• Published 20th May 2022
  • 786 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Dream Becomes Reality - Tilltheafterlife



A random guy who loves MLP finds himself physically in a dream with the things he appreciates. A dream demon comes out of nowhere and decides to inflict suffering and destruction. In response to the demon's actions, Samuel is forced to play the hero.

  • ...
3
 14
 786

Chapter 14: Horrific Discoveries

"Come on, bring it!" Rainbow Dash challenged, bringing herself up high while casting the bruises aside.

Sam widens his eyes at the horror. A deep cut rested upon Rainbow Dash's back, probably before she landed down at monster grounds, which seemed to be the cause of her wings going stiff for a second every time she flapped them. Obviously she was in pain, and Sam couldn't allow those monsters, especially the flying ones, to land a single sharp claw on her fur.

"What in the world are ya doing?!" Sam shouted from below. "You ain't going to give these nasty sharp tooth heads a taste of the rainbow in your condition, Rainbow Mare!"

The monsters didn't feel threatened by Rainbow's flying approach. Many of them growled, and more sprouted wings to overwhelm the athletic pegasus. Soon, about half had taken the high point. It wasn't quite often that Rainbow Dash's confidence would come crashing down over a challenge. As a matter of fact, challenges, especially ones related to racing and fighting, typically gave her a boost of confidence. But this challenge laid out before her decimated what great confidence she once had inside.

Even Sam could see her low self-esteem many inches away from ground level. Rainbow Dash ignored whatever was begging her to stand down and launched a nice double kick at an enemy's face, making one of many plummet down to their death. At the sight of their fallen kin, the monsters roared in rage at the murdering pegasus and didn't waste any more time to unleash their wrath.

"That's r-right! Come a-at me with all you g-got!" Rainbow yelled nervously, refusing to fly away. Her raised clenched hoof, asking for a fight, showed an ounce of reckless bravery.

Sam knew she needed help and of course wasn't about to let Rarity within the space stone witness her rainbow maned friend's slaughter.

"Sam! Do something! She's going to get herself killed!"

A sudden glow from the stone signaled Rarity's awareness. Apparently Sam could only feel her presence as the young hero faced his left side to run his mouth as if Rarity was standing beside him.

"I can't simply use the element of space to stop them by myself! I need your power and bond with me! Without any of your generous will energy, the element of space is nothing but a useless little blue rock!"

"Skbep beep brep?" Boyfriend does a couple quick puzzled blinks. Is Sam just now picking the worst time to talk to himself during battle? Or is he talking to a ghost? That's what Sunburst thought behind the front line once his horn picked up a strange unicorn reading.

"Goodness!" Sam gave cover over his eyes once they made contact with the sun. It had become exceeding with its brightness and heat that shined across this alternate world. "It's hot as a freak! And I'm not talking about those freaks, because they're not. They're ugly," he insults, but knows those monsters are too brain dead to comprehend those words and feel offended.

Frustration hitting like a rock, the fashionista peddled every part of her magic in creation of a gravitational force that forcefully slammed each flying monster either on marbled cement or grass over Sam's command. Fortunately, around 60-70 percent of those flyers busted their brains or guts on marbled cement at most.

*14 Horriflies eliminated; 210 pp earned.*

The ones that survived returned back to the original form they once were on ground level, to administer a clash on foot. Sam flinched his arm in a tight squeeze to command another gravitational force that disabled all movement and malicious energy. Like Sombra, it took a lot of will out of Sam and Rarity to withhold a dark force this large.

"Boyfriend! Now!" he demanded with gritted teeth.

"Skdoo bapboop be beepaa baaaap be bopo!" Boyfriend beeps, taking in a deep breath out loud and releasing his inner lungs to form a sound wave directed to the monsters.

Rainbow Dash quickly flew down to glare at Sam as if he were a monster fighting off her monsters. "Hey! Leave these guys to me you hairless a-"

"BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!"

Sound waves like no other, inflicted pain on their ears with a temporary deaf effect. It's insane how one little guy has potential in outmatching any loud high pitched sound meant for shattering one's ears. Funny enough Sam's hearing wasn't shattered as he felt his ears releasing from their numb state. What was shattered, however, were CHS's windows from above.

Sunburst had to take cover under his cloak from a heap of falling glass. He was relieved none had struck him, and things only got better for his and Equestria's sake after he uncovered himself and noticed a pile of headless rotten corpses. A few drops of red colored rain poured down for a few seconds along with sharp bones the size of monster teeth landing like tiny pebbles.

"Wh-wha?!" Rainbow Dash's jaw dropped as her wings enclosed themselves, a slight feeling of danger prickling on her fighting mood. Her face resembled a lit emotional firecracker reaching its exploding peak in just a matter of seconds. Out of everyone participating in this fight, the small one finished the job.

