• Published 2nd Apr 2022
  • 3,358 Views, 86 Comments

When life gives you EXP - FanOfSun



Another story about human falling into Equestria...That's it

  • ...
18
 86
 3,358

Chapter 10, part 4: With clear mind

"..and then, after losing consciousness, I appeared in my head" Vlad exhaled, as he finished his tale "That's basically everething summarized"

Luna put a hoof to her mouth "Oh my... This is horrible!"

Sombra snorted "Well, if it wasn't for your incompetence, everething would be fine. I'm pretty sure that you could come with him" he then raised his eyebrows "And what is with that weird pose?"

Vlad, while being 'hugged' by Luna's wings raised his finger "Yeah I'd luke to know as well"

Luna angrily glanced towards Sombra "You are not the one to talk. If it wasn't for Vlad, I would have already vaporized you"

Sombra's eye twitched "Do I need to remind you of my power..?"

Luna stood up, making Vlad fall down "Do you really wish to test ME?!"

Sombra raised his eyebrow "And what if I do?"

Luna started to approach him "Why you little..!"

Sombra started walking towards her as well "Now now, that's not very Princess - like, don't you think?"

They were about to clash with each other.

"Selfish dark mage!"

"Useless princess!"

"Stop it already..."

"Tyrant failure!"

"Soft leader!"

"Guys come on!"

Both unicorn and alicorn dashed at each other.

"I will make sure to give you a proper judgement!"

"Try me!"

"THAT IS ENOUGH!"

The loud voice echoed all around the world. A second later, a powerful wave was unleashed, changing surroundings to the white void.

Sombra and Luna looked at Vlad. He was rubbing his forehead, irrtiated.

Vlad looked up "Look, I'm already stressed a lot. I don't want to deal with all this mess right now, so please, leave your arguments for later"

Luna blinked, baffled "I..." she looked at Sombra.

The said unicorn looked like he expected this kind of reaction "Yeah, I got carried away" he looked at Luna "Mind if we hold ourselves for now?" Sombra looked completely serious.

Luna frowned "..Fine, I will tolerate your presence. For now" she turned away from Sombra, making her best to hide her surprised face 'Could it be true..? Sombra becoming good is an actual thing?'

Vlad exhaled, partially satisfied with the current situation "Thank you.." he then fell on his back and groaned.

Luna approached and looked down on him "So, is there anything I can help you with?" she was extra loud on 'I' this time.

Vlad didn't move at all "I... Actually have no idea. For now, I gotta find a way to wake up. Can't let others see me like that"

Luna tilted her head "Why won't you simply tell everypony? That would be way easier"

Sombra snorted "Well, at first it was to, quote, 'look cool'!" he then pointed his hoof out "And now he has to pay for his actions"

Vlad raised his arm "Hey, I was under the effect of inhibitors..! Or something like that" he then raised his torso up "But, Sombra is correct. That's basically what happened"

Luna narrowed her eyes "Are all humans like that"

Vlad raised his finger "I'm... Not sure. Anyway!" he opened his Panel in front of him "What is with my sta- WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE LORD IS THAT?!"

Sudden change of Vlad's behavior caught both Lyna and Sombra off guard. Human's eyes were wide, like he saw something horrifying.

Sombra became concerned and quickly teleported behind Vlad to see what was written on the Panel "What is-" his eyes widened as well. However he managed to hold his 'THE HELL?!' inside "..and what are we going to do with that?" still, Sombra looked tensed.

Vlad grabbed his head and sighed, irritiated "Gotta think a bit..."

Luna was completely confused. Not only Vlad, but even Sombra looked nervous. It obviously wasn't a good sign. Princess stood up and walked behind the two. Obviously, even after looking at the Panel for some time, she didn't understand anything. Those symbols and numbers made no sense to her at all.

Vlad rubbed his temples and slowly exhaled "Alright. At least I'm still alive, that's good" his eyes were fixated on the red line, which was almost drained.

Luna didn't like this phrase at all "What is that supposed to mean?"

Vlad looked at her, rubbing his back head "Uhm, how do I put it.."

