• Published 30th Sep 2012
  • 1,294 Views, 65 Comments

Absence of Logic - Antisocial Ind.



4 friends find each other in Equestria and they must get home. Hilarity ensues, lessons are learned.

  • ...
7
 65
 1,294

Thousands of Feet

It was a jamming party. Then again, it always was with Pinkie. Too bad Vinyl didn't play at my party, thought Twilight Sparkle as she walked around the barn. The scene was quite remarkable, what with all the ponies dancing hard to this new music that the one.....thing introduced. It was very unique and powerful. As would any curious bookworm, Twilight went to go investigate this creature. She found the one who had supplied the music, and paused, wondering how to approach him. Should I just be direct? No, what if that's not part of their culture? Ohhhhh, this sucks. How do I approach him?! What if a direct approach is considered rude? She was snapped out of her thoughts by the loud shouts of Noah, who now had two blocks of hay strapped to his feet.

"RRRAWWR! I AM THE PARTY MONSTER! FEAR MY WRATH!" OK, maybe, they're not THAT sophisticated... She approached him and tried the direct approach.

"Excuse me." She got Noah's attention, and he clumsily attempted to turn around. After about ten seconds of failed attempts, Twilight decided to save him the trouble and just walk around to his front. She looked up at him, almost twice her height with the addition of the makeshift hay-shoes. "Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle. I am pleased to meet you."

Noah smiled and held out his hand. "I'm Noah McDonough, nice to meet you."

Twilight held out her hoof and shook... appendages with him. "I must say, that music you provided, its unlike anything I have ever heard!" she said excitedly.

"Well I'm glad you liked it, I got more where that came from if you're interested."

"Oh, uh, sure! I'd like to hear some more!"

"Alright, follow me." He took off his horrible "shoes" and walked over to the DJ table where Vinyl was. She was sitting down, still resting. "Hey, Vinyl, you up for some more music?"

"Yeah, I can play it, but I'm not gonna DJ. I'm still too tired, so why don't you take over?" Noah's eyes widened slightly.

"Yeah, um, that's really not a good idea."

"Why not? I mean you won't exactly be me, but I'm sure you'll be fine."

"I don't have any experience DJing before. Like, at all." Vinyls smile faded and her eyebrows rose.

"What?! Dude, you mean you have music like that and you've never Djed before?" Noah looked a little embarrassed at her question.

"No." Vinyl got up and walked to the table.

"OK, have you made music at all?"

"Yeah." Noah had made a bit of music, enough to release an "album" which he released for free online back on Earth, as well as several singles. He never got a lot of listeners, but he was extremely proud of what he had done in the past.

"Alright, then. Play some of that, and mix according to," her horn started to glow, and names appeared over every knob and part of the DJ table, "these labels. Just play one of your songs that you know well, and make minor edits. Remember, if it loops, then that usually means you have to do the same thing as before. Not always, but mostly. Start with only a couple, and as you go on, you can get more complicated as you see fit. If you're crashing, I'll help you out, but just try it, OK?" Noah nervously stepped up to the table while Vinyl backed away. He turned on one of his songs, ironically named Vanilla Lullaby, and got ready to start it. Vinyl's horn glowed, securing the connection between the two speakers. Noah hit play, and began to sweat as he realized that everyone was watching him. The music started playing. He looked around at his instruments, hands shaking trying to figure out what to do. He saw one knob, labeled "X-Mod Vol." He grabbed it, and twisted it. The result was a beautiful slow wub sound. He waited for a repeat of the specific sounds, but this time he did it a lot faster. The result was exactly what he thought it would be - a garbled mess of irritating, high pitched noise. He couldn't make it stop, and people started covering their ears and giving frustrated looks towards Noah, who floundered about on the mixing table, making things worse. After a moment, Vinyl stepped in and brought everything back to normal.

"OK, maybe I was wrong to put you in, but it's whatever, we'll just leave it be for now." She resumed her duty at the turntables, mixing the relatively slower song eloquently. Noah walked back over to Twilight, who gave him a reassuring smile.

"Hey, it's alright, Djing is hard from what I have heard from Vinyl. So, I notice you guys have claws, but they're not, like, sharp. Could you talk to me about that?" She saw his face when she started comforting him and realized it wasn't doing any good, so she tactfully changed the subject to get his mind off of it.

