• Published 20th May 2022
  • 785 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Dream Becomes Reality - Tilltheafterlife



A random guy who loves MLP finds himself physically in a dream with the things he appreciates. A dream demon comes out of nowhere and decides to inflict suffering and destruction. In response to the demon's actions, Samuel is forced to play the hero.

  • ...
3
 14
 785

Chapter 11: An Alternate World of Ponies

Canterlot, never since the day it was built, looked like a mess. Everywhere on each structure either dealt with a random attack of destruction or a sticky green resign applied horribly. And above up in the sky, was a storm of cotton candy clouds pouring away chocolate peddles of milk, affecting any type of plant life.

Because the changelings withheld their own against the zombie horde, rotten flesh and blood covered the streets and the insides of the castle. Chrysalis killed the last of the undead along with Pharynx. All that dangerously remained was the one who summoned the undead, Nightmare. Though, Discord took care of him heavily.

"Ha! Ha! Ha!" the demon chortled. Despite the pain from a fallen pillar pressing down on his bottom half, and the stinging open wounds from countless changeling fang bites, Nightmare's act of insanity kept on.

"What's funny? Are you laughing because the almighty destroyer of this world, you, lost against a swarm of mere bugs?" Chrysalis deadpanned.

Nightmare stopped. "What I find funny is your sense of attainment towards my defeat. If you didn't know I am unkillable in this form. Pain inflicted onto me, only weakens this form's physical qualities. The real me is still sealed away, at least for a period of time."

Discord teleported in front of him, with a cheeky smirking face. "Then I guess we'll have to seal this helpless form of yours too," he said, snapping a bucket of chicken into reality. "Not that you'll cause such a catastrophe; you'll be more of a nuisance to my plans in that form."

Nightmare tightened a hateful smile. "Every pony in this world will die! I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER UNTIL DEATH!"

"Oh, I doubt that." Discord shrugged, grabbing a piece of fried chicken by the bone and taking a bit out of it happily. After a nice gulp he pulled another and held it up a tad. "Hungry?"

Nightmare pointed to his sharpened teeth, still miserably lying down on the floor in defeat. "What do you think?"

Discord's expression changed. "Huh? I wasn't talking to you. I'm talking to them," he back pointed to Chrysalis and her minions behind. The uneasiness Discord brought, was giving Nightmare a traumatizing rage, he couldn't show off.

Pharynx glared Nightmare without the demon's notice. "What do you suppose we do with him now my queen?"

Chrysalis sighed. "I am unsure. We have no quarrel with this demon, yet." she bumbled her wings and faced her subjects with a tough stare. "I hate to say this, but I believe we should let Discord take charge here."

Pharynx jumped on the inside, "him!?" he pointed at Discord. "In charge!?" The queen nodded arduously without a mad look. Discord continued chewing down half of the chicken left in the bucket, smirking or simply laughing at Pharynx's dislike of the lord of chaos.

"He promises us an unlimited supply of love if we return to the hive peacefully."

"And if he doesn't?" Pharynx asked in a rush.

Chrysalis tone grew strict. "Do not push Discord, otherwise he might reconsider. And don't forget who I AM," she pushed her face closer to his. "Those purple slit eyes doesn't make you any different from the rest of your siblings. Remember I am your queen, and you will do as I say without complaint."

"Ahem! Sorry and not sorry to interrupt your chittering and buzzing," Discord snapped his claw to magically transport the cocoons stuffed with sleeping ponies. He grabbed two, one with three small ponies and one with an adult mare. "Both are mine, the rest you can keep."

"And why do you need to have two of our food reservations?" she asked...nicely.

"Because a soon to be Discord kingdom is no kingdom without any pony around to enjoy it. Plus, some company would be nice," Discord reasonably answered.

"Hm, very well; it's not like there's anything I can do to stop you. Having something to cure our hunger for love permanently makes these ponies a silly joke of a resource. Be sure you actually bring it though. You wouldn't want my children to starve do you, Discord, dear?"

"Yea, yea, I'll bring it in a few days, just leave me please."

