• Published 8th Sep 2022
  • 5,974 Views, 1,072 Comments

The Omnitrix Hero - Banshee531



Flash Sentry always liked helping others, but in a world full of magic and amazement an ordinary guy can't do much. That is until a strange watch crashes down from the sky, allowing him the power to become one of ten mighty alien heroes.

  • ...
17
 1,072
 5,974

PreviousChapters Next
Behind the Alien: Firefly

Good evening, explorers and omni-planetary travellers. I welcome you back to our exciting galactic tour, as we arrive at the next planet on our list of places to see and explore.

Today's planet is the homeworld of Flash Sentry most hot-headed alien, Firefly.

Please be sure to keep all forms of insect repellent stored out of sight as we travel through the planet's terrain. The locals are not big fans and can be rather temperamental.


The scene opens up on a planet that appears similar to earth. However, it is almost entirely green with only a few areas of water.

Hivexus. Much like earth, it is the only planet in its system that contains any life. The entire planet consists of one large continent with very few areas on the surface that contain large bodies or water. Despite the low number of lakes and oceans that exist here, millions of rivers and streams cover the planet and constantly run in a single direction across the planet. This has kept the planet's ground well nourished, allowing a multitude of different plant and animal life to flourish.

The only lifeforms on this planet are insectoid in nature, these creatures living within the large jungles that cover the landscape.

The camera zooms in on the planet, entering one of the jungles and revealing the place to be filled with multiple different trees and other flora. One of the most interesting trees were massive red ones with trunks so large, a person could fit an entire house inside of one. Moving higher, roughly fifteen meter high, large branches could be seen sticking out of the sides.

And hanging from these branches were a bunch of odd looking structures made of a white silk-like substance. They were either cone or cylindrical in shape, making them resemble hanging tents.

Moving inside these structures, we find it is full of three strange creatures.

Name: Larvanti
Alien Type: Intelligent Insect
Intelligence: 4/20
Abilities: Wall crawling. Fireproof silk creation.
Form: Black caterpillar body with large round head and green sideways mouth, with two long ribbon antenna sticking out the top. Body split into five sections with a large round rear on end that has a green band around it, with two short pincer-like spikes on the end. Each section has a stubby leg with a green spike on the end.

Larvanti. A small but interesting creature that live in almost every jungle on Hivexus. These caterpillar aliens live their lives in the fireproof Flonk trees that also grow all over the planet.

One of the Larvanti crawls out of its house and up the side and string until it reaches the branch, where several more Larvanti can also be seen crawling along the branch towards the end of it. On the edge of the branch is a cable made of the same white silk as the houses, which is stuck to a large log that has the other end connected to another tree's branch end.

Acting as a bridge, this log allows them to move over the gap and reach the other branch. This branch didn't have any houses on it. Instead, a large number of fruit were growing off the branches. This fruit was a red egg-shape with yellow stripes, which the Larvanti reached and pulled up to start snacking on.

The Flonk tree will produce a large assortment of Flonk Fruit, which is a special fruit only Larvanti are allowed to consume. This is because the chemical composition is needed to allow the Larvanti to undergo a special metamorphosis after a decade of eating the fruit.

One of the Larvanti finishes eating the fruit, then begins crawling over to the trunk of the tree. At said trunk, a large hole can be seen leading to an interior chamber that has been carved out of the wood by something. Inside the chamber, multiple cocoons can be seen hanging from the ceiling.

Said cocoons are green in colour, an effect of the Larvanti silk mixing with the Flonk Fruit.

The Larvanti climbed up the wall and once on the ceiling, started covering itself in the green silk. Layer upon layer of the green slime covered its body, wrapping it up more and more until it was completely covered. As the silk hardened, it formed a tough outer shell which is completely fireproof and almost entirely unbreakable.

A Larvanti will remain in this cocoon for almost two months, left almost completely defenceless and under the watchful eye of what they are aspiring to become. Ignisect.

Name: Ignisect
Alien Type: Intelligent Insect
Intelligence: 6/20
Abilities: Flight. Fireproof silk creation. Fire production and expulsion.
Form: A black humanoid insect of between three and four feet in height, wearing red fire patterned armor covering everything except its mouth, neck, shoulders, upper-arms and lower legs. Two fire patterned butterfly wings on its back an a large red sideways mouth. Armoured hand guards that open at the ends to allow fire to be released.

