• Published 20th May 2022
  • 785 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Dream Becomes Reality - Tilltheafterlife



A random guy who loves MLP finds himself physically in a dream with the things he appreciates. A dream demon comes out of nowhere and decides to inflict suffering and destruction. In response to the demon's actions, Samuel is forced to play the hero.

  • ...
3
 14
 785

Chapter 8: To Destroy a Throne

"Who am I? What am I?" Sam questioned himself. Sitting on top of the hill, he stared off in the distance with silence. Grey clouds covered the sky, preventing any sunlight from reaching Sam's eyes. The sight of the clouds made Sam smile. Even if the environment represented sadness, he felt satisfied. "Another cloudy day huh? My favorite," the boy laid down as he continued to question his identity.

He didn't know what to trust anymore, nor did he know what to define as, real. Sam opened his hands wide open. He took a good look at them and blinked. Hooves of the same color could be seen being held in front. He blinked again, and again, and again.

Each time he blinked his hands would transform into hooves and return back to their original state after another blink. "What am I? A human, pony, monster, or a worthless piece of trash who doesn't fit into any category?" Sam started to sob while talking to himself. "I'm nothing! I have done nothing wrong or bad, but never have I ever done any good in the world! So, tell me world! WHAT AM I!? WHY DO I EXIST!?" Sam punched the ground thinking it would fix his problem.

Suddenly, something tapped him softly from behind. Sam's heart stopped as he was unable to make a move. He couldn't move his neck, arms, and legs, he felt nothing but fear taking him. The only part of him moving was his eyes. The world around him spun, evolving so fast that Sam had no comprehension of himself, nor his surroundings.

The chaos slowly came to a stop and his senses started to return. There he was, at his school, (prison) about to enter before noticing nobody walking down the entrance halls of the building. Turning to his left, something was wrong. Normally only a few houses sat peacefully and hundreds of cars sitting on the road would pile up.

This time, however, was different. Everything felt normal from where he stood, but from his far left nothing felt correct. All houses were broken down and burned, and every vehicle abandoned. It was dark, too dark. Sam felt another hoof tap him softly from behind. He turned to his right to be surprised by what he saw.

From his far right, an alicorn with red mane, his height, smiled at him with joy. Sam looked at the gorgeous sight in awe. Birds were singing and the flowers were blooming. Even a rainbow the size of an elephant from Sam's perspective formed in the sky. "You've met with a terrible fate haven't you," the alicorn said in a cheerful tone.

Sam didn't give it, or rather her, a friendly face even if she wore a nice smile like Celestia's. "Who are you? What is this place?"

The alicorn's smile didn't leave her face but Sam could tell his question had upset her a little, "you don't remember me? How sad, but...you were never good at names."

The alicorn laughed and flew into the bright light of the sky. The light shined brighter and brighter until it surpassed the brightness of the sun. Sam ducked down to protect his eyeballs. Taking a breath, he felt something enter his lungs other than air. It felt like water had entered his lungs about to clog them. Not knowing what he was breathing in other than air he coughed it out hard only for the world around him to disappear.

He felt dizzy, and warm, as if a slime monster was there hugging him in the darkness. Gasping for more air he once again inhaled the same liquid that had entered his lungs. Sam's vision returned slightly allowing him to see movement crawling and climbing onto the walls near his unknown location. Surprisingly, the stuff he took in was breathable.

Once his brain regained control of his entire body, he stretched his arms out wide. At the end of his hands, he could feel something solidly soft and squishy keeping him in.

'What is this? Green Jell-O from Walmart?' Sam squeezed and pulled while kicking with all his effort to break free from whatever kept him in. With the sound of a balloon pop, the cocoon exploded, releasing green jelly along with Sam splashing onto the castle floor. The changelings surrounding the area felt a tinge of concern, seeing how the creature escaped from its sleep. "Ah gaw- *cough* that was a terrible yet comforting experience," Sam said, forcibly coughing out more green jelly out of his lungs.

"Impossible! How?! No pony or creature has the ability to escape the confinement of our cocoons!" Pharynx, now scared, was disappointed in himself.

