• Published 2nd Apr 2022
  • 3,358 Views, 86 Comments

When life gives you EXP - FanOfSun



Another story about human falling into Equestria...That's it

  • ...
18
 86
 3,358

Chapter 10, part 2: Left 'n' Right

Two days earlier

Right Wing and Left Eye kneeled before Princess Celestia herself. They were patrolling the palace (well, at least one of them did) a few minutes ago, when one of the guards approached them with a message. For some reason, Princess wanted to see them privately. There was nopony else in the throne room.

Celestia smiled "No need for this, you both can raise your heads" after they did, she continued "I called you there to ask you something"

Left Eye and Right Wing exchanged glances and looked back at Celestia. The pegasus spoke up "You Highness, what do you mean by that?"

Celestia explained "Well, it's actually a favor for my dear sister, Princess Luna. A few days ago, she noticed something quite bizzare while doing her duty" her face then changed "I'm afraid that there might be a chance that Sombra came back"

Left Eye's ears perked up "W-Wuh-?!" His mouth got quickly shut with a hoof.

Right Wing slowly lowered it "This does sound very concerning, your majesty" he then tilted his head "But why did you tell this to us?"

Left Eye huffed "Isn't it obvious? She-" his eyes widened and he corrected himself "I-I mean, I a-assume that her majesty called us to investigate!"

Celestia smiled "This is correct. I want you to visit Ponyville and find out more about this. I don't want to alarm more ponies since it could be not that important" she then looked at one of the colored windows. It had Sombra's defeat illustrated on it "Still, I can't risk the safety of my subjects" she looked at the guards now "You do have a choice however. I would never force anypony to do anything that they do not want"

Both guards looked at each other and saluted "At your service, your majesty!"


Both guards came back from their patrol around Ponyville. Due to the risk that this could raise panic, Celestia ordered them to go undercover as tourists. As they came back to their rented room, Right Wing started writing the report to Celestia right away, while Left Eye simply decided to yet again have a reat.

After some time, pegasus was finishing the letter "..and, due to us not finding anything suspicious yet, we will continue to investigate further untill your next instructions" he signed the letter, put the writing tools away and rolled up the paper.

Left Eye glanced at him "So, you wrote it, congratulations" he then yawned "Hiw are you going to send it now?"

Right Wing sighed and mumbled "I'm not even surprised..." he turned at the unicorn with a letter in his wing "I guess you weren't listening, as always, so I will explain it to you as blunt as possible. I hope you DO know that Twilight Sparkle lives here, in Ponyville"

Left Eye snorted "Oh come on, everypony knows that!"

Right Wing nodded "Right, so does everypony know that she has a dragon under her command to deliver letters" he then thought for a second "..no, wait, that just sound wrong"

Left Eye sweated a little and glanced away "Uh I...Yeah, I knew that, obviously! That's just so easy to memorize"

Right Wing just rolled his eyes "Well then, I hope that you know where does she live" he threw the letter towards unicorn.

Left Eye caught it with magic and shrugged "I will figure it out" he stood up and smirked "As I always do"

Right Wing ignored the last part "Make sure not to cause trouble"

Left Eye waved with his hoof "Yeah yeah sure. I will do my best" and with that, he closed the door.

Right Wing sighed "I hate when he is like that.."


As Left Eye stepped onto the streets, he yawned. As much as he liked being a guard, sometimes it was getting boring. Same could be said about his comrade. But truth must be said, if it wasn't for Right Wing, Left Eye could end up in many troubles. You could even say that he was the least disciplined guard to ever exist. If it wasn't for his passion to help ponies and scouting abilities, of course he would be kicked out.

Left Eye looked around 'Alright, there should be just one dragon around here. What was his name again...' he shook his head 'Eh whatever, I will figure it out'

Left Eye started walking around the town. Huge amount of tents and wagons were placed around it due to the Festival. Honestly, Left Eye was sure that another reason why Right Wing picked this job was because of this exact event. Now that he paid at least some attention to surroundings, he noticed that there were quite a lot of other species. Apart from ponies, Left Eye saw gryphon, a weird bat pony with an eyepatch yelling something about 'chan', one of the reformed changelings with a dragon and...