Chrysalis ordered every changeling in the room to carry the cocoons out through the window. As they did Discord generously cleared his chocolate rain. Nightmare observed the contemptuous green slit eyes pouring into his own three. Each passing second, they narrowed further and further.

"What about him?" Chrysalis eased her intense gaze a bit but kept a glare.

Discord looked up in thought. "Hm, well I suppose I could keep him in chaos chains until the end of Equestria's days. It's not like he'll break free because my own made chains serves as a great magic blocker. Meaning no more power gain from the negative energy living beings like us release, right?" he turned to Nightmare. "You nasty horned devil you."

Turning back, Chrysalis had left the room in a flash out a window. "Leaving without a thank you," Discord muttered under his breath. "Better give me a nice thanks when I get to your hive, Chrissy."

Using his claws, he dug and ripped open the two pods. They exploded in a massive heap of green goo, waking the CMCs.

"Okay you, my friend presumably wants you behind bars as he continues his journey so I'm afraid that's exactly what I must do," Discord said firmly.

Nightmare relaxed his crazed self, now serious with the chaos creature opposing him. "You think that boy, Samuel, is your friend? Ha! Foolish creature. You may see him as a friend and possibly the key to the chaos you have ever dreamed of. But when a man obtains power and control over something or someone, they tend to abuse that power." the demon remarked on mankind.

Discord's body flinched. "When did you learn how to talk smart?"

Nightmare continued, ignoring the question. "Do you really know him well? What if his true intentions were to make every pony live in an endless hell of suffering. Can't you see yourself as a pawn for his unlimited power. I will bring a painless death to this world rather than suffering. All I need is your hel-" a chain came around the neck, closing off the letter P.

"Bleh," Discord stuck his tongue out. "No wonder Sam dislikes you; you talk tooooooooooooooo much!"

More chains hunched and squeezed Nightmare as Discord teleported the demon out. He smiled, then felt a hoof gently tapping his tail. "Discord?" a cute voice greeted him behind.

"Ah, you're awake!" Discord says turning to see the CMCs now free from the pods.

"Where are we?" Scootaloo gazes around seeing past wreckage of wreckage. "Woah, what a mess. Did Rainbow Dash crash here because she's so cool and awesome?!"

"No, it was me who-"

"Ew! What is this sticky green glob of slime? My big sister better not see me covered in this or she'll no doubt freak out," Sweetie Belle complained.

"Hey, can you all just calm down for one miserly-"

"Who's this pony?" Applebloom debriefs, realizing she and her friends weren't the only ponies saved by Discord. She observed the unicorn while Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo ignored Discord for the third or fourth time, about to make him snap both metaphorically and literally.

"Blue fur, magic wand for a cutie mark, and a wizard outfit!" Applebloom gasps. "Girls! This is the Great and Powerful Trixie!" Applebloom waited for them to respond, but no answer until a loud voice popped away.

Discord rages himself out, "QUIET ALL OF YOU!" His yell followed into Trixie's ears waking her from what seemed to be an eternal peaceful sleep.

She busted her eyelids open, her face boiling in anger. "Who dares awaken the Great and Powerful Trixie!" Trixie attentively stared at Discord who wasn't in a great mood. Slightly raising her muzzle, she almost got a chance on letting out a nasty attitude before Discord wrapped magic pieces of tape on separate mouths including Trixie's.

"Listen to me." Discord looked them down, pointing a controlling finger. "You ponies are here to accompany me. Whether you like it or not, you're going to do whatever I desire!"

Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle nodded. Trixie on the other hoof rolled her eyes. Without a free mouth she talked in her head. 'Ugh, whatever, dad.'


"I did it!" Lyra gladly said to herself. A large crowd of ponies including the two sisters who controlled the sun and moon applauded Lyra Heartstrings. She magically lifted the Coke bottle and strangely held it in her right hoof. Without a word Lyra waved a hoof goodbye as a portal from the fabrics of space expanded beyond her size, consuming her whole body like a black hole.