Sombra looked at Luna "He is at the verge of death, probably because of the backfire he had" he then rubbed his chin "Now we gotta save him somehow"

Luna stared at Sombra with wide eyes "At the verge of death? And you say it with a such calmness?!" she then looked at Vlad who was... Calm as well. Princess heard Sombra's snort and glared at him "What's so funny?"

Sombra shrugged "I mean, he died several times already... It's not that big of a deal for him now, is it?"

Vlad blinked and looked up "..huh" his eyes widened "Oh damn... I actually did!" Vlad grabbed his head with both hands, acknowledging just what had happened to him "OH MY GOD!" his head was starting to hurt, even though he was already inside his head. Due to having those weird inhibitors earlier, he wasn't thinking too much about traveling to another world and dying. But now, he was slowly but surely becoming himself again.

Sombra sighed and put a hoof on human's back "Now now, don't start it. We gotta get you out of this trouble first" he then hummed and looked at Luna "Say, you knew him earlier than I did and saw Vlad's primal Panel. Any ideas on how to help him?"

Luna blinked, confused "I..." she could see that Sombra cared about Vlad. It could be sincere, or simply because human was his current host. Still, she couldn't allow Vlad to take any more pain.

Suddenly, Luna gasped "Wait, can't you use Panel to heal yourself?"

Vlad stopped mumbling and froze in place.

Sombra's ears perked up "What now?"

Luna tilted her head "You didn't know about it? I don't know how it's called, but I'm pretty sure that Vlad used it at least once in the past"

Sombra shrugged "I mean, with the amount of information about his world... It's no wonder" he then looked at human "Still, is this true?"

Vlad facepalmed and groaned "It is, I completely forgot about this stuff!"

Sombra's eye twitched "..you even have the ability to heal yoursef?"

Vlad nodded and started to tap the Panel "Yep, but I can't abuse it" he then started to explain how this ability worked... Which obviously wasn't that Interesting.

Sombra simply exhaled and turned back at Luna, who was staring at him "..So, how is Celestia doing?"

Luna was about to scowl again. However, only now she noticed that Sombra's armor and dark magic were gone. Before her stood an ordinary (kinda) pony, who was trying to start anew. Even though Luna didn't fully trust him yet, Vlad did, so she was willing to give him a chance.

She wasn't sure about Celestia though.

Luna sighed and shook her head "Much better, now that I can actually help her"

Sombra's eyes widened a bit "Oh uhm... Glad to hear that" he turned away from the princess, to hide his surprise.

Luna was about to talk to the unicorn "Hey, liste-"

"I can't leave"

Luna closed her mouth and looked at the human. He seemed concerned, maybe even cornered. She then looked at Sombra, whose reaction wasn't any better.

Unicorn's ears perked up and he quickly approached Vlad "You usually don't need to use Panel to wake up"

Vlad's voice was a bit shaky "Well, I dont! I-I mean, since I'm in the condition when I can't wake myself up, then I thought that I could use the Panel" he then gulped "But... I doesn't work"

Luna didn't like the sound of that "So that's why your consciousness felt heavier.." she then raised her head "Wait, can't you use your healing ability here?"

Vlad shook his head "I tried, b-but..." he slowly exhaled "I can't"

Sombra stared at him, with pupils widened "What do you mean you can't?"

Vlad turned at him with the desperate look on his face "I... I think I'm going to die again?" he looked both terrified and... Tired.

Sombra stared at him with disbelief. His eye twitched, as his face turned into furious one. Sombra growled and picked Vlad up with his magic "DON'T YOU EVEN DARE TO SAY IT TO MY FACE!" he looked REALLY pissed off.

Luna was about to interfere. However, she stopped right before using the spell. Luna didn't feel any hostility from Sombra. Besides, she decided to give him a chance, she can't just take her words back.

Meanwhile, Sombra was looking right in Vlad's eyes "You were the one who dared to punch Chrysalis onto her dang face! You risked your life several times in the past and didn't even flinch when I invaded your mind!" he then dragged Vlad towards himself "And now you have the impudence to say THIS?!"

