• Published 20th May 2022
  • 782 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Dream Becomes Reality - Tilltheafterlife



A random guy who loves MLP finds himself physically in a dream with the things he appreciates. A dream demon comes out of nowhere and decides to inflict suffering and destruction. In response to the demon's actions, Samuel is forced to play the hero.

  • ...
3
 14
 782

Chapter 7: The First Killer out of Four

"Surrender now and come with us or we will be forced to take you all down," Pharynx threatened. The changelings hissed and closed in on the trio.

Cadance hid herself behind Sam as he stood there with bravery. "Now listen. How about we calm down and-" Sam was immediately cut off after Discord teleported them back to the cave where the Tree of Harmony once stood. "Come on Discord, we could've at least tried to reason with them."

"Reasoning is too long and BORING. Plus, they didn't seem like the type who would listen to you. Those bugs are nothing but savages who are thirsty for blood and love." Discord explained.

"I just don't want to be a coward anymore. I'm tired of running away from my problems."

"Well, you certainly can't run away from your problems now when you struggle to simply walk." Discord took a hold of Cadance's neck and pulled her gently towards himself. "Your an alicorn princess aren't you? Surely you must know some kind of healing spell to cure the pain my close friend has."

"I- uh." Cadance tried to resist the sad look on Discord's face. She didn't want to trust or do whatever the lord of chaos wanted. Sam was still a stranger to her even if he did save her from her imprisonment. Even so, she felt something strange resonating in Sam. It felt as if infinite power was surrounding the boy, half of it was bad while the other half was good. Was this all a trick? "Are you sure this isn't some prank? You look to be in pain. However, why do I feel a powerful aura surrounding you. It feels like the power belongs to you. But it's failing to return to its owner."

Sam got back on his feet while using his hand to cover his chest. This time he took a few steps without falling down. "I don't know what you're talking about. If you think I can take care of myself, you're wrong. I'm only some kid who has no life. I'm a young brony who simply observes the entirety of Equestria through a screen for satisfaction. If I don't know how to survive in the real world. How am I supposed to survive in a world that rejects me?!"

"Brony? What's a brony?" Discord questioned. "It sounds like the word pony."

"It's a combination of the words man(bro) and pony," answered Sam.

"So, a brony is just another way of saying centaur? Half man and half horse."

Sam couldn't tell if Discord was being serious about this or if he was just acting dumb to annoy Sam. "No. Tirek is not a brony."

"Who or what is a Tirek?"

Sam slapped his forehead. "If you would let me finish, your questions would be answered a lot faster!"

"Well, excuuusssssse me grumpiness." Discord crossed his arms, closed his eyes, and faced the cavern walls in disapproval.

"For the love of Nayru! You're not Link and I'm not Zelda!"

As the two kept on, Cadance silently trotted out of the cave. The princess looked behind to see if she was safe. Once she made it to the exit, she stumbled on something soft as a pillow. Cadance looked down to see three small fillies bouncing up and down in excitement.

"Oh, hello there," Cadance smiled awkwardly.

The CMCs smiled back with pure joy. "The princess of love is here!" they all shouted loud enough for Sam and Discord to hear. "It's an honor to meet you!"

Discord turned to the direction of the sound, his eyes once again met Sam's "Did you hear that?"

"Yea." Sam's calmness came to an end after he realized some pony was missing. "Ah crap! Where is she?!"

Discord took in consideration to stop Cadance with his magic right away as he saw her a few inches away from the exit.

"You three shouldn't be here. You three need to get back home right away," whispered Cadance. The princess gently pushed the little fillies away and exited the cave quietly. Stepping on the grass Cadance felt the density of the ground. It was soft. Softer than the fillies themselves, meaning, she could gallop to her escape without the fear of creating any noise.

Wait. Something was off. The grass and flowers were normal for the most part. And the staircase was, melting. Melting?! Cadance rushed to the stairs and climbed only five steps up before she slipped and fell back to the start. The staircase had now turned into a fun and slippery slide with no way of returning up.

"This is ridiculous!" Cadance whispered to herself. She opened her wings in an attempt to escape by flying. The princess flapped her wings and raised herself into the air.

"Oh no, no, no. I can't allow that," Discord laughed from the ground below Cadance. The princess was hit by a large object in mid-air and landed onto Discord's arms. A rubber ducky one hundred times larger had fell from the sky. "Today's weather forecast is rainy with a few ducks," said Discord as more rubber ducks the same size poured from the clouds.

