• Published 27th Jul 2022
  • 501 Views, 29 Comments

The Dangers of Personal Growth - Silent Whisper



The Solar Corporation would like to remind all employees that the incident involving Fiddlesticks and Lightning Dust was an isolated one, and would like to direct all further inquiries to their Incident Help Desk for an appropriately timely response.

  • ...
3
 29
 501

Employee Email Records 6

Cycle 47 - Summer, Day 6
02:17 Greenhouse Orbital Habitat Local Time
From: Courier Lightning Dust
To: Supervisor Fiddlesticks

I know I said it before, but I’m sorry. I joke around a lot, but it’s my instinctive response to hide the fact that I’m scared too. I promise I take your worries seriously. Are you doing okay?


Cycle 47 - Summer, Day 6
02:21 Greenhouse Orbital Habitat Local Time
From: Supervisor Fiddlesticks
To: Courier Lightning Dust

Did you know that plants make a sound when they grow? It’s like ice crackling. I can hear them growing, Lightning. Growing in the dark.


Cycle 47 - Summer, Day 6
02:58 Greenhouse Orbital Habitat Local Time
From: Courier Lightning Dust
To: Supervisor Fiddlesticks

Alright. We’ve got two options. Either we wait on corporate’s instructions, which may take a while, and you can stay in my ship until it’s safe and we deal with the consequences afterwards which will be total crap, or we can… leave. I’ve got enough savings where we’ll be okay, and I know you have a bit set aside too. We’ll pay off the ship later, or we can… temporarily downgrade and use the difference to set up somewhere else. Our wedding’s just gonna have to be a smaller one than planned, but hey.

Look. It’s been two days since you first messaged them at their high-importance big awful emergency email and they haven’t responded at all. Not even a “You’re Number Five Celestillion In Queue, Thanks For Your Patience”. Nopony I asked had any idea that anything bad is going on over here, and I don’t think we can wait. Scratch that, I’m not comfortable with waiting, and I sure as hell am not gonna leave you here with the nightmare plants. I’m okay with either of these options and I’ll stand by your side no matter what, okay?


Cycle 47 - Summer, Day 6
03:24 Greenhouse Orbital Habitat Local Time
From: Supervisor Fiddlesticks
To: Solar Corporation Corporate Headquarters, Employee Retention Team

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for your concern in the previous matter. As of today, the 6th of Summer in cycle 47, I am resigning from my position as Supervisor of the Greenhouse Orbital Station in the Sparkle System, effective immediately. I understand that not providing the customary and strongly recommended two-week notice will look poorly on my record if I ever choose to re-apply, but I regret to inform you that there are more pressing and immediate concerns in my life.

I would also like to alert you to the fact that the greenhouse is full beyond its recommended capacity with overgrown crops that will be dryer than normal. In addition, the air is rather saturated with pollen, due to all of the plants flowering at once. I would recommend that Solar Corporation not use the Kirin-brand fertilizer in its greenhouses in the future to avoid this sort of situation repeating itself in the future.

Please note the photographs, attached, with the timestamps in the upper right corner. I have also documented the lack of immediate response, despite company policy, and the physical condition I am leaving the greenhouse in, for legal and scientific purposes, through no fault of my own.

I mentioned the air quality and the dry plants, along with the photographs, to warn you, as is my due diligence as a concerned citizen, that the greenhouse is now a fire hazard. A spark could set it ablaze, and I do not have the authority (nor did I ever have the authority) to turn off all electronic systems, as the AMIS system was built to monitor employees, and being able to turn it off would be counterintuitive to its primary and secondary objectives.

Regards,
Fiddlesticks

[47 images attached! View files? Mark as spam?]