"Wh-Wha?! Where'd she go?!" a civilian in a muddled state asked. Expected by the princesses, the rest of their subjects followed along, giving out cries and gasps in the air, resulting in the most anxious moment in Ponyville history. The princesses figured nothing, even the royal Canterlot voice could stop this loud madness. Luna walked around annoyed, considering using a silencing spell. Celestia shifted her attention away from the distracting noise to her younger sister.

She quickly ran up to Luna to cast a spell to dispel Luna's spell. Celestia received a nasty glare from her sister.

"Sister please," Celestia spoke softly, her face now tender. "We need to remain calm, everything will be fine in the end I assure you."

Luna didn't take that statement well, as she spilled her mild resentment."Remain calm?! How can some pony remain calm at a time like this, Celestia?! Cadance is out there with Sombra, who presumably is alive, and you expect us not to panic?! And it's insensible to me how that traitor lived among us throughout these years!"

"Traitor?"

"The unicorn who vanished; her name, I am not sure of. Twas a thousand years ago since my knowledge never lacked experience. I knew everyponys' name, I knew every spell there was; now everything has changed, sister," a tear ran down Luna's cheek. Celestia hugged her sister with cuddly wings. "Do I deserve to continue living in a world that doesn't contribute to the ways of old?"

"No, Luna, do not speak such misconceptions. I am here for your every need, and I, the princess of the sun, am in need of your power and skills."

Luna's expression brightened, another tear running down her other cheek. Love filled the air, its presence giving a calm atmospheric feeling towards hundreds of bewildered ponies. "Also, the unicorn you mention is not a traitor, more so our ally," Celestia corrected. "We also have no time to help Cadance, I can send the crystal ponies back to the empire in hopes of finding her there. But we must keep our main priorities in our civilization. Chrysalis and her army will stop at nothing to devour our love."

"How do you suppose we defend? Haven't we tried everything. Our subjects are clearly not in the position of fighting," Luna said truthfully.

Celestia frowned, taking a frustrating breath. Her lips squeezed once something loud banged into everyponys' ears. Blue smoke fizzled the air pressurizing all of Ponyville to be silent and curious. "H-hey, is any pony there?" Twilight asked out of the smoke, rubbing her eyes after the long faint.

"Twilight, my dear student!" Celestia teleported inches closer to her number one. She hauled Twilight by the neck bone, rubbing her cheek softly while also excitedly next to Twilight's cheek.

"Celestia!" Twilight tried to push her away, "you're hurting me."

"Oh, my apologies," the princess awkwardly released Twilight. After being Twilight's teacher since she was a little filly, Celestia would have trouble controlling any strong emotion if anything were to happen to Twilight.

"Where's Sombra?" Twilight couldn't find any pony to glare at as she found only peace in her little search for war. "How long was I out?"

"Not for long," a grey pegasus stated, butting into the conversation. Her eyes made it seem like a bat or something slammed on her face in the past. "The crystal war lasted about 10 hourzzzz- no wait! I mean, 10 minutezzzz! Yeah! 10 minutes."

Twilight refused to take Derpy seriously. Celestia and Luna giggled while the crowd behind them gave mini speeches amongst themselves.

"Tehehe. Lyra Heartstrings made sure that mean king would fly away. Now it's all up to the... uh... oh, the human! The human shall come and save the day she says!"

"Human?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah! You know, the creature with two legs that stole the elements of harmony back in Canterlot. That's a human. He's still alive and kicking like Lyra said."

"Oh yea. The monster responsible for the death of my brother huh," Twilight furiously glared off to the Everfree Forest. "Wait, hold on! That's the type of creature Lyra was babbling on about this whole time?"

Derpy nodded.

"Huh? I'm surprised Discord hasn't shown himself yet. The... human, fought alongside him after all. I remember me, Spike, and Rarity encountered the draconequs first hoof while venturing into the Everfree."

Celestia made a puzzled look. "What about the rest of your friends? I assigned all seven of you into the Everfree to investigate the incident."

Twilight gave Celestia a similar face. "The rest of my friends? There were only three of us that went."