An Ignisect flies into the chamber, eating another piece of fruit and looking up at the many cocoons.

Ignisects. An interesting species that is born as a result of the Larvanti's metamorphosis. Having hatched from the cocoon, this new insect has gained a myriad of new abilities that include flight and fire production. Their new ability to launch fire is a result of a new internal organ that produces a form of non-toxic acetylene gas, which can be sent to their arms using special veins.

The Ignisect holds out an arm as if to check the temperature and then looks unhappy, so opens its arm and unleashes a stream of fire that fills the room. Nothing inside burns, but this causes the heat within the room to increase.

Larvanti cocoons need to remain in a high temperature in order to complete their metamorphosis. Should the room they are become too cold for too long, they will never hatch. This is why keeping the room at a steady temperature is a must for the Ignisect. The future of their race depends on it. And if they manage to keep the cocoons warm...

One of the cocoons started moving, slowly swinging back and forth before a crack appeared on the side. That crack grew larger and larger, until eventually something broke out of it. That something was an Ignisect, the other one flying up and helping it pull the cocoon away from its body.

As it pulled itself out, the fire patterned wings on its back started unfurling themselves. This allowed the new Ignisect to fly out of the remains of its former prison and fly down towards the ground with the first one. As it did, it looked itself over and was amazed by its new body.

The first Ignisect patted it on the shoulder and held up a piece of fruit. The new one happily took it and started chowing down, as the pair stepped out of the trunk chamber and looked around to see many more Ignisect flying around. Some were carrying food around to feed the Larvanti and others of their kinds, whilst others were building and repairing the silk tents using their own silk.

And some were carrying mud and rocks as they flew down and placed them on a crack that had appeared on the Flonk tree, using their fire to melt the rock and dry to mud so that it sealed this crack up.

The new Ignisect spread its wings and took to the air, but seemed to have trouble properly controlling its flight. But after a while, it managed to get the hang of things as a group heading out of the nest offered to let it come.

The Ignisects often spend their days foraging for food, building their homes and patrolling to make sure nothing enters their territory. If something other than a member of their hive were to do this, they would need to announce it to the king of their hive.

For the Larvanti and Ignisect are not the only intelligent species of insect on this planet. There is another that rules over them all.

One of the Larvanti leaves its silky home and reveals themselves to not be like the others. Instead of being black with a green stripe on its rear, this one is mostly green with a black tail stripe. It crawls along the branch and the other Larvanti seem to be giving it a wide berth.

Every so often, about five percent of the time, a Larventi is born that is different from the others. Not only is it a different colour, but it is destined to transform into something else entirely. The most powerful insect on Hivexus.

As the Larvanti reached the trunk, something flew down from above and landed on the branch in front of it. The leader of its nest and the one the Larvanti might have to replace one day.

The Vesparmis.

Name: Vesparmis
Alien Type: Intelligent Insect
Intelligence: 4/20
Abilities: High speed flight. Armoured exoskeleton. Arm mounted energy stingers that can paralyse.
Form: Humanoid insect of between six and seven feet in height, with green exoskeleton, big red bug-eyes, red hair around back of its neck and long ribbon-like antenna striped red and green. Black shoulder coverings with spikes running along the outside, black forearm gauntlets with five white clawed fingers and a black tube on the back of the arms with a white spike on the end. Black armour covering the thighs and feet, with two large white toe-like spikes covering them. Four see-through dragonfly wings on back.

The Vesparmis. The king of the insects on Hivexus. Despite them both originating from the same creature, after the metamorphosis its DNA is completely different to that of the Ignisect.

The Vesparmis picks up the green Larvanti and leaps off the branch, summoning its wings and flying through the air at incredibly high speeds. The Larvanti is amazed by this, as it and its adult form move through the forest patrolling it for anything that could threaten the nest.

Unlike the Ignisect, Vesparmis did not develop the ability to produce fire. Instead, its flying power has risen to incredible levels. Whilst a Ignisect can fly at about thirty miles an hour for about thirty minutes, Vesparmis can reach speeds of up to seventy and can fly for over four hours at this speed without needing to stop. They have also developed their own form of offensive power, which they use to protect the nest from one of Hivexus' most dangerous predators.

