• Published 8th Sep 2022
  • 6,031 Views, 1,072 Comments

The Omnitrix Hero - Banshee531



Flash Sentry always liked helping others, but in a world full of magic and amazement an ordinary guy can't do much. That is until a strange watch crashes down from the sky, allowing him the power to become one of ten mighty alien heroes.

  • ...
17
 1,072
 6,031

PreviousChapters Next
Behind the Alien: Lantool

Good evening, explorers and omni-planetary travellers. I welcome you back to our exciting galactic tour, as we arrive at the final planet on our intergalactic tour.

Today, we will be taking a look at the origins and home-world of one of Flash's most interesting aliens. Lantool.

Let's see how this strange form of life came to be, and how they made a place in the universe.

Whilst I would normally suggest taking pictures to help remember this trip, I'm afraid any camera or recording devices will have to be put away. You did remember to bring lead lined bags for them, right? You didn't? Oh...oh well.


The scene opens up, not on a planet but on what appears to be a miniature galaxy from the appearance of it. A rainbow coloured star appeared to be in the very centre of this galaxy, which gave off a vast array of colours that flowed into the galaxy and gave it a beautiful glow.

Cosmicore. A micro solar system roughly one hundred million kilometres in size. This solar system is composed of a rainbow dwarf star, that is surrounded in billions of tiny rock and debris pieces. The energy of this dwarf star has an unusual characteristic and will cause anything electrical to overload and explode once close enough.

Because of this, many ships originally tried to stay clear of this area of space. But some ship captains did not heed this warning and chose to instead use the area of space, as a shortcut in order to get somewhere. This can work, so long as the dwarf star doesn't let out an energy pulse.

A transport ship is flying close to Cosmicore. Said ship is carrying a bunch of objects, too numerous to count, but one of them is a large collection of metal and glass boxes designed to hold energy cores when they're not being used.

The ship is running late and was trying to use the shortcut through the system in order to make up time. But as they did, the rainbow dwarf unleashed an energy pulse. It struck the ship and caused it to go into overload, the pilot trying everything they can to stabilise it. But there's no way to do so and the ship explodes.

The ship's debris and cargo fly into space, the cargo protected by their transport crates. But several crates hit the rocks in the solar system and due to already being damaged, break apart and scatter the contents everywhere.

This includes the metal and glass cases, which float around aimlessly.

It was a random event, that would change the destiny of this system forever.

Suddenly, a bolt of red energy from the rainbow dwarf shot out and struck one of the boxes. The energy was channelled into it, able to stand up to the energy output and store the red energy within.

This built up energy remained like this for months. And as it did, more of the boxes were also struck and absorbed the different coloured energies into themselves.

Scientists are still trying to determine what caused it, but somehow the confined energy gained a consciousness and eventually evolved into an intelligent life form.

The first captured energy opened its eyes, which were green, and the being finally awakened.

It looked around and found it was completely alone, though the beauty of the rainbow dwarf was certainly an impressive sight to be the first thing to see. But once the shock and awe wore off, it tried to figure out what it was, where it was and why it was there.

It pushed against the side of the box and found it could move it, the energy being pushing its way through the solar system in search of answers.

Name: Pulserian
Alien Type: Intelligent Energy
Intelligence: 6/20
Abilities: Energy generation and energy construct formation.
Form: Energy being made up of differently coloured energies, Its natural state being that of a round sphere with eyes a different colour to its energy body.

Pulsarians were literally born through catching lightning in a bottle, as the fact they were born at all was simply an act of many random things happening in just the right way. The fact that it happened once is amazing. The fact that it happened multiple times is nothing short of a miracle.

The red pulsarian eventually found another box and flew up to it. This one was full of pink energy, which was simply that. The red energy being simply stared at it, wondering what on earth it was. But it could sense the energy inside of it was just like it, so chose to stay with it.

As it waited, the red being chose to test its own abilities. Inside the box, it found it could reshape its body. First it forced out a tendril of energy, which it was able to make a hand with. It then tried to reshape its entire body, first turning into a box to mimic what it was trapped inside. It then changed to mimic a nearby rock, followed by a metal pyramid that floated past.

