• Published 20th May 2022
  • 785 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Dream Becomes Reality - Tilltheafterlife



A random guy who loves MLP finds himself physically in a dream with the things he appreciates. A dream demon comes out of nowhere and decides to inflict suffering and destruction. In response to the demon's actions, Samuel is forced to play the hero.

  • ...
3
 14
 785

Chapter 12: New Loyal Friends

A dream inside of a dream is what Sam proposed he had as he woke up from the sounds of beeping. Uncovering the blanket above his chest he sat up straight. To what felt like an invisible force pulling him down into a laying position it was only his laziness pulling him down, due to the beds comfort. A few band aids enclosed his previous wounds, with much dried-up blood resting still on his four arms.

Shifting his gaze to the other patient beds, he found three other ponies, in a good type of custody. The care they received seemed to be much more stipulated compared to Sam's own. Even one pony was wrapped from horn to hoof in band aids, giving the appearance of a horse mummy. Letting out a quick laugh, Sam turned right where the sun shined past a window. Hearing the clock tick second by second lowered his patience for some nurse to enter, so he stared off into space and daydreamed. Even grabbing the holter monitor by its supporting pole, shaking it gradually as a distraction for boredom.

He then took a nice look around, imagining playing I spy with my little eye with someone close. He played it using colors as hints, imagining his close friend/relative saying something back. "I spy with my little eye, something blue," he thought about the blue books on the shelves, then decided to use something cooler. That was when he discovered a blue gemstone stolen from his possession. "W-what?!" being horrified, his heart tickled fearfully. The gold gauntlet remained still in his hand, only, one problem; the diamond shaped hole used to contain the space element was empty.

Sam lifted his body up and out of bed without hesitation. Whatever willpower came over him, it for sure overpowered his laziness. Aggressively he pulled the drawers by the handle, having the bottom drawer slide open, and finding nothing except a few photos of... a cyan unicorn kissing him on the forehead while in bed. The tip of his thumb and finger relinquishes their secure grab on the photos, descending them down flat on the floor.

His mouth became wide open in surprise, staring downwards at each image depicting a crazed loving pony, sucking away his lips with her horse mouth. Based on the cutie mark string instrument on her flank, he figured it to be none other than Lyra Heartstrings. When he realized, he became less surprised, however, more concerned. Lyra was one of his favorite background ponies, and there were times where while in bed, a lonely feeling would decree him to hug a pillow, imagining himself hugging Lyra as if she were a pillow.

"Huh? Better keep these," he said, handpicking the thin squared pictures, then organizing them into a stack for his pocket. Searching under each bed, he found nothing magical from what his eyes could see. He did spot a clump of dust that caused him to sneeze upon close contact with his nose, but that was about it. Clearly, now that he remembers his clumsy fall to the floor before passing out after being chased. The answer was clear. Sompony had just stolen a valuable blue stone out of the diamond hole.

His bottom teeth scratched his top as he stressed out, "ah for crying out loud! Can I actually have somepony on my side rather than a crazy draconequus or a thirsty for love bug queen!" stress had now taken him in a heated sweat.

With Equestria along with every living being inheriting a part of him, Sam may not find himself alone after all. What he'd really need most is somepony or someone who he could empathize with. A clone of himself could very much do the trick. But such a thing isn't possible in reality. Asking even the best scientist in the world to create a clone for himself, he'd probably receive an answer like "no" or "in your dreams."

"In my dreams huh? Yea I'm in my dream alright. Too bad I have no control over it. At least, not until that demon is slayed," for consolation inside, he continued talking to himself as all the pain he went through thus far for ONE singular element of infinity exhausted him inside. "Never kept count, but I guess I've been in this dream for five days by now. I wonder if my parents are worried, well, actually, what I am thinking of course they are. They're strict and nosy as can be."

His mind put focus on a beeping noise from the holter monitor as a distraction from an agonizing sore ache over his body. Thoughts of past weakness had to be pushed aside in order for thoughts of the present to occur. He had no time for depression, nor did he have time for distractions.

"Sam? Is everything alright in there?"

A knock came from the door to Sam's right. He shook and quivered over the bed at an unforeseen visitor. Whoever this pony was must've been the nurse of the place. Or maybe even the doctor if he were transferred over to an actual hospital while asleep. He never checked the window to see if the medical room was connected to Canterlot High. "Uh, yea whoever you are."

A laugh came from the outside, her voice congenial enough for trust. "My name's Lyra Heartstrings. I am here on behalf of your species. May we come in?"

Hesitation built inside. Sam knew this pony for who she was. He just felt troubled responding to some pony that, he, at least considered wife material. "Sure. Come right on in," he anxiously gave permission.

The doorknob turned by a magic aura, then Lyra pushed the door hard with her hoof, making it smash against the wall. A few patients in bed, awoke after the wall bang, but Sam paid no attention as his attention had bigger things to pay. Lyra was standing there, showing off her joy using a smile so wide that Sam couldn't even imitate, to fake smile in public. He caught a glance of a white pony with a pink mane and tail, and a white hat, red cross symbolized behind Lyra.

"Oh, it's such an honor to see you! You have no idea how long little ole me has been searching for you!!!" Lyra galloped and jumped onto Sam nearly making him lose balance. No words managed to make way out of Sam's mouth. Reluctantly he gently hugged the unicorn feeling her soft cyan fur like a blanket. Lyra only smiled as she rubbed her hooves down his back. "I'm touching a real human being! See?! SEE?!"