"Well, we have what are called hands." He pointed to his right palm with his left hand. "This meaty part right here is called a palm. These," he said, gesturing to his fingers, "are called digits. That's the medical term for it, but we just call them fingers. They allow us to grip things and hold them. They make life possibly for us back on Earth." He was suddenly struck with fond memories of Earth. He remembered his other friends, his family, and his crush. He started feeling a sorrowful wave of wistfulness, and his face went dark, and his gaze dropped.

"Is something the matter?" This took Noah out of his little nostalgic trance.

"What?"

"You just stopped talking and got all depressed-looking."

"Oh, uh, sorry, I kinda just spaced out a bit."

"Huh. OK. Also I couldn't help but notice your friend over there." She gestured to Tyler, who was now listening to his phone while Andre chatted with Lyra. "He seems a little, well, antisocial."

"Yeah, that's Tyler for you." Noah suddenly grinned widely. He listened and recognized his song was just about to end. "I'm gonna pull a little prank on Tyler to get him talking, alright?"

"Um...OK." Noah walked over to Vinyl while pushing pause on his phone.

"Hey what gives?"

"Vinyl, can you focus your magic on two separate speakers at once?"

"Uh, yeah, probably."

"OK, see that guy over there?" He pointed to Tyler.

"Yeah."

"OK, see the wires going into his ears?"

"Yeah."

"They're attached to tiny little speakers inside his ears that are playing music. I want you to focus on them and try and get them playing over the speakers. I want to play a prank on Tyler, a small one that is." Vinyl grinned at this idea.

"Alright, let's try it." Her horn began to glow, and the same glow surrounded Tyler's ear buds. In a moment, a loud beat and guitar came over the speakers.


Ugh. Why do I always end up at parties? I friggin' hate parties. At least I have my music to be antisocial. He listened, eyes closed, to one of his favorite songs. The Price Of A Mile by Sabaton. His ears started feeling weird. They got slightly warm. He thought it was weird but thought nothing of it. The second verse came on, and he started to get really into the music. Suddenly, it was as if it was louder, and he could feel the beat in his chest, almost as if-

"NO!" Tyler's eyes shot open and he removed his ear buds, only to confirm his fear: that song was now being played over the speakers to every single pony in town. oh fuck NONONONONO!!! he thought. He was stunned in his fear, and he listened in horror;

Young men are dying
They pay the price
Oh how they suffer
So tell me what's the price of a mile?

He looked around, at everypony's faces. There were looks of confusion, one or two of horror when they realized what the song was about.

Thousands of feet march to the beat
It's an army on the march

He looked back at the turntables and saw Twilight, Vinyl and Noah. Noah was playing the air guitar, Vinyl had her shades raised and looked at Noah quizzically, Twilight's brow was furrowed slightly, like she was thinking.

Long way from home
Paying the price in young men's lives!

Then Noah stopped, and his eyes went wide; so did Twilight's. Tyler looked back at the rest of the party goers, and they stopped whatever they were doing and looked at the speakers in disbelief that they were hearing what they were hearing.

Thousands of feat march to the beat
It's an army in despair.

Tyler decided it was time to act. He got up and rushed the turntable, but in his size he was not fast enough to reach it before the chorus had finished:

Knee-deep in mud
Stuck in the trench with no way out.

Tyler reached the turntable, throwing a venomous glare at Noah before shouting above the speakers to Vinyl.

"Turn it off!" Immediately, the glow surrounding her horn stopped, and so did the glow around the speakers and Tyler's earphones.

The whole barn went absolutely quiet. No one spoke, everypony just looked at them, the two humans and mares at the DJ area. The only sound was coming from Tyler's headphones, a quiet hum of the music that they had just been hearing. He unplugged his headphones, automatically pausing his music. He stuffed his phone into his pocket hastily. It was a few moments before Twilight spoke up.

"Tyler, what was that that you were listening to?" CRAP! Tyler knew exactly what she was asking, and knew that he'd been caught. He hadn't been forced to explain something this embarrassing since his parents found his small Fluttershy figurine he had received as a joke present from his cousin.

"I don't think that this is an appropriate place to discuss my music tastes." A cyan pegasus flew over to Twilight's side, then stepped forward to confront Tyler.