Sam wasn't struggling anymore, the pegasus undergoing the CRYSTEM process was in utter shock just like Sunburst, and Sunset Shimmer awoke with a groan after BF forced her awake unknowingly.

"Well, look at that. Here I was scared out of my socks thinking I'd have to play the fallen hero to save everyone's tails," Sam patted BF nicely on his red cap. BF as always would respond with a beep no matter what word or action Sam implemented. The only difference was BF's tone, as his beeps would drop to a heavy low-pitched sound as a reaction to negativity and would rise to a light high-pitched sound over positiveness. "Thanks Boyfriend. You're a real big help."

Aw gosh, this dream keeps getting weirder and weirder. I wonder what other video game fantasy characters I'll see. Just gotta pray they'll be on my side and not Nightmare's. It's sad I don't know the dang demon's weakness yet. If only someone knew a better way to defeat him. For crying out loud my life is on the line!

After his little cavil thinking, he noticed a hoof being pressed against his side. He didn't even bother facing the mare who was frantically pushing him in a very rude way to acknowledge her. Sam pushed his irritation aside and tried sweet talking for once. After all, fire can only be relinquished by water. So maybe the same could apply for saltiness destroyed by sweetness.

"Okay freak. I don't know who you are or where I am, but I will tell you this straight, so you better listen to me!" Rainbow had her personal face and mouth merely inches away from the mysterious freak killing culprit, that she'd no doubt throw hooves on if she sensed any hostility. "I saw what you and your little buddy did to those other freaks and I'll say that was...awesome. But not as awesome as me!" she yelled ignoring the harsh reality of what happened moments earlier.

It wasn't awesome seeing you attempt to fight them all by yourself for the sake of your own coolness, but I'll keep my mouth on a nice level for you.

"Yea you were pretty awesome up there yourself Rainbow D- uh, Rainbow Dodger," Sam finished with a name he came up with quickly, trying to avoid spitting out her actual name.

Sourness flooded her expression. "I'm sorry, what? That's not my name. If you're making fun of me because there's a problem between you and me, then you need to spit it right at me in the face!"

Sam knew Rainbow Dash's competitive side, and knew an aggression spike would surge out of her if anything she felt from a stranger was suspicious or downright censure. But of course there are times where he acts before thinking. So, he'll just have to slowly nice his way out.

"Oh no, there's no problem," he gently waved both hands side to side. "Rainbow Dodger is one of those cool nicknames I like to make. It's not supposed to be insulting. I like the fact that your hair is a rainbow color and your whole body is a blue dodger," he commented with a friendly smile.

"From my standpoint, I think my flying friend would look much more glamorous in a dress," Rarity butted into Sam's head, addressing her picky feelings about looks. The stone merged with Sam's gauntlet had made a nice glow once more, but no pony noticed except Sam.

"But...why?" her tone changes to something more calm while still keeping her face close to Sam's.

"Well, it's because I'm a very visual person. I look at some pony's or some creature's appearance and expressions to determine whether they're personally for me to interact with, or if they're not for me. You seem like the cool and awesome type who deserves respect from others."

Rainbow let out a short chuckle. "Heh, well, I am well respected by Ponyville for clearing the clouds. And I have earned some respect from the Wonderbolts."

"..." Sam gave thought while trying to stop himself from overthinking this conversation. "Ponyville? I've never heard of that place. And who are the Wonderbolts?" he falsely questioned. He did know, and lied to prevent any suspicion of knowing something an outsider of Equestria wouldn't know. Sam needed to sound ignorant, weak, and humble. He figured that an act of powerlessness would be the best way to get on Rainbow Dash's good side.

A great shock wiggled like a slimy worm on Rainbow's sensitive spine. She nearly blew out tons of surprised questions before her head reminded her that where she now flies isn't her home, and whoever this creature is has no clue of what she's talking about. She shook her head sternly, taking on a much more serious tone. "Okay, enough small talk. Who are you? Where am I? And who are these ponies?" she glanced over at Sunburst and Sunset.

Sam smiled triumphant. Rainbow's emotions weren't getting the best of her anymore. "The name's Sam, and I had come here with this little fella over here," Sam pointed to Boyfriend using his thumb. "To clear the monster problem this school was having. The little guy may be little, but his beeps are one of the deadliest sounds to one's ears. As you can see the undead has a problem with intense rap, considering how their heads exploded after making contact with a single loud beep."

"Sam, huh? I don't think I can trust a. . . whatever you are like you," Rainbow tapped him by the tip of her hoof.

"Human; that's what I am. I am also friend and not foe. You'll get used to different appearances the longer you stay with weird looking friendly individuals."

"Who in Equestria said we were friends? I fight weird creatures like you almost everyday. And no creature out of pony civilization no matter how harmless will ever be my friend."

Sam raised an eyebrow astonished. A specific griffon close to Rainbow Dash popped up in his head within a milisecond after her statement. "No creature eh? Not even a cute little baby dragon or a super close to awesome as you griffon?"