Sam took his whole face on a nice little trip into Lyra's mane. He sniffed her body like a flower, blushing a tad. What was this feeling? Why was this happening? .........He didn't know. Throughout his life he would feel nothing but hate boiling inside his guts towards those who hurt him so dear. This feeling, however, was different. 'Is this love? Is this what Chrysalis means by me lacking love?' he thought to himself.

"O-oh okay, you can let go of me now, heh."

"Oh yea...sorry about that," Sam used his willpower to let go before he got too attached. Nurse Redheart trotted next to his bed, asking Sam to sit down for a check up. He looked at them both in question. "Whoa hold on I don't need any medical help- ssh," he felt his leg become stiff. A slight amount of blood dripping away from wounded areas.

"Mhm," the nurse grinned. "I must ask a few questions first. And I WANT you to answer honestly."

"Answer honestly? Miss nurse I'm the most honest man in the world. I'll put my savage side to the side. I'm not gonna even say 'what if I don't'."

"Are you bleeding?"

The question accommodating three words said fast, had Sam pausing a few seconds before an answer followed.

"I was. These band aids do a poor job at patching up your skin."

"Are any of your bones broken?"

"Possibly."

"Are you suffering inside and out?"

Sam checked himself from bottom to top. His wrists stung like mad, and his brain uncontrollably produced more negative thoughts due to multiple mental disabilities. He tightened a lip and nodded. "Yea."

"Then you need help," she insisted. "I swear to you the next person I see die. I'm going to give up on my career!"

"Dang, not to be rude, but you remind me of my 2nd grade teacher, except the opposite. Every time I felt physical pain that wasn't severe as a toddler, I'd always cry for help. And then she'd ask me the same questions in a rejecting way only to tell me to walk it off," Sam faced Lyra, allowing Redheart to continue her work.

"So, you're probably wondering why I know your name; why you're here, right? I for one am here from Equestria. There's countless newspapers about you being the cause of Equestria's future doom."

Sam kept a still posture while speaking. "Yea, I'm willing to bet you're here to interview me. I myself got a lot of questions for you. I need to know what those bloodthirsty humanoid figures outside of the school were, and I desperately NEED to know WHO took my space stone!"

"Space stone?" she gave a confused look.

"Don't tell me you're playing dumb are you? I saw you before I passed out. You've had to have known who removed it from my gauntlet. I got a collection to establish and having the progress bar set back to 0% isn't helping you know!" he breathed in and out drastically as the nurse instructed.

"Now you must remain calm. You just woke up from bed," Redheart could hear his heart pounding faster from her Stethoscope. One of Redheart's hooves pressed down softly onto Sam's chest as she checked, giving him comfort. "I understand a talking pony like me is abnormal, but I was once human before. None of us are going to hurt you," she let out a short laugh. "But, I do believe a grown man like you can take both of us down without a problem, right?"

He sighed and relaxed, ignoring the question entirely, "Alright fine. Guess I should provide you with answers first," Sam said, willing to be more kind. "Ask away."

Lyra returned to her happy face. "YAY! Okay so um! What's your name?"

"Samuel. But didn't you already say my exact nickname, Sam, by the door a few minutes ago?"

"Oh yes um..."Lyra awkwardly maneuvered her eyes upwards in thought. 'Wow, humans have such great memories and intelligence! I need to up my game!' she said within the head. "Do you have any siblings?"

"No."

"Any friends?" she continued.

"None, except one."

"And where are you from?"

"From a different world and I mean a completely different world with chaos, boredom and no magic." Sam muttered, wearing a straight face.

Lyra gladly gave her thoughts of impression to Sam, "You answered my questions so fluidly. I knew humans were superior to us!" she coughed to clear her throat. "Anyways, based on your answers we can assume you are a lone wolf. And you now confirm the belief of another world without magic!"

Sam rubbed his face awkwardly, "So that's all you needed to know?"

"Meh, I might have more to ask in the future. For now you're in the clear."

"Ah," he rubbed his hands together while grabbing a pillow to hold softly. "Now its my turn. How do you know my name, Lyra? Have you been stalking me this whole time?"

Lyra forced her lips inside her mouth showing a look of guilt. "Oh... that... well, it's complicated. Growing up in Equestria I've gotten into the habit of checking newspapers sent into the mailbox by my friend. Many of them from the past few days mentioned you, the two-legged beast roaming the Everfree doing who knows what." Lyra kept on explaining how the ponies from Equestria put the blame on Sam for Chrysalis's take over on Canterlot, along with Discord's possible freedom to reign chaos over the land thrice.

"I became curious overtime. They never gave a depicted image of you, which made me question if they were using this to make me and my beliefs on humans a joke. So I made the decision to search around and about. Now, I wouldn't want to call it spying-"

"Spying?" he caught the word.

"No! Like, fortuitous spying. You know like reading someone's diary against your consent."

"How? I was alone for the most part when I came into Equestria," he claimed to back up any false thinking.

"Yea, I know," she sighed as if something she feared, had to be faced here and now. "I don't want you to get upset but," Lyra hesitantly grabbed something wrapped with a gift wrapper from the nurse's rolling shelf. "This is for you, Sam. Please don't be mad at me."

"What is it?" he took the thing without receiving an answer. Looking at Lyra solemnly he tore away the ribbon and paper revealing a bottle of Coca Cola filled up to the cap. Sam raised an eyebrow, "What's there for me to be upset about? It's just a bottle of Coke. I don't get it."