"Discord, stop it," Sam commanded. With each step he took, he felt pain in his legs. He kept on going until he had reached Discord. "You're going to grab attention over here, similar to what the Tree of Harmony had did, when it shot it's rainbow power to delay Nightmare's true form. If you continue to make it rain ducks our exposure will continue to grow. I've already had enough attention for one day. I don't need any more right now."

"Finnnne. But were keeping the leftover ducks."

Sam rolled his eyes.

"Please. Let me go," Cadance begged.

"What's wrong? You were calm around us at first. What's with the sudden fear?" Sam asked.

"I don't know. You saved me, but. You're... you're a killer. And also, friends with a chaotic being. I don't know if I can trust you both."

"Trust?" Sam chuckled. "I don't think you can trust any pony at this point. We're probably the only ones you CAN trust."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm saying that if don't put your trust in us you might find yourself screwed. The changelings are searching for us right now and they would disguise themselves as any pony to get the information they need. There's also this demon hunting me down. And once I am killed this whole world would cease to exist. So, I suggest you use a spell of some sort to be sure I am in top shape please."

Sweetie Belle backed up Sam. "He's right, princess. This guy isn't some kind of monster. He saved our flanks from being eaten. And he did the same for you. You should be thankful."

The three little fillies gave Cadance extremely cute puppy eyes which caused the alicorn's heart to explode. Discord was staring off into space daydreaming about chaos and stuff, while Sam kept his depressed and non emotional look as he always had been. "Alright fine," Cadance responded. "You've convinced me enough."

The three jumped up high and yelled. "YAY!"

Sam pulled out a finger and held it in between the middle of his mouth. "Shhhhh! Quiet all of you! I don't need y'all to blow our hiding spot away."

"Sorry," said the CMCs.

"Anyway," Sam pointed at Cadance's horn. "About that healing spell of yours. Can you fix my condition?"

"I'll see," Cadance leaped out of Discords arms, positioned her horn to Sam's heart, and released her magic into his heart. Sam felt a burning sensation in his chest. The sensation spread throughout the rest of his body. Cadance breathed rapidly after she finished the spell. "Oh pony feathers. That was so tiring. Please tell me it worked."

Sam stretched his arms and legs to the point where his bones popped. "Ah man, that's much better. Thank you. I never had someone- I mean, some pony to care for me," a tear fell from Sam's eye. "Heh, heh," more tears dripped down as he smiled wide. "Tears of joy?" Sam wiped them off his checks. "I never knew I could make any of those. This feeling," Sam moved closer to Cadance and gave her a soft hug. "This feeling, is something I haven't felt in a long time."

Cadance blushed. "Um, you're welcome. Could you-"

"KISS!" the three fillies interrupted.

"W-What?!" Cadance's heart rate shot up from 60bpm to 300bpm.

Discord butted in. "Ohhhh, this is getting very, romantic," Discord held out his hand wide open. A small and fancy black box appeared on his hand. Inside of it was a ring with one diamond held together. "This is for you, Sam, to give to your future wife."

Sam shook his head. "No. None of this has anything to do with romance. I just had the feeling of joy, which is something I never usually feel. Plus, we just met. This isn't love at first sight."

"You're no fun," Discord huffed.

"Lets not get off topic here Discord. This has been fun and all, but I have a demon to hunt down. If we continue to be clowns, we're going to be nothing other than sitting ducks."

"Okay, so what's the plan genius?"

"Hmmmm. Let's see," Sam's mind tried to process as many possibilities of what could happen. A small amount of fear hit Sam after he realized there was a possibility of the return of King Sombra. He knew his dream had started somewhere at the end of season 2. So how long would it take for Sombra to return if the events of season 3 were right around the corner. "How about all five of you head to Ponyville while I go back to Canterlot and deal with whatever punishment Chrysalis has in store for me. Nightmare feeds on negativity, so I need the five of you to keep their spirits up. And yes, that goes for you too Discord."

"Use my chaos magic for good? HA! That's something I can TOTALLY do without a problem," Discord said sarcastically.

Sam lowered his eyebrows. "Just try okay. I can't do this on my own. If you really care for this world then do the right thing by getting off your lazy chaotic butt and help me. Also, where's that gauntlet you found at the castle of the two sisters. Before the Tree of Harmony died, it said something about the six elements of infinity or whatever those things are called. It claims those magical artifacts play an important role in defeating Nightmare. As stupid as it sounds, I believe it. This is my dream after all. Being Thanos has been one of my dreams or fantasies."