"Not ever!" Rainbow affirmed.

"What about me? If I take you in with an explanation and agree to help you return home, then will you? Believe it or not I too am in need of help, your help specifically," Sam reasoned.

"You need my help?" Rainbow Dash stared at him from head to toe, observing his hardened beefy arms, and his over-sized boiled egg head. "Are you sure? You seem tough."

Sam shook his head. "I'm only tough enough to live my life independently and peacefully. There's a great danger hunting me down and if I don't prepare or find all the help I can get from ponies like you, well. . . I'm dead meat. And everypony in Equestria will also be horse meat if this threat has its way."

With his reasoning on point Rainbow Dash eventually accepted his trust, though she still kept a glare, assuring that she'd be ready for any sort of backstabbing if there were any. Before heading back in, Sam recommended Rainbow Dash to spill her questions on Sunburst and Sunset and to save any remaining ones for himself later.

"My, my, aren't we lazy?" Rarity added after Sam used a bit of her magic through the element of space to create another portal. It expanded in size, then engulfed every pony. They were now inside CHS without a moments notice.

'I've known about that for a long time, Rarity. I'm always lazy at some point each day,' Sam's voice softened.

"Tell me about yourself, Sam," she commanded without expectation for Sam to listen.

'Thought I already did? I told you before I'm a guy saving your land and your friends from the end of it all.'

"Yes, but there certainly has to be a good reason why you're doing this for us. If you had absolutely no clue why, then why even bother saving us?"

Sam fell silent for a moment. 'Just...because.'

"Just because?" she kept on. "That is not an acceptable answer! In fact, that answer isn't even an answer I believe."

'Look, I'm too lazy-'

"Lazy for what? To answer a lady's questions?"

'Yea. You'd get answers if you were my mom, but because you are not I'm not going to answer anything against my will. Because I don't like it when others know about my specific goals.'

"Did your mother ever teach you manners? The importance of respect?"

'Yea, she 100% made sure she did. But I'm only respectful whenever I feel like being respectful.'

"..." Rarity hit a sharp needle of disappointment. "Ugh, have it your way Sam. You have my other friends to save and explain to anyways. I will be patient. But just know this, I demand answers near the end of your quest!"

'Sure. No problem,' he said agreeing, suddenly noticing everypony around him frozen in time. 'Uh, what's going on? Why is no pony moving?'

"Oh, that's only a spell I cast so I can have a little chat with you. It's purpose is to get rid of most energy from objects and living things in our surrounding space."

Sam stared at the stone emitting Rarity's presence. 'You do know no pony else can hear you, right? Only I can.'

"I know that, but I wouldn't want a hero and friend of mine to suffer humiliation for staring off into space. It's what you're doing now as we talk," she stated in a caring manner. After a few seconds, the spell disengaged and every pony reentered the natural laws of time and space.

"What the?!" Rainbow Dash said, remaining above ground in shock. "How do you keep doing that?!"

"Doing what?" Sam raises his gauntlet and creates another portal. It devoured only him entirely and sent him behind Rainbow Dash once it reopened to said location. The pegasus turned around and screamed. "This?"

"YES! THAT!" Rainbow Dash bellowed.

Sam squinted. He wasn't trying to scare her in any way. Then again, sneaking behind someone very close isn't very comforting. Her wings were now flapping in a more vicious pattern along with her front hooves held up in self defense. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I was just making sure."

"You better be sorry! Do it again and I'll knock you all the way to Cloudsdale!" she threatened.

Geez, earning her loyalty is gonna be a lot harder than I thought. Well, I'll worry about that later. I need to look on the brighter side. Let's see, I got my stone including Rarity's spiritual presence, Boyfriend somehow exists in this dream and is on my side now, I saved Rainbow Dash who in return will become the next stone with my own patience, I managed to reform Sunset Shimmer, and Lyra Heartstrings is- ...one of my favorite ponies I just left at the auditorium!

Sam felt his heart attack him with guilt. There was no denying how selfish it was to just leave her there without a word. After all the motivation Lyra gave, it felt wrong taking the stone as a prize of victory without any sort of thank you in return. However, his head told him that it was an emergency situation, that he could reason things out while including a bit of sweet lies.

I have to find her! And I also need to find some way to stop this heat! Dang, it's like when school is secretly a giant oven and suddenly turns on present day!

The sudden nice cool breeze passing by their bodies felt comforting and welcoming. Whoever turned the AC to its max must've been sweating like a sick dog all thanks to the harsh heat outside. Sam, Boyfriend, and everypony else out there witnessed it first hoof.

Their tongues had a dryness that gave exigent demands for water of any type. Even inside they still were in contact with the sun's heat. And it was getting hotter since most of the heat trapped itself inside CHS. Funny enough while also not, there wasn't a water fountain in sight. What kind of high school this big and awesome wouldn't have any fountains in place? Sam nearly lost his mind thinking he'd have to endure through dehydration. Luckily, Lyra Heartstrings, who was prancing the halls after Sam's inconsiderate self left her in the auditorium, stopped right in front of them.