"It doesn't belong to you?" Lyra fell into a sharp disappointment but also a weird relief. "It's the reason why I traveled all the way here, literally! It gives special magic power ups and visions of truth. It also can magically refill once empty, so there's no need to worry about it running out. But are you sure you have no recollection of it? I mean I swore Coke was related to your species from what I studied about humans. And it never existed in Equestria until you arrived." Lyra saw a shrug, increasing the level of disappointment. She'd hope to at least find some sort of clue from where it came from. She went through all the trouble of carrying it to Sam, only for him to be clueless about the whole thing.

"Not that I know of- ERGH!" he held a hand over his head, nearly like a hard hitting face palm. His right side landed hard on the bed mattress making it wobble for a short moment. Nurse Redheart worriedly checked his health status shown on the machinery. "Ahhh! Freak!" he screamed.

"What's happening to him?!" she put her focus onto the nurse as well.

"His vitals are in fine shape. The issue must be his head," Redheart assumed.

"Don't worry I'm fine!" Sam's legs shifted excruciatingly across the bed sheets. "The pain is going away slowly! I just need endurance!"

"Are you undergoing Equestria's most painful migraine in history?"

"Ergh!" he breathed in and out, begging for body relief. The lighting above became sensitive as his vision blurred. During this event, a source of power connected to Sam's personal spiritual being. It was familiar for one, and also stronger than powerful. The same power he perceived at the start as a spirit before Nightmare pulled his physical body in. An infinite source of power that he owned. Little did he know, it is the flesh sealing it away.

Within a few minutes, Sam regains his sight. Lyra stood on top of him changing her expression from a worried frown to a smile of relief. They stared at each other's faces, almost creating a staring contest. It was a joy to see somepony who truly cared for him rather than in a toxic way.

"Hey," Lyra spoke up to break the silence.

"Hey there." he happily raised both eyebrows while blinking.

Lyra boobed his nose and yelled, "YAY! You're fine and I won!" she jumped on the bed like a monkey.

"Won what?"

"A staring contest with you. At least I think that's what we were doing, right? Derpy never gives me a chance to win any of those." she showed a mixed expression of sadness and happiness.

"That's... nice?" he didn't know what to say.

Lyra faced him again, concerned slightly, "Are you okay? You dropped the bottle on the floor by the way. Thankfully it didn't spill; it'd make the janitor of this place lose it."

"Yeah I'm fine," he gazed down to the bottle, moving his arm in an attempt to pick it up. A feeling of anguish grew inside causing him to jerk away far from the bottle.

"What's the matter? Did Death itself put a curse?"

Sam answers calmly, "No. Just keep that thing away from me. It might give me another headache of fire. Plus it doesn't belong to me." Sam didn't speak the truth. After having contact with the bottle of Coke his brain unbarred a memory. It was him who created the bottle of Coke with desirable thinking and the use of limitless dream magic.

The power to create, destroy, and bend Equestria- no, his dream world of wonder. The Coke bottle recalls his past while illuminating a vision of the future, containing darkness he must face and a light greater than no other he will dwell within at the end of his adventure.

"Suit yourself," Lyra replaces an empty space on a countertop with Sam's said to be dangerous item. It'd be much safer in Lyra's hooves rather than in Sam's clumsy hands.

Sam noticed something wrapping around his muscular arms. It was lukewarm and thick like a wide rubber band, as it tightened his arm in a hard squeeze. This felt all too familiar for him as Nurse Redheart asked for Sam's attention and permission for the next set of checkups.

"I can note everything you need to know about this school since you're going to be staying here with us," the nurse stated.

The supporting metal legs of the bed creaked. Sam now sits at the very edge of the bed with his legs crossed into an x. "It'd be nice to have a tour of this school. I believe I saw this place being the size of a white house before I passed out after being chased outside. Oh, and could you explain why you're all PONIES?! I swore I heard you say, once human. What happened?" he asked as Nurse Redheart proceeded to check his blood pressure along with his weight.

Redheart sighed slightly, "A little... incident occurred with the mirror before you and your... mare friend came through," she answered tentatively.

"Mare friend?" he was a bit confused at first until he saw Lyra's cheeks blushing red as roses. Seeing the slight guilt in her eyes, Sam remembers the photos he pulled from one of the drawers. With a look Sam digs into his pockets revealing a few pictures that were...something, "Bet you didn't expect me to find these huh?" he smiled.

"Wh-wha- HOW?!" her blush enlarged.

"You didn't think I would find it if you left the photos here? Did you leave it on purpose?"

"W-well ya see. I kind of have an obsession for huma-"

"I know that," Sam made his arm fall lazily down his lap. "But I don't think an obsession with a species involves having your entire fluffy body on mine and throwing me kisses while asleep. Unless it was the other you that originated from this world."

Lyra slid her hoof across the floor. She didn't want to admit it but she could feel her uncontrollable face showing a sign of love. Sam's face was only straight and serious so it was difficult to tell whether he was downright mad or simply curious about the whole romantic situation.

"Ah, forget it. I'm not going to even question it unless it becomes more of a thing," he hardly omits it as he returns to Nurse Redheart's guidance. Redheart's hoof covered her mouth while a hard giggle escaped. Sam ignores, "Now, about that incident."

Before Redheart thought of any word, a unicorn, filled with rudeness, specifically with a mane colored in a mix of red and orange, butted in. "I'll explain everything to you here and now, but in return, you're going to help me!" Sunset Shimmer shoved Lyra away giving a near glare.