The two suddenly see a large stream of fire shoot up above the trees and ignite a few trees, the pair flying towards it and arriving to see a group of Ignisect fighting against something huge.

Name: Metamicidae
Alien Type: Predatory Insect
Intelligence: 0/20
Abilities: Fireproof armor. Powerful scissor jaws. Acid spitting rear.
Form: Ant-like alien the size of an elephant, whose head, body and rear are made of metal. Six long black ant legs, dowsing rod antenna with metal balls on the end and metal mandivils that link to form a crescent moon-shape.

Metamicidae, the creature at the top of Hivexus' food chain. This giant ant-like alien is equipped with everything it would need to take down Ignisect.

An Ignisect launched a stream of fire at the Metamicidae, but its metal body didn't even warp as it was consumed by the flames. The ant crawled out of the flaming area unharmed, then raised its rear end before firing a stream of green liquid out of it.

The Ignisect managed to avoid it, but when the liquid struck a tree it caused the trunk to start melting. As it fell, an Ignisect spat a bunch a silk out of its mouth, hitting the ant's feet and sticking the ones on its left side to the ground. But the Metamicidae shot out more acid that covered its legs and melted the silk, whilst its legs didn't even look burnt.

Its metallic body can protect it from from almost anything and due to its diet of eating Flonk Trees, the metal has evolved to be able to withstand heats of over four thousand degrees. This along with its razor sharp claws and dangerous acid have allowed it to become an Ignisect's worst nightmare.

The Metamicidae shot out another blast of acid, which an Ignisect barely missed getting hit by. But a few splashes off it managed to land on its wings, causing it to cry out in pain and begin to fall towards the ground. The Metamicidae moved towards it, snapping its jaws ready to snack down on it. But before it could, something flew down and slammed its foot into the ant's head. The Vesparmis.

The humanoid insect kicked the predatory one away and turned to the Ignisect, which was now being aided by two others. As they helped it back into the air, the Vesparmis pointed at a branch with the green Larvanti on it. Another Ignisect picked the worm up and they all flew away, as their leader turned back to the Metamicidae.

The pair stared one another down before the ant fired its acid at the humanoid insect. The Vesparmis quickly took to the air and avoided the acid, using its high speed to avoid the multiple blasts that were sent its way. As it did, the spikes on the back of its arms suddenly glowed purple before they extended into blades the size of swords.

Despite not wielding fire like its nest mates, the Vesparmis can generate a form of energy that it can solidify into a blade-like weapon. When this energy stinger is stabbed into something, the energy will be distributed throughout it. Should the the target be a life form, the string will cause a numbing affected that can cause complete paralysis should enough of it be injected into it.

The Vesparmis zigzagged back and forth, using the trees as shields to protect it from the acid shot. Once the Metamicidae was out of acid, the hornet-like alien shot forward and pulled its arm back. And before the ant could think of a way to defend itself, the Vesparmis reached its back and thrust the blade forward.

The energy blade pieced the metal body, which seemed to have no defense against this attack. The energy then exploded outwards and zapped the entire alien, making it cry out as its body began to go numb. It then fell to the ground, alive but unable to move.

The Vesparmis landed on its back in triumph, then raised its other stinger ready to end this threat to its home.

If too much of the paralytic energy enters the body, the target will finds all its organs begin to become paralysed. And that can only lead to one thing.


Back at the nest, the Ignisect and Larvanti waited to see if their leader would return.

Many seemed worried, but others seemed to have complete faith in their leader. And sure enough, that faith was well warranted. For moments later, the Vesparmis flew back towards them looking entirely unharmed. The Ignisect all cheered and launched fire into the air in celebration, whilst the Larvanti all looked on in admiration. The green Larvanti seemed a little intimidated, as the Vesparmis flew up to the top of the central Flonk Tree where a silk and wood castle of sorts had been made for it.

Due to the Vesparmis' protection, the Ignisect have been able to survive and thrive despite the constant threat of Metamicidae attack. This has caused the Ignisect to develop a natural indebted nature towards the Vesparmis, causing a rudimentary cast system to develop with the Vesparmis on top.