"Sam... don't leave me like that again!" Lyra puffed and wheezed.

"My bad. I just had to test my stone out again. The power surge it gives you when you connect to it will make you go hyper. And like my anger I suffer a LOT more from holding it in, than pouring it out," Sam moved his arms and hands in motion to express an explained apology.

"I most certainly agree. It's like eating Pinkie's most sugariest cake ever. With so much energy, I can't even think straight. Then I lose control and transition from a lady into a tom boy who has no self control once so ever!" Rarity's saying once again gives Sam extra company while still not reaching any pony else.

"Ah forget it," Lyra took a breath. "Anyways, I met Principle Celestia in the auditorium after you left me and Flash alone. She said she wanted to meet with you again and wanted to meet the new pony."

"Who? Rainbow Dodger? And why meet again?" he questioned, feeling relieved Lyra wasn't taking things so hard.

"Uh, my name's Rainbow Dash. Get it right!" Rainbow Dash corrected in a not so nice way, while also receiving several eyes from Sunburst, Sunset Shimmer, and Sam for a moment. "And quite staring at me! It freaks me out!"

Sunburst continued staring in amazement while the others stopped. He of course got a disgusted look from Rainbow, but because of this observational craving he needed to satisfy, he didn't stop there. Truth be told, he was a weirdo at times.

Sam shook off that embarrassment and returned to Lyra.

"Not sure exactly why. It has something to do with the monsters outside. Apparently more have gathered at the front of CHS as we speak," Lyra said.

"What?!" Sam had a little reaction. "There's more of them?"

"Apparently."

"Ah you got to be kidding me. Lyra, where's the vending machine in this school, or do they even OWN a vending machine?"

Lyra became puzzled. "It's...near the staircase to the left."

"Good, thanks," Sam picked up his feet and jogged his way there. As he did, he gave out a command to Lyra, Sunset, and Sunburst who were all watching him. "Take care of Rainbow Dash for me!"

"Hey! Wait you- oh my Celestia he leaves me again!" Lyra slammed a hoof. "And I had just caught up with him too!"

"Don't worry Lyra," Sunset Shimmer patted her from behind. "He'll come around, just as I did to friendship."

Lyra slowly faced Sunset and asked, "What do you mean he'll come around?"


*Disorderlot*

Discord's fine servants never did fail to appease him. It wasn't that he needed help; he just wanted others like them to understand the glory of being a part of chaos. The little ones helped redecorate the castle using their new enchantments Discord freely gave away. Scootaloo was given the ability to fly and to change rain clouds to pour something else other than plain water. Sweetie Belle could now bring inanimate objects to life with a little magic blast from her horn. And Apple Bloom had no way of stopping herself from touching every living plant, then watching them die by the touch of her own hooves in the Canterlot gardens.

Sadly for Trixie she had to spend an hour straight entertaining Discord while he sat on the throne repairing a phone. Trixie didn't really receive a magical enhancement as she forces herself to dance like a clown. As punishment for being a brat, Discord cursed her, making it so that if she didn't do anything to make him laugh she'd receive an itch inside and out. It wasn't a typical itch that could be scratched off for relief. Dancing and falling like a stupid unprofessional mare was the best solution for relief as the itch wouldn't end without Discord's satisfaction.

'Curse you Discord! I swear I'll get you back for this!' Trixie's thoughts distracted her from seeing a banana peel that had caused her to slip and fall with a loud thump. Where did it come from? Trixie noticed the roof of the castle missing while she laid in a miserable state on a purple carpet that was once red. The skies were visible from above, as was a now flying Scootaloo.

"Sorry Great and Powerful Trixie!" Scootaloo called out. "Well, actually, I believe it's the Terrible and Powerless Trixie I'm speaking to!"

Trixie gritted her teeth. Being made fun of was the last thing she would want in her life as a magician.

"How dare you insult me you foal!" Trixie yelled.

"How dare I?" Scootaloo smirked as she bucked a normal white cloud. It turned yellow within a few seconds and similar to all the other yellow clouds it rained more banana peels with one landing on Trixie's face. "How dare you interrupt me at work! Gosh. This is way more fun than cleaning gum off of desks in a boring classroom."

Before Trixie could say anything back, another itch ran through her whole body once more. She couldn't help but to stand on two hooves and dance again. She at first felt lazy and tired laying down, but with an urge like no other, her mind would release all the energy it can muster to easily get her back into an embarrassing energetic state for Discord's pleasure.

"That's it little ponies! Keep doing what you're doing," Discord wiped a little bitty tear off his left eye. "Oh, I've never had any pony on my side in eons! Sure they are just fillies, and the only grown mare on my side hates me, but better than being. . .alone," Discord felt something eerie strike him somewhere inside.