Nurse Redheart fled the scene in a hurtle, leaving a nice red lolly pop on top of a brown desk beside. Reminded Sam of the times back when he was six years old. Back when the world wasn't cruel. He faced Sunset, refusing any sort of tension to be shown. Knowing Sunset, she'd probably boss him around if he couldn't stand up for himself.

"Help you with what?" Sam imagined himself stealing Twilight's crown.

"Help me return this world back to what it used to be! I'm the only pony who desires my humanity back!" she took an angry breath in. "You and that short rapper are the only ones who remain human. Explain that! This blue mare said you know what's going on. And I know you're not from here!" Sunset came close, having the eagerness to rudely push Sam down.

"I don't know! I just got here!" he spoke vaguely in fear. "How about you explain what happened so I can have a better understanding. I want to help, but I'm not about to put up with that mean attitude of yours," Sam pointed out.

Sunset gritted her teeth and slapped Sam's left cheek. His head darted to the side by force, only for Sam to turn it back in its original position, unfazed. "Hey chill out I-" he took a hold of Sunset's other hoof before she got the second satisfying slap.

Lyra, unnoticeable, pulled Sunset down by the tail. Sunset's glare shot at Lyra, but the mare stood her ground. "If you're going to hurt him, you will have to hurt me too!"

Sam put a hand over his chest, "Lyra... my heart. You just warmed it up." he spotted a reaction on Sunset's horn and immediately took action. A burning sensation came upon his hand as he gripped the magical cone. He felt the heat rise knowing her magic was trying to bust out.

"Get off me!" Sunset groaned. She gradually increased her horn's magical mini source, until the outsides were hot as the burning flames of the sun.

Sam released his grip as he wavered his right arm while wincing, "Ergh! Freaking hot!" Not wanting to grip a pack of fire bare handed, he used his left hand wearing the gauntlet, hoping for the gauntlet to protect him similar to an oven glove. Sunset softly gasped, and teleported several inches away before having her magic covered up again.

"Okay! You win! Dang you're one persistent guy aren't you," she winced, rubbing her fur head with a hoof in hopes of easing her pain. "Don't ever do that again! I almost thought my horn was going to explode like a powder keg."

Sam responded in an annoyed, sarcastic tone. "Yea, okay, my hand was some sort of triggering flame, about to make contact with magic dusty powder inside your horn to cause an explosion," a head shook. "At least you didn't heat your horn hot enough to ignite my right hand into ashes."

Sunset frowned, her eyebrows moving into a wide open V pointing downwards. "If you didn't upset the living bananas out of me, none of that would've happened you know."

"I like bananas, because they help me live a life in a cruel world."

"Does it look like I care? Plus that's besides the point, you lunatic."

Sam returned a frown, but decided not to return any hurtful words.

"Listen Sunset, if you're the only pony here with information we're not aware of, perhaps you should spill it rather than spilling your negativity in front of us, please."

"And why do you care?" Sunset turned her attention to Lyra. "You are just some new nopony who attended this school about a day ago."

Lyra huffed hatefully. "I care, because I'm about to buck you in the face if you don't SHUT UP!"

Sunset controlled her anger before losing herself. Her reputation towards other students was poor, and she didn't want the entire school especially Principle Celestia, to notice her foul attitude, by a simple act of violence. Plus it would be two against one, Sunset believing both had already created a nice bond together.

"I will start from the beginning," she sighed.

Sam crossed his arms as he listened. He moved his rear end to a cooler part of the medical bed he comfortably sat on. "Hold it, I need me some candy first," he said, reaching far enough to grab the sweet sucker left by Redheart. Slowly unwrapping the wrapper he ripped it away instantly after it loosened. The lolly pop was red as an apple to be exact. Sam forced the edge of his tongue to extend outwards taking a sluggish lick. "Continue," he told them, ignoring their cringe.

When the room was silent, giving Sunset the opportunity to finally explain, Lyra locked the door from behind followed by a silencing spell to ensure no knocking interruptions. "If this is going to be long I better rest my hooves," she took a chair her size, leaping backwards to land in a seating position like Sam's. "Oh, and if I fall asleep wake me in the worst way possible, okay?"

Sunset rolled her eyes, "Ugh, whatever. Now, as I was saying I will start from the beginning."

******

Sunset's POV

"This is ridiculous! I want power!" I demanded. "You're the princess of the sun, the pony who wielded the elements of harmony! There has to be something else other than the stupid power of friendship!"

Celestia responded back to me with a tedious apology. "I'm sorry, Sunset. But wanting more power than you already have isn't in my teachings. Perhaps it's friends you should be seeking. I can see the misery in your eyes."

"Well maybe I wouldn't be so miserable if you would just give me what I want!" I spat.

My old mentor's face turned stern as expected. "The answer is no, Sunset Shimmer."

I screamed and galloped away, then Celestia begged me to stay. I of course shook my head and barged out of the royal throne room. Walking along the carpet in outrage beyond the halls. I passed a few guards on the way who were out by Celestia's orders to stop me, but thanks to her teachings I managed to easily teleport past them in a flash of blue light. "Sorry it had to be this way," I told them sarcastically including Celestia who entered the halls from behind. "Princess."

After passing through a few doors down to my right it didn't take long to find my escape tunnel, or rather my escape mirror. Its shine, reflection, and color were no different from the past year. The reflection of guards behind caught my eye away. Not wanting to delay my escape any further, I leapt in fast.

The ride certainly wasn't a calming one, as I spun in a rainbow of circles. Luckily for me, time made it on my side just as I made it to the other side. I got up using my hands to support my balance. Here I stood, at the grounds of Canterlot High, where I spent my days away from Equestria.

