• Published 2nd Apr 2022
  • 3,358 Views, 86 Comments

When life gives you EXP - FanOfSun



Another story about human falling into Equestria...That's it

  • ...
18
 86
 3,358

Chapter 11, part 2: Busted!

It took some time for Dandelion to calm down. Ferum had explained the situation to her and, luckily, she understood him. Still, she was a bit pissed at the fact that they won't be able to have 'paired' costumes.

Dandelion sighed, as she and Ferum moved along the town "Where do I put this suit now?" she looked at Ferum's hand, in which he was carrying her costume.

Dragon shrugged "Save it for later?"

Dandelion hummed for a few seconds "Yeah, that is the best solution.."

They approached Dandelion's wagon, and entered it. After leaving the clothes there, they decided to walk towards the nearby forest, to get some fresh air before the event.

Ferum looked back at the wagon "I thought your wagon would have a crowd of ponies around it. After all, your comics are pretty popular"

Dandelion waved at him with her hoof and averted her head "Oh please~! It's not THAT good" she then looked up in thoughts "To be honest, I have no idea. Even if nopony knows who is the author, I thought they would gather around my place to find out"

Ferum hummed "Coincidence?"

Dandelion nodded "Probably"

After walking for some time, they have already left the town, with only Sweet Apple Acres ahead. Still though, some of the wagons were still present even here. Though, those looked a bit different.

Dandelion explained "Those are mostly journalists. You know, since there is not much space in town for 'em, they usually stay outside of it"

Ferum raised his eyebrow "Usually?"

Dandelion sweated a bit "I don't want to talk about this..."

However, over some time, even those wagons have stopped appearing. They were now walking across the simple path, which was leading towards the Everfree forest. Ferum and Dandelion were simply talking about stuff, which they used to do back on Earth.

Suddenly, Dandelion looked at the dragon and smiled, looking... Sad? Ferum noticed this and stopped, with his eyebrow raised "Is everething alright?"

Dandelion chuckled "Yeah, all good. Just.." she rubbed her eyes "It's... So great to spend some time with ya again! I didn't even know that this could be possible to see your face ever again and..."

Ferum listened to her and smiled "Well, even though for me it's been barely 2 months.." he lowered himself a bit and... Shoved her.

Dandelion yelped and nearly fell, though she was able to use her wings to fly up briefly and quickly land. She frowned "Hey!"

Ferum cracked his knuckles, and finished his sentence "..I still miss the times when we used to spar"

Dandelion froze in her place "..wha?"

Suddenly, Ferum's face changed from the calm one to begging "I can't take it anymore! Ever since my inhibitors stopped working, I was barely able to contain myself from punching anything that moves here!!!" he poked his head aggressively "I swear, Sombra is afraid of me now! Every time I go into my head, he tries to hide from me, so that we don't have to duel again!" he was breathing heavily now.

Dandelion blinked several times, confused. Then, her mouth turned into a sly, playful smile, as she positioned herself to lunge at him "Well, if you are THAT desperate.." she dashed towards Ferum, knocking him down "THINK FAST CHUCKLENUT!"


Meanwhile, Everfree outskirts...

Chrysalis was inside of her wagon. She wanted to focus on her plan in quiet... Even though it wasn't any louder outside.

The wagon's insides were pretty simple. A table with a bench, both connected to the floor, along with an ordinary lamp, hanging from above. All in all, it was an ordinary wagon, hollow even.

Well, obviously, if it wasn't for a weird cube like figure, standing in the corner of the room. It was two times smaller than an ordinary pony, and covered with a piece of cloth. A faint green glow could be seen through it.