"Who's Thanos?" the CMCs asked.

Sam was getting frustrated on how much explaining he needed to do. "You know what. Lets have a camp out. Those tents Discord created aren't there for nothing. We can tell spooky stories and all that stuff to get rid of our stress about the end of the world. We can start the plan tomorrow in the morning. If I get lucky I may even be able to convince Chrysalis to delay any attack she plans."

"A camp out? That sounds fun," Discord created a campfire with marshmallows burning on a stick. "Let's have some fun!"

"Yea, this will be fun, as long as you don't ruin it in any way with your chaotic nature," Sam found a set of logs and sat down in comfort. The logs were quite smooth. No. Too smooth. It was like some man decided to sand it for 4 hours straight. The memories of cutting and sanding wood in school came back and boy, were they good memories. The three fillies each sat on an individual log. Cadance sat right next to Sam, blushing even more than before. "Alright, so where do I start? It's not really a scary story. It's about a villain who wanted to end half of the universe due to overpopulation."

The CMCs sat down and listened to Sam with interest as he tried to summarize the story as best as he could. He even told them about his personal life and how he landed into Equestria. Discord flew around roasting marshmallows, ignoring the story entirely. Cadance laid down on Sam's shoulder and slept peacefully. Sam gazed at the princess. "She is so pretty...,"

Discord dropped his marshmallows in the fire and turned his attention to both of them. "Hu, hu, hu. The two of you are so cute together. Let me get the camera."

"Shut up, Dipcord," Sam snarled. "Sorry, I had to do it. Rainbow Dash is so cool."

"Dipcord? Where did that come from?" asked Discord while he scratched the side of his head.

"Never mind. You wouldn't understand because it hasn't happened yet. Also knock the thing between me and Cadance off. That mare is like, twice my age!"

Apple Bloom let out a yawn. "Hey, mister. Maybe we should call it a day. I'm all tuckered out."

"Yep, I ain't got nothing else to talk about. I'm normally a restless sleeper. Though this adventure has been killing me in a good way. And-" Sam heard the sounds of snores once he spotted the fillies laying down on the ground fast asleep. Even if the spot they slept on was rough as rock, they slept without a problem. "Heh, didn't know my stories would turn out to be some kind of bedtime story."

Sam grabbed the little fillies and moved them into the tents. He did the same with Cadance only this time he had almost lost his balance after realizing how much the princess weighed. "Whew," Sam wiped the sweat off his forehead. "I've lifted weights before but never have I ever lifted a full grown mare," Sam stood up straight trying to have a good posture even if his backbone felt like it was cut in two. "So, Discord, would you mind doing me a favor?"

Discord shrugged. "Depends on how long and boring the task is."

"Okay. I need you to go over to the Frozen North real quick, and see if you see anything out of the ordinary there. If there is please don't keep it a secret."

"Sounds easy enough. I'll be there in a snap. Literally," and just in a snap of a finger, Discord, had left.

"You better not do anything stupid Discord, *yawn.* I'm so tired," Sam spotted a vacant blue tent and decided to use it for tonight. Taking a few steps forward he stepped on something hard as steel. Looking down, the golden gauntlet Discord and the CMCs have found, sat there untouched. "Oh yea, I forgot about this thing. Better put it on before any pony else does."


Twilight and Spike avoided as many dangerous encounters as they could throughout the Everfree Forest. Ponyville was just up ahead, all Twilight had to do now was cross the long river. The fight against Discord and Sam had drained Twilight's powers. Being unable to teleport to the other side she took a hoof step into the water. It was cold, cold as ice. Twilight hissed in freezing pain with each step taken across the river. Spike sat on her back enjoying the ride. Twilight felt relieved after she had crossed the river. It was quite shallow, so no harm was done to the rest of her body, only her hooves.

"Huh. Odd. The water is never usually this cold. The same thing goes for the wind blowing on my face. Why is it so cold all of a sudden?" Twilight felt Spike shiver on her back to which she had to question. "Spike? What's the matter? You rode on my back without even taking a step in. How are you cold?"

"I'm not shivering because I'm freezing. I'm shivering because I'm scared," Spike corrected.

"Scared? Scared of what?" Twilight's heart rate shot up at the sight of a pair of yellow eyes in the shadows behind them. Three more pairs of eyes appeared within the shadows. Twilight knew this was not the best time to rest. After hearing a growl, Twilight galloped swiftly towards Ponyville, praying to Celestia she would make it back. She could hear the splashes of water made by the timber-wolves behind her. "Some pony, please help me!" Twilight's vision blackened, she can't keep going on like this. She needed to rest.