Sam's eyes landed on a changeling, then another, and another. He stood stiff in front of the bug crowd until one after another, they hissed violently. "Ummm. I'm out!" Sam ran out of the large room and into the ruined, mixed-up hallways. He didn't know where to go, only somewhere away from them. "C'mon, c'mon, can't stop running!" Sam hid behind a knight statue to recover his lungs. He watched the changelings fly and crawl right past him while trying not to make a sound. When he felt the way was clear he left his hiding place, "and I ran away again. Dang, I really am a coward."

"Psst! Over here," Discord said, taping the window separating him from his very first friend.

"Huh? Discord? How'd you get here? More importantly, how did I get here?"

"How about you let me in and save your stupid questions for later."

Sam almost asked another question about him being able to teleport inside until remembering the magic draining throne in the castle. Without questioning Discord, Sam unlocked the window from his side and pushed it open. "There. Now where are the others?"

"I don't know, you tell me. You were with them when I left," Discord said, flying inside through the window.

"Well don't blame me. It isn't my fault they're gone. Sometimes I have trouble waking up when I'm asleep. I can only assume the four of them are trapped in those cocoons I slept in," Sam rubbed his face with his hands. "Why does my life have to be so challenging?"

"And there goes another question that no pony will ever answer. Honestly do you ever go through at least one day without asking a single question!" Discord pulled Sam's arm with great force and tossed him into a hidden armory, "gear up. You told me I owe you one so I... decided I should make it up for you," Discord felt a bit embarrassed even if no pony was around to laugh at their new friendship.

Sam gazed at each shiny and sharp blade as he searched for a fitting weapon. Even putting a finger under his chin while trying to decide, "you knew these ponies had a secret armory with deadly weapons other than trash spears this whole time?"

"I have been stuck in the castle grounds for thousands of years, so yes. This armory is more of an emergency room, just in case of the existence of an actual threat that could result in pony extinction. The majority of these weapons were stolen from other races like griffons. Ponies are not the type to hurt or kill if you know what I mean."

Sam nodded, "true. But because of my crazy head and my enjoyment in fan animations and fan fictions of this show. That would explain why Shining Armor decided to pull out a sword to kill me. There was never blood and death in this show. Looks like the dark part of my mind had also entered my dream."

"Fan anamotions?" Discord mispronounced.

"Ah forget it! Like you said, there's no time to sit down and ask questions," Sam bent down and carefully removed a large, spiked ball and chain from its place. Sam grinned at the size of the ball and chain, "this will do."

Discord took a crossbow for himself and loaded a quiver with 20 arrows on his back. "Also, after we're done with the insect queen, what are we going to do with Sombra? In case you weren't sure of yourself he is back."

Sam gave him a look. Not mad, but, disappointing. Anger was an emotion Sam threw away a few years ago because he never did believe anger would solve anything, and heck, sometimes there's a consequence in showing off that emotion. "Sombra. If you knew he was back, why didn't you take care of him yourself?"

"Because where's the fun in that? I want to see a WAR. No. A crystal WAR," Discord reasoned terribly.

After that very sentence Sam was done talking. "Let's just free Cadance and the CMCs and destroy the throne so you can do whatever it is you do Discord."

"Agreed. We should split up. I will save Cadance and my new little students while you destroy the stupid throne keeping my magic away. With the throne out of the way I will rule Canterlot in chaos from bottom to top, and then all of Equestria!"

"Destroy the throne. Got it," Sam carried the ball and chain with both hands and jogged down the royal hall at a certain speed to avoid hurting himself with the heavy spiked ball.

Discord took the direction leading towards the cocoon chamber Sam escaped from. Even without his chaos magic, loads of confidence filled him, "good luck my new friend."

'Good luck?' Sam thought to himself while jogging. 'That's something I need at all times. And when I say I need it, I mean, I NEED it! When was the last time I ever had any good luck? Five years? A decade? Who knows?'

*Five more minutes of jogging*

'Dang man, how big is this castle? Feels like I've been jogging around here for a whole month.

*Ten more minutes of jogging*

Just where is this throne room!? And actually, now that I think about it. Where are these changelings? I'm a big target out in the open. How in the world have I not gotten a single encounter with- annnnnd I thought too soon.' Sam stopped himself and nearly allowed the ball and chain to overpower his weight.