It took quite some time getting used to once Principle Celestia offered me a place to stay here. Many of the students here were nothing but garrulous lunatics until I came along and snapped some sense into them. Now, whenever I wander the halls everybody gives off the silent treatment. I would always bare the will to laugh.

One night, during my moderate lay down moment in bed. A peculiar voice called out inside my mind. "Equestria's gateway; destroy it!"

I couldn't tell if my imagination was playing tricks on me, or if it were Trixie playing those kinds of tricks as payback. I nervously got up and heard it again, and again, and AGAIN! And its increase in volume only made it worse. My desperate sight noticed a light-weighted sledgehammer, stationary next to my bed.

Its wooden handle was fun to grip along with using it to smash a mirror. I took a small breath allowing my legs now possessing a mind of their own, to carry me outside. When I made it, the mirror reacted bizarrely the closer I approached.

"Yes, yes, do it now!" it exclaimed desperately.

For an unknown reason, my head had no intentions to talk back. It was like the word no was removed from my mouth. The weight of guilt pulling me down didn't stop me. I lifted my sledgehammer high, preparing for a hit. With one last look around to ensure a price for vandalism wouldn't be held accountable towards me. I swung it applying much of my might, so hopefully a nice sweet dream will await me after this voice leaves my head.

Sounds of glass shattered in a loud bang. I coughed as a ton of dark smoke was released out of the portal because of my actions. A triplet of purple eyes greeted me within the darkness.

"A world linked to his world? I guess the pony king of shadows' advice has its value. Speaking of value," it leered at me. "You there, are the inhabitants within this world strong or weak?"

I managed only a mouth open, but no words came out of my open mouth. It glanced over to the school, then at me. Tentacles sprouted behind its hard to look at spine and back. One of them forms a hand at the end of the sharp tip, smacking me away from its view. I landed on my hips next to the road, moaning at an aching bruise forming on my right shoulder where it hit.

"Foolish. You fell for me. Someone else who is as weak as your standards would've been more wise than reckless," it ran in a motion of killing, but then it stopped right as one of its sharp tentacles made contact with my blood after a fast little needle stab. I was too scared for my life to say anything. Its face came close, along with my scent coming to its nose. "You smell good... what is this terrible desire I sense? I love it! HA!"

Whatever or whoever this is, they were sick in the head. Many times worse than me. The creature jumped high, aiming for the town full of people. Many were slaughtered while some faced an infection he placed upon our civilization. I don't know why I was spared. Was it because I was responsible for creating a free entrance for him? Or was it simply because he likes me?

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Woah! Woah!" Sam cuts her off.

******

*Back in the hospital*

"Okay first of all, that first person past experience you explained was amazing," Sam took a breath in to release moments later. "Second of all, the creature you mentioned..." Sam stared at her seriously. "Describe it again."

Sunset held a hoof under her chin. "It was a crazed demonic monster thirsty for blood lust. Two horns were stuck to the top of its head, and it had very creepy purple eyes I think."

Fingers owned by the only human in the room shivered, Sunset looked at him in question. "Sorry, I didn't let you finish. But uh, could you please tell me the rest without excessive detail. No offense, but I'm kind of bored."

She gave an angered look. Only, she decided to take that anger over to Lyra who in no mistake was taking a nap on a chair she leaned onto abnormally. Sunset made a smirk and grabbed a glass cup loaded with water from a sink nearby. From behind the sleeping pony, Sunset shoved her wet alarm using a simple action of tilting 180 degrees.

The awoken cyan unicorn broke into a small gallop until her hooves reached the edge of a brick counter. Lyra lashes out at Sunset Shimmer, "What the heck, Sunset!?"

"What? You said to wake you up in the worst way possible. Is having water dripping down from your mane after a nap not the worst?"

"Why you! You- you're the worst!" Lyra hoof pointed. "No wonder everypony dislikes you! You are mean!"

"The word mean is so childish. Grow up, will you," Sunset insulted.

A cyan horn glowed."That's it! I'm going to kick that rotten spirit of yours out of shame!"

Sam took a step between the two hot mares in hopes of stopping a future fight in the next few seconds. They felt the warmth in Sam's arms after he easily tugged them towards him.

"Ugh! Let me go stupid human!" Lyra wiggled assertively.

"I don't think so," Sam pulled tighter. "Do any of these medical cabinets have any chill pills?"

"No, but I think there's a few mini bottles filled with easy to swallow pills for brainless unicorns who never look over actual spell books for knowledge," Sunset gestured to Lyra.

"GRRRR!"

"Relax," he urged, while tightening them into a bear hug.

Sunset winced over the pressure as did Lyra. "Release me! It's Lyra who needs to be squeezed to death. Not me you stupid... uh... humon?"

"Human," Sam corrected. "And I'm not letting go; not until you shove a bar of soap in your pony mouth, and after Lyra takes her chill pills."

"There is no such thing as chill pills!"

"Well, take your will pills!"

"Those aren't real either."

"I mean take your will power into your own responsible hooves before I give you a taste of my power," Sam gave Sunset freedom hoping the mare had the sense in herself to be silent. Lyra lost the will to free herself after Sam's other arm locked in.

Lyra gave out a sigh of acceptance, "Okay, I guess there's no need for violence... BUT, I want an apology from her. She can't have the freedom to hurt other ponies' feelings and get away with it."

Sam blinked, then glared at Sunset, "Sunset?"