Twilight's front hoof hit a long and sturdy branch and fell face flattened into the dirt. Picking herself up she was brought face to face with a timber wolf. Its face was filled with hatred and one of its legs appeared to be chewed off. Twilight closed her eyes and cried. The timber wolf's anger was replaced with regret.

"Twilight Sparkle, the future princess of friendship," the timber wolf said letting out a soft growl. "You shall be spared," the timber wolf howled, ordering the rest of the pack to retreat deep into the forest.

Twilight got back up on all four hooves in surprise. "You're letting me go?"

"Nothing is what it seems, Twilight. Do not think of your enemy as an enemy, but rather, a future ally. Do not seek vengeance on the one you seek to kill, for it will only backfire," the timber wolf disappeared into the shadows without a trace.

"Wow, a timber wolf that talks. I have never heard of such a thing," Spike said. "Anyway, we should head back to Ponyville."

"Spike! Are you going to shake all that off!? We would have been wolf food if it wasn't for that nice timber wolf!" Twilight took heavy breaths.

"I'm sorry Twilight. It's just that, I wanna go home okay. The sun is about to rise anyway."

"I know Spike. But, there are so many strange beings appearing in Equestria. And what makes things even more strange is a talking timber wolf! We can't just ignore it," Twilight levitated Spike onto her back and trotted in the direction to Ponyville. "I'm going to inform Princess Celestia about the return of Discord and the disappearance of my friends."

The trip back to Ponyville turned out to be longer than expected for the two. Thankfully they made it back safely, however, something was off about the village. Large walls surrounding Ponyville were being constructed, and each and every household had doors and windows barricaded by wooden planks.

As the two kept on exploring, Spike patted Twilight on the neck for her attention. "Hey, Twilight."

"What is it now Spike?" Twilight asked in exhaustion.

Spike pointed to the Town Hall, "check it out."

Twilight eyes widened at the large crowd in front of the town hall. Having no idea what the commotion was about, she decided to get a closer look. From what she could see from afar was what seemed to be a training ground with guards training inexperienced ponies to fight.

Large hay bales sat separately around the open field, which were used as test dummies. Each individual pony was given a spear or a sword and was ordered to strike the hay bales in an orderly fashion. The guards shook their heads in disappointment after the majority had failed.

"They're hopeless and weak," a guard commented.

He took it all back after a beefy white stallion dropped the spear and smashed the hay bale into tiny little pieces of hay with little to no effort. The same happened to the rest that stood in the stallion's way. The guards couldn't say another word.

"YEA!" the stallion yelled. The rest of the ponies cheered the stallion on for his strength while the guards tried to hide their jealousy.

"Ladies and Gentlecolts, your attention please!" a tan pony stood in front of the Town Hall, about to give a speech. "You have all done well and the princesses are very proud. Princess Celestia has something to say to you all," Mayor Mare stepped aside allowing the princess to have the mic.

Princess Celestia spoke with a confident and cheery tone. Even if it was bad news, she didn't wipe the smile off her face. The ponies on the other hoof gasped and panicked after hearing the return of a dark unicorn.

"First the changelings, then a demon haunting our dreams, and now we have to fight a shadow king that came back from the dead a thousand years ago! Are you insane!?" a pony exclaimed. Celestia's smile disappeared but she didn't let her anger overcome her. She sighed and continued to explain and reason everything out. Once Ponyville was as calm and quiet as a mouse, Celestia ordered every pony to depart. After a few minutes the town hall was empty except for one lavender unicorn, gazing at the princess.

Seeing the pony she held dear in her hooves, Celestia's smile returned. "Twilight, my faithful student, I see you have returned safely. Do you have anything to say to me? Where are your friends? I don't see them anywhere," Celestia paused upon the drops of tears falling from Twilight's eyes. "What's wrong Twilight?"

Twilight hesitated to speak. "I failed you, princess. I failed, I failed, I failed!" Twilight said in frustration.

Celestia's smile once again left her, but she didn't frown. The amount of despair, hate, regret, and sorrow in Twilight's heart had reminded Celestia of some pony closest to her. Celestia walked up close, lowered herself down to Twilight's level of height, and gave her a soft hug, similar to what she had done to her sister, Luna. "Tell me everything."


"Lyra this is ridiculous!" Sweetie Drops groaned. "The search for this non-existing human has gotten my hooves in a broken state. Can we please go back home so I can get some sleep!?"