"Twilight?" Celestia stared her student down as if she were lying. She knew her friends had gone missing. But the first time Twilight told her that was when she mentioned all of her friends. Twilight was too loyal to lie, and Celestia couldn't find a single tinge of lie on Twilight's face.

"Hm. Luna, would you please analyze my student's mind, I feel like something is off. I will begin questioning the pegasus for more answers."

Luna gazed at Twilight. She took two hoof steps forward as Twilight took one hoof step back, cowering.

"You're not in trouble little one. I am merely inflicting a nice brain scan spell like a harmless checkup," Luna reassured.

Between Celestia and Derpy, Derpy happily flapped her wings, feeding Celestia with little, but important knowledge. Little was known about the human, unfortunately.

"And you say your unicorn friend traveled to another world to assist the human?" Celestia asked to ensure.

Derpy replied with a fast nod, "Lyra told me Sombra will be taken care of. So, he's now out of Equestria's worries, I hope."

"Well then, I guess sending the crystal ponies back to the empire wouldn't harm us or them. The storm of snow even fades as we speak," Celestia gazed at Derpy, creating an idea inside her head. "Say, why don't you join the royal guard. I will even have my best blacksmiths working on an armor fit for you, as thanks for freeing me from Sombra's control."

Derpy's eyes shined. A mouth wide open with a tongue wiggling. From those messed up eyes, Celestia's neck was seen as an ice pop that deserved a licking on its thinning's. "I'd love too! But...what about delivering mail? Doesn't every pony need mail?"

Celestia briefly paused, then pushed it aside with a few words. "I'll have some pony take your place."

Derpy wore a sad expression for a short period of time; Celestia's talk about royal guard duties and privileges shortly changed Derpy's mood quickly. "Wow! When do I sign up, princess?"

"You can-"

"Sister..." Luna trotted in. Celestia turned away from the grey flyer, giving her undivided attention. "I have come to the conclusion that your student, Twilight, I believe, is suffering from a magical memory loss. Her horn is in a stable condition, though I fear it's the cause of her strange behavior. Seems the wild surge of magic she overly misused lead to this terrible condition of hers."

"Is there anything we can do?"

Luna blinked in thought. "Nay. I did find a memory that had been restored after the passing of time; as for the rest...patience is required for Twilight's full recovery."

Twilight apprehensively sweated on the inside. Luckily Derpy happened to know how to pleasantly tranquil some pony facing anxiety. The pegasus grabbed Twilight by the wing, wrapping a hoof to the back of her neck, and the other hoof pressing down softly to the front.

Twilight blushed. "Thank you Derpy. I really need to stop worrying about the little things like it's the end of the world or something."

'Actually the end of the world could be at steak,' both sisters thought.

When they finished wrapping up, Celestia ordered some guards to take away all the crystal ponies back to the unrestrained empire. Her next orders were to clean up the snow left by the past blizzard. The citizens frowned and it worsened when a clean up team including mayor mare agreed to give a compulsory cleaning service. And plow shovels weren't about to cut it; maybe for the ground, but not for the snow lingering on top of several disfigurement rooftops.

"So...sister, what now? What to do about the end of the world." Luna asked heedfully.

Celestia gazed off to the northern skies, pondering her enjoyment in its beauty and signs. "Now? Ha! Isn't it obvious?!" Celestia turned back intensively her face in an insane looking state. Seeing Celestia's change of mood, Luna loathsomely backed her head. The princess of the night was scared without a glare. "We take back Canterlot!" Celestia finished showing a vengeful grin.


Sam woke up gasping for air. He regains control of his body after a bit of focus. He didn't remember how the fight ended, but he considered it to be a valiant effort. Sun shining above he saw three shadows leading towards three ponies like a shadowy path. The path of shadow followed with small sparks of light similar to a star in the night sky. He knew though that it was only how the flooring in the empire works.