Sunset Shimmer relaxed her frame of mind in order to stop any future mess or conflict. Her teeth pressured themselves while she avoided making a huff in front of the two. "I'm..." she paused. "Sorry."

Lyra sat back down in the same chair, "There. That wasn't so hard was it?" she smirked.

The mares were a few snippets away from another argument; with Sam being the only being in the room with a calm but also worried mood. Despite Sunset's held in anger the mare confessed her story, having her eyes glued to Sam's in order to avoid any distractions from Lyra.

"The beast that came out of the mirror is responsible for those monsters outside of the school. But those monsters were actually civilians at first. I honestly don't know what happened. In a split second the world turned upside-down before my eyes as he showed up and started injecting everybody with some sort of zombie virus," Sunset explained. She stopped waiting for Sam to talk back.

"Then what? You aren't finished yet are you? Because that does not explain the pony situation," he crossed his arms.

"Well, I was really thinking you'd have a reaction, unlike somepony here who's reactions are snores!" she gestured angrily to Lyra sleeping once again on the chair. Slouched down further than last.

Sam examined Lyra closely. He'd thought being awakened by a large splash of water to the head was something awfully unforgettable in the next passing minutes. Very hard to think Lyra was this dumb to dare another sleeping period, in the middle of Sunset's speech. And not only was it rude, but was also exceedingly irritating to ignore her snores. His concentration came to a conclusion once he saw a sudden transition of expression from Lyra.

Her calm closed eyes started to squeeze as Lyra grinned and snorted. Clearly this was a fake out prank personally for Sunset Shimmer to show how much she disrespects Sunset. Sam let out a cold deep sigh, then laid heavily on the mattress, right arm upon his forehead dramatically, "oh lord, I'm going to be here all day. Could you two be peaceful for once? I have a mission to save Equestria from eternal darkness. I don't have time to lay here and hear yall bleat!"

Lyra attempts to butter up Sam while bringing Sunset down, "Ha! See Sunset! You're so annoying even the most patient human can't stand you!"

"I said yall which means you too, Lyra. Gosh, does it require me to have more or less of a country accent like Applejack? Hey, over there, I need the two of yall ta take it down a notch or I'ma throw a quick fixin'. Or do you prefer me speaking like: Hey you girls, if you both don't quit I will have to make you."

Lyra shrugged, "meh. It does not matter."

"Applejack? Who's that?" Sunset asks coldly.

"Some pony in Equestria who runs an apple farm and is happy bucking apples. Sweet Celestia, did Applejack bake the best apple sweets," she answered, her tongue watering over sweet tasting thoughts.

"There isn't an Applejack in this school?" Sam curiously sat up.

"Nope never heard the name. I've been in this school for quite a while, I'm pretty sure there's no Applejack here."

"Hm. Then I guess that means no Rarity, Dashie, Pinkie, Flutters, and no Twilight?"

"Erm, I don't know any of those names. Sorry but also not."

With a sigh Sam planted his feet on the marble floor, "You can tell me the rest later. I need to get my space stone back as soon as possible. Any idea where or who it might-"

*Beep*

From above the ceiling, there was a speaker that made an alerting beep to catch the trio's ears. Their heads flinched upwards. Each wearing discrete faces over such a small disrupting sudden noise. Sunset wore a face of disgust, Lyra wore a face of surprise, and as for Sam, his serious face was darting back and forth towards the speaker and a camera which he hadn't noticed.

"Nurse Redheart?" vice principal Luna quickly called out from her microphone.

"She's not here," Sunset muttered. "I think she had a near heart attack as I came in. She's probably at lunch wailing in fearful tears right now," she chuckled terribly.

"Oh, well could you be a nice dear for once and PLEASE report to Celesta's office immediately."

"Oh great, what is it this time?" Sunset pressured.

"..." Luna coaxes, "This is not just about you, Sunset Shimmer. I want the newcomer to accompany you. There are certain matters we must discuss. And to make things less concerning, a punishment has not been administered. Be quick," Luna hung the call off. A sound much like a crushed can echos out of the speaker, giving an indication she finished.

"Ugh, give me a break!" her teeth gritted in front of Sam. "You and me, office now!"

Sam's eyebrows astonishingly rises, "a-alright. You good?"

"Am I good? What does it look like to you?!" Sunset trotted closer until she was a couple of inches away from the tall mannish boy. "Are you good towards me?"

"Uh..." he hesitated, "yea. I mean I'm a great trustworthy guy with patience higher than much of humanity. And I'm definitely looking forward to being your friend. That is only if you are, you know, nicer, and less of a bossy pony seeking their own evil desires."

"Friends?" she laughed, "Don't be ridiculous. Celestia told me the same. Giving respect and care for others; what a joke."

"It's not a joke," he claimed. Sam didn't know any of Sunset's past life or how she grew up. But he came to believe Sunset had never experienced any sort of friendship. In other words, a tree of bad luck covered her childhood with shade, away from the light many colts and fillies thrived in.

He certainly wasn't a guy built on charisma and was never experienced into relationships and bonds. But even so, a blood pumping muscle organ inside took control. "Look, I understand friendship may seem dumb or weak to you, but you probably never did give it a chance."

"I did once..." Sunset stated as a correction.

And a correction it was as Sam made a sudden movement being caught off guard. "Really now?" By the way she spoke, it sounded truthful. A few trust issues here and there didn't make Sam jump straight into calling her a liar. "Tell me what went wrong. I want the truth."

Sunset nodded, "It happened during one of Celestia's practices. I failed to comprehend numerous parts of her subjects, so she insisted I find somepony who I could relate to and basically carry me through particular practices I didn't understand, and I carry that pony through the things they didn't understand."

