• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 3,175 Views, 47 Comments

A Strange But Familiar Place - KP9457



After one great night Kyle's life changed forever when he came to a new world.

  • ...
9
 47
 3,175

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven A Royal Encounter

After last night I slept like a colt, as I rolled over in bed I opened my eyes and took a look at the clock that sat on the night table, the time on the clock read eleven in the morning. Realizing I have over slept for work, I shot out of bed rushing to grab my new saddlebag along with Applejack’s old saddlebag which I planned to return after work today before I went over to meet up with Mayor Mare at my new place. As I left the room with all of my possessions and said goodbye to Mr. Keeper, before rushing out the door towards Carousel Boutique. While rushing to make it to the boutique, my only thoughts were “Dang it I’m late, I’m late, and I’m really really late. Fudge this can’t be good.”

When I arrived at Carousel Boutique I rushed inside with a frightened look on my face. I found Rarity standing their shocked to see me today, “Maverick!? You showed up today? Why thank you so much dear for showing up, but I thought you would have taken the day off to recover.”

The expression on my face quickly changed to a sheepish smirk and when I opened my mouth to speak the only thing that came out was laughter. Rarity was shocked at this but shortly after she began laughing as well. I broke the laughter by saying “Since I’m here is there anything I could do?”

“Well, I guess you could give me a hoof around the boutique today.” Rarity replied.

I nodded in agreement and placed my bags in the back room and began to help Rarity. After a couple hours Twilight came bursting in exclaiming “Rarity, Maverick! Celestia is coming to Ponyville today! She will be here in half an hour at Sugar Cube Corner!” Just as quickly as Twilight burst in she was gone again, leaving Rarity and myself with a stunned look on our faces.

“I guess we should get ready then?” I asked Rarity.

“That’s a splendid idea, Maverick. Let’s get ready.” Rarity responded

I asked Rarity if I could borrow her shower since I didn’t have time to go to the town office, and then go to the house. Rarity agreed and let me use her shower. I just finished a quick shower and got my hair ready then went downstairs to find Rarity just about ready to leave. “Are you ready darling?” She asked me.

“Yes I am, shall we get going Rarity?” Rarity nodded her head, I grabbed my bags and she and I began to walk towards Sugar Cube Corner.

As we approached Sugar Cube Corner I noticed Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Applejack approaching as well, I assumed that Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie are inside waiting for the Princess. We said our hellos to each other, both Applejack and I gave each other goofy smiles when we said hello. Before we headed into Sugar Cube Corner however I gave Applejack back the old saddlebag while telling her “I appreciate this so much. Thank you Applejack.”

“It aint nothing sugar cube. I’m looking forward to our date on Friday.” Applejack responded to me.

Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Rarity all had the same expression on their face, each having their mouths wide open and eyes as big as coo coo clocks. “WHAT!” all three of them screamed at once. “You two dating?” Rainbow Dash questioned us.

“Well yeah, we are going on a date on Friday.” I replied calmly.

“Why that’s just marvelous you two!” Rarity exclaimed. “Oh yes, I’m just so happy for both of you!” Fluttershy told us. “Yeah guys that great!” Rainbow yelled out

Both Applejack and I began laughing, and all five of us went in to Sugar Cube Corner, where Twilight greeted us and told each of us where to sit with Twilight on one side of the Princess with me on the other, which made me fairly nervous being that close to the Princess. While we were sitting around waiting for Princess Celestia we told Twilight and Pinkie about me and Applejack, both having similar reactions as the rest, first being shocked then being excited for us. As we continued talking we heard hooves on the floor heading towards the table we all turned and as we turned each of us saw a white alicorn with a pink, blue, purple and green mane and tail, and a cutie mark of the sun. Twilight rushed over and greeted the Princess “Princess Celestia we are so glad you’re here!”

“I’m glad to be here Twilight. It’s nice to see you again Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Oh and you must be Maverick it’s nice finally meet you Twilight Sparkle has told me about you.” Princess Celestia exclaimed to the room.