He slapped his head two to three times so he could get a move on. He put an arm above the eyes, covering a blinding pain. Closer and closer, he saw Cadance and Sombra having a conservation like it was a normal HAPPY morning. Sad, isn't it? Now a days Sam never usually has any of those mornings.

"Ah, man, so did the reform spell work or what?" he made an entrance using a yawn and a nice wave. "Hey, Sombra, you look different. Not so... shadowy anymore," he pointed out.

Unexpectedly Sombra looked at him as if there were something fishy about Sam's presence. "What is your deal, boy?"

"Huh? My deal?" Sam glanced over at Cadance, then Sunburst, and once again Sombra. His nervous system turning tense, "I don't typically make deals with other peopl- I mean, ponies."

Sombra held a hoof up and shook it. "No, I'm asking you why. Why did you bring it here? Aren't you the one responsible for its appearance."

By the look in Sam's face Cadance saw his disappointment in her. Sunburst didn't decide to interfere once so ever, knowing this was a bit personal. 'Seriously! I told her not to spill anything out on any pony else. To make things worse, after all we've been through together, she still persists a distrustful feeling.'

"If it wasn't for my existence, you all wouldn't be here existing yourselves; that's exactly what IT, the monster you refer to says at least. What happened? Did he come to say hello for being a dark entity, Sombra? Because you sound like you're looking for some revenge."

"Yes, actually. I am seeking revenge all because of hidden treachery. Because of our connection, I saw what truly lay within his heart. Nothing but darkness. That spell... showed me a path of happiness. It showed me my wrongdoings."

Sam eyed him a bit suspiciously, thinking it was far fetched for some king who wanted all of Equestria now deciding to change into a kind, caring king. "Huh? I didn't know reforming spells had such a great impact on some pony's free will. Eh, whatever, who am I to judge?" he shrugged.

A peaceful silence and a slight smile from the two gave Sam the sense of a pacifying victory. He suddenly noticed a third pony missing until his arm bewaring the gauntlet lifted against control. Sunburst stood close by staring at a vivid blue stone. Instead of jerking his arm away, Sam kindly ignored Sunburst's nosiness. Sam put a finger next to his pointy ear and swiveled it around.

Cadance and Sombra laughed as they hugged. This act caused Sam to go crazy for random stupid future conclusions. "Oh yea, lovebirds, yall are going to get yourselves married and all that stuff, oh yea!"

Cadance rolled her eyes. For once in Sam's life he didn't get a middle finger as a response; not that she could with hooves, but an eye roll isn't much of a mean response.

"Heh, I love this place so much," Sam said, grinning. A change of focus happened as some sound of constant hoof pounding took away the empire's silence. "Do any of you three here that?"

"Sounds like a stampede," Sunburst suggested.

From a far distance they saw hundreds of crystal ponies galloping in steadily. Their hooves brought in a large gust of snow seemingly aggressively. Loud voices rang away sounding more hateful than excited. They were free, about to return to their homes peacefully. Unless... Sombra is who they're after. Sam didn't want any involvement in this fight, since he had already gone through many fights the first week he has survived in this corrupted version of Equestria. He also needed to start getting in the habit of not being some people pleasing guy.

"I think the two of yall can handle that. I got what I came for," Sam gestured to the blue stone of generous space. "If you two lovers need me, run over and I'll be generous enough to create an escape."

A tear of joy nearly fell out of Cadance's left eye. "Thank you Sam, and you too, Sunburst. I owe you my gratitude."

Sunburst blushed brushing the back of his mane using a hoof. At the edge of his vision he saw Sam staring expressionlessly. Sunburst awkwardly stared back patiently until Sam finally answered. "You coming or what?"

Sunburst bit his tongue, thinking before saying."Oh, yes! Yes of course! I want to know more about you so here I am to study your, uh species, hehe."

Sam let out a tough breath. "You know, Sunburst, you make me think of some character from a video game I played back in 2016," he talked while walking away from Sombra and Cadance. Sam wasn't the best at describing a personality, but did well in describing looks. He described the character as a yellow reptilian creature who served a king as a royal scientist. Even calling both Sunburst and her a nerd "Eh, sorry, nerd is a bit too offensive. How about I say you both are filled with knowledge. Just being nicer is all."