Vlad was caught off guard by this behavior "I-I was under the effect of-"

Sombra didn't let him finish "Don't use this as an excuse!" he dropped him on the ground.

Vlad fell down with silence. He was actually touched by Sombra's behavior. After all, unicorn tried to attack him when they firat met. And now, Sombra tries to give him some courage not to give up. Now that Vlad thought about it, he understood just HOW foolish his words were earlier. Back on Earth, he would have never said ANYTHING like that, let alone give up on life so easily. Perhaps he forgot just how precious life is after dying several times here. Still, he should have AT LEAST asked for help from Luna and Sombra. After all, those two were one of the most powerful beings in this world. He couldn't have just given up on life with them by his side.

Sombra sighed "Look buddy, you can't just let yourself die like that" he looked dead in Vlad's eyes "There are consequences to constant resurrection. And I must say that they are quite rough... Even from my perspective"

Vlad averted his eyes "That... Makes sence.." that was the rule he was following back on Earth. Everething has consequences. Now that he thinks about it, perhaps those 'inhibitors' were taken away from him after his death.

Luna inserted herself in the conversation "Besides, what do you think others would think?" she turned her head away, with saddened expression "After your death, Elements were at their lowest. If it wasn't for Pinkie's positivity and Celestia's support, who knows what would happen to Equestria"

Vlad looked at her, as if realizing something "..Dang" he covered his face behind hands, ehile still being on the ground "I-I never thought about it.."


After some time, Vlad was able to bring himself together. After all, time was going even while he was in his head. Luckily, with the help of Luna and Sombra, they managed to think of the plan on how to get them out of this trouble. While they were on it, they also found out that Vlad's body wasn't actually dying. Instead, it was simply losing energy and stamina, which wouldn't be fatal. Still, they had to hurry. After all, it's been a while since Vlad lost his consciousness.

Human rubbed his head "OK... Can we run over the plan again?"

Sombra huffed "Seriously? We said it loud and clear to you 2 times already!"

Vlad shrugged "Well, I wanna be 100 % sure about it! What if I accidentally do something wrong?"

Sombra stared at him "..you barely have anything to do"

Luna sighed "OK, I will explain it for the last time" she approached the blackboard (which Vlad created earlier) and used magic to pick up the stick "First, I will help Sombra to wake up instead of you and take control over your body" she looked towards the said unicorn "I can't say that I like this particular part of the plan"

Sombra rolled his eyes "Oh please, it's in my interests that he survives" he smirked and winked "I won't do anything... Wacky"

Vlad stared at Sombra in disbelief "..D-Did you just-?"

Sombra didn't let Vlad finish "Besides, I'm the only one here who can take this much pain. Vlad would simply lose consciousness again"

Luna sighed and continued "Right... Anyway, after Sombra wakes up, he will use the Panel to activate the healing spell" she let the stick back down "It might sound simple, but we don't know if it will actually work" She looked towards Vlad "By that, I mean your part in the plan"

Vlad raised his eyebrow "Me?"

Luna nodded "The thing is, we don't know how will your mind react to Sombra taking control"

Sombra clicked with his tongue "Gotta agree with princess here. Humans have a pretty strong and complicated mind" he snorted "Otherwise, I would be wreaking havoc by now"

Vlad ignored the last part and hummed "I mean, as long as Sombra goes according to the plan, everething should be fine.. I guess?"

Luna didn't like the 'I guess' part, but nodded "I hope so too.. Besides!" she smiled widely "If something goes wrong, I can always move your consciousness somewhere else! Maybe-"

Vlad put hands in front of him in 'X' pattern "No thank you"

Sombra snorted "Good choice"

Luna rolled her eyes "Well, you are losing quite an opportunity..." she then focused "Well, let's get to the 'Rescuing' then, shall we?"

Vlad nodded and looked towards Sombra "I hope that you won't get any funny ideas while in my body"

Unicorn hummed "..Can't promise you that" he then stood in front of Luna "Well, work your magic"

Luna closed her eyes and pointed her horn at Sombra "I hope that you have changed, I really do"

Sombra stared at Luna with a serious face "Look, I already told you that I'm willing to give 'Friendship' a chance. And as you know, I always keep my-"

Luna quickly interrupted him "Okay the spell is ready!" Before unicorn could answer, she blasted him with a bolt of magic "This might sting a little!"