Several changelings blocked his way. The one with purple eyes, Pharynx, was in front of the small army. Sam was getting irritated by the sight of Pharynx. "You again. Is this the third or fourth time we met or?"

Pharynx responded with a loud hiss. It was pretty clear Pharynx wasn't in the mood for talking and the same went for the others behind. However, one changeling bemused Sam. It's face, unlike the others, looked remorseful. It didn't even look as if it wanted to play along with the others. Wait...could it be???

"You guys are blocking my way, if you so kindly move out of the way there won't be any trouble," Sam politely said. As he expected, they didn't listen to a word he said. He sighed. "So be it then."


Twilight entered the Golden Oak Library and opened a hidden room of the tree with her magic. "Spike could you put the Coke potion in a safe spot in there," Twilight sighed. "It's been a rough night."

"Sure thing," Spike jumped down from the unicorns back and held the potion in his hands. It was quite heavy for the little dragon, but he wasn't about to let the one who took care of him since he was born down. Spike slowly but steadily carried the Coke potion into the dark room and placed the potion in a secure area.

Twilight used her magic to close the room after Spike finished, "*yawn* you know. Normally I would always come up with an idea on something to do every time the sun rises. This time however, I only feel like sleeping. And don't call me lazy!"

Spike yawned and stretched his arms. "Wow, who knew yawns were contagious. I can't believe we'll be sleeping during the day. The last thing we need is to become night owls."

"Oh, Spike don't worry. We'll just get a few hours of rest to be sure we can carry on. I will even set up an alarm spell that will wake us up when the time is right."

"Are you okay Twilight?" Spike asked worriedly.

Twilight faced Spike with a confused smile, "what do you mean?"

"I mean, why are so... happy and positive right now? Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie have disappeared, not to mention your brother's death. Shouldn't you be sad or worried?"

"Huh? Who is Pinkie Bow and Flutter Dash? I mean I know that miserable creature killed my brother, but I'd like to avoid that subject. I still have you Spike," Twilight pulled Spike into a cuddle and smooshed her face a little too close to Spike's.

Spike pushed her away. "Twilight! They're your friends! Stop acting like you were never with them! You were with them when we fought Discord."

"No, I'm pretty sure it was just you and me Spike. Now get some rest and stop making up stories."

Both were about to sleep until a guard busted through the door. "Twilight! Princess Celestia's top student!" the guard panted. "You are needed at once! It's an emergency!"

"Now what?" Spike grumbled.

Twilight sighed, "here I thought I could finally catch a break after a long night. Alright, come along Spike."

The two followed the guard without a word. Everything felt different and off without her friends by her side. Every time a big problem in Equestria formed Twilight would solve it with her friends. Whatever task or test Celestia had in mind, needed to be fair and easy, otherwise things wouldn't go well since it was only her and Spike. And it certainly didn't help the fact that she had barely any energy and magic to do simple actions like levitating simple objects.

The time she assisted Luna against the dream demon, Nightmare, and the time she and her friends fought against the mighty chaos duo (Discord and Sam) took away so much of her power.

"Are we there yet?" Spike covered his chest while shivering impatiently, "is no pony going to talk about how cold it is out here?!" A small, cold, and white little particle landed on Spike's nose. The purple dragon sneezed out a flame of green fire after inhaling it. More white particles rained down to the three. "Snow? What's going on? It's not even winter!"

"That's odd. The pegasi were never tasked to create snow clouds, not until 5 months," Twilight watched as the snowstorm covered the sun. The temperature decreased drastically once the last bit of sunlight was covered.

The three shivered and their teeth were chattering at the sudden cold air of snow. The snowstorm's intensity increased making it difficult to see. The guard pushed through the freezing fog while Twilight and Spike followed him slowly, covering their heads.

It was a freezing pain for the three of them, their fur wasn't enough to protect against the blizzard, the guard was lucky to at least have his suit of armor covering him. A crowd of ponies gathered around the Princesses. More and more ponies left their own cozy homes after the cold winds ruined the warmth they felt inside.