"My friend here asked you a question and you're suspiciously withholding an answer! So tell me, why exactly can't you tell us what the music is about? Huh? HUH!? ANSWER ME!" Tyler could only step back, as he was now being pushed and pressured by a pony less than half his size, legitimate fear overtaking his entire conscious.

"Look, I, um, don't think you want to know."

"Rainbow," Twilight said, "if he doesn't want to tell us, he doesn't really need to, it's not a big deal."

"NO! He's hiding something, and I want to know WHAT! I mean, don't you think it's a little suspicious that he enjoys listening to music that talks about death and killing!?"

"Well, yeah, I guess it's kind of odd..."

"EXACTLY!" She turned back to Tyler and, quick as lightning, she flew up a few feet and got right in his face. "WHAT IS THE SONG ABOUT! TELL ME!" That was it; Tyler had been backed into a corner.

"Fine. I'll tell you, but please... lets wait till the parties over, I, I really don't do well being at the center of attention... especially in front of a whole town."

"Nuh uh, you're gonna spill the beans right no-" Twilight cut her friend off.

"Please Rainbow, lets just wait. It can't be comfortable for him, at all."

Rainbow Dash groaned, "Ugh, fine! But he better tell us after the party."

"Thank you rainbow dash," Twilight turned back to Tyler, "now please relax and try to enjoy the rest of the party, I promise she wont bother you about it anymore."

"Right thanks," okay, now I have to fix things with the ponies Tyler jumped up on the stage and asked Vinyl for the mic. Once she gave it to him he spoke. "I'm really sorry if the song I was listening to scared, upset, or worried any of you. But I promise its nothing more then a simple song from my home about something that happened a very long time ago. Not all my music is like that, so I'd like to share something with all of you that's one of my favorites back home."

Tyler turned to Vinyl and asked her to hook his phone back up to the speakers. Once she had Tyler went through his playlist until he found the song he was looking for.

The song started up with a familiar tune to Noah, he grinned as he realized the song Tyler had chosen and hoped this would help mend things a little.

I remember when
We used to laugh
About nothing at all
It was better than going mad

Some of the ponies seemed to perk up to the song, some smiled and started talking, things were looking good to Tyler so far.

From trying to solve all the problems we're going through
Forget 'em all
Cause on those nights we would stand and never fall
Together we faced it all
Remember when we'd

Stay up late and we'd talk all night
In a dark room lit by the TV light
Through all the hard times in my life
Those nights kept me alive

Soon ponies were laughing and joking again, just dancing and enjoying the music. With that Tyler sighed in relief and walked back over to the corner to, once again, retreat into his antisocial shell.

Well, hopefully this wont come back to bite us on the ass


In an effort to regain trust with the ponies, Tyler played a selection of uplifting music from his favorite band, Skillet, throughout the night. Eventually, the party died down, and ponies started leaving. After most had gone, Vinyl decided it was time to pack up. Noah helped her put away her DJ equipment into some boxes, and they struck up conversation, proceeding to hit it off.

"Hey, it was nice talking with ya, bro. If you ever wanna swing by my place, we can talk music and stuff, got it?" She was smiling sincerely at him.

"Hooah." Vinyl's smile faded and she now wore a look of confusion. Having been in Army ROTC for well over two months now, he had a tendency to forget most of the people around him weren't in the ROTC. 'Hooah' is the pronounced version of the Army acronym HUA, meaning "Heard, Understood, and Acknowledged". It can mean anything and anything except for 'no'. For example, its meanings include, but are not limited to, the following:
-Yes, sir!
-I understand completely.
-I am fully capable of using my grenades to take out the enemy machine gun nests, then drawing fire while you flank the enemy.
-You're completely wrong and I'm right, but you outrank me so I'm gonna do it anyway.

"Huh?" Realizing his mistake, he quickly corrected himself.

"Oh, I mean, sure, I'd like that." Her smile returned, and she walked out, music equipment in tow. After a few moments the barn was empty except for the Mane Six, the four humans, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who were allowed to stay since they were having a slumber party that night anyway.

"Alright, enough waiting, tell me what the song is about, and tell me why you guys are acting so suspicious about it!" By this time, Andre had joined his two friends. Adam was out cold in the corner, silently enjoying his sugar coma.

