick, how are you doing today?”

“I’m great Rarity how about yourself?” I inquired her.

“I’m fine, how did your date go last night?” Rarity asked with wide eyes.

I laughed for a second before saying “It went well, we both had a good time. We laughed, talked about just random stuff and had a lot of fun.”

“That’s fabulous! I’m glad you both had fun.” Smiling at me “But now we must hurry to get the rest of these dresses complete as well with something for yourself and Spike to wear.”

I nodded in agreement as she told me to go grab a few fabrics. A few hours passed before Rarity spoke up again “A little bit more here and done. Oh why Maverick what do you think?” She asked as I entered the room.

I noticed the two dresses both looking perfect. The first was a light pink with bright colors on it which made it stand out from any other in a crowd. The second was a dark red with a lighter red as a trim around the edges. The dress looked extremely elegant. I told Rarity that both the dresses looked beautiful and she should be very proud of the dresses, Rarity began to blush before telling me “Alright two done, and I already have the rest of the design work done for Fluttershy’s, Twilight’s, Applejack’s and Rainbow Dash’s. What I need to do now is create yours and Spikes designs. I’m thinking for Spike a classic black over coat and pants with white shirt and black tie. What would you like Maverick?”

After thinking for a moment or two I answered with “How about a white jacket and coat, ivory vest and tie with a white shirt.”

“Marvelous! That will look simply marvelous!” Rarity exclaimed to me.

Rarity quickly began doing the design work for Spike and myself, an hour passed and Rarity asked me to take a gander at the designs. I looked at both and told that they looked great. “Perfect. Now Maverick I need you to go grab me all these materials.” She insisted as she began to levitate a list of materials towards me.

I nodded and headed off to grab all of them; I returned and handed all of them over to Rarity, she thanked me and began working on all of the Winter Ball Spectacular outfits. A few hours passed and Rarity told me to head home for the day and that she would see me on Monday. I told her to have a nice weekend as I headed out the door. Once I left I headed back for my house, but as I was passing by the library Twilight Sparkle burst out nearly knocking me over, “Sorry Maverick I just got some big news from Canterlot.”

“What is it, Twilight?” I asked her.

“The princess sent me a letter saying that she would like all eight of us in Canterlot a week before the Winter Ball Spectacular.” Twilight told me.

“Oh wow this is great I can’t.” I smiled at her with excitement on my face.

“Sorry to run but I have got to go tell everypony else.” Twilight said before running off.

Spike slowly began to follow with a kind of a sad look on his face; I turned to him and asked “Hey what’s up Spike? Why are you looking so sad?”

“Don’t get me wrong I’m excited to go see the Princesses and be with all of my friends but all everypony will want to do is talk to Celestia and Luna. I just would like to go out on Canterlot with somepony.” Spike told me sighing.

“Well your right I do want to hang out with Luna and Celestia but I would like to go see what Canterlot is all about. I have never been, would you want to go out and hit the town one once with me?” I replied to him.

“Well yeah that would be great! I can’t wait.” The dragon exclaimed smiling ear to ear.

“Spike are you coming?” Twilight said from a far.

“I better get going Maverick see you later.” Spike told me before running to catch up to Twilight.

“Later Spike.” I yelled at him.

I finished my walk home, and had a nice salad and read the Supernatural books for bit, before going to bed. The next morning I slept in for a bit before getting up, grabbing my saddle bag and going to Sugar Cube Corner to treat myself on my day off. When I got to Sugar Cube Corner I saw Pinkie Pie and before I could say hello she ran over and said “Hello Maverick, how are you? I’m fantastic. Would you like something to eat? Did Twilight tell you the big news? Huh? Huh?”

“First hello Pinkie, I’m good and something to eat would be great what do you recommend? Yes Twilight did tell the big news.” I told her

“Hmm well there is the bear claws, the chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting and there is Applejack’s pie she gave us to sell.” Pinkie replied to me.

“I think I’ll go with the cupcake that sounds delicious, did make them yourself?” I asked

“I sure did! I will go get you one just go take a seat!” She told me with a big Pinkie Pie smile on her face.

I nodded and found myself a table and took a seat. A couple seconds later Pinkie appeared with two cupcakes one for me and one for herself. Pinkie sat herself down across from me and we had breakfast together. Once we finished our cupcakes Pinkie asked me a question “How did your date with Applejack go?”

“It went great we both had a good time.” I replied calmly.

“O-M-G! I’m just so happy for both of you! This just so great two of my best friends are going out! YAH!” Pinkie exclaimed.

I laughed because of Pinkie’s enthusiasm. I took a quick look at the clock on the wall noticing that it was I better get going I told Pinkie “I better get going, thanks for breakfast though.”

“Okie dokie lokie, have a great day Maverick, bye.” She told me

I said my goodbye to her and walked out the door heading towards the Ponyville hardware store, to pick up some new paint for the walls of my house. When I arrived at the hardware I was greeted by a handypony, he was a dark brown unicorn with a hammer and nail for a cutie mark and his mane was a lighter brown. “Welcome to Ponyville Hardware, my name is Mr. Fixit. How can I help you today?”

“Hi Mr. Fixit my name is Maverick, and I was wondering what you have for paint?” I replied to him.

After thinking for a second he responded by saying “Well we have just about every color except orange, we sold out yesterday. Three young fillies came in and bought all of our orange.”

“That’s ok; I was thinking something more in a neutral brown.” I told him.

“Well let me show you what we have.” He enthused as he began to lead the way over to the shelve.

As we began looking I saw a color that looked perfect so I grabbed a can of it, “This will be perfect, and do you have any primer, rollers and paint trays?” I asked him.

“Yes we do let me go grab you a couple rollers and a couple trays and the primer and I will meet you up at the counter.”

I thanked him and headed up to the counter. After a few minutes Mr. Fixit returned and had with him all of the supplies I had asked for, “Alright is that everything for you today?”

“Yes it is, how much do I owe you?” I asked

“Your total comes to 50 bits.” Mr. Fixit told me.

I thought to myself “That’s extremely cheap, there’s no way you could get all that on earth for that much.” I paid him in full, loaded up my saddle bag and I made my way back to my house. Once I arrived home, I unloaded my bags and put on some Van Halen and began to prime the green walls. After a few hours and a few records I had all the walls primed, and the first one I did was ready to paint so I started painting. I got a few of the walls done before looking at the clock realizing it was two in the morning. I decided I should get to bed, because I had to work in the morning. While lying in bed I began thinking to myself how my life changed I missed my friends on earth but I was glad with the friends I had here, it couldn’t help but be bitter sweet.