The guard directed Twilight and Spike to Celestia and Luna after they passed by the large open crowd.

"I am truly sorry for you all. But if you refuse to fight in the war, Equestria will fall onto Sombra's dark hooves," Celestia began.

"Once Equestria is in his possession each and every one of you will live in eternal cold, darkness, and imprisonment. The same will go for us, so for the sake of Celestia, please fight with us!" Luna begged. "It is unlikely the two of us have the power to fend off the King once again."

Celestia nodded, "the time has come. I have done all I can to prepare you for this battle. It is up to you now if you want Equestia to remain in harmony. Now. To all who volunteer, raise your hoof high into the air."

Everypony raised their hooves and screamed and cheered to one another, especially towards the princesses. Celestia and Luna smiled, grateful of their loyal and brave subjects.

"Um, Twilight, look!" Spike tapped Twilight's leg causing her to face Spike's direction. Twilight's eyes widened at the distance Sombra, and his army were from Ponyville. Hundreds of crystal ponies marched at Sombra's command.

Celestia and Luna and then every pony else immediately panicked and prepared themselves for a fight. Several minutes passed and Sombra felt ready enough to end Celestia's and Luna's control of Equestria, but the king wasn't prepared for the amount of time and effort his enemies used to prepare themselves.

The ponies geared up and aligned themselves in certain positions near the town, waiting for Sombra's attack. Sombra laughed seeing Celestia's and Luna's eyes filled with hope.

"Be my slaves, or it will be your graves!" Sombra grinned, transforming into his shadow form. He flew towards the princesses ignoring all physical blows and magical attacks being thrown. The princesses screamed a tiny bit and covered their front side with their wings.

Sombra almost had his way before something struck him in the chest, causing him to return to his normal state. His chest plate now melted; he covered the burnt area with his hoof. Sombra glared at what struck him. An alicorn, flew down steadily by the other two princesses.

Sombra, now surprised of a third alicorn existing, he ordered his troops to fight with him. He thought this could've been done all by himself. The king imagined taking Equestria all to himself without the help of Nightmare and his minions, and his very own crystal slaves.

The third alicorn princess charged her magic, intriguing Sombra. Surprised and curious as he was about the third alicorn, he was even more surprised by the cutie mark. "Do my eyes deceive me? A third immortal, how funny. I would like to ask how you were able to obtain the cutie mark residing on your back."

Cadance huffed, "it's none of your business! Let the crystal ponies go! None of them deserve to be your slaves!"

"Watch your mouth young pony. For you are clueless to who you talk to now. If you join me I will give you a special position after I conquer this land. You can even be my future wife, I would make a great husband for you my dear," Sombra persuaded.

Cadance's words came out angrily, "future husband. I don't think so," Cadance used her hoof and drew a thick line in the snow. "Rule the crystal empire if you want but leave us be. If you dare cross this line, we will have no choice but to put you into submission!"

Sombra breathed out with disappointment, "what a shame, you would have been perfect for me. I wonder what my, partner, is up to."


Two lines of changelings filled the throne room with a red carpet separating them both. Queen Chrysalis sat on her hard rock throne full of holes while feeling pleased with herself. Her changeling subjects and how she raised them made her feel even more pleasure for herself. She closed her eyes and relaxed her mind, ignoring all distractions.

The queen snapped back to reality after hearing heavy footsteps stomping across the hall leading to the throne room, becoming louder and louder each second. One of her best soldiers, Pharynx, already warned her and even blocked off the doors to the throne. Chrysalis felt no fear as she knew no matter what she did, the snap, is inevitable.

The changeling guards left their positions to protect the queen. Chrysalis waved a hoof at them to stop. "I'll be fine, worry about yourselves for now."

Pharynx was in disbelief. "My Queen! This creature is strong! I don't think you can handle him all by yourself!"

Chrysalis leaned back on her throne and giggled softly, "do as what your mother commands my dear. This will only take a few minutes." Sounds of screams from her children filled the entire castle. With each heavy stomp and with each heavy bang outside the throne room, the changeling guards fled from their queen. "Even if it gets ugly," Chrysalis finished.