Slowly, it mastered reshaping itself and eventually gained a form it seemed comfortable remaining in without much effort. This form appeared humanoid, only instead of legs it had a wispy tail.

It then held up its hands and began to change their shapes. It made them circles, then squares, then triangles. It then tried 3D shapes, turning his hand into a cube and then a pyramid.

For two weeks, it slowly mastered its control and was able to make many intricate shapes. And on the fourteenth day, the pink energy suddenly moved.

The red alien turned to see it open its light blue eyes and look around, the red one moving over to it and trying to communicate. However, the energy being had no way to speak or even an understanding of what speech was.

The pink energy seemed a little shy, but the red one began to show it all the things it could do and the pink one started opening up and being interested in what it could do.

Slowly, the pink one learned to manipulate its body the same way as the red one and the pair began to search through their strange home. When they did, they found more cubes that held many different coloured energies inside.

The two got to work, finding a nearby metal crate that they push over to the cube they found and safely placed it inside. They did the same with all the other cubes they came across and after a few weeks, they were joined by a blue, yellow and green pulsarian youngling.

The five continue to find more cubes with stored energy, though many of the cubes have not been struck by the energy of the dwarf. Others simply don't have enough power, whilst others were too badly damaged to hold anything within them.

When first being born, pularian's energy bodies are usually no larger than an Earth golf ball. But as time goes on and they started generating their own energy, the pulsarians will grow. Theoretically, there is no limit to how big a pulsarian can become. However, the larger they get the harder it is for a pulsarian to control their powers. Most pulsarians like to keep their bodies at around four to five feet in height, though some do try to control themselves at greater sizes.

Now numbering around fifteen, the pulsarians had all grown quite larger.

They were so large, in fact, that they were now barely able to fit inside their containment cubes. They continue to push them through the air, but the size issue is proving problematic.

Eventually, one of the pulsarians had had enough. A black pulsarian created a drill-like tool and pushed it into the glass, cutting into it and eventually creating a hole.

The pulsarians had never left their cubular homes and had no idea what would happen if they did. Now they would find out.

The black energy being finally broke through the glass and was able to fly out through the hole it made. It shot into the depths of space and zipped around, able to move much faster now.

The other pulsarians were amazed by this and were able to break out of their cubes, but then the black pulsarian felt its body growing weaker and weaker.

Alas, the pulsarians cannot survive outside of their containment devices for very long. Their bodies are so unstable, leaving them for even a minute will cause their matrix to break down and the energy that makes them up to disperse uncontrollably.

The black pulsarian would have screamed if it possessed the ability to, the others all watching in shock as their friend simply vanished into nothingness.

This terrified them, many feeling their lives were hopeless. They knew they would keep growing and eventually outgrow their boxes, but they were trapped within them.

However, the red pulsarian chose to test an idea and did the same as the black one. It quickly drilled a hole into the glass, shocking its friends, but did not leap out. Instead, it let some of its energy out through the hole so it could disperse into space.

This caused his body to shrink, the others fearing he would soon die. But once he was at a comfortable size, he stopped his energy flow and remained as he was. The red pulsarian was amazed by this and didn't feel like he was going to dissipate. After a few minutes, the others confirmed he was alright and all did the same. Soon, they were all shrunk down and able to move around much more freely. In fact, they were able to do something even better.

A blue pulsarian sent out a tendril through the hole and once outside, it shaped it into a buzzsaw like appendage that it was able to cut through a rock with.

The other pulsarians soon found they were able to do the same thing, using the small hole to allow them to truly interact with the rest of the universe. The red and pink pulsarians even made a hand and held each other for the first time. It was truly an amazing moment.

With more control over their abilities, the pulsarians started exploring their home and eventually explored every area of it. Eventually, their curiosity led them to leaving Cosmicore and exploring the rest of the galaxy. And eventually, they found they weren't alone in the universe.

The pulsarians travelled through space together, able to fly as far as they wanted without the need for rest or to replenish themselves. And as they flew far enough away from their home, a ship suddenly came into view.

This was the first time these creatures had ever seen anything like that. And they were quite shocked to discover creatures living inside it.

