• Published 12th Apr 2022
  • 912 Views, 19 Comments

Shadow The Hedgehog, Friendship is Darkness - Stalin with Da Spoon



When Shadow the Hedgehog and the rest of dark team wind up separated and lost in Equestria, they soon discover they are in a land of friendship of ponies, and soon enough, are locked in a fight against both new and old enemies.

  • ...
13
 19
 912

Prologue: A routine mission gone wrong

Deep within one of the Eggman empires top secret research facilities...

The long and winding corridors of the facility were brightly lit with white lights lining the ceiling, as ceiling mounted turrets slowly rotated, their IR detection sensors scanning for potential intruders, while robotic egg pawns slowly patrolled the halls, with cameras mounted to the walls slowly turning and watching. It was quite un-eventful, but soon, a faint noise noise could be heard from the ceiling, as an egg pawn looked up at a vent grating, inspecting it before it went back to patrolling. Within the vent, a lone figure sighed, as they continued crawling forward, until they reached their destination, opening up the access vent to the facilities security matrix, as they slowly attached a rope to their waist, securely fastened it to the ledge, and slowly descended into the room, looking down to see the floor was covered in red lasers, as they made sure to not accidentally trip them. As the figure descended, they were covered in the red light eminating from the matrix, revealing them to be wearing what appeared to be a stealth suit, as they slowly leaned forward and grasped the console, as they began typing away at the computer, before eventually...

Beep.

Suddenly, the lasers on the floor shut off, as the figure dis-connected themselves from the rope, and began hovering down with a large pair of bat wings, before they landed, and reached into their pocket, grasping a radio, as they spoke in a feminine tone. "Shadow, do you read me?" Soon, a masculine voice replied to them.

"Yes, rouge, is the security system down?"

"Indeed, the network has been rendered offline, you and Omega can burst in guns blazing if you wish." As she said this, a new voice spoke into the radio, this one robotic in nature.

"EXCELLENT, THIS GIVES ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO SLAUGHTER MORE OF EGGMAN'S MACHINES." Rouge couldn't help but chuckle at Omega's enthusiasm.

"Yeah, but remember what were here for."

"Yes, the emeralds. Get ready to move, were breaching in three, two, one..."

Five seconds earlier...

Two egg pawns stood guard of a large metal door, with the face of Eggman plastered all over it, as the door was secured by three iron bars and several other locking mechanisms. However, a strange sound could be heard behind the door, as the pawns turned around and listened closely... It sounded like... A motorcycle. But before they could react...

BOOM!

The door was impacted with a massive explosion, as the locking mechanisms and hinges of the door gave out, as it slowly leaned forward, and before the egg pawns could run away, the door landed right on top of them, flattening them like pancakes, as suddenly, a red and black motorcycle quickly jumped over the destroyed door, flying over it as it landed and did a donut spin before coming to a stop, as sitting upon it, was Shadow the hedgehog, holding a G.U.N standard issue pistol in his right hand as he sat upon his trusty motorcycle, the dark rider.

Close behind him was Omega, as he boosted over the wrecked door and landed next to Shadow.

" BREACH OF COMPOUND SECURITY SUCCESSFUL. READY TO BEGIN ASSAULT." As Omega's claws retracted into his arms as his gatling guns extended outwards, Shadow chuckled, happy to see Omega so excited, and frankly, Shadow was too. It had been quite a while since Team Dark had done a mission together, and it felt good to be back at it again. Shadow nodded to Omega, as he quickly revved his motorcycle, and sped down the hallway, Omega following close behind, mowing down any egg pawn he saw. As they rapidly drove down the long hallway, Shadow looked to his left to see Rouge the bat flying right next to him and Omega as they moved through the long and winding tunnel, taking several sudden turns.

"Like good ol times, eh shadow?"

"Indeed, excellent work on disabling security by the way."

"Awwww, your too kind." She said, smiling as she kicked in an egg pawns face, as Omega spotted a swarm of pawns gathering in front of them, as his hands turned to missile launchers, unleashing a barrage of missiles, absolutely decimating the horde of pawns as Shadow sped through, raising his pistol as he took shots at several egg pawns, running a few over, and turrets turned towards them as they fired a hail of bullets, Shadow swerving out of the way and dodging, Omega just tanking the hits as Rouge performed evasive maneuvers, before Shadow began to charge up energy in his palm...

"CHAOS SPEAR!" He said as several spears of pure red energy formed in his hand, as he threw them all at the turrets, blowing them to bits.

"INFERIOR ROBOTS, THEY ARE PATHETIC TO US. I AM SUPERIOR TO ALL MACHINES."

[End Song]

Soon, they came to a stop at a large metal door at the end of the corridor, with several warning labels on it and metal bars securing it shut, as Omega and Rouge caught up to him, stopping to inspect the door.

"This must be it, but the thing looks blast resistant... Rouge, can you open it?"

"Shadow please, you should know by now that no door can stand up to the world's greatest thief." She said walking over to the control console of the door, ripping it open and tampering with the internal electronics. As Shadow dismounted the dark rider, Omega then became alert.

"WARNING, HOSTILE THREATS INBOUND." As shadow heard this, he turned to the long halls to see a horde of wasp badnik's rapidly speeding towards them, as he reached behind his back, pulling out a 8-shot RPG, and grasping it in his hands slowly locking on, while Omega switched to his flamethrowers, igniting them as they prepared themselves for a fight, as Rouge hacked the door. As the threat finally arrived, Shadow quickly fired off a barrage of missiles, blowing the bots to bits while Omega set fire to the rest, as the swarm was exterminated with relative ease.

"This is proving easy so far... Almost too easy..."

"AGREED, NOT EVEN EGGMAN'S ROBOTS ARE USUALLY THIS PATHETIC." As the two expressed their concern, Rouge finally finished cracking the system, and as she replaced the panel and pressed the button...

Beep.

The door slowly began to unlock, as the metal bars covering the door slowly shifted out of the way, and the door finally lowered into the ground, to reveal a large chamber as the team slowly walked inside, staying alert as they eyed their prize.

A chaos emerald, the red one to be specific, was hovering in a containment, as Shadow proceeded to take out the green emerald he already had, with Rouge taking out a blue one. "Looks like this one is meant for you, Omega!"

Omega nodded, walking forward as he slowly grasped the emerald with his robotic claw as he removed it from the field and examined it, Shadow smiling as Rouge expressed excitement. "Great, 3 down, 4 to go! Soon well have all the emeralds!"

"Indeed, now let us-" Before he could finish speaking, the green emerald in his hands began to slightly glow, as did the blue and red emeralds in Rouge's and Omega's hands, as they slowly rose into the air, and began spinning rapidly, massive amounts of energy building up, as before they could say anything...

And before they knew it, they were gone...