Tyler looked at her, "Alright.............. its about a war that occurred nearly a hundred years before any of us were born. Starting on July 28 of 1914 and ending on November 11 of 1918. It was a terrible war that engulfed most of Europe. the major combatants being the Allies, which consisted of the British Empire, France, Russia, Italy, Japan, and the United States near the end of he war, as well as several others I cant remember. Then there was the Central Powers, which consisted of Germany, Austria- Hungary, the Ottoman Empire, and Bulgaria........." Tyler went on into a detailed explanation of the major points of the war and how it was fought,Noah stayed quiet during Tyler's explanation, since he was probably the most knowledgeable when it came to warfare history between 1900 and 1955. In about an hour, Tyler had finished his little lecture.

"S-so," stammered Applejack, "all those people died over some...pride?" Noah and Tyler nodded grimly. Rainbow let her anger get the better of her, naturally; she got into a fighting stance, ready to face off against these violent creatures.

"Look, buddy, how can we trust you, huh? You could be SPIES! Plus you like listening to songs about horrible wars and stuff. So how can I know that you mean us no harm?" Her nostrils were flaring, and she was ready for a fight. Andre decided it was time for him to step in, as Noah and Tyler weren't doing a good job of explaining things.

"Look," he said, drawing her attention, "the song was meant to describe how bad it was, and to imply that war is a bad thing. We're into stuff like that because we're all men from military backgrounds, and we love and honor the armed forces of our country. We are peaceful people, it's just that we're not afraid to put ourselves in harms way if needs be. But we never actively seek conflict. Does that make sense?" Rainbow lowered her guard a degree or two.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Oh please, Rainbow, do behave. There's no way these admittedly large and slightly brutish looking creatures could ever stoop so low as mindless violence," said guess-freaking-who, stepping up and putting a hoof on Andre's leg. "Their kin may be violent, but I can tell that these four are gentlemen, am I right, boys?" They all gave a simultaneous 'yes'.

"Ah agree with Rarity on this one, Dash," Applejack said. "Ah just haven't seen any reason not to trust'em. Besides, Tahler and Ah got ta talkin' and Ah know he's a good feller, and Ah can also tell his friends are just as nice as he is." Now Tyler blushed slightly. To have someone from the group talk about how his character in a positive manner was unusual for Tyler. Rainbow though, was still eyeing them with uncertainty, but she dropped her guard. Mostly.

"Alright, but know this: I'm watching you guys." Tyler exhaled an imperceptible sigh of relief. He relished in the fact that she now trusted him. However, he could not get over the shame he had on behalf of the human race. All the wars, all the fighting, the bloodshed; it was a horror he had planned on keeping from these innocent equines, but he couldn't even make it three days...

"So, then," started Twilight, "what exactly brought you to Equestria?" The three humans looked toward each other, unsure of what to do. Since Tyler was the only one who knew how to deal with these ponies properly, the two smaller humans looked to him questioningly. He nodded, and they told their stories: how Noah fell asleep and woke up in a field, then luckily managed to find his way to Ponyville; how Tyler fell asleep next to a produce cart, then woke up in the Ponyville marketplace; how Andre went for a walk and got lost, then found himself in the Everfree Forest. When they were done, the six ponies looked impressed, with the exception of Pinkie Pie, who was ecstatic.

"OH OH OH THEN WHAT THEN WHAT THEN WHAT!" Her diction was absolutely prefect, allowing her to spit out words faster and more clearly than Weird Al, which is in fact saying something.

"There's nothing more to tell," said Noah. Pinkie's face fell, and her hair deflated ever so slightly.

"Wait," said Rainbow. "What about him," she asked, pointing to Adams now-stirring, lumpy figure. Adam lifted his head up and groaned. Noah ran over to him and helped him up, they walked back over to the circle in the center of the barn where everyone was seated, and helped him down.

"Oh yeah, how exactly did you end up in the barrel, Adam?" Andre asked pointedly.

"Well, you see it all started when...."

At this point Princess Celestia accidentally cast a silencing spell around the 13 creatures and the reader then missed Adam's story entirely. She realized her mistake and immediately lifted the spell.

"...And then I was woken up by you idiots, and I got out of my lovely barrel."

"WOAH!" they all said, impressed. Applebloom could barely contain her excitement.

"So what ever happened to your lady friend?! Did the pirate man ever get you back!? Tell me more!" Her request was backed up by the rest of the CMC.

"Maybe some other time, tiny snack cake." All three of their faces fell.