Those creatures were a bunch of crab-like aliens that were known to the galaxy as cerebrocrustaceans. These aliens flew out of the ship, each one in a crabby space suit, and investigated the pulsarians. The creatures seemed a little frightened, but eventually the crabs showed them they had nothing to fear and the living energy creatures were soon welcomed on board their ships.

With the meeting of the cerebrocrustaceans, the pulsarians whole world changed. With their incredible intelligence, the cerebrocrustaceans were able to determine many things about the pulsarians. They even taught them to understand several forms of language. And eventually, they put their brilliant intellect to helping the pulsarians become more integrated with the universe.

Multiple cerebrocrustaceans were working on specialised suits, designed to be just like the containment cubes the pulsarians were in. There were many different kinds of suit, though all had the same lantern-like device somewhere on it.

There were ones that looked like Sci-Fi film flying saucers with the lantern on the top of them. Ones that took the forms of dogs and other four legged animals. And ones that looked like the cerebrocrustaceans themselves.

Each one also had nozzles somewhere on them, which were either part of the arms and legs or extended out of the main body by tubes. These would allow the pulsarians to not only expel excess energy, but create the variety of tools and weapons they had learned to make for themselves.

Once the creation of their suits were completed, the pulsarians found themselves able to actually be a part of the universe around them. One such way these suits helped them integrate was the inclusion of a special device, built into each of the suits that allowed them to project thoughts as sounds. This communication device finally granted the pulsarians the ability of speech, requiring them to learn how to talk.

The pulsarians were now all in suits, both the red and pink ones having gray version of the suit Flash used as Lantool, and were currently sitting in a classroom with a cerebrocrustacean teaching them many things about the universe.

The pulsarians were eager to learn and practised every moment they had free time, which soon became very little as they were also being taught more practical things.

With their ability to create a vast array of tools out of nothing, the cerebrocrustaceans chose to teach them more practical skills. One such skill that these aliens discovered they had a talent for, was mechanical engineering. As soon as they saw their first engine, the pulsarians became interested in learning how they worked.

A year after meeting the cerebrocrustaceans and getting new suits, the pulsarians were inside a ship hanger looking at the disassembled spaceship.

The red one nodded to the rest and they all shot into action, using their energy hands to pick up different pieces of the ship and use them to rebuild the ship. They attached the parts and either screwed, bolted or welded them into place.

Some were rebuilding the engines, others were rebuilding the thrusters and some were simply attaching the hule atop areas of the ship that had been rebuilt. In only a few hours, the ship was completed and the pulsarians had their own ship to travel the galaxy in.

Upon learning everything they could from their first friends, the pulsarians decided to travel throughout the universe and try to discover what purpose they had within it. For many years, they travelled from solar system to solar system, planet to planet, learning all they could from the inhabitants of them and letting themselves grow as a race.

And overtime, they realised what they were best at.

An appoplexian ship was flying through an asteroid field, when suddenly a rock smashed into one of its engines and caused it to blow. The appoplexians put on their space suits and went out to try and fix it, but found they had no idea how to repair it. One of the giant cats got so mad, it smashed its fist into the part and damaged it even more.

It was in that moment to pulsarian's ship arrived and the energy aliens flew out to help them.

They quickly got to work, some returning to the ship for the parts they needed whilst others began repairing what they could. Others were using their tools to keep any of the large rocks from getting close to them, either by cutting them in two or grabbing them to throw back into space.

Within an hour, the appoplexian ship was back online and the angry tigers were happy for once.

Thanks to their myriad of skills and the ability to move and survive in space, the pulsarians have evolved into the universe's greatest breakdown recovery specialists. The second they pick up a distress beacon, they rush over to help and are able to get the ship moving in no time at all. Unfortunately, they can not be everywhere at once.

Once the appoplexians were gone, the pulsarians returned to the ship. And as soon as they did, they detected another distress beacon and flew over to help. But they soon found they arrived too late, as the one who sent the beacon had drifted too close to the sun and had burnt up.

The red pulsarian slammed a nozzle onto the console, wishing there had been more of them to help. But there were only a small number of them...for now.


The scene changes back to Cosmicore, the rainbow dwarf looking just as beautiful as ever.