Trixie's dancing and obvious fake acts of silliness was now no longer making Discord feel any better. Thus, he snapped away the curse, but demanded for her to stay put.

"Now what? This isn't a trick is it?" Trixie asked. "Because if it is-"

"I will curse you with something worse if you don't keep quiet," Discord cut her off with a sudden menacing look on his face. "As you may have heard, someone has me a bit fixated at the moment. I'd very much appreciate it if you kept the hate boiling inside you a little more...to yourself. I have no patience to wait for some pony or something to fix itself for me."

Discord looked upwards to ponder about himself as he magically repaired the phone by twisting and turning a magical screwdriver. "Well, honestly I have been patient in the past. Especially the one time where I was forced to be patient in stone for thousands of years. It's funny how I still have some left. I'm a being of chaos after all," he muttered to himself and Trixie, if she was even listening.

"Hey, Discord!"

The Lord of Chaos took notice of the small little unicorn who appeared just beyond the front entrance. After a glance at the phone, and Sweetie Belle's horn, Discord leaned down. His one and only talon tapped a part of his throne, and his paw now rested underneath his chin after setting the contact device down.

Sweetie Belle slowly trotted near, desperately willing to inform Discord about something... potentially bad. Trixie rolled her eyes as she slid out of Sweetie's way, getting a tongue stuck out at her from Sweetie. Trixie's angered expression was utterly ignored; Sweetie Belle had now put her eyes on Discord with great respect. From Trixie's perspective, they were both like father and daughter, and she could feel a relationship building up just by the way they interact.

'Shesh! The Great and Powerful Trixie wonders what happened to those three little fillies. They never were this assertive towards me. Maybe Discord did something more to them than just magical improvements!' Trixie assumed.

A flash of green grabbed Trixie's attention, and an accomplished Sweetie Belle seen deforming the last flowing bit of magic from her horn. Thanks to whatever spell, the phone was now in fully working condition.

"Well done Sweetie. You really are a sweetie," Discord complimented with a gentle pat.

"Thanks Discord, but there's something I need to tell you," Sweetie Belle sat down letting Discord know she wasn't about to leave without a mouth to mouth session.

"Oh, what is it now? Don't tell me it's about your home. I thought we already agreed that there's no going back on our deal. Remember, I keep you safe in this castle away from those love sucking bugs, and in return you SERVE under my throne."

Sweetie Belle shook her head, "It's not that! It's well...it sort of is. You said a war was taking place right?"

"I did. Why do you ask?" his tone sounded more serious.

"Eh, I kind of improved a telescope with the magic you gave me and..." she paused.

"And what?" he said impatiently. "I have a phone call to make. Something I don't usually do. Spit it out!"

Sweetie Belle breathed in and released a jumble of words, "Discord, I think they're coming after you because they believe you started the war!"

"Who's they?" he asked, phone held in claw next to his ear.

"Ponies! Hundreds of them!" Sweetie described them as one of the largest mobs she had ever seen in her filly hood. She also portrayed them as zombies holding pitchforks and torches like any crazy mob she saw. From afar, at their rate of marching speed, they would approximately reach Discorderlot within five minutes. What concerned Sweetie Belle more was an improved golden armor set on the guards along with flaming swords the unicorns held. And finally, worst for last, she saw Celestia at the very front, and she definitely wore no smile. It wasn't even a disappointing frown; Celestia's wrathful expression reassembled the raging flame aura surrounding her body.

"Huh. I've seen the princess mad before. Though if you say she's boiling like a volcano on the inside then..." he started dialing without much care. "Try to hold them off as nicely as you can. If they don't play nice back, just know I am here. Tell your friends about it too, that's an order. I seriously need to have a little chat with someone right now."

Sweetie Belle sighed. "Yes, Discord."

"Good girl, now shoo!" he waved his claw. Within minutes after she left, Discord waited as the phone rang and rang for a pick up. Trixie stared at him in an obnoxious way, then shrugged and went to sleep, knowing Discord desires nothing from her poor self for now.

Thankfully, for order's sake, Discord didn't lose himself entirely after fifteen seconds had passed. Because one man on the other side of a magical phone signal took the call.


"Dang, I have no clue what these drinks are. There ain't no Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, nothing I'm used to!" Sam ranted near the beverage vending machine. "Whatever, there's always a point in my life where I must try new things."

A plastic bottle containing a certain brown mixed with orange type of soda caught Sam's eye. Realizing his pockets were plump out of bits or money for that matter, he decided to take a more reckless approach. A loud bang echoed through and through whilst pieces of glass flew across an upwards stairwell as Sam went on a binge. Having a taste of cold apple soda especially when sweating himself out quenched his thirst and formed a craving.