Chrysalis was looking at this thing, with a smirk "It took me long enough, but I'm finally ready to destroy those pesky Elements along with their town once and for all" she had approached the closed window, and opened it, allowing the Ponyville town to be seen "Now, all I need to do, is infiltrate the town"

Obviously, Chrysalis couldn't risk by choosing any random day for her vengeance. After digging for some information, she had found out about some kind of a Festival, which was going to take place in the Ponyville. A lot of ponies from all over Equestria, have already arrived into this town, not even including all the authors, journalist and simple tourists. It wouldn't be hard for the former Queen of the changelings to disguise herself among all those crowds of creatures, so she didn't worry about that at all.

What could be a problem however, was bringing this cube right into the Ponyville. Of course, barely anycreature would question her about it. Barely...

Chrysalis placed her hoof on the chin "I should be careful around other changelings, as well as Twilight Sparkle with her friends. While the latter are simply disgusting to be around, my former subjects might sence a fraction of changing magic in the air..."

"Oh I'm going to beat you so hard you will have a twitch!"

"Also, I should be able to bring the Expander into the Town Hall. As far as I know, it's always open..."

"Think fast chucklenut!"

Chrysalis's ear twitched a bit "Alright, now all I have to do, is wait and-"

Her words were interrupted by a loud cracking noice nearby "Oh no you don't!"

Chrysalis groaned and quietly hissed "For the love of hive, I can't have some quiet even here?!" she transformed into the turquoise unicorn with a red mane. She was about to exit, but stopped and thought for a moment "..maybe I should take them as hostages?" she approached her door and coughed to check her voice, before opening her wagon.

After opening the door, Chrysalis noticed that the voices have stopped, as if whoever was messing around here decided to go away. On one hoof, it was great, since she could simply go back inside and wait for her move. Though, on another one, something was bothering her. Chrysalis knew well, that it's impossible to randomly stop making any noices, at least when it's not intentional. Even her drones were having troubles with silencing themselves, when she was nearby. In conclusion, there was a chance that Chrysalis got caught.

She snorted and shook her head "Tsk..." she huffed 'I'm probably paranoid. Even if somepony saw me, they would have already reported me to those Elements' Chrysalis turned around, rolling her eyes.

"After all, what could possibly go wrong?"

Right after saying this, her glare was met with two things. Number one, being a hoof going straight towards her face, and the second, being a fist covered in scales, doing the same thing. Chrysalis didn't even get any time to react, before she got punched in her face. After being hit, she got launched backwards for a few meters, as her transformation worn off. Chrysalis had managed to successfully stop herself from hitting the earth, by spinning and drifting on the soil. After coming to a halt, she quickly looked up, noticing a single figure standing before her.

It was an orange batpony, that looked tensed. After all, she hit the former Queen of changelings, she HAD to be scared.

She spoke, with a hint of being a bit surprised "Huh, so it was really you.."

The queen snarled at her "How DARE you lay your dirty hooves on ME?!"

The pony smirked a bit "Well, you ain't any better, bug!"

Chrysalis didn't know how she got busted, nor who that pony was, but that punch was really hurtful, even with her hard skeleton armor. Then again, they hit her in the face, and...

..they...

A batpony suddenly yelled into nowhere "Now!"

Chrysalis however, quickly lit her horn up. A green barrier surrounded her, as she started to cautiously look around 'A dragon... How in the name of the Hive it managed to hide itself?!' The next second, she heard a weird sound to her right. After turning her head, Chrysalis was greeted with a weird scene.

A light blue dragon, was holding it's fist against Chrysalis's barrier. He was wearing a pair of gloves, and a sweater, however, it was not the weirdest detail. The dragon's body, was slowly rising up from the shadow, that Chrysalis's body was making. Both of his eyes were closed, as his body was still reconnecting itself from the 'gateway'.

Chrysalis instantly recognized this spell, and she sweated a bit "You are.."

A huge grin spread across the dragon's face, as he took a deep breath and opened his eyes. Both of them were purple, and had a slight blazing effect. Sombra raised his eyebrow in a mocking manner, as he said only one thing

"Yo, Chrissy"

Author's Note:

Beat down incoming!