• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 3,175 Views, 47 Comments

A Strange But Familiar Place - KP9457



After one great night Kyle's life changed forever when he came to a new world.

  • ...
9
 47
 3,175

Chapter Three

Chapter Three A Fire For New Friends

A few days have passed since I arrived at the hospital; since Nurse Redheart and I returned from the library all that I have been up to is reading the Supernatural books. Today was so far just like every other, Nurse Redheart walked by making sure I was all right, and then brought me some food and after I was done she would take the tray away. But on this day when she came by to take the supper tray, she told me that I had a guest waiting. I was confused wondering who would be here to see me, it’s not like I know a lot of pony’s here Ponyville. So I told Nurse Redheart to let them in. Nurse Redheart left the room and let Rainbow Dash in. “Hey Maverick, how are you holding up?” Asked smiling as she walked in.
I was excited to see her again “I’m doing great, feeling fine. Don’t even know why I’m in here anymore.” I replied smiling back at her.

“That’s good, I’m glad to hear it. I was just wondering if you would be able to bust out of here for the night?” Rainbow asked.

“I don’t know you will have to ask Nurse Redheart if I can leave.” I replied.

“Well let me just go find her and ask her then.” Rainbow Dash said before walking out of the room.

After a few minutes Rainbow Dash along with Nurse Redheart returned to my room. Rainbow Dash looked at me and started smiling, Nurse Redheart broke the silence by saying “You can go with Rainbow Dash if you’d like. I don’t see any reason for you to stay. You’re doing great so I see no reason why you couldn’t leave.”

I shot up out of bed “Really! But what am I going to do with Twilight's books?” I asked with worry in my voice.

“Oh no problem I’ll take them back for you in the morning, but go and enjoy yourself and have fun.” Nurse Redheart said grinning at me.

Nurse Redheart, Rainbow Dash and I began to walk down the hall towards the entrance and exit. When we reached the doors I looked at Nurse Redheart and said “Thank you for everything.”

“It was my pleasure. Just don’t be a stranger, alright.” The Nurse replied

“I won’t.” I replied. Then we shook hooves, and Rainbow Dash and I walked out the door.

After few minutes of walking I turned to Rainbow and asked her “Where are we going?”

“Well I thought since you only know a few ponies here in Ponyville, I would take you to Sweet Apple Acres where some of my friends and I were going to have a fire and just hang out.” Rainbow replied with a smile on her face.

Whoa Sweet Apple Acres, OMG! “That sounds Awesome!” I said with a large smile on my face.

We continued on our way toward Sweet Apple Acres, after a few minutes I began to see these large apple trees popping out of the horizon. The closer we got the bigger the trees got, beautiful trees with tons of foliage and numerous red apples hanging on each tree. The closer we got the more we saw of Sweet Apple Acres, first the barn rose up from the horizon then house and finally we had reached the arch way into Sweet Apple Acres. “Hurry up Maverick, everypony is waiting for us! They are all excited to meet you!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

I stopped and stared at Rainbow Dash in shock, “What do you mean they are all excited to meet me?” I asked begging to feel more nervous.

“Well… I told them that I met you just outside Ponyville, and then took you to the hospital. And after I told them about you they all wanted to meet you, and Twilight wanted to see you again, so we decided to invite to this fire.” Rainbow replied chuckling at the end.

“Alright then we best not keep them waiting then!” I said with smile on my face nodding back at Rainbow Dash.

As we got closer to where they were having the fire, we began to hear voices and laughter getting loader. With the glow of the fire getting brighter and brighter with each step we took. Until suddenly this pink blur just began jumping around, knocking Rainbow Dash down in the process. “OHMYGOSH, youmustbethenewponyRainbowDashandTwilightSparkleweretalkingabout! It’s so cool to finally meet you my name is PINKIE PIE AND I LOVE TO PARRRRRRRRTTTTTYYYYY!!!!!! Do you like cupcakes? I love cupcakes they are just SOOOOOOO YUMMY! What’s your favorite color? Mines Pink but I also like yellow and orange and purple” Pinkie was saying while she began to ramble on.

