• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 1,728 Views, 23 Comments

The Phoenix Project - Cydon



What do you do when you wake up after millenia of cryosleep?

  • ...
4
 23
 1,728

Prologue

The Phoenix Project
Prologue

Appleloosa is known for its hot days and today was no exception, the growing settlement was nearly two years old now and was being expanded to house the ever growing population. But with a higher population comes a higher demand on the basics such as fresh water. With the desert being as unforgiving as ever several volunteers were needed to dig a new well for the town, among the volunteers were Sheriff Silver Star, and Braeburn Apple. The new well was to be dug just on the southern edge of town towards the Macintosh Hills. The work progressed smoothly and slightly ahead of schedule as Braeburn continued work on the already ten foot hole.

Shick…Wump...Shick…Wump...Shick…Wump ”Phew this sure makes a pony thirsty.” Shick…Wump...Shick…Wump...Clang… “What the? Uhhh... Sheriff... you might wanna come take a look at this.” Braeburn shouted out of the hole.

“What is it Braeburn?” Sheriff Silverstar shouted back with a hint of curiosity.

“Something big and made of metal." Braeburn said while tossing out some more dirt.

“Well how big do you reckon it is Braeburn?” Said Sheriff Silverstar while he peered over the edge of the hole.

“Well.. I’m not sure Sheriff it looks like it’s pretty big, but we won’t know for sure unless we dig it up.” Braeburn stomped his hoof onto the ground causing more dirt to float around. When it cleared he noticed some black lettering on the metal, curious Braeburn began to clear away more dirt revealing the words. Phoenix Project Pod 007 Incipimus iterum phoenix resurget ex favilla. "What do you reckon that means Sheriff?”

“I don’t rightly know Braeburn but I think we should leave it alone for now and go get some of them adventure ponies like that Daring do.”

“Alright Sheriff that sounds like a good idea we’ll send a letter to the Equestrian Historical Society to send an archaeologist to come and take a look at it.”

“An arcawhatsitnow?”

"An archaeologist."

"...."

"...."

"An ark.awhat?"

"An ar..oh Never mind, lets just go back to town and send that letter. "

Author's Note:

Tell me if you find any mistakes and I will attempt to fix them.
(Word is so much easier)
Edit: March 8,2013 I decided to revise things a little.