• Published 28th Jun 2022
  • 3,730 Views, 233 Comments

Star Wars: The Droid Chronicles - Stalin with Da Spoon



Shortly after General Kalani and his droid soldiers escaped from Agamar, the super tactical droid made the decision to try and re-build the separatist alliance, activating a large dormant droid army, and setting course for an unknown world...

  • ...
7
 233
 3,730

17. The Big Leagues

[Canterlot Castle Meeting Hall, 6:35 AM. 2 BBY, Galactic Sector D-6]

The meeting, at least so far, had been rather uneventful, at least for the droids. The many leaders and monarchs were busy discussing matters relating to their nations like trade agreements, non-aggression pacts, the usual stuff. Only once in a while did 5264 have to speak up, and even then all he did was just guarantee that the Confederacy wouldn't, in the words of the others in the meeting hall, reduce their nations to atoms. While it was technically not possible to do that, unless you sustained an intense planetary bombardment for several years using a large scale fleet, 5264 still figured it was best to just agree they wouldn't do so.

The occasional glance towards the droids did not fail to catch 5264's attention, the mood in the room being one of high tensity, with the droids feeling as though they did not belong here. And of course, when you have a small squad of droids in a room with a bunch of bipedal talking mythological creatures, feeling like you aren't meant to be there is a common feeling. But the droids decided to simply ignore this feeling, and continue to listen to the meeting while doing their own thing.

7262 was busy adjusting the holo-projecter was fully functional while polishing it's data discs, 3956 was ensuring the safeties on the blasters were set properly, and 2197 was making sure that none of the thermal detonators were accidentally primed. 5264 himself was reading a holo pad with a script written down by the Colonel, as he rehearsed the lines inside his processor or quietly whispering them to himself. He sometimes looked up to exchange glances with the other leaders, before looking back down to his pad.

For his first ever time working as an envoy, and his third time attending a diplomatic meeting, it was going pretty well so far. Of course, he would never say it out loud or else the Force would sense him jinxing it and send a tidal wave of bad luck his way. He kept reminding himself of the most important part of negotiating that were taught to him by the Colonel. Just stay calm and collected, and don't screw things up. Should be simple enough... Right?

Well, enough worrying, it was time for 5264 to get his game face on. Well, he didn't have a game face, because he had no real facial features, but still. He knew that they were reaching the climax of the meeting, and knew the final subject would no doubt involve the CIS. He thought back to what General Kalani had told him.

'Answer any and all questions as truthfully as possible without leaking classified information. Then, display the capabilities of our technology and call in your vulture escorts for a bit of an... Air show.'

A simple plan, one so simple not even he could screw it up, and he wouldn't. He looked to his other squadmates as they looked back to him and nodded confidently. Turning to the other delegates, he noticed they were about finished with the more boring topics, as 5264 stretched out his hand and 7262 passed him the first disc for the holo-projecter, as he went ahead and slotted it in, calibrating it properly to ensure it would activate and display it's data accurately when needed. Any kind of screw-up here would not look good for them.

"Now then, we shall move on to the primary subject of this summit, related to the most recent concerning not only Equestria, but all of our world. I am of course referring, to the arrival of the Blade of Serenity, flagship of the Confederacy of Independent Systems." Princess Luna said as she turned and nodded to 5264, as all the other delegates turned to him before he stood up and made a salute before speaking.

"Greetings representatives and delegates, I am Major OOM-5264, current elected envoy for the CIS. By the request of General Kalani, who cannot be here at this time due to his busy schedule, I am here to answer any and all questions you may have, and provide additional insight and knowledge about the Confederacy and it's history." He gazed around the room, noticing that Emperor Grover had risen his hand, as 5264 turned to him and pointed to him. "You there, emperor, you have a question?"

"Indeed I do. We have only heard a small amount of your history from miss Luna here, and would like to have further information on where you originate from."

"Well then, your just in luck, cause this nifty device here can help with that." He says gesturing to the projector. "This is a holo-projector, capable of displaying data discs and the contents stored on them, including but not limited to, slideshows!" He said before pressing a button on the projector and...

Nothing happened. He pressed the button once more, yet nothing happened. "Uhhh... Technical difficulties." He said nervously before turning and spamming the button rapidly until the projector finally turned on, displaying the banner of the CIS. "Alright, ahem... The Confederacy was formed in the year 7953 according to the Coruscant calendar, composed of many worlds which broke away from the Galactic Republic, as well as several corporate unions and federations." He said before moving to the next slide, displaying the face of Count Dooku, his signature look of superiority on his face unnerving everyone else in the room.

"This is Count Dooku, the Confederacy's founder. While he was a sith lord being puppeted by Darth Sidious, he really did want to root out corruption, and just got a bit... Lost, along the way. However, with both him and the corporations gone, now we droids have taken up the mantle of running it." 5264 said as the projector changed to an image of several B1 droids saluting in front of AATs with their guns aimed upward.

"We have vowed to fight the enemies of the Confederacy no matter what, we shall fight them on the beaches, in the hills and the mountains! And we have done so ever since the clone wars, and we could've won if weren't for the shutdown order issued by Sidious. Of course, we hold nothing against the clones, in fact General Kalani, our leader, actually fought alongside a small group of clones and their friends against the Empire!" He said as the slide changed once more, showing battle droids and clone troopers fighting imperial stormtroopers and a menacing AT-AT in the distance. The next slide was showing clone troopers and battle droids shaking hands in front of the now destroyed AT-AT, before the final slide showed General Kalani standing proudly in front of a large force of a variety of droids and vehicles, the banner of the CIS flying above him on a flag pole.

"And so we continue our glorious purpose of fighting the corrupt power of the Republic, which is now the Empire, in the eternal war for freedom and solidarity. Although technically there is no war, but when we are prepared to liberate our old worlds, we shall fight with pride knowing we stand for what's right! So yeah, that is our whole generals shtick and history, though if needed I can elaborate on more complicated details." He turned to 7262, nodding to him as the droid activated his communicator.

"Squadron Avalon, commence demonstration." A distant and distinct metallic screeching was heard tearing through the sky as several sharp and angular shapes flew past the windows of the meeting hall, as the leaders looked out the window to see the squadron of Vulture fighters performing advanced maneuvers and tricks in the air, before activating the fog emission canisters strapped to their underside as they then traced the symbol of the CIS in the sky. 5264 then looked back to a dumbstruck room of leaders as they continued to look at the squadron as it flew back up into the clouds.

"Any other questions?" A series of claps sounded out for his dramatic presentation before hands were raised.


The halls outside of the meeting room were silent, with only two guards standing in front of the grand doors acting as security. They were almost totally still, save for the occasional fidgeting one of them did. As they held their spears in their hands and stood guard, a lone servant pony walked by in their fancy uniform, turning and nodding to the guards as they nodded back, before staring into the mares eyes. The servant's eyes were a bright and vibrant green, a small smirk appearing on their face with fangs showing themselves. The guards barely had time to react before they felt their minds become overwritten and controlled, suddenly and completely ceasing movement.

"Glory to Queen Chrysalis."

Author's Note:

Next chapter is when things get spicy. Sorry if this one is a bit short, burnout slapped back.