• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 1,732 Views, 224 Comments

Forever a DJ - leafz pegasus



world famous DJ fakes his death to lead a more laid back life.

  • ...
11
 224
 1,732

Chapter 2 The 'Death' of a DJ rewritten

Forever a DJ

By: Leafz Pegasus

Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The ride up to the 10th floor, the highest floor in the apartment complex, was quiet, being no one else in the elevator helped.

I guess I could… no that wouldn’t work. How about…. Nah, not that either.

“Why does faking my own death have to be so damned difficult!” I finally shouted to the empty space in the elevator.

I was about to shout more curse words but the elevator had other plans, and made the arrival at my floor uncharacteristically fast. As I trot up to the door of my room, I heard some music from the next room over.

Huh, must be Sonata. I’ve never heard this one before, must be new…
I briefly thought before returning to the task at hoof.

I resumed putting in my key and entering my, rather large, apartment and put my headset onto the nightstand, and unceremoniously flopped onto the queen sized bed. Not even bothering to brush my teeth or take a shower, I started to grow sleepy and the last thing I thought before succumbing to sleep was,

How can I fake my death without suspicion? Meh, hopefully it’ll come while I sleep…


The next morning I woke up to Celestia’s sun shining down on me from the open across from the bed. “Ugh, why does the sun always manage to do that...” I groaned into my pillow. I silently laid there, almost dozing off to the amazing dream I had while sleeping about mythological creatures called ‘penguins’ until a loud knocking interrupted me from the door.

“Who would be up now? It’s like, 7 am.”

I shuffled up to the door and groggily open it with the little magic I had after just waking up.

“Hey Soarin, shouldn’t you be on your way to Baltimare by now?”

“Yeah, but I wanted to stop by and say hi. As well as ask you about your plan.”

“My plan? I haven’t exactly thought about that yet to tell the truth…” I said sheepishly.

“Well alright, you can call me later to talk about it, I have pie and an air show to go to—“

“Soarin that’s it! I’ll do a performance at your air show later and stage my ‘unexpected’ death there!”

I almost shouted out of sheer joy at how the plan is already taking shape in my head.

“Uh, I’ll just be on my way, it’s at 3, if you aren’t there, we’re starting without you!” Soarin exclaimed while starting his walk toward the elevator.

“Yup, see you there.” Then I added at almost a whisper, “I’ve got some bank accounts to transfer and some fake IDs made. Yup, I think I’ll be breaking about 20 laws in under a day. Oh well, by the end of the day, hopefully I’ll be dead.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Taking a bag of bits, a fake ID, and some of my DJ equipment that I’ll need for the ‘performance’, I made my way to the train station and purchased a ticket to the next train heading for Baltimare. The train arrives 30 minutes later at exactly 12 o’clock noon.

Trains are notorious for being on time on the second. How they are so accurate puzzle me even today.

The train ride was rather uneventful besides a rainbow mane fan asked me for my autograph. I had to write her 7 autographs, which she claimed were for her and her friends, which I gladly signed.



Once arriving at Baltimare, I noticed the same rainbow mane mare talking with some other mares. I assumed these were the friends she was talking about earlier. One had purple hair with a pink streak, another had violet and curly, one more had normal blonde tied in a pony tail, one, which you could barely see because she seemed to almost encase her within her friends’ circle, had light-pink, another which had hot-pink and hair that seemed to defy gravity, and the last one you notice had electric blue hair and purple sunglasses on with a tattoo on her front foreleg that said ‘PON3’.


As I made my way over to the stadium, I noticed a familiar light-blue pegasus at a restaurant with three empty pie trays on the table and the pegasus sighing contently as he patted his stomach.

“Hey Soarin!” I shouted as I trotted up to his table.

“Oh hey Disc, I was just finishing up what were probably the best pies I’ve ever had!”

“Well alright pie boy, I finally have my plan complete. I have everything planned out to even the place I’m going to. There’s this really small town called Ponyville down in the valley near Canterlot and that seems like the perfect place. I already bought the house and some of my equipment and personal belongings are being moved there as we speak. All I have to do is the actual stunt and I’ll be living my life the way I want to again!”


