• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 3,174 Views, 47 Comments

A Strange But Familiar Place - KP9457



After one great night Kyle's life changed forever when he came to a new world.

  • ...
9
 47
 3,174

Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11 Winter Ball Spectacular

The train ride to Canterlot was a lot of fun with Pinkie bouncing off the walls being her regular Pinkie Pie self, while Rarity was rambling on about how sophisticated everypony is. Twilight Sparkle and Spike were talking about seeing the Princess again and discussing magic with her. Rainbow Dash was talking to Fluttershy and Applejack about how awesome it’s going to be seeing the Wonder Bolts, as for myself I was just happy being on the train enjoying the beautiful scenery of Equestria and having my hooves around Applejack just made the entire trip a lot better. As we began to approach Canterlot I could see the castle raise from the horizon, and with each minute more and more buildings rose up in front of the castle, everypony couldn’t believe that we were already so close. A few more minutes passed and we heard the conductor say over the loud speaker “Now approaching the Canterlot station, please sit back and relax.”

As the train began to slow everypony looked outside and saw the entire city in front of us, I was in awe of the city’s beauty. Everypony in Canterlot walking with high class about them, I could tell Rarity felt at home with the entire city. The train came to stop and we all got off, each with what we packed and one of Rarity’s suit cases each, while she had only a small bag to carry. We began to make our way to the castle where we were going to be staying, as we were walking we passed by gorgeous building and sophisticated ponies. As we continued walking we passed a large record store with what looked like thousands of records, I turned to Spike and told him “We have to come here!”

Laughing Spike responded “Alright Maverick we will come back here. Oh and if you like this store we should also check out Buck’s hobby shop. They have got everything from records to card games, it awesome!”

I nodded back with a large smile on my face; the other ponies became confused wondering what we were talking about, so Spike and I explained our plan and how he and I were planning to hit the town. Everypony laughed and agreed that was a great idea for me to see Canterlot. We continued walking until we reached the castle walls; they were large stone walls with ramparts on top. All along the outside at the bottom of the walls were lush, green and red rose bushes with thick green grass leading up to the bushes. As we went over the draw bridge into the court yard, we were greeted by the royal guards, when all of the sudden a voice from behind a couple of the guards rejoiced “Twily you made it!”

Twilight quickly turned around and sang out “Shining Armor it’s you!” as she began to run over and give him a huge hug.

“It’s so great to see all of you again, wait I don’t think we have met yet.” He expressed to all of us.

As the unicorn began to walk over to me and extend is hoof “My name is Shining Armor, I’m head of the royal guards and Twilights BBBFF.”

“My name is Maverick friend of Twilight and her friends, by the way what is a BBBFF?” I asked the unicorn.

Before Shining Armor could answer Twilight chimed in “It stands for Big Brother Best Friend Forever.”
I began laughing and before I could reply to Applejack spoke up saying “And Maverick is more than just a friend to some of us.” As she leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Does that mean we are now official?” I asked Applejack.

“Why Maverick it sure does. You’re my coltfriend and I’m your marefriend.” She told me while she was blushing, and tilting her head downward.

I used my hoof and raised her head back up and gave her a long gentle kiss, as most ponies around went “Aweeee” except for Rainbow Dash and Spike who both acted like they would barf. When we finished both Applejack and I looked at each other and said “WHOA!”

“Well now that gushy love junk is done, can we please head into the castle?” Rainbow Dash asked everypony.

“Oh Rainbow Dash, I just don’t understand why you have to be like, this is a beautiful heart filled moment and you got to go ruin it.” Rarity exclaimed.

“She’s right we should start heading in.” I told everypony as I stated to make my way into the castle.
Everypony soon followed suit and we entered into the castle where we were greeted by a pink alicorn who ran up to Twilight

Sparkle as both her and stated singing “Sunshine, sunshine lady bugs awake clap your hooves and do a little shake.” When they finished both burst out laughing.

When they finished laughing, the alicorn walked up to me and introduced herself as “Hello there, my name is Princess Cadence.”

“It’s an honor to meet you Princess, I am Maverick.”

“It’s nice to meet you Maverick.” she said as she nodded to me. She then turned to everypony and told us “Celestia and Luna are waiting for you in the throne room.”

As we began to make our way to the throne room we saw the extravagance of the castle from every piece of design work. When we entered into the throne room I looked around and saw all of the glass murals of the history of Equestria, from the emergence of Nightmare Moon to the elements of harmony defeating Discord. We saw both Princess sitting there for us one being Celestia who I had already met. The other walked up to me and announced in the royal Canterlot voice “Who art thou? We must knoweth this?”

After thinking about my answer for as second before I could answer however Celestia spoke up “This is Maverick, the stallion I told you about.”

“Oh, my pardons Maverick, my sister hath told me about thee. I am Princess Luna, it is grand meeting thee.”

“It’s an honor to meet you Princess.” I expressed to her.

The Princesses, myself and the rest of the main six as well as Spike all hung out in the throne room and talked and got to know one and other, we all discussed what we each enjoyed and a weird thing I learned about Luna was that she was an art expert and enjoyed painting as well. The hours passed and before I knew it, it was time for all of us to head to bed and Luna to take her post for the night. The next few days passed quickly each filled with fun times between all of us, and now it was the day before the Winter Ball Spectacular and Spike and I had decided to go on an adventure in Canterlot. The first stop was the record store we passed when we first arrived in Canterlot. As we entered the store the first record I spotted was Aerosmith’s Music From Another Dimension, I ran over picked it up and continued looking. After a few more hours of fun in the store we decided to pay and head over to Buck’s Hobby Shop. At Buck’s Hobby Shop right as soon as we walked in we were greeted by a white stallion with a green mane whose cutie mark was an ace and king of spades with two poker chips in front of it. “Hello my name is Joe Buck, how can i help you guys today?”

“Hello Joe, my name is Maverick and this is my friend Spike. We were wondering what you had for records?” I responded to him.

“Not much, if you follow me I can show you.” Joe told.

We nodded and followed him, he wasn’t lying by saying not much, but I did find a good record it was Pop Evil’s War of Angels, and for the day that made fifteen records I bought today. After we finished looking I went to pay and as I was paying I saw a poker set so I asked Joe “Well how much is that poker set over there?”

“For twenty bits you can take it home today.” Joe replied to me.

“Alright throw it in too.” I told him.

After I was done paying Spike and I went over to his favorite donut shop and ordered a few donuts and a couple malts. Afterwards we went back to the castle and went to bed. The next day we began setting up for the Winter Ball Spectacular, a few hours passed and Celestia told us that it stared in an hour so we should go get ready. So that’s what we did went to our room and got ready. Once we were all ready we headed to the ball room. The room was perfect with what looked like snow everywhere and trees that looked like they just came in from the snow, once there we all went our separate ways Applejack and I hit the dance floor for a couple hours. As a song ended Pinkie Pie ran over and exclaimed “OH MY GOSH APPLEJACK, you have to come with me NOW!”

Applejack agreed and as she went with Pinkie Pie I went over to grab myself some punch. As I approached the table I bumped into another pony “Sorry about that.” I told the pony.

As they turned around “Oh no problem.” The pony stared at me for a minute before opening their mouth again
saying “Wait…I know you.”

I began to stare at them for a few seconds before realizing who it was, and once I figured out who it was the only word I
could say was “Balls!”