Tyler could not help but take in how utterly adorable every single one of the three little ponies were. He had to resist the urge to scoop them up in his arm and squeeze them. He thought that the d'awww would give him a hhhnnnggg attack at any moment. He looked at his friends faces, and noticed that they appeared to be unfazed by the ponies cuteness.

There was a knock on the barn door. Applejack went over to open it to Vinyl.

"Hey, sorry, but I left my sub here, just came by to get it."

"Sure, thang, come on in." Vinyl did just that, walking past them all, giving a passing glance to Noah. She walked up to her subwoofer, magicked it into the air, and began to walk out. Fluttershy spoke for the first time since the end of the party.

"So, um, what where will you guys be staying?" Oh. Crap, thought Tyler. He hadn't even thought about the others.

"Well, I'm staying with Applejack for a little while. I don't know about the others." Vinyl stopped completely, turning back to the others.

"Hey, if one of you needs a place to crash, I can make something on the couch."

"Dibs!" Everyone looked at Noah. Tyler was slightly annoyed at Noah's random declaration.

"Noah, you can't just call dibs. We should discuss i-"

"Back off, Rapunzel." Tyler turned to Adam, who was now standing, and like this he towered over the sitting Tyler. "Bro called dibs, and when a bro calls dibs, that's the end of it. Got it?" Tyler forgot how absolute Adam was when it came to the Bro Code. Noah had given it to him as a birthday present, and he read it and took it to heart. It was pretty much a code of ethics for Adam.

"Alright, fine." It wasn't fine with Tyler, but he'd rather have Noah get away with jumping on the first opportunity like that than go on arguing like a child over something so stupid. Adam quietly sat back down in his spot.

"Alright, cool. You can come on over tonight, if you want."

"Yeah, I'd like that." Noah got up, and left with Vinyl, leaving his friends with the ponies. Applebloom immediately ran up to Applejack and put on her best puppy dog eyes, complete with quivering lip.

"Applejack, can't they all stay? Just for one night!? PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!" Applejack made the fatal mistake that Applebloom knew would be her downfall: she looked into the eyes.

"Ah don't know, Ah just....Ah... oh, alraght. But just for TONAGHT." She looked over to Andre and Adam. "Y'all can stay here for tonaght." Andre and Adam gave sincere thank-yous. They resumed their talking. Applejack brought out cider, and sent it around to everyone, with exception of the CMC.

Tyler, Adam, and Andre entertained their hosts with stories of their shenanigans two years earlier in Academy class back in High School. They talked about how Noah had always gotten into trouble because he never learned to keep is large mouth shut and how Adam had no shame in making himself look like a tool in order to make his friends laugh; they laughed and drank into the night. The ponies were not affected much by the alcohol, but Adam and Andre were obviously getting past their limits. Tyler knew better this time than to drink too much, only allowing himself to get buzzed. Andre, now slightly drunk, acted more random and stupid like Adam, who was remarkably quiet.

Andre got up on a ladder and climbed into the little space above and made snide comments about being a falcon or something. Eventually, though, he just fell asleep on some hay, bringing a chuckle from Tyler seeing his friend actually pass out.

Twilight mentioned the disturbances up in the Griffin tribes, how they were warring over what kind of government to hold. The loyalist factions, apparently, wanted to keep the tribal monarchists in control, while the rebels were in favor of a despotism. Adam chimed in, quite unexpectedly.

"Oh bullcrap, both systems are prone to failure. If what I understand is correct, it seems like the Griffins are more like humans personality wise, that is to say that they are more prone to corruption than ponies. Furthermore, despotism will work in the short run but it would only be a matter of time before a corrupted or corruptible person takes control, and then you find yourself on a one way trip right back to where you started." With that, he took another swig of his cider. Everyone was bewildered by Adams sudden sophistication and apt attention to detail.

"Adam," Rarity started, "I didn't know you were in to politics!" she said, happy to see a sudden sophistication in the man.

"Not really, it's just a common sense derived from presented factual basis combined with common knowledge of historical evidence." He took another swig. Tyler couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Adam, why are you so-" he stopped talking mid-sentence once he realized that Adam had just collapsed. Apparently it was too much for the poor blob. Smiling, the two unicorns in the group lifted him up and plopped him down on a nice hay bed.