The pulsarian ship arrived just outside the range of the dwarf's pulses, the pulsarians opening the ship's airlock to allow the red, blue and yellow pulsarians to fly out. As they did, they were carrying large crates that they dragged into the solar system. And when they were close enough, they opened the crates to allow a bunch of containment cubes to float out of them.

These cubes soon littered the solar system, the pulsarians watching and protecting them from accidently hitting anything that could damage them. As they did, the rainbow dwarf's energy began to fire out its energy and hit several cubes.

Doing so caused them to suck the energy inside and trap the power within. Once that was done, the pulsarians grabbed them and returned them to the ship before heading back out. More cubes were infused with energy, all of which were eventually collected and returned to the ship.

Once the last cube was charged, they left the system and began to head somewhere they could settle down and wait for the new pulsarians to be born.

As they began their search, the red pulsarian asked the pink one to come with him. She did so and they headed to the storage room, where red showed pink several empty containment cubes he had chosen not to take out to the rainbow dwarf.

The pink pulsarian looked confused, until red told her his plan. She seemed surprised by this, but then nodded as her eyes showed a look of joy.

The pair pointed their nozzles at the box and unleashed some of their energy into it. The pink and red energy began to mix together, creating a light red or dark pink colour that sparked with power. As they did, the other pulsarians arrived in the cargo hold and were surprised to see this.

Red and pink continued to pump as much power as they could into the cube, until finally it was charged and they stopped. Both had trouble floating for a moment, their friends having to help them stay up, but they soon recovered and stared at the box containing their combined energies. Their child.

The other pulsarians saw this and turned to the empty boxes, some of them deciding to float forward and create their own offspring. The next generation of pulsarians were about to come into being.


Fast forward and the scene lands on another planet that seemed pretty much dead.

The planet had no vegetation, no water and no signs of ever having life on it. For many species, it was the worst planet to live on. But for the pulsarians, it was perfect.

Zooming down on the planet, the cameras lands on a settlement where the pulsarian ship had landed atop a mountain similar to the Ayers Rock. The flat topped hunk of rock was the perfect spot to land. And its forty meter tall walls were perfect for turning into homes.

Several holes had been dug into the rock's side and within them, the pulsarians were watching as the energy spheres continued to grow stronger within the confinement cubes.

At the ship, many pulsarians had just returned from space. They were carrying pieces of machinery, either from wrecks they had found in space or simply parts they had replaced on ships they had saved. They flew them down to a cave, where a bunch more junk had been piled up.

The pulsarians have become one of the greatest recycling species in the galaxy. Using anything they might find to build new containment suits for their future generations.

The red and pink pulsarians stared at the box containing their offspring and suddenly, it moved and they both took a closer look. And then, its light blue eyes opened and the pulsarian baby was born.

The happy parents would have cried if they were capable of it. The baby looked at the pair and slowly, formed a connection with them.

At the same time, the others pulsarian babies were also born. Those that had created their own offspring began to bond with them, whilst those that hadn't would look after the ones created from the rainbow dwarf.

In the years to come, these new pulsarians would grow and learn. They would each design and build their own containment suits, whilst being taught everything the cerebrocrustaceans had taught their predecessors. They would later travel into the galaxy and see all the wonders that awaited them there, whilst helping any ship that might call out for help.

As we fast forward, the planet is transformed with every passing generation. Metal buildings began to surround the rock, some being ship garages and others being homes and businesses run by the pulsarians that chose not to become space mechanics. More and more buildings appear and spread across the planet until, finally, we reach modern day and the entire planet has been transformed into a metal metropolis.

Despite the generations that had past, the story of their origins was never forgotten. As such, the planet took the name of the place that had birthed their entire race.

Neo Cosmicore. A thriving metropolis planet and a great place to end our galactic tour. Until our next trek into the ever expanding omniverse, I wish you safe travels back to your home planet. Onwards, to our next big adventure

Author's Note:

Well, that's the last Behind the Aliens. We're reaching the end of this story. And the final part may come sooner than you think. What did you think of this particular origin? I quite enjoyed it. What about you?

PreviousChapters Next