Two voices flowed past the door, barely reaching Chrysalis's ears. For Chrysalis, the voices were the same volume as a whisper.

"So, you say she's still here." the first voice said. Sounds of grinding chains were made after the first voice finished.

The second voice sounded worried and more emotional than the first."Yes, but please don't hurt her. She is my mother. Even if she never was a good mother to me, I still love her, okay."

The first voice hesitated. "Alright then... I guess you won't be helping me at this point," another set of chains clanked, along with the sound of something with high weight being dragged and scrapped across the hard marble floor. "I'll try my best for you, Thorax."

The doors to the throne room busted opened to the amount of pressure from the large, spiked ball. Sam tugged the spiked ball back to him with force. Containing the ball in his hands he prepared for the queen's move.

Chrysalis used her magic to inspect the amount power Sam gained so far.

*Time: ❄︎☟︎☜︎ 💧︎❄︎✌︎☼︎❄︎;____Killed: N/A;____Power Gained: -4870632340965 PP*
*Time: 84 hours ago;____Killed: 5 Timberwolves;____Power Gained: 100 PP*
*Time: 60 hours ago;____Killed: Shining Armor;____ Power Gained: 450 PP*
*Time: 2 minutes ago;____Killed: 57 Changelings____Power Gained: 570 PP*

*Total Power: 1120 PP*

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show off their fighting skills. I'm impressed," Chrysalis left her throne and took a few steps towards her monster, waiting for his next move. "Well? Go on. Don't just stand there, show me how strong you can be, Sam."

Sam moved the left side of lips and readied his ball and chain. His shirt, pants, and face were covered in blue blood. He wiped it off without taking his eyes off the queen. "I'd rather talk this out than fight this out Chryssi."

"I know," Chrysalis licked her fangs, giving Sam an uncomfortable feeling inside. "I know that you're only saying that to make this go faster. I will not allow that. You have two eyes, one sees this world as a game, while the other sees this world as real. You have the head of a psychopath, and the heart of the purest."

Sam checked his surroundings to be sure not to be attacked by surprise while they talked. When he was sure Chrysalis wasn't stalling him, he locked eyes with her. "What are talking about?" Sam's empty tone made Chrysalis reassured of her statements.

"Tell me. Do you ever struggle to stop yourself from doing anything bad? Do you ever feel good for helping someone and at the same time regret not listening to the dark part of your head? You felt pain and happiness at the same time to the point where you couldn't understand yourself, and in time, your emotions started to fade."

Sam showed off a slight shocking expression. "W-what... are you serious? How? What you just said explains exactly how I felt my whole life. How did you know?"

Chrysalis smiled at Sam's expression. This is the first time she saw him expressing a single bit of emotion. When she first met him, the only face she saw was a white empty void.

"We changelings feed on love, but in order to do that we must know when the individual is feeling love in order to suck their heart out dry. While you slept, I looked into your mind to see your fears, hopes, important memories, and the things you loved. You felt so much emotion in the past but as you aged...well, I shouldn't talk about it since I know I will hit a nerve that will spark... unwanted emotion."

There was one feeling that Sam lacked, and it was love. "...So... you do know what I went through. I am a little pissed at you for entering my mind to see something personal about me without my permission, but I'll get over it someday."

Chrysalis buzzed her wings and screeched. "And that day is today. Today you unleash all of your anger. Fight me!"

Sam shook his head feeling quite hesitant. He felt strong with his new weapon and even stronger after fighting off those disgusting large bugs while Thorax guided him to the throne room.

Even if his intellect outmatched many, he still had this urge for action and stupidity. There was no better option. Chrysalis and her throne weren't going down without a fight. Adrenaline pumped in his veins urging him to start a fight without question.

"You know what. Now that I think about it, this whole world is both a dream and a game realistically. Maybe Nightmare doesn't even exist. Maybe my alarm clock will at some point ring and wake me up. So, might as well have some fun."

Sam shook his head a second time with a little laughter to go with it. "I hate to admit it, but maybe Discord was being a good friend by giving me advice. Reasoning is too long and BORING even if it is the safer and faster solution."