"Now hold on! I think the princess and her student are talking about something very important," Lyra whispered, peeking behind the Town Hall to spy on the two. For the most part, the conversation between the two failed to provide Lyra with the information she needed. All it was was Celestia comforting her number one student for her missing friends and the loss of her big brother, Shining Armor. Lyra was about to leave the scene until she heard Twilight mention something about a two-legged creature within the forest. Lyra was now all ears.

"So, you say Discord, the lord of chaos, has once again escaped from his stone prison, and now works with the strange creature who stole the elements back in Canterlot. Is that correct?" Celestia said with a serious tone.

"Yes princess, they were definitely working together," Twilight confirmed.

"What about the elements and your friends?"

"I told you, they're gone."

"Gone? How so?"

Twilight looked at her cutie mark and returned her eyes to the princess, "Magic I guess. I don't know how exactly."

Celestia didn't respond right away. Taking a moment of thought she shook her head, "I have lived on this land for more than a thousand years, and never have me and my sister dealt with such a disaster. I fear my sister is right, Equestria is doomed for destruction. The potion your pink friend has given me to study, Coke, I believe is the name of it."

Twilight froze. She had forgotten it was in Celestia's possession. Or had forgotten all about the whole thing because of her thirst for revenge. "O-oh th-that, it's nothing really," Twilight said nervously.

"No need to fear Twilight, it is something, but rather, something good. One who drinks it will be given knowledge of the past and...the future," Celestia's horn sparked, and in a flash of golden light, the coke bottle appeared, levitating around the princess in a golden aura. "It's strange. I've seen a few potions that would reveal the past, but never have I seen one that reveals the future."

Twilight raised an eyebrow, "the future?"

"Yes, from what I have seen the future will not be a bright one. All my eyes could see was Equestria covered in darkness. I could even hear the screams of my subjects screaming in eternal suffering, and there is no doubt in my mind that that demonic entity had something to do with it. I hate to admit the truth, but I fear the return of Sombra and Discord is only the beginning of the end of Equestria."

Twilight was about to lose it, "the end of Equestria!?"

Celestia held out a hoof in front of Twilight, "I understand your concern, though I have plans for Equestria's survival," Celestia giggled. "And I believe you are one of the ponies that will help me do just that. And I have one last question for you, Twilight. Where did you happen to find this potion?"

"It was given to me by my number one assistant, Spike. He said it was laying on the ground near one of the apple stands. I don't think any pony knows where it had come from-" Twilight stopped. As she was talking to the princess she felt as if they were being watched. Her eyes left the princess, and she took a good look at the Town Hall to spot anything out of the ordinary.

"Is something the matter?" Celestia asked curiously.

"Nothing," Twilight sighed. "I swear some pony was eavesdropping on us, but...maybe it was just my imagination."

Lyra took in deep breaths hiding behind the Town Hall, "boy, almost got caught up in a big mess. Glad you pulled me away before I got carried away by curiosity."

Sweetie Drops rolled her eyes, "yea sure. I'm going home now, and I'd think it'd best for you to do the same."

"Wait! They aren't done yet! Please stay!" Lyra begged.

"No, Lyra. I'm tired and I need my rest. I'm sorry to say this but you're on your own," Sweetie Drops took off without another word.

"Hmph! Fine! Who needs her anyway. I can handle this all by myself," Lyra for some reason had a bad feeling of not following her friend's advice but being filled with determination to find answers she continued to spy on the two mares. As the two finished Twilight bowed and they both went their separate ways.

"C'mon! I need more info!" Lyra felt her eye lids lowering without her control. She shook it off and followed Twilight from behind.


"Before we start our invasion I want to be sure I scare the living heck out of that young man before I end him," Nightmare closed his eyes and looked into Sam's memories. Half of his memories were depressing while the other half made Nightmare laugh. Sombra walked back and forth tapping his hooves on the crystal floor to get Nightmare's attention. "Ah hah! I got it. He may not fear death, but he fears the pain that comes before it. I will make sure he suffers. And what better way to make one suffer, than turning one of their favorite things into a nightmare!"

"Can you get on with it already?" Sombra asked. It had only been a few hours and Sombra already felt like abandoning Nightmare. The demon was just too pushy and demanding, plus, Sombra might even have the power to take on Equestria on his own. Sombra waited impatiently until Nightmare had finished his spell. A fog of darkness erupted from the ground covering Sombra's view. Sombra waved his hoof repeatedly to clear the fog, once it was clear he saw something indescribable.