With that, it was just Tyler and the Mane Six and the CMC. Tyler didn't fully grasp that concept until he realized that all the eyes were now on him. He started panicking, figuring he would screw something up, let it slip that he knows so much about them. He decided to get as much information as possible to minimize that risk. He turned to the CMC and asked them questions first.

"So, what are your names?"

Scootaloo spoke up first. "I'm Scootaloo, and I'm gonna be fast like Rainbow Dash when I grow up," she said, smiling widely. Tyler looked over to Rainbow Dash, who was now blushing.

"Heh, good luck with that one kid. You're gonna have to train pretty hard to do that." The other two couldn't hold it anymore.

"Ah'm Applebloom, Applejack's sistar. Ah'm gonna be like AJ and work on tha farm!"

"I'm Sweetie Bell, Rarity's sister. I don't know what I'm gonna do yet." Her voice cracks were so cute, Tyler couldn't help but smile.

"And together," Applebloom started, "we are tha CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!" The other two joined in for a high pitched, pony chorus. Tyler smiled at this, remembering one of his favorite songs, a remix of the CMC Theme by Alex S. He was snapped out of his memory by the stares of the CMC, expecting a reaction.

"Oh. Um, what's a Cutie Mark?" he asked dumbly. The three ponies cocked there heads and raised eyebrows.

"What?"

"How d'ya'll not know what a Cutie Mark is?"

"Well, they don't exist where I come from." This triggered raised eyebrows from the Mane Six as well.

"YOUMEANYOUDON'TGETACUTIEMARK!? OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHTHAT'S HORRIBLE!" sputtered Pinkie Pie, going crazy.

"Look," Twilight said. "A Cutie Mark is a mark that appears on your flank that resembles one's special talent. No two are alike, and one can only get them when they realize what their special talent is. For example, Princess Celestia's cutie mark is the sun, and she raises it every day. Does that make sense?"

Absolutely. "Yeah, I guess so. We don't have cutie marks then, humans don't really have ONE special talent. We kind of do whatever we can learn, though some people do have a knack for doing one specific thing." Tyler turned back to the CMC. "So I'm guessing you three have made it your goal to get your cutie marks as soon as possible?"

"That's right!" Sweetie Bell, exclaimed, again shattering her glass vocal chords.

"Well, I hope you guys find your talents soon." He turned to the others, ready to be bored out of his mind. Since he needs to relearn EVERYTHING he already knew, he asked what would be the most redundant question of his life. "So, how did you guys get YOUR cutie marks?" And they told him in excruciating detail about how they got their cutie marks.

Just calm down, Tyler. It will all be over soon...


Noah and Vinyl walked, subwoofer floating in the air. It was a pleasant, cool night in Ponyville. Noah could not believe how many stars there were in the sky; with constant lights in every area Noah has ever lived, he never got to see this many stars at once before. It was really something. However, he couldn't look up for too long before his neck started to hurt, yet he did it anyway, wanting to absorb as much of the sky's beauty as possible, even while talking to Vinyl.

"And you got more of this stuff?"

"Yeah, lots more."

"Like, how much?"

"Over nine hours." Vinyl stopped in her tracks, causing Noah to fall over her, winding up on his face in the dirt. Guess that's what I get for not watching where I'm going...

"Nine....hours?"

"Yeah, why?" he asked, getting up and wiping the dirt off of his front.

"Dude. The possibilities are endless! We might never had to use the same playlist ever again! I mean, with that many songs, we could bring a variety previously unseen in Equestria!" Noah found this amusing, and tried not to smile. The thing about Vinyl's idea was that she was right; everything she was saying was true. This didn't occur to Noah however, as the music industry on Earth is very different, and the idea of just over a hundred songs making that kind of difference was laughable at best.

"Woah, slow down there, Vinyl. It's only a hundred songs." Vinyl rounded on him.

"JUST a hundred songs? Dude, I haven't even made 50 songs, and I have the second highest number of recorded songs on the MARKET! If I suddenly tripled my repertoire of music, I could be the Queen of Music in Equestria!"

"Uh, how many songs do you think there are, Vinyl?" Vinyl paused for a moment before answering.

"Exactly 2,576." What.

"2576?"

"Yup."

"Exactly?"

"Exactly." Noah was now very skeptical at the sanity of this admittedly cool DJ.

"And how do you know that?"