"I am a very talented reader with no magic skills once so ever," Sunburst murmured. "I used to impress one unicorn friend back when I was a little filly. It's been so long and... I feel awful for abandoning her. After I got my cutie mark things didn't change for the better. Celestia's magic school turned out to be a total let down and what I mean by that is me being a total let down," he sobbed wiping the tears off with his cloak. "I miss her so much."

Sam hesitated, but failed to stop a reckless act of a name call. "Starlight Glimmer?"

"Yes she...................." Sunburst stopped, his head bursting out of thought. Sam felt a little anxiety flood his spine, believing Sunburst would kill him for revealing something private he knew. Sunburst's tone shifted unease. "How do you know-" his voice was cut off by a flinch. The sounds and shakes of an earthquake took place, leaving them speechless. White power beams shot out from the sky, blasting down on land right outside of the empire.

"Now what?!" Sam asked, begging for mercy. Looking up to find whatever source creating those beams, he caught sight of an alicorn floating above. Clearly, he or she was the source, due to their horn emitting strong light energy, polluting the poor sky. Sam couldn't identify them as Celestia or Luna, because of the red mane flying about. For some reason, Sam felt calm about the whole thing, like they were something he should have full respect over. "I've seen that pony before."

Sunburst roughly bumped Sam's shoulder like a small rock. "Come on! Do you always wander off when something big happens every time?!"

"Huh?" Sam blinked a few times while shaking up some sense. He turned to look at Sunburst who was abruptly fearfully frustrated, and maybe a little infuriated.

"Get us both out of here!" he commanded. "The empire is being eaten away by this magical vacuum spell if you haven't realized yet!" the unicorn gestured over all around a now existing gas like consuming field shrinking in size.

"Woah! Where'd that come from?" he looked up then thought of face palming himself. "Oh, right. Well let's hurry out of this world then."

"Out of this world? You mean out of the empire?"

"No I mean out of this world. Because that's where we're heading for the next stone. I don't know how it'll work, but I guess you'll be standing on twos when we're there."

"Twos?" Sunburst felt his hooves leave ground, reminding him of the time he levitated himself when he first obtained his cutie mark. Only this time a blue aura rather than orange enveloped him in mid-air. The unicorn watches Sam's pride carry him over the top. A blue portal formed, expanding in size until it was wide enough for them to pass through. Sunburst landed flat on his muzzle. "Ow! Maybe be a little gentler!" Sunburst groaned painfully.

"Sorry, moody," Sam slowly pulled Sunburst up with a right arm, looking around the room he designated the portal to. Then, with another quick look around it caught Sam's glance. "The mirror!" With a great hope of luck he walked fast and stuck a hand right through magical reflective glass. Something fluffy grabbed his wrist, but that thing wasn't enough to pull his body filled in weight.

"What's so special about that mirror?!" Sunburst questioned in panic.

"Phew. We're lucky, the mirror is active. This mirror is the only gateway I know to another world," Sam's heart rate reduced its increase after the satisfying fluke. If it wasn't active, they would've had no better option but to abandon the empire and start a new search for an alternative gateway. "Get ready Sunburst, this ride may feel like a roller coaster."

Sunburst stopped resisting him and asked, "what is a roller coaster?"

Sam shook his head in disappointment. "You're just like Twilight; some pony who obsesses over books to the point where they ignore many things around them. Heck, Celestia and Luna even rode one. Well... only in season 9 that is."

"Season 9- WAH!" his screaming worsened after Sam jerked him into a revolving rainbow. A body stretch massage wasn't what Sunburst needed at all, especially being spun around like a wet noodle. Sam for some reason seemingly was enjoying the ride despite its intensity.

By now they've in all probability spun in a full circle ten times already. Light shone at the end of the rainbow tunnel full of madness. Sam gave Sunburst a little boost there before diving into the light similar to what he would do in a pool. Normally water clogs the ears after a sweet dive in. This time however, their eyes were clogged by light.