“It’s an honor to meet you Princess Celestia. I hope she has only said good things about me.” I replied giving her a small laugh.

“Don’t worry it was all good.” The Princess told laughing back.

We all sat down and enjoyed time together, each treating Celestia as a friend and not an authority figure. There was a lot of laughing and joking around, until Celestia turned and noticed that she had to take off, so she made her way to the door, but before leaving Princess Celestia told us “Good bye all of you, it was very nice getting to see you, and very nice meeting you Maverick. But before I go I would like to invite all of you to Canterlot for the Winter Spectacular Ball.”

“Why we would be delighted to go.” Rarity expressed to the Princess

The rest of us nodded and said our goodbyes and Princess Celestia left. I turned to Applejack and asked her if I could talk to her in private for a minute, she agreed and we headed out after saying our goodbyes. Before leaving however Rainbow Dash spoke up and said “Ohhh look at the lover bird’s sneaking out.”

“Woo Woo Woo, you know it, RD.” I replied back.

Myself, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and the rest burst out laughing as Applejack and I left Sugar Cube Corner. As we went outside I asked Applejack where she would like to go on Friday. After thinking for a few moments “Hmm, I know we could go to the restaurant Big Times over by the pub.”

“That’s a great idea, should we meet there at seven thirty?” I asked.

“That sounds fantastic Mave, oh shoot it’s getting late I should get going.” Applejack responded

“Alright Applejack.” We hugged and then I went over to Ponyville town office.

I entered the town office and walked up to the front desk and asked to speak with the mayor, she told me to wait here while she went to get the mayor. As I was waiting for the mayor I began to look around at the town office, when all of the sudden I heard “Oh Maverick it’s you.” I turned around and saw Mayor Mare walking towards me I’m so glad you’re here, are you ready to go to the house?” she asked.

“Yes I am, that is if you are free?” I responded.

“Well let’s get going then.” Mayor Mare told me.

I nodded in agreement and then we were off. After a short walk and some small talk between us we arrived at the vacant house, Mayor Mare unlocked the door and allowed me to enter first. When I got in the first thing I did was turned on the lights so I could get a good look at the place. The first thing that caught my eyes were several lime green walls, but also some lighter brown walls. The floors were a medium wood floor stain, with white trim. The living room furniture was white and brush nickel table with glass tops. There was also a brick fireplace on the wall. Beside the fireplace was a stereo system set up and ready to go. “Well what do you think of the place Maverick?” the mayor asked me.

“It’s very nice except for the green walls; don’t get me wrong I like the color just not on the wall, but that should be easy enough to change that.” I responded

“Oh yeah you can change that with a coat of paint.” Mayor Mare replied back.

We then made our way to the kitchen and dining room, the wood floor continued, the cabinets were dark wood while the counter tops were a light wood, and the dining set was the same color as the cabinets. We continued on to bedrooms, the first was a smaller room with all four walls being the light brown and a small closet and a double bed. Next we found the bathroom which was pretty basic same light brown walls dark tiles and a shower, toilet and a sink. The last room there was the master bedroom three walls were light brown with the forth being green, with a king sized bed a night stand and clock on it. The Mayor asked me what I thought of the place, after thinking for a moment I told her “It’s awesome! I love it.”

“Great well I will let you get set up. Bye-bye Maverick.”

“Bye Mayor Mare and thanks again for letting me rent here.” I replied.

“You’re welcome Maverick.” She said before walking out of the house.

I waved goodbye to her as she left, I decided to go over and look at the stereo system and underneath there is a cabinet. I opened it and found records there were about thirty of them, twenty four were records I never heard of but the other six were a combination of 80’s rock and modern country, the albums were by David Lee Roth, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban. I was extremely happy with these having music that I listened to since I was about five. I decided to listen to couple albums and before I knew it, it had gotten late and I decided it was time to go to bed. So I set my alarm and crawled into bed. Lying in bed I began to think of the day and how I got to meet Princess Celestia, get invited to a party in Canterlot and how I got my own place, this is unreal