Chrysalis was done waiting. Her patience was far from perfect and never had she been this patient to start a fight. The queen filled herself with air and released a dreadful scream of terror and pain to Sam's ears. He felt deaf and distracted as he tried to recover.

Chrysalis slammed Sam into the castle wall followed by a hoof to the face. His ball and chain fell out of his hands after the heavy attack. He wasn't about to let Chrysalis go on. He made a tightened fist and punched Chrysalis square in the chest. The queen groaned unexpectedly and covered her chest with a hoof.

When he saw an opening, he went for his ball and chain. Sam carefully lifted the ball with his left hand containing the gauntlet, as the gauntlet protected him from the spikes and made carrying the thing much easier.

Using his arm muscles, he spun the heavy ball in the air. Chrysalis felt the wind spin along with the ball. Her confidence level dropped to zero after noticing she had only created a drop of blood on Sam's face. His regeneration abilities may have left him, but his physical strength outmatched hers.

Chrysalis had no other option but to use magic. The damage she would receive from one hit would be devastating.

Once Sam felt ready, he swung the ball and chain in Chrysalis's direction, allowing it to fly free from his grasp.

A green barrier formed in front of Chrysalis right as the metal ball came into contact with it. The barrier busted into shards and the metal ball bounced into a different direction. Due to the amount of force applied to the barrier, Chrysalis found herself face flat onto the castle floor.

Thankfully, nothing vital was damaged to the queen. As Chrysalis struggled to pick herself up Sam swung his ball and chain again only this time instead of aiming for the queen, he aimed at something else.


Cadance and Shining held hooves with one another. Gazing into each other's eyes, it felt as if their pupils became the shape of hearts. "I'm never letting go, Shining."

Shining Armor blushed, "me neither babe. What do you think our babies will look like?"

Cadance blushed even more than before, "Shining! Don't you think it's a little too early for that?! I'm not ready to be a mother! Let's avoid that topic for now, okay?"

The stallion laughed at his wife. "Well, anything for you."

Cadance smiled.

"Wake up..." a voice whispered from above.

Cadance could've sworn she heard some pony when she looked up. "Hey Shining, did you hear a voice come from somewhere dear?" Cadance's gaze returned to nothing. Shining Armor dissipated without a trace, and without a sound.

"I said wake up!" the voice said louder.

"Who are you? Where is Shining?"

"Oh, for goodness sake!"

Cadance felt something tug her by the neck. She felt both sides of her neck being squeezed tightly. Something soft and fluffy squeezed her by the left side of her neck while something hard and sharp squeezed her right.

"Let me go!" Cadance screamed in a high-pitched voice. The next thing she knew was her body being shook back in forth. She felt like passing out, and her eyelids became heavier. Who could be doing this?

Whoever was doing this had no visibility in Cadance's eyes. Her eyelids dropped against her control, and she reopened her eyes to see Discord breathing heavily onto her mane. His breath smelled like a fiery pit of chaos without any fair treatment. "Is it just me or is every pony a heavy sleeper!"

The unwanted surprise of Discord created hundreds of questions in the alicorn's head. Discord, of course, would be disgusted if forced to answer such questions. "Discord?! What happened? Where are we? Did I miss anything? Where is Sam?" Cadance's mouth was shut tight by a talon bopping her by the muzzle.

"That's it! I've had it with questions!" With a snap of his fingers Cadance's lips were replaced by a zipper. Discord pulled the zipper to the left and patted an angry Cadance on the head. Cadance tried to say something insulting to the chaotic immortal but couldn't make out a single word. Even trying to pull the zipper in the opposite direction with her hoof, but only succeeded in moving it a tad bit until it wouldn't budge.

"Yea complain all you want. It'd be nice to have a thank you for the rescue but that's finnnne. I mean, who would ever treat me, Discord, fairly, hmm?" Discord smirked at the princess until she made the decision to stay quiet. "That's better," Discord removed the zipper giving Cadance the freedom to speak.

"Okay Discord, you win." Cadance said in defeat. "What do you want?"