Sombra's body got covered in blue aura. He hissed as it started to accelerate upwards "I HAte you.." he was screaming something else, but couldn't finish it, as he dissapeared from this dimension.

Vlad stared at the sky "Uh...Was it necessary?"

Luna smirked "It's just a payback. Don't worry about it, he will be fine"her horn was still glowing "I will keep track on his progress"

Vlad looked at the princess "Uh huh..." They stood silently for a minute. Vlad had his arms crossed on the chest "So... Will I feel anything after Sombra tries to take control?"

"He is already waking up"

Vlad blinked, surprised "Oh! Good to hear"

Suddenly, Vlad's arm glew up. He yelped in surprise and raised it in front of him. The Panel activated on it's own. It looked like someone was scrolling through it, looking for something.

Vlad instantly calmed down "Oh, that must be Sombra"

Luna nodded "Yes, it is him" she then winced a bit.

Vlad didn't like the sign of it "Uh, Luna? What is going on up here?"

Luna tried to smile in order to calm the human "Oh, no no no everething is fine! It's just that Sombra is experiencing some inconven-"

This is when her pupils shrunk and Luna closed her eyes, hissing. She lowered herself to the ground, with her horn still up. Vlad noticed that out of 4 'Quick Heals' , only two remained. This was alarming, to say the least.

Vlad quickly approached Luna and put his hands on her neck "Luna, what is happening?!"

Another 'Quick Heal' dissapeared out of Vlad's Panel. Luna started to feel a but better, and managed to mutter something out "That... Was unexpected..."

Vlad frowned "OK, I think that it's enough. Can you call Sombra back?"

Luna shook her head and stood up "Y-Yes, certanly.." she looked much better now.

Luna's horn stopped glowing. A small purple spark in the sky appeared, and started to descend with a high speed. After some time, Sombra's body landed near to Luna. Unicorn didn't look so well, to say the least.

Vlad lowered himself above Sombra "You... You are still alive, right?"

Sombra's eyes were wide, and his mane totally ruined "I...Am..?"

Luna looked down at Sombra and tilted her head "That's probably what you deserve"

Sombra closed his eyes and opened them again. His face changed into the annoyed one "Oh piss off..."


Ferum was walking, well, limping, along the path towards Ponyville. After he woke up, he felt awful. Still, he was able to move, and it's all that mattered. Luna had to leave, since she also had other duties. But she promised to visit human and Sombra this night.

Vlad exhaled, as he finally managed to reach the town, and leaned onto one of the trees "Geez..."

Sombra spoke up "Try to think of consequences next time. I don't want to go through this hell again"

Ferum snorted "OK, got it... As if I would rather to experience this again" he sighed and continued "Besides, we managed to find out that my Heals have a limited power. That's-"

He went silent, after one of his passive skills activated. He instantly looked up and met eyes to eyes with a unicorn. He was staring at dragon, before hurrying somewhere else. Ferum looked at him go and decided to let it slide, for now.

Sombra huffed "Tsk, no maners from ponies nowadays... I remember that when I was younger, they used to..."

Ferum stopped listening to Sombra the second he mantioned his youth. Dragon managed to balance himself and started walking towards the castle. All that he wanted for now, was food, shower and sleep.

Well, and maybe some courage to meet Luna again. She did say that she was going to lecture him and Sombra when she reaches them.

Author's Note:

Ok, now with finally dealing with Vlad's badass (Idiotic and inefficient) behavior, we can move onto some actual stuff! Sure, I will enter some sudden weaknesses and stronger sides to the Panel in the future chapters, but I will also try to focus on the plot again. After all, what is the story without some average edgy villiain eh?

Or maybe I will not insert any threats... Like, I have some ideas with original characters from the show and made up ones. Gotta think on it more.

Also, thanks to everyone who gave some tips in the comments. Those really help me to improve.

And with that being said, thank you all for your patience and see you all!