He lifted a filled bottle that fell out with a bare hand, twisted its cap off allowing it to sizzle, then chugged its liquid substance greedily. He didn't care about the consequences of a little vandalism and minor theft. The place was scorching hot, so he couldn't blame himself for smashing the poor beverage machine. At minimum, a whopping 100 degrees fahrenheit could best describe what the outside air felt like.

When he didn't stop on one and finished his third drink, tingles vexed his throat similar to a load of pop rocks. He accidentally fell down like a drunken man due to such a distracting sensation. It stung a little, but occurred rapidly. Sam coughed and returned in a straight up standing position, shaking away his thoughts and feelings temporarily.

Now that he helped himself, it was time to help other ponies too.

"Alright now-"

*Familiar ringtone music*

Sam paused, stared off into space, and curiously dug into his pockets to find the source. It was a phone, colored purple on one side and white on the other side. Knowing its ringtone by heart from a game he played years ago on a 3ds, he became astonished that it wasn't a DS. When he answered the call his astonishment rose even further.

"Hello?" Sam kept his voice tidy to sound as welcoming as possible to his caller.

"SAMUEL!" a voice spat, spit literally passing through the phone to Sam's ear. "Would you care to explain?!"

A pain of fear and guilt hit Sam hard inside after hearing the voice; Discord's voice.

"D-Discord! Uhhhhh- Wassup mate! How ya been?" Sam replied in a friendly manner in an obvious attempt to change Discord's subject.

"How have I been?! I've been bored out of my tail after I finished remaking Canterlot! What about YOU. If I recall correctly you said: oh Discord please oh please I'm on a happy taffy quest in search of Rainbow stones. The first one is located at the Frozen North. Teleport me there and I'll be back in a few hours. That's what you said is it not?"

"Yeeeeaaaa, about that. I got the stone like I said I would but-"

"BUT WHAT?!" Discord cut him off. "When you say a few hours, you mean a few days! I'm glad I came prepared and secretly gave you a contact device as I sent you there. Gah! I should've followed you. Wherever you are now is a strapping reason this conversation is being held on this hunk of junk."

"Look, I'm sorry. So much was happening and I didn't have time to think. I'm now in a different world searching for the second stone on the list. I don't know when I'll be back."

"Be back soon. Things in Equestria are starting to get a little out of hoof since you left. And I can assure you it's not because of me," Discord muttered, avoiding himself from being accused.

"What do you mean out of hoof? What's going on?" Sam asked, hand shacking uncontrollably. And Discord noticed his voice becoming brittle.

"It's only been a few days since I last saw you, but what SURPRISES me is how Equestria is descending into a dark era once more. While you were gone I've been checking around and about, not just sitting on a throne watching my chaos spread. I find there to be WAR. An incredible amount taking place."

"War? How? Sombra and his crystal army have already been dealt with. The king is even reformed away from his evil dark ways. And the Crystal Empire...I don't know what happened to it, but it's gone..."

"This isn't about the Crystal War. I know it happened, and I know it's over. I may never be around big events, however I have many eyes no pony can see. I can spot and sense every magical imbalance and every mood swings whether good or bad," Discord claimed in a cold tone. For once, he sounded serious. "More wars are beginning. And it's not just the ponies who are at war."

"Then... can't you stop them from destroying themselves? I mean you are the Lord of-"

"Chaos, I know!" Discord blurts out. "I COULD stop these extremely bitter incidents. But... aren't we FORGETTING someone worth mentioning? Someone who feeds off negative energy? You did beg me to send you away in a HASTE for a good reason; the reason: fear. You fear this individual creature, and so do I."

"............." Sam had a habit of staying silent whenever his negative thoughts and temptations started pulling him by the silly strings. He sadly couldn't help his thoughts since they were passive; stopping those thoughts from becoming words and hostility was what a good person like him could manage with pure mental strength. Already, Sam knew what Discord pointed out, and knew why he wasn't interfering with Equestria's humongous problems.

"Hello? Sam, are you still there?"

Sam breathed heavily into Discord's ears through the phone. And Discord heard the disapproval in Sam's breathing. "Hmm. Can't say I'm sorry for not asking you this first thing. How'd it go between you and Nightmare?"

"Well, as far as reasoning goes, my resulting attempt was the utter opposite of success. This demon is far too ambitious, I sense no morality in his very being. Even the most merciful and loving beings such as yourself, Sam, have no way of befriending that pure evil monstrosity," Discord claimed.

"So I guess he's off my mental reformation list of the wicked. What'd you do with the demon anyway?"

"I imprisoned his weak form, though he says that there's only a few weeks before his true destructive form breaks out of the seal you and that conscious tree created."

"A few weeks before he can bring about the end of Equestria? That's bull crap!" Sam protested. "A few weeks is not enough time to gather all six stones. If he's spilling the truth then there must be some way to delay it even further!"