"Did you happen to find anypony?" he curiously squatted down gradually until he was at Sunset's high point.

"Yes," her face shifted, while she faced away from him to hide her weak sorrow. "He sure was something to me. We both turned out to be born as sun type unicorns and I had a bit of a crush on him with his wizardly outfit. We became great partners before we were forced to depart our ways from magic school. Whenever I didn't understand, whenever I got caught up in frustration, he was always there for me," a tear fell. "Oh, how it saddened me to see him go."

"Really? Why'd he leave?"

"The council made a decision of kicking his know-it-all flank out. They were thankfully kind enough to explain why in person. Many ponies who are forced out typically get letters showing how they failed to pass essential tests. He got kicked out for an absurd lack of skill in magic casting," Sunset got a view of Sam's wondrous face. "What's with that look?" she grilled, then gave a glance over to Lyra who had already gotten bored of the conversation.

"Oh uh. . . nothing; just. . . imagining some pony and an event in my head," he answered fretfully. Out of pure anxiety he caught Lyra tapping her hoof impatiently at the door. A sense of dread washed over Sam as the seconds and minutes ticked by, thinking principle Celestia would lose her patience soon enough if they didn't get a move on. He could sense the damaged unicorn's emotions rising.

Sunset felt a human finger lift her chin from below. "Hey look, I understand a loss of a friend could drive you to never give friendship a chance again. But let me tell you something. You're not the only pony I know in Equestria who lost a friend because of some stupid incident or talent. Give friendship another chance. And from a wise man: you shouldn't focus on the one you lost otherwise you'll miss out on the one that's coming," Sam advised.

An extra set of tears wets his finger. Her depressed gaze examined the blank eyes of a yet to be known high intelligent fool.

"Who's coming?" Sunset sobbed out of hopelessness.

"I can't predict what's coming in your future, nor can I predict what's coming to mine, but I do know it is I, who came for you," his eyes pinned to her cries of loneliness. An invisible rainbow forms above them both. Sam's arm gently wraps around Sunset. "Friends?"

Sunset had her hoof gently rub across the back of her friend's neck. "Friends," she answered.

"Hey!" Lyra shouted. "Don't forget about where we're supposed to be going!"

They looked at each other, bothered. The emotional moment cut off short, Sam gets up shaking his head. "Alright, let us get a move on then," he drags himself not carrying away any saccharine time. Sunset goes along, surprisingly without protest, but letting out a groan.

Wandering through the right side of the halls a few ponies gasp. Their mouth wide open at Sam, paying no attention over to the two unicorn mares in front escorting him to the office. Instead of backing away believing a tall, hostile, hairless two-legged ape monster, was about to raise heck, they came close. A few pulling out cameras creating waves of light flashes.

"H-hey! Cut it out! No filming or photographing anypony without consent!" Lyra covered her eyes frequently while trotting pass slowly.

"Relax you overreactive Equestrian," Sunset said, going with Lyra's pace. "The attention isn't on you or me; it's on Sam."

Questions boomed from a forming crowd left and right. Sam simply acted unaware of his surroundings, walking in saunter ignoring what he could. Course, not exactly easy to offer no reaction or attention over what seemed like an hour of constant camera flashes and loud attention seeking mouths.

"Geez, his popularity will go off the charts being human just like that little rapper boy," Sunset pointed out.

The crowd didn't stop there; more came out of hiding exhilarated. Yells, cheers, and even jealousy exploded throughout. Two anger bombs land on two unicorn mares, one having a higher impact over Lyra.

"That's it! I'm out of here! See you at Celestia's office!" Lyra galloped away, Sunset galloping along, abandoning Sam to push away the crowd alone.

"Well, isn't that just sweet of them," Sam refused to stop and interact. His only interaction would be with the principle, or rather the alternate sun princess, transformed into a pony for as of now unknown causes.

Directions written on the signs to her office weren't complex to follow, though long, as he traveled past the gymnasium, janitor's closet, auditorium, art hall, and the cafeteria.

Voices of ponies reduce as time goes by, lending Sam a right to nod satisfyingly deep. He didn't bother checking, knowing the crowd behind was slowly withdrawing. It'd only be within a few minutes that Sam would have no pony following. A roaring electric guitar busted a sound, silencing one last bit of ponies. Sam peered into the classroom where it came from to see Flash Sentry rocking hard. Flash appeared to be competing against someone, but Sam couldn't see Flash's competitor.

Playing professional music with steady fingers is one thing. Playing with steady hooves was totally out of question in reality.

Within a moment too soon a familiar sound crossed Sam's ears as it crossed his world once he ventured on. A sound, a voice, an attacking beep from someone Sam kept in his dreams after overusing DFJK keys on his laptop. He will later regret ignoring.

"Beepaa beepbop skdoo skbep skdoo skbep beepaa beepbop boop boop bappity skebap skdabeep beepo beep skbep beepbop!"


Sam laughed finding Lyra and Sunset already waiting at the door, and how no pony desperately wanting answers from him, followed. "Even the most persistent crowds eventually give up on me."

"How in the?" Lyra showed her fillings of bemusement. "How'd you get here so quickly without any pony chasing you!? I swear it was utter chaos there when we left you, no hard feelings, Sam. I honestly can't stand living up to an enormous bunch of wild ponies, right, Sunset!"

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I cannot agree more with. . . Lyra," Sunset glanced at Sam closely. "You don't look tired at all. Did you just walk here? We galloped and waited only around 5 minutes for you to show up."

