• Published 27th Jul 2022
  • 504 Views, 29 Comments

The Dangers of Personal Growth - Silent Whisper



The Solar Corporation would like to remind all employees that the incident involving Fiddlesticks and Lightning Dust was an isolated one, and would like to direct all further inquiries to their Incident Help Desk for an appropriately timely response.

  • ...
3
 29
 504

AMIS Private Files 5

Cycle 47 - Summer, Day 4, Personal Daily Notes:

I have determined that this level of internal positive reinforcement is equivalent to how ponies must feel on their birthdays! The crops have grown healthier than ever! Fiddlesticks has reported buds on the snap peas. We’ve never counted so many! Not so soon, and not from such vibrant plants! The greenhouse is overflowing with life! I’ve adjusted my calculations to account for such growth, and am watering accordingly.

Fiddlesticks is working with a renewed sense of urgency today. Multiple times an hour, she’d rush back to her office to check her messages. The listlessness and lethargy of yesterday has vanished, and instead she has been absorbed in her work, taking measurements and jotting down notes on the perfectly healthy specimens we will be growing. While she didn’t speak to me much, aside from asking about system measurements, I have noted her increased productivity in her daily mood report. Summer is truly the best season!

This is what she called “happy,” I believe. The plants are thriving, Fiddlesticks is doing well, and we are operating at an unprecedented level of efficiency! I overheard her remind herself that Lightning Dust is coming tomorrow for her scheduled delivery. She will be even happier tomorrow! I anticipate another highly satisfactory report!

According to my estimates, the plants will be due for another fertilization very soon. At the rate they are growing, I would estimate another dose could be added as soon as tonight. Fiddlesticks shut herself in her office before I finished my computations, but I did monitor the ratio she added to each plant, and I do run the subprocesses for the maintenance bots. She is very eager to see Lighting Dust, and companionship is good for her. It is within my parameters to maintain the greenhouse, and… I want her to be happy, and to remain happy.

Summer is a time for ponies to relax. I am fully able to assist with this duty, if it keeps her happy for longer.