The humanoid hornet entered the castle a sat upon a large throne, whilst several female Ignisects fly over to him holding bowls of fruit and other delicious oddities.

A few moments later, the Ignisect that had protected the green Larvanti flew in carrying the royal worm in its arms. The green one looked up at its future form, whilst the Vesparmis nodded back at it.

Nobody is sure what causes the birth of a Vesparmis Larvanti, since research has shown that any combination of an Ignisect or Vesparmis can produce one. Two Vesparmis could sire a hundred younglings and only birth the black variant, whilst two Ignisect could possibly have the green variant on their very first try. This truly is a question only the universe could possibly answer.

Due to the extreme rarity of a green Larvanti being born, its birth is always celebrated when it happens. Many nests hope that a new green Larvanti will be born as the last one is taking over for the previous one, forming a line of succession. When a new Vesparmis finishes its metamorphosis, the previous one will begin teaching it how to fight and protect the nest from threats.

A right of passage seen in many nests is for a young Vesparmis to head out and defeat a Metamicidae on its own. Should it succeed and return, the previous leader will step down and allow its heir to take control of the kingdom whilst they take an elder and advisory role.

But just because the birth of a green Larvanti is rare, it doesn't mean there's never been a situation where more than one hatches around the same time. And when that happens, it can turn into quite the show.


Moving to another section of the jungle, we find another nest of Ignisect and Larvanti.

But this nest had three Vesparmis. One standing on a branch looking down at the other two, this one appearing much older then the pair as they stared one another down. Behind both of the Vesparmis were groups of Ignisect, who cheered for the one in front of them.

Should two Vesparmis hatch relatively close to one another and both prove themselves worthy of leading the nest, the choice of who becomes the next leader can only be decided one way. Ritual combat.

The two Vesparmis charged at one another, both creating their energy blades and beginning to slash at one another. Their blades clashes, being the only things in the known universe that could be touched by the other, whilst the insects tried a variety of different ways to incapacitate the other.

When their blades didn't work, they started throwing punches, kicks, attempted to catch the opponent's attack and so much more. As this happened, the Ignisects and Larvanti watched with worry about the future of their nest. And eventually, one of them managed to catch the other's kick and swing it around.

The other Vesparmis was thrown against the trunk of the Flonk Tree and before it could push itself away, the opponent stabbed its energy blade into its back.

It was only a third of the blade, but this was enough to paralyse the Vesparmis entirely. So when the opponent pulled away, it began to fall towards the ground. With the Ignisects cheering for it unable to help, all they could do was watch as their chosen champion hit the ground.

It laid there as its opponent flew down and pointed its blade at its neck, giving it a simple command. Yield.

Seeing no other option, the paralysed bug admitted defeat for all to hear. The Ignisect on the victor's side cheered as the winner flew up, whilst the others flew down to help their fallen friend. The winner flew up to the elder Vesparmis, who nodded in recognition that this one was the next leader.

This day will be one of great pride for the winner, but one of great shame for the loser.

The victor turned to its fallen competitor, as the paralysis was beginning to wear off. The Vesparmis pointed into the jungle, showing the loser that he was no longer welcome there. Once it could fly, it turned to fly off. The Ignisect that had supported it turned to the new leader, who was giving them a decision. Submit, or leave.

After a few moments, several of the Ignisect turned to follow the Vesparmis whilst others flew up to the new leader and knelt for them.

Losers of this battle will be forced out of the nest and either have to survive on their own, or attempt to make a new nest with whatever Ignisect they can find and convince to join them. It won't be easy, since finding a new Flonk tree to live in will be hard to do. But if they can overcome this challenge, they will be able to make a nest how they want it.

As they flew through the jungle, they saw many other insectoid aliens that look like ones from earth. Humanoid stag and rhinoceros beetles. Millipedes the size of horses. Man sized mantises with metal scythes for arms. Giant dragonflies with drills on the end of their tails and so many more.

Hivexus. A dangerous planet to live on for sure. Luckily, we won't be making our residence here permanent. Now I think it's time we head off to the next planet on our tour. I hope you packed plenty of sunblock, for our next destination is a sweltering place. Onwards, to our next big adventure.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed a look at Firefly's home planet. What part was you favourite? Let me know in the comments below.

PreviousChapters Next