"Because I know pretty much everyone in the biz. Every time one of them makes a song, I know about it. Besides, magic records are only a couple years old so there aren't many people who can produce music anyway."

"OOOOooooooh. So the ability to make music and stuff is only a few years old?"

"Yeah, why?" Noah slapped his forehead.

"That explains it." His eyes went wide as he realized the magnitude of what Vinyl had been saying a few moments prior. "Oh my gosh. Dude, what you were saying is TRUE! We could be LEGENDS!" Noah was now smiling broadly.

"Yeah no kidding!"

"You wanna hear the rest of the songs?"

"DO I!?" Vinyl took off. Noah followed quickly after. Vinyl was pretty fast, as a pony would be, but because of her small size Noah was able to keep up to a decent extent. They raced across town, drawing stares from the townspeople. Some waved to Vinyl, others just ignored them. Either way, they were about to have a blast.


Tyler and the group had a lot of fun telling stories and making jokes that night, and the cider really helped him socialize. The CMC fell asleep before 11pm, and were carried into the house to be put into their bed. After a few good byes, the Barn was empty, save the two snoring baffoons.

AJ led Tyler into the house and upstairs. Down the hall was a small guest room. There wasn't much in it, just a desk, a bed, and a nightstand. To Tyler's relief, it also had its own bathroom.

"Now get a good naght's sleep, alraght, Tahler? Y'all gonna get up early tomorrah ta start workin'."

"Yes, ma'am." Applejack chuckled at the formality.

"Aw, shoot, just call me AJ, alraght sugarcube?"

"Got it, AJ," Tyler said with a smile.

"Alraghty then. Good naght."

"Night, AJ." With that, Applejack closed the barn door leaving Tyler to himself.

Before drifting off Tyler decided to have a look at everything he currently owned. A Shoppers apron, a black polo, a white t-shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans, a brown belt, a pair of brown waterproof hiking boots (which he used at work because of his job in the meat department), a harmonica, a phone, a boot knife, a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, and a pair of white cotton gloves. As well as a couple hundred bits.

Tyler sighed, these things were his only real connection to his own world now, it was kind of a depressing thought to him. He thought about what his family must be going through right now, having him just disappear into thin air.

He laid down in bed trying to push these depressing thoughts away as he slowly drifted off into sleep.


Here's the glimpse of things to come, as I promised:

SLIGHT SPOILER, NOTHING SERIOUS

All was quiet inside [withheld location]. [name withheld for spoiler purposes] sat eagerly, awaiting [withheld] intruders entrance. There it was, the sound footsteps coming up the stairs. They were getting closer, until they were right outside the door, then silence. With a thunderous BOOM Adam knocked down the door. Tyler rushed into the room, and stopped mere yards from [name]. Noah and Adam were right behind him.

"Ah," she started, delighted at the chance to kill [withheld] prey. "I'm glad you could join us. [withheld] and I were just talking about you three. But of course, you're too late, [withheld] begun, and we are now unstoppable. Soon, [withheld] will-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, [insult]!" Tyler reached to his belt and pulled out his [withheld]. With a swift motion, he [withheld]. She slumped to the ground, dead before [withheld] even got there.

"Well," started [withheld], "that was rather....anticlimactic."


Hey guys in case you didn't read the blog, Adam is missing we can't find him, and Andre never wanted to be a contribooting part of this team anyway, so it's just Tyler and I. However, that does NOT mean that AoL or ASI is going to stop. No siree, we're still going strong.

Yeah it's great! I can't wait for the next chapter to see what my friends and I will do! Although, I'm not gonna lie, I don't think it was wise of you to kill off - MMMPH!

SHUT IT PINKIE! Ignore her folks, she's delusional. TYLER! Did you let her in here?!

....maybe.

WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT PONIES IN THE AUTHORS NOTES!?

I'm sorry, she offered me a cupcake with Rainbow Dash's cutie mark.

Wait. RAINBOW DASH's cutie mark?

Yeah, wh- OH DEAR LORD PINKIE HOW COULD YOU?!*hack* *cough*

LOL YES, HE BOUGHT IT

AHAHAHAHA *snort* that was GREAT!

*brohoof*

Wait, so this isn't like Cupcakes?

Nope, not at all! HAHAHAHAHA

-Sigh- Even Pinkie Pie.....