"There is one way we could-" Discord didn't get another chance to release any more words due to what was taking place on the draconequus's side. A loud bang erupted followed by the sounds of lethal magic spells and aggressive yelling. Every second, Sam heard a multitude of hoof stomps and clacking armor. It sounded like rows of ponies were marching towards Discord.

"Discord? What's going-" a rapid set of beeping from the phone indicated a caller's hang up as Sam quickly brought the phone to his glance and saw the words: 'call ended.'

"Darn!" he huffed a displeased frown and filled a pocket with the phone. After he called in a few deep breaths to relieve a sudden frustration, he noticed a mare peeking through the edge of a hall to his left. Hearing her faint gasp as she flinched away from view only made Sam sigh in annoyance. "Lyra, come on out. I know you're there."

"O-okay," Lyra mumbled nervously. She left her hiding space in acceptance that she had been found out, along with the whole party: Sunburst, Sunset, BF, and Rainbow Dash, who were also eavesdropping. Sam didn't really take it so heavily as he kind of expected them to follow, especially Lyra.

They were all exhausted from the heat that their legs wobbled in an uncontrollable state and their lungs forced them to pant. Sam felt sorry for them and levitated the remaining drinks in front of each pony. Rainbow Dash exceptionally received her drink by hand and not magic, sealing cap opened pre. Out of every pony he served, Rainbow Dash chugged hers down without sparring any time. Sam could think of two reasons why, one, for competitive purposes or two, just the dreadful thirst that disables all self control.

"You just can't stand to see me alone do you, Lyra?" Sam grinned in spite of Lyra's annoyed face.

"No. What I can't stand is ponies and creatures who are close to me in some way; hiding something about themselves from me! I heard his voice, HIS voice! You were talking with Discord! THE LORD OF CHAOS!!!" she yelled at his face dramatically.

"So? Me and Discord are kind of friends. Sure, he's a little chaotic and impatient, but he's not exactly evil. He at least doesn't have a title like The Lord of Tartarus or The Lord of Darkness," Sam debated.

"Discord?!" Rainbow Dash shouted while landing on her hooves with a short term headache. "I know him! He's uh- he's Equestria's most notorious for turning every ponys lives upside down! Me and my- um, me and my..."

"Friends?" Sunset finished her sentence unintentionally.

"Right!" Rainbow Dash gave her a friendly smile as a thank you. There was something she felt was missing even if her statement was made. She definitely wasn't the type to think things through so she decided to shake it off with her flying. Once every pony finished their apple beverages, Rainbow unleashed her flying spirit and grabbed each emptied bottle to toss them perfectly into a trash can nearby. Sunburst caught her speed and couldn't help his jaw from opening.

"Showoff," Sunset Shimmer whispered near Lyra and Sam away from Sunburst.

"She's always a showoff in Ponyville," Lyra whispered in return. "You'll get used to it."

"Hey, Rainbow Dash, do you remember anything about your friends?" Sunburst pulled out a book and quill.

"Um...no, I don't. Honestly, I don't even know what they were like. They were just kind of...there when we used the elements on Discord."

"Interesting," Sunburst said taking notes. "So there is a makeshift memory loss during the CRYSTEM process."

Sunset was the only pony in the group who knew what Sunburst meant while Sam and the others took no acknowledgement of it and moved on.

"Alright then, now that mine and yalls thirst problem is taken care of, I'm going to meet with Celestia at the front entrance. If you all follow me there I'm officially declaring us as a heroic party," Sam took off for the third time and Lyra Heartstrings became the first to chase after him there.


Principal Celestia had kept her ground ever so slightly when the monsters gathered together to unleash a full attack. It was a good thing she practiced her new found magic on day 1. There would have been some serious reliance on many of her students if she had no way of self-defense.

Growling and gurgling sounds showed how desperate these monsters were to enter the school. Celestia watched them approach, casting a spell to increase the amount of sunlight and heat in the atmosphere. Heat waves traveled down and low afterwards, weakening them by energy standards. Celestia then flew up to prepare a rapid blast attack in hopes of taking out at least a quarter of them.

Her eyes were closed shut during her attack so she wasn't able to tell if she had reduced them in numbers yet. That was until a satisfying sound of exploding rotten flesh and bone entered her ears along with the rotten smell of burning corpses under her sun. Feeling a little drained, she opened one eye and caught a claw to the face while off guard. One of them managed to grow wings of their own in order to counterattack Celestia midair.

The strike cut through deep into her flesh, and she found herself falling down from the laceration, unable to maneuver her wings while so. As it seemed she'd land hard on ground level, a strange but comforting magic force of blue prevented her from taking the hit. Gravity just lost its chance to pull the Principal down into a bigger injury and disadvantage.

"Don't worry Celestia, we're here to help!" Sunset called out to her being the student of both versions of Celestia.