In front of Sombra and beside Nightmare stood a skeleton. It wore a dark blue jacket, black shorts, and a simple pair of blue shoes. A strange glowing red circle stuck to its chest, and it held a knife on its right hand. Black and gooey liquid ran down its eyes as it smiled to no end at Sombra. The skeleton raised his knife, speeded across the crystal floor, and missed his attack on the king. King Sombra thankfully reacted in time to change into his shadow form before the skeleton could slash his chest.

"Woah there, calm yourself, Killer. You wouldn't want to hurt my helper now, would you?"

"heh, why not boss? looks pretty weak to me. could even be free EXP."

Sombra glared at the skeleton, "free EXP?"

"Sombra, I'd like you to meet our new recruit, Killer Sans. He will provide us with support along the way. Oh, and I believe in Killer's world EXP stands for Execution Points. A way of measuring someone's opacity to hurt," Nightmare answered. "In other words he sees you as a free kill."

"How dare you!" Sombra gritted his teeth and readied his magic.

Killer Sans stood still with no sign of fear, "jeez, this guy is the one who needs to chill out, boss. why did you hire some kind of...ugly unicorn or whatever he is to assist us?"

"Do not underestimate his abilities, Killer. I can assure you both will play a role so try to get along," Nightmare may have not known exactly what King Sombra was capable of, though he could sense the unicorn's power to an extreme.

"Fine/fine. jinx!" Killer said after saying the same thing at the same time with Sombra. The king ignored the skeleton and moved on.

"No more stalling! Let's get on with it already," Sombra ordered his army of slaves to go forth, Nightmare did the same with his army. The ponies marched on the snowy fields as commanded, each one was zombie-like or emotionless, they didn't even feel the cold snow coming into contact with their bare hooves as they were too distracted following orders. Sombra took control in the front while Nightmare and Killer remained in the back.

Killer whispered into Nightmare's ear, "so uh, we really gonna trust this sketchy fellow, or?"

"Of course not," Nightmare whispered back. "Can't you see? We're using him for our own benefit. Once he loses his value I will dispose of him."

"love that idea," Killer chuckled.

"Now that I think of betrayal how about you head back to his crystal homeland and do a little research on him. You are bound to find one of his weaknesses," Nightmare added.

"another great idea boss," Killer gave his boss a wave and traveled back to the empire. With no one else to talk to, Nightmare had no better option than to communicate with Sombra. Passing through Sombra's army Nightmare tapped him on the head from behind.

Sombra jumped at the sudden appearance. The king showed high levels of aggression at first, until realizing who surprised him from behind.

"Oh, it is only you," Sombra said, returning to a calm state. "My apologies for acting this way. I thought you were some pony else. I guess my mind deceives me once again. Or has it?" Sombra stared at the sky above, more specifically, the clouds. "There is something lying within those clouds, I can sense it," Sombra blasted the clouds with boiling dark magic.

The clouds exploded into thin air, revealing a strange being holding binoculars. Nightmare laughed at its appearance. "Heh heh, so who's that supposed to be? Your nemesis?" Nightmare assumed by the look on the king's face. Sombra didn't answer.

"That's definitely NOT how you treat an audience!" Discord spat, dropping his binoculars in disapproval. "You're supposed to entertain the audience, not attack them you good for nothing shadow king!"

Sombra's horn bubbled and filled itself with darkness and rage. "No audience of mine will ever be one without my permission!" Sombra released another blast of dark magic, "begone! This land will be mine for taking only!"

Nightmare crossed his arms, "you mean this is our land for the taking?"

Sombra ignored the demon and put his focus on Discord. Discord hissed at the two and vanished before the magic could hit.

"Tch! Coward. Taking Equestria will be a lot more challenging than I anticipated. A being who can bend reality with a snap of his claws will be a huge rival for me," Sombra now in frustration, turned to his new demonic friend for support.

"A rival? How funny. I already have one myself."


Discord appeared inside the cave where Sam, Cadance, and the three fillies once slept.

"Sam! I have some news!" Discord checked the tents and found each and every one of them to be empty. "Where could they be? They wouldn't just leave. The changelings are out there searching for them, unless..." Discord took the time to search for clues, a green lump of goo sat on the side of the cavern walls. Discord poked it with his lion paw and wiped it off immediately.

"Looks like the changelings had paid them a visit. I guess I'll have to do the same," Discord sobbed. "Oh, I can't believe this day came so soon. Me, the lord of chaos, must now play the hero instead of the villain."