"Yes, yes, the old fashion line from the good to the bad. The bad always has to have a WANT, and never a need from the good. Isn't that how those stories are written? Anyway, let me explain everything, and what I say better be enough to answer your questions, otherwise you'll have a zipper on your mouth for the next five decades."

Cadance nodded nervously in response. The princess sat and listened to the draconequus with every little detail. He explained what he was up to and what his intentions were. Even telling Cadance about his plan to recreate Equestia into a land of chaos for all of time. There was however, one question Cadance was tempted to ask after hearing the part about Sam.

Why are the two of them together? She knew Discord wanted Equestria all to himself, but what are Sam's intentions? The first time she met the two together, she sensed a strong bond between the two. As if they were meant to be with one another. Discord is keeping something.

Discord made a funny look at Cadance's stress, "there's nothing to worry about. Sam destroyed the throne and I have my magic. What could possibly go wrong?"

Cadance lowered her eyebrows, "you say that and then something will go wrong. What about Sam? Aren't both of you close?"

"Close? Well... yea... I mean we're close, close, yea that's what I meant! Oh! Look it's none of your business! Me and him have a secret to keep and I'm not telling you anything else. Don't forget about the zipper!"

"Fine." Cadance felt a wet sensation on the top of her muzzle. Looking up, multiple cocoons filled with sleeping ponies hung on the large celling. Cadance noticed a snot of green goo stuck to the back of her hooves and on her mane and tail. Was she stuck in those things too? If Discord managed to free her, then why hasn't he freed the others yet?

"Don't worry about them. Once I check on Sam and his stupid head, I can assure you they'll be out before you know it. And by the way. Shouldn't you be heading back with the other princesses. I heard King Sombra is back."

Hearing that name made Cadance felt like hearing a nightmare, "WHAT!? KING SOMBRA!?"

Discord flinched, surprised at the sudden outburst from the princess of love. "Yes. Does he concern you? I could stop him now. But of course, I don't have the will power to do so. The ponies will handle him just fine."

"I need to help them!" Cadance opened a window and flew out as fast as the wind could carry her.

Discord shrugged it off and appeared in the throne room where he found Sam, beaten and chained up by a swarm of changelings. Large chunks of the throne cluttered the floor, and in the middle of the mess sat the ball and chain. "Discord! A little help here! You have your magic back don't ya!" Sam's body flopped to the red carpet as the changelings continued to pound him with their hooves and magic from behind.

"Alright, alright, break it up," Discord held up both his paw and claw, allowing his magic to surround them in a golden aura. Using his telekinetic magic, the changelings floated in mid-air and were forcefully pulled and gently smashed into a wall. Wherever the draconequus's hand moved is what direction the gravity would switch to. "If you bugs love changing forms, then I know changing gravity will certainly please you."

Sam picked himself up causing hard pain on his back. Now that Discord was back in action, he could sustain Sam. Chrysalis used her magic to break free from the telekinesis. Sam ran forth to the queen, his legs sore as can be, he tackled Chrysalis.

Figuring there was no escape, Chrysalis surrendered. "Go on, call me stupid. I should've known I had no way of controlling you. If I made my move to go after you myself none of this would have happened! Instead, I allowed you to take the lives of my very children, just to see what you were capable of."

Sam shook his head, "you're missing the point here Chrissy. I'm not in this world to be a part of anything. My only role is to save this world no matter the cost."

Chrysalis only needed to ask one question, "why?"

"Because I- well- it's because- I just have to. You have no idea how precious this world is to me. I don't care what you, Discord, Sombra, Starlight Glimmer, Tirek, or whoever else that poses a threat to the ponies do. The only real threat I see in this world is Nightmare, and I plan to destroy him. This world will live on!"

The throne room became dark and cold. Windows keeping the random blizzard out, shattered. Snow began flying in, having Sam cover the top of his eyes with his arm.

Sam stared outside confused. "What? How is there a sudden snowstorm on top of us this fast? I'm no weather forecaster but I'm pretty sure it was like 95 degrees out there several hours ago."

"Sam. Where are you??? I know you're here. I can SMELL you. If you give yourself up, I will make sure your death will quick. The sooner the better," Nightmare said in a disorderly fashion.

Sam was left with no words except, "speak of the devil."