Celestia landed in a gentle thud once the magic of space washed away. Behind her she found a once troublesome student, a mysterious observer, a unicorn whose presence felt powerful and emotional, a rapping band student unaffected by the ponification curse, and the man she interviewed last night. She expected only the man and not a crowd of helpers, but who could say no to more beneficial help?

"Looks like we arrived a little late. Sorry about that, Principal Celestia. The sun has been melting us like snow ponies and men! Couldn't even think clearly without a few soft drinks against this dang heat!" Sam complained as he stepped in front of her, trying his best to ignore the sun.

Sam and Rarity, without hesitation, combined their efforts to separate each monster whether on ground or in air by force using another force. Now that they were spaced out, things appeared more fair.

"I'm getting tired of doing this!" Sam levitated a pole, sharp on one end. He swung it around and motioned his front fingers back and forth. The monsters were too brainless to understand sign language, though either way they came for Sam and his new friends violently.

A flying monster, specifically the one that gave Principal Celestia her flesh wound, nearly gave one to Sam only to get blasted in the face by a yellowish beam of light.

"We got your back Sam!" Lyra spoke from behind, igniting her horn. "You aren't leaving us behind this time because we won't allow it. We work together! We're friends! And we're supposed to have each other's backs no matter what!"

"Yea! What she said!" Rainbow Dash shouted, flying next to Sam for battle. "No monster is going to lay their dirty claws on my friends while I'm around!"

Wh-what?! She means that?!

The feeling Sam got as she spoke felt... comforting and loyal. Did Rainbow Dash just call him a friend? Whatever she said could be a topic discussed for later however. He took the pole and impaled a triplet of the monsters. Something about doing it was easy. Naturally, a man with average strength would fail to pick up three corpses, each potentially weighing at least 100 pounds. But for some reason, Sam did it with ease.

Rainbow Dash also took front lines while the unicorns and an injured alicorn principal remained firing magic at the back. As several monsters passed Rainbow Dash and Sam in an attempt to attack the spell casters; Sam and Rarity made a quick move to crush them using over the top telekinesis. They screeched in agony as their limbs were torn apart, which kept on until they were silent.

With continuous pounds, bucks, blasts, dodges, and deadly stabs, the group eliminated the enemies, or so they thought.

*10 Horriflies eliminated; 150 pp earned.*

*25 Horribdos eliminated; 500 pp earned.*

Gosh! I need more time, dang it! The more I fight the less time I'll have! There's got to be a source that's responsible for the creation of these sons of horrors!

"Ah, yes!" Rainbow Dash spiraled in mid air and stopped with her hooves held up in a burst of victory. "We showed them our stuff didn't we?"

"Yes, we did. All of us did!" Lyra said.

"I was like, BAM! And you were like pew pew! And Sam was like whoosh! Stab and-"

"Oh, isn't that cute. You little ponies are so amusing when you think you've won the battle."

"Hey!" Rainbow's cheeks turned a little red. "Don't call me cute, whoever you are!"

Sam couldn't stop his eyes from widening. Remains of those monsters assimilated into a dark gloppy circle of darkness. And within seconds, a creepy horrifying skeleton, one eye red as an apple rose from a realm of nightmares. The skeleton wore nearly an imitation of Killer's outfit with the exception of blood stains. Rather than a knife, it held a ginormous ax in its non flesh hand, and its ugly head wound only made it appear tougher and scarier.

Nightmare's spiritual body presented itself behind the skeleton. "Surprised to see me here, Mr. Samuel? It's been a while since we've last spoken."

"..." Sam gave a menacing glare to which Nightmare chuckled to you.

"Oh, Mr. Samuel. Do I anger you? You want me gone from your world? Well, why don't you put a smile on your face for once. I can guarantee you I'll leave once I see that expression," Nightmare giggles in an evil way at his own sarcasm.

"Shut up," Sam responded, tone colder than any. "Just get to the point."

"The point? HA! You asked for it then," Nightmare's two bottom eyes stared at his horrifying creation while his top third kept focus on Sam. "Meet another one of your fears: Horror! He tells me he'll serve a nice special head dog to me once he takes care of your head. Be careful he's a little pointy when fighting. So I strongly recommend surrendering now! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Nightmare cackled like a loud maniac as his spiritual form disappeared out of existence.

"Ew! What is that thing!" Rainbow Dash gestured to Horror.

"Oh my stars! A duplicate!?" Rarity thought.

'Not exactly a duplicate. It's just another nightmare version of a char- I mean, someone I cherish and look up to a lot,' Sam corrects while awaiting Horror's first act.

"Okay, but why is another hideous monster like the one we dealt with here?!"

'Think about it. The first one wanted to stab my heart out. So maybe this one wants-'

"ONE HEAD DOG COMIN' UP!!!" Horror Sans broke an utter silence, readying his ax.

'Yep. That's why he's here. First my heart is in danger from a knife, and now my head isn't safe from a bloody ax, literally!'