• ...
7
 9
 272

1. Messing With Creation

Author's Note:

This story is a reset of the prequel meaning it's only semi-canon, so uh yeah new timeline I guess, also this takes place in Season 5

other info for those who care: this is an AU, Tirek is on the way but a little later, some things will be scrambled, some things will be added, some removed, ya know.

Light burst throughout Twilight's castle, She had done it, She had created a living being, at least, She hopes she did at least. Standing back up, Twilight Sparkle waited for the smoke to settle until she heard a familiar voice.

"Twilight! Where are you? What happened?", A Concerned Applejack shouted out, "All of Ponyville saw a bright light coming from your castle Twi."

Twilight stepped out of her lab, ready to reveal what she had been doing, "I'm ok girls, but there's something I want to show you all.", Twilight said, leading her friends and number one assistant, Spike, down into her lab. "You see, I had a vision while I was asleep a few nights ago, and I saw something amazing!", Twilight continued, "A hero who would protect Equestria for years to come, one who would fight along side us."

Pinkie Pie hopped up to the tube containing the odd being, "Hmm well if there's anything I can do to help just let me-", Pinkie Pie was then cut off by the sound of the pressure meter on the containment tube going up rapidly and glass cracking. Twilight rushed over, draining the fluid from the tube, she turns to the button on the wall, slowly stepping towards it. Twilight looked to her friends, they nodded and she took a deep breath and pressed the button. Twilight and her friends watched as the containment tube opened, looking in awe at the creature walking forward.


I awoke in a strange underground lab of sorts, I walked forward, stumbling a bit, I had no idea of what was going on other than seven beings looking at me, I stared back, confused.


Twilight stared at the creature she had created, it was bipedal, a little taller than spike but definitely eye level with her. She snapped out of her trance and picked up the small creature with her magic, it squirmed a little but calmed down after a bit. Twilight then sat in front of it and scanned it using her magic once more, getting all the important data on it.

Applejack stepped forward, looking towards Twilight, "So what is it?", Applejack stared at the creature, light blue hair not to different from Rainbow Dash's coat, with Pink highlights, an in between of Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie's manes. Applejack then noticed it's eyes, one was a blood red while the other was a simple shade of blue.

Twilight turned to her friend, "Well, He's a hybrid, you see I realized that I didn't wanna just create a pony, I wanted to make something completely new! so I did some research on old folklore from here and the human world and found demi-humans, which are humans with animal features!", Twilight said in excitement. "Isn't this amazing? though it seems he's young, based on his height and other data, I'd say he's around 15, so we'll have to all help out on this, understood?"

Twilight watched happily as all of her friends nodded and gave a collective, "Yeah!". She realized that he would have to be taught how to fight, she was sure Applejack and Rainbow Dash could help with that, as for any magic, She and Rarity could work on that, as for any other skills, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie would handle that.


A few years had gone by, I was 19 now and was learning to fight now, before I was learning stuff about life and magic, I didn't question anything around me much, but during a training session with Rainbow Dash and Applejack, Rainbow Dash tried to push me to get angry as her motto was, "Anger can be the best tool".

"I'm not sure about this Dash.", I said looking off at what I considered my moms house, Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship.

Rainbow Dash thought and got an idea, "Honestly Minxy, you need to think about the bigger picture, what if me and the others aren't able to fight, or even just gone."

I looked away wincing a bit as I think on her words, It was true, I was considered a sort of last line, all because of a vision my mother had before I was created.

"Applejack, back me up here!", Rainbow Dash says, looking to Applejack for help.

"Well, Dash is right, we all need to work together but even I have my limits.", Applejack says sternly.

I look at them, "Alright, I'll try.", I close my eyes thinking about what I'd do if my friends were to somehow give up or even die. I growl and I feel my power rising but it fades after some time.

"Jeez, that was a big spike in power, don't worry you'll be able to tap into that power for real next time!", Rainbow Dash said flying up to Minxy and patting him on the head, chuckling as she heard a soft purr from him.

"Well I'm gonna head off to Sugar Cube Corner, I'm getting hungry!", I said, running then jumping up and flying towards Sugar Cube Corner. As I walk in I see Pinkie Pie serving a customer. "Hey there Pinkie!", I say walking towards the counter, "how's it going today?", I ask leaning against the counter.

"Oh! Minxy! It's going great!", Pinkie Pie said cheerfully, bouncing around the counter and grabbing the hybrid and rushing him to the kitchen. "So what do you have today? Cupcake? Muffin? ooh! maybe some Ice Cream?!"

I sat there a little bewildered at how fast she got me to the kitchen, "Oh yeah uh, just a chocolate muffin, thanks Pinkie!", I say as she hands a bag with my muffin inside, I walk out of the kitchen and begin walking towards the castle. I enter the castle and sit at a table and begin eating my muffin.

"Ah there you are Minxy, how are you feeling today? I heard your training session with Rainbow Dash and Applejack went well.", Twilight said, walking towards her sort of adopted son, sitting next to him.

"Yeah it's going good, Rainbow Dash and Applejack think my anger is one of the keys to accessing more of my power.", I say, taking a bite out of my Muffin.

"That's good, we may be able to expand on that, Luna says she'll be able to help you control your anger and train you more now that she has more time on her hands.", Twilight brought up a scroll while saying this.

"Really now? alright when should I head over there?", I ask, a little nervous to be training under Princess Luna.

"You should catch the train tomorrow, either way, get some rest ok?", Twilight says, heading to her room.

I stand up, finishing my muffin and going to my room, tomorrow would be very interesting.