Sam approached the door, not glancing back. "I speed walked."

"And that's how you maneuvered so quickly?"

"It's what I always do when heading to class or between in my school. And with enough patience a crowd chasing you is bound to buzz off if you ignore them long enough," he squashed a bit of fear taking in, and twists the golden knob. After a push, Celestia's office is revealed.

Celestia was plumped on her rolling chair, eager for a chat. Vice principal Luna stood next to Celestia, glaring at a particular unicorn whose personal status overall, carried disgusting social implications. Their hooves were bare, no tiara in place above their head. Their manes and tails sparkle and flow like constant waves of a tiny ocean.

Two alicorns, one unicorn, and one human within a private meeting. A very different meeting in fact as Celestia imagined the door and windows sealing shut, her horn making magic happen, and they actually did after a split second.

"You there, little pony from the other world, I must ask for your departure," Luna pointed her horn at Lyra, sleeping spell at ready. "Please do not misunderstand, for this discussion is meant only for the two beside you. You will awake in bed the next day if you chose not to leave."

Lyra stomped a hoof forward, vexed at Luna's words. "Are you kidding me!? I came all the way here for- for. . . *yawn*" Lyra falls down into a deep sleep.

Sam, being astonished leaned over to Sunset and whispered. "Hey, so how long exactly was it before you all transitioned to ponyhood unwillingly?"

"About two days ago. Why?" Sunset whispers back, eyeing Luna.

"Huh. They sure did pick up on magic quickly in those two days if what you say is true. "

"Is there something you'd like to tell us before we get down to business?" Celestia maturely ended their whispering.

"Nah, let's get down to business now before I ask anything," he felt ashamed answering in a cocky tone, unfortunately for Sam, words tend to slip out when going through the face of boredom.

Celestia kept a warm smile while remaining dignified. "Very well, I shall discuss the important matters. You two were called here for a reason. Well, not for one. Sunset, I would be obliged if you report to Luna's office, she will discuss the particular consequences of your actions." Celestia levitated her coffee cup half full and sipped.

"Consequences?" Sunset caught Luna's stern stare waiting for her at an office next to Celestia's. "Oh, pony feathers, what's this about this time?"

"Enter and you'll be answered," Luna sounded cranky.

Sunset trotted in letting out a huff. Luna's office's door slammed shut upon Sunset's entrance. The young mare was in deep crap for sure.

"Please, take a seat and state your name newcomer," Celestia kindly commanded.

Sam pulled a smooth metal chair and slouched on it. "My name's Sam."

"Greetings Sam, I am Celestia, former principle of CHS. I can improvise any questions you may have. And I am aware you are not from this world. I have called you here because I want to help you," her hooves patted the table, her coffee enlivening her mood.

"Oh yea, why is that?"

"I am sure word broke out to you that we once had feet and fingers like you, correct?"

Sam slouched further. "You mean once human?"

"Correct. After further investigation as to why, Sunset Shimmer, the mare many of my students consider 'mean' was found responsible. Somehow, in a midst of night she conjured a demon into our world after a strange interaction with the mirror statue at front."

"Yea I know. Sunset Shimmer already told me that. I just want to know about this pony situation yall got going on. The demon you are referring to is without a doubt my nemesis. What happened to him? Seems he left in a pinch leaving behind those cursed zombie monsters outside that chased me not long ago."

"He didn't leave; somebody forced his return back where he came from," Celestia clarified.

"Who did?"

"I was afraid you'd ask that, for I have yet to discover her identity. She was red manned pony, flying down our school ground streets like a miracle. She used great magic against the demon, though she accidentally followed the demon in after repairing the mirror. And because of her magic we became ponies. Some have wings, some were bestowed horns, and some are strong enough to smash down walls with bare hooves."

"A red manned pony?"

Celestia nodded. "I was hoping you'd know about her since you come from the same world."

He thought of the pony in question during his escape from the Crystal Empire. The pony who almost sucked him into a white void if it weren't for the mirror. "Uh, I don't really know her. Is that all?" Sam asked, tapping his foot ready to jump up.

"You tell me, Sam. Do you need help? The pony told me before leaving that if someone came through the mirror, I was to support that someone no matter what."

Sam knew deep down a LOT of help was needed for him mentally, but he didn't tell her such a thing. His mental issues were his and his only. Endurance is the key. There wasn't any need for therapy or medication. "There are two things. One is a cure for boredom and the other is a blue stone some pony stole from me. That's it."

"A blue stone?" Celestia gave thought. "I have heard rumors of such a thing reported. I forgot to mention that you, Sam, are not the only human inside these walls. He is much shorter, but many say he has your stone. As for your boredom, you may ask any staff members for jobs. You can stay here as much as you like so long as you don't leave. That would be foolish, wouldn't it?"

Sam agreed. "Any idea where this other human could be?"

"He is a singer, or more of a beeper. I'd check both the auditorium and the band rooms first if I were you. He is starting to become a star in our musical ways."

"Thanks princes- I mean principle Celestia," he corrected himself and jumped up. Lyra steadily lays on a cold floor with snores after Luna's spell. It was near midnight, and a yawn didn't have to tell him the time twice. "I'm going to go get some sleep," he grasped Lyra in both arms, whilst leaving.

Moonlight illuminates his only bedsheets once he returned to the medical room. There wasn't any other bed except his for Lyra to sleep peacefully on. With a shrug and a little blush, he tucks Lyra in and snuggles her in bed. "I'll search tomorrow."