When Sam's field of vision regressed, he jumped up and down. "We made it! Hey, Sunburst are you-" Sam took a full look at Sunburst's body, astonished.

"What?" the unicorn was disoriented after an intense ride, though basic senses such as sight, taste, hear, etc, he still had. Sunburst checked his full body and found nothing out of the ordinary. "Is something wrong with me Sam?"

"No, nothing's wrong, it's just... you're still a pony in this world," he turned to face the front of Canterlot High, there lied a unicorn he perceived unconscious. "Holy molly! There she is, Sunset Shimmer!" Sam trudged his way over with exhausted feet, even taking a heavy breath every two steps. Sam tilted his head, "huh. That was very much unexpected."

"What was?" Sunburst trotted up beside nudging Sam by the shoulder.

Sam put a finger under his chin. "Seems too much of a coincidence for us to come out from the other side as soon as she was about to step in." He sighed. "Do you ever feel there is some godly being watching time itself?"

Sunburst didn't know how to respond. He glances off a bit to the school's windows and finds groups of ponies yelling from the inside. Many were signaling them to enter through the front doors rather than stand and talk. Sam gave a similar glance then it all clicked, but he also thought his mind left him.

"Guess I'll know the interference with time once the time stone sits inside the thumb hole shaped like a balloon. Anyways I doubt you know where we are so let me introduce you, Sunburst, to Canterlot High. A place where alternate human versions of the ponies I know learn and socialize. But from the looks of things, EVERYBODY HERE IS NOW EVERYPONY!" he yelled out loud, possibly obtaining unwanted attention.

Sunburst winced, "ugh! Could you please lower your voice?"

Sam held a finger up. "For a healthy spirit one must be reckless rather than wise. That's why I yell; to free myself!"

Sunset Shimmer twitched in front of the two, her voice piteous. "Wha... who..." she let out a breath before falling insensibly again. Next to her flank covering her cutie mark, was a bag. Sam pulled her fluffy body up by removing the bag.

"Here, carry her saddlebag for me. We need to take her to the nurse or whatever kind of medicare this school has to offer. She may be mean, but she'll sure as heck be a loyal friend later."

"Later? How do you know she'll be our friend LATER? And how do you know HER? Actually a question I forgot to ask you was how do you know my friend STARLIGHT GLIMMER?!"

Sam held the face of his right hand to silence him in the nicest way. "I'll answer all that LATER okay. Because I now know why every pony inside is yelling at us."

Sunburst raised an eyebrow. "Are trying to joke arou-"

"AROUND! TURN AROUND!" Sam interrupted using an easy to follow command.

Sunburst did as told in a haste; eyes now widened due to a massive horde of two-legged monsters behind a mirror statue. The horde growled and moaned taking steps closer. Sunburst found no will to move as fear took over.

"Dang it Sunburst gallop your scared flank off! I'm not about to lose a new close friend with brains," a second later Sam had both arms full each carrying two full sized ponies. With that he ran slowly like being tardy for school. Only panicking for his life rather than being marked tardy or absent from class.

A couple ponies generously opened the school front doors letting Sam into their safe zone. In an instant, the doors slam shut by a yellowish aura, then being barricaded by wood. Banging came from outside; thankfully the doors didn't budge. Sam fell onto his knees then slowly released himself from stress knowing he was safe. "So... dang... tired. Portal... Nightmare... ah," he passed out. This gave Sunburst the opportunity to free himself.

"Wow! Another person who kept their humanity," a pony said. "We should inform principal Celestia we found another!"

"Psh. Whoever this guy is, he should've left Sunset there to die," a stallion commented.

"Flash!" another pony said.

"Now, now everypony- I mean, everybody. He is in serious mental and physical pain right now, and I think it'd be best to call the nurse stat." Lyra suggested, more so demanded.

"You expect nurse Redheart to carry a big guy like him to her office?" Flash rudely asked.

"No, because I will carry him there. After all, I have something that belongs to him." Lyra held the coke bottle in her hoof.