“PINKIE PIE!” I shouted to get her attention, “It’s nice to meet. And yes I do like cupcakes, my favorite color is Blue, but I also really like this color called White Diamond, it just” I began saying until I was cut off.

“Did you say White Diamond? I just love that color it’s just so marvelous. And you must let me know who did your mane it just magnificent.” This pony said with a white body and long purple mane.

“Oh my name is Rarity.” She added

“It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. And I wish I could tell you who did my mane but the truth is I have no idea, but thank you for the compliment.” I replied trying to sound as regal as possible.

“Why your quite welcome, and it’s nice to meet a stallion that has such great manners.” Rarity replied smiling at me.

Before I could reply, I heard a voice from behind me say “Well howdy partner. You must be that Maverick fellow Rainbow Dash and Twilight told us about?”

When I turned around I was shocked at what I saw, I knew talking like that it had to be Applejack, but when a saw her with my own two eyes I was stunned by her beauty. As a I human I never even thought about Applejack like that but now that I’m a pony well I guess I couldn’t help it. “Hey, and that would be me.” I said smiling back at her.

“It’s nice to finally meet you I’m Applejack. So tell me Maverick what is that you enjoy doing?” She asked.

“Hmm, well I enjoy sports, relaxing with friends, making some money. I also enjoy taking walks through the park and listing to the wildlife and” I stopped suddenly when I began to hear a very light and quite voice begin to speak up.

“U-u-um ex-excuse me, but did I hear you correctly when you said you liked walking through parks listening to the wildlife?” Said this scared and timid pale-ish yellow colored pony with a light pink mane.

“Yes I did.” Saying that in a quite lighter tone not to scare her.

“Oh well we should go for a walk then and I could show all of my bird friends and the squirrels and all of my other woodland friends. My name is Fluttershy by the way.” She said smiling back at me

“That sounds fantastic Fluttershy, and it’s very nice to meet you. Shall we all go sit by the fire everypony?” I said smiling ear to ear.

Everypony nodded and we headed towards the fire. After a few minutes Twilight asked me “Maverick, how long are you planning on staying in Ponyville?”

“Well if I can find a job and a place to stay then…probably for a while then.” I replied smiling back.

“Hmm, hey Rarity aren’t you still looking for an extra pair of hooves around the boutique?” Twilight asked.

“Why yes I am. Oh I see what you are getting at, and the job would be organizing materials, doing some deliveries and picking up new materials and also cleaning up the boutique. The job is yours if you want it Maverick?” Rarity said looking at me.

“That would be great, now all I need is place to stay.” I replied

“You could stay at the Ponyville hotel silly!” Pinkie said giggling

“Alright I’ll go check in tonight then.” I replied

“No you ain’t, I recken tonight you will be stayin’ at Sweet Apple Acres.” Applejack said smiling at me.

“Why thank you Applejack it would be my pleasure.” I replied grinning back at her.

After a short time of sitting by the fire, small talk and laughter going around all of us, there came a moment of silence and I just couldn’t help myself from singing Just Like Paradise by David Lee Roth. After a few seconds all of the ponies began singing it along with me. After we got through the course, I looked at them and I knew this was going to be awesome, and then we continued signing. When we finished singing Pinkie spoke up and said “OH MY GOSH! We need to throw you a welcome to Ponyville PARRRRTTTTYY! How about tomorrow!?”

“Pinkie I thinks it’s best if we wait a few weeks for me to get settled in.” I replied

“And on that note I say we call it a night y’all” Applejack said.

And with that we all began to leave the fire pit and everypony else besides Applejack and I left. Then Applejack and I headed into the house where she directed me towards the couch, as she went and grabbed a blanket for me. “Here you go Mave. Have a goodnight.” Applejack said softly being sure not to wake anypony up.

“Thank You so much Applejack for letting me stay the night, and goodnight.” I replied back just as softly.

“No problem sugar cube, now you just get some rest and I’ll see you in the morning.” She replied as she was heading up the stairs.

Lying there I began to think of my Grannies farm and all the times we stayed out there, and for some reason this place had the same homey feeling about it. Then I began to think how lucky I was for meeting the mane six and now I get to live in Ponyville with them this really is just like living in paradise.