"..." he stared at the duo. The dragon Left Eye was supposed to meet had to be small and purple. This one however, was orange and...Not small.

Left Eye snorted "Well well, I guess that Wing is about to get dunked on!" he was always happy to point out his friend's mistakes.

Still, Left Eye had a job to do. After roaming for a little bit longer, unicorn finally found this crystal castle. Left Eye simply entered it (since everycreature was doing the same thing) and hummed while looking for the small dragon.

'Now, what should I do? I was told that the dragon would be here, but where exactly?' he thought for a few seconds '..Nah, I will just wait for him to conveniently show up!' with that idea, Left Eye started to actually examine the whole giant room. Nothing in particular was catching his eye, since everething looked bizzare to him 'Seriously though, how do they manage to live here?'

"Can I help you?"

Left Eye turned around "Oh hey, I was looking just for you!"

In front of him, indeed, stood a small, purple dragon. He tilted his head "For me?"

Left Eye nodded "Yeah, I have this letter to send.." he glanced around and whispered "I'm actually a guard undercover" he then hesitated before continuing "..what is your name by the way?"

Dragon opened his mouth and silently nodded "Roger that, leave everething else to Spike..." he then added "..That's my name by the way" he winked аt him.

Left Eye winked as well "Alright, thanks for that pal" he then approached the door "See ya around!"

After unicorn exited the castle, he smirked "Well, job done good enough, time to get some snacks!" he then noticed yet another dragon. This one was the weirdest one Left Eye had dever seen. He was leaning onto the tree near to the path guards patrolled today and looked...Exhausted? The weirdest thing about him was the sweater. Left Eye would keep staring, if dragon didn't stare back at him. Left Rye sweated a bit and hurried to get away.

As he was far enough unicorn exhaled "Geez...What a freak" he then chuckled "Like I'm any better, staring at everypony" Left Eye then stopped in front of the wagon that was selling hayburgers. Guard was about to approach it, when he finally noticed that he doesn't have any bits with him.


Right Wing had finished a book he was reading. He looked at the clock '..It's taking him forever' it was nearly two hours since Left Eye left with saying 'It's not that hard to find a giant crystall tree like castle around here, is it?'

Suddenly, the said unicorn entered the room "Oh hey W, and before you ask, yes, I have delivered the letter"

Right Wing nodded "Good" he put the book away "What took you so long?"

Left Eye snorted "Well, for starters, there were several dragons! You told me that there was just one"

Right Wing raised his eyebrow "I have never said such a thing. If you had read the report about Ponyville population, you would memorize that including students, there are 2 dragons living here"

Left Eye rolled his eyes "Whatever, the job is done" he levitated his saddle bag towards him "I'm going to get some hayburgers, you want anything?"

Right Wing rubbed his chin "I think that I will go with the classic hayburger, nothing ever beats it"

Left Eye put the saddlebags on "Kay got it.." he then looked at Right Wing "..Did you just say that TWO dragons live here?"

Right Wing nodded "Indeed, that's what is written in the latest report we got. Why are you asking?"

At first, Left Eye snorted. Them, he laughed "Hey, then YOU are the one who is bad at planning!"

Right Wing just sighed "Seriously...So, and how can you prove it?"

Left Eye calmed down a little "W-Well, because there are THREE dragons living in Ponyville! I saw the third one on the way here!" he then started laughing again.

At first, Right Wing just stared at him. That had to be a prank or a lie. Then, he memorized one of the best traits his comrade had and went silent.

Left Eye have never ever lied in his life.

Author's Note:

Aye Aye 70 likes reached!

So I guess that working with other stories didn't go quite well. Then I will focus on this one more!

Also, a small question: Who is your favorite out of the duo featured in this chapter?