• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 2,263 Views, 66 Comments

A Warrior's Calling - Valiant_Daybreak



A wounded pony collapses in front of Fluttershy's cottage, but what truly ails him?

  • ...
2
 66
 2,263

Prologue - Wounded Warrior

Prologue – Wounded Warrior

The rain came down in sheets as the thunder crashed above, drowning out all other sounds as the lightning flashed. Through the storm a solitary figure trudged, his hooves making soft splashes as they clopped through the murky puddles.

Wearily, he lifted his head, dimly making out a light in the distance. A new surge of determination flashed across his face, slightly hidden in the shadow of the hood he wore over his head.

If I could just make it there, he thought, perhaps someone would have enough compassion on me to let me rest for the night.

He had been traveling for days through the torrent, constantly moving lest the chilling rain rob him of his last fleeting ounces of strength. Shakily, he lifted his legs one after another, pressing ever onward towards the solitary light. As he reached the door he paused, a brief thought stilling his desire to knock.

What if whoever lives here rejects me like the others? His exhaustion quickly dismissed the question. I have to try.

As he raised his hoof again, his strength finally left him, and he crumpled to the ground out of sheer exhaustion, letting out a small cry of pain. I guess this is the end.

As his vision began to darken, the door swung open; how the inhabitant of the house heard his cry he did not know. Light flooded his vision, giving him a brief glimpse of two pairs of butterscotch colored legs before the world faded to blackness...