“Alright, but where do I come fit into this evil little plan of yours?” Soarin asked questioningly.

“You, my pie filled friend, are going to fit into my devious plan because I’m doing a stunt that involves you carrying me up reaaalllyyy high and dropping me while I play the electric guitar in mid-air. The stunt involves you catching me when I end the song, but you’ll ‘miss’ and I’ll fall behind the stadium and there you’ll catch me, fly me up to a balcony where I have hair dye, and some colored contacts. Once this is all over, DJ 1NS4N1TY will be dead and I’ll be on my way to my new home in Ponyville.”

“Wow, you actually thought this through. Wait, what about your money?”

“Oh that, I already transferred all of it to my other account under my real name Leaf Disc.” I added triumphantly.

“Well, I’ll help you Disc, but I swear, if I get bad publicity from this you’ll actually be dead.” Replied Soarin jokingly (I hoped).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later.


“Alright ladies and gentlecolts, give it up, for, TTTHHHHEE WONDEEEERRRRRBBBBOOOOLLLLLTTTTSSSSS!”

After the announcer said their names, the Wonderbolts flew over the side of the stadium in a huge arc leaving a trail of lightning and smoke behind them.

“Alright, Showtime. Get ready Baltimare, you’re gonna have one less celebrity after tonight.” I said to no one in particular.


“Alright folks, we have a special guest here for the show tonight. You’ve all heard of him, everyponie’s favorite DJ, DJ 1NS4N1TY!”

After the mention of my name, the crowd became a frenzy of screaming fans shouting DJ 1NS4N1TY over and over again. As I half-galloped into the center of the stadium, the screaming became louder as I unsling the guitar off my back and into the white glow of my magic, putting an enchantment on it to play without needing an amp or electricity. Soarin flew down to me and I grabbed onto him and he then rocketed into the sky. After you and Soarin reached the preset altitude, he let go and I started playing.


The end of the song was nearing its end and I looked to Soarin and signaled to come to me. As he neared me, I feigned trying to grab his hoof, only to grab only air and continue to plummet downward. Soarin tried his best, which, by a Canterlot actor would have deemed realistic, look of worry and rocketed after you. After you went down behind the wall of the stadium, at the point where nopony could see me, Soarin actually started to try and catch me, stopping me from hitting the ground mere feet away.

“Alright, now see that balcony up there? Head there, after you drop me off, go back up, bring up my shattered guitar as well, it’ll be proof, now go! I’ll see you in two weeks at a café in Ponyville, now go before they get suspicious!”

“Alright, goodbye Disc, see ya soon.” Soarin replied solemnly.

As I watched my friend go back up to the main stadium, I started to feel a pang of guilt stab my heart for what all of my poor fans were about to endure.

The death of my parents still haunts me today.

I shook my self out of my self loathing and began to spray on the black hair dye, effectively making my amazing navy blue pelt a deep black. Then I put on the blue colored contacts. I swiftly outstretched my horn and the evidence spontaneously burst into flames and quickly disintegrated. A slight headache formed since I rarely practiced using magic and a spell of even this level combined with enchanting the guitar as well as holding it took a lot out of me.

I may be a good DJ, but I’m no Star Swirl the Bearded.


I quickly galloped up the stairs ignoring the headache and paused once I saw what was going on in the stadium. I looked down to the center. There I saw Soarin with his head in his hoofs with my shattered guitar being held together only by the strings sitting next to him. Spitfire was crying, while Fleetfoot had a look of complete indifference on her face.

Well screw you too Fleetfoot. I thought to myself.

On the big screen, I saw that it read, ‘DJ 1NS4N1TY, RIP.’ The next thing I noticed was how quiet the stadium is even though not five minutes earlier shouting was considered inside voice. The announcer stated that the show was cancelled and everypony started to get up to leave.

Alright, time to start my new life as regular old Leaf Disc again.

Today, a DJ died, but in that death another was born.



30 minutes earlier

(PoV) Vinyl Scratch.




“Hey Vinyl, wake up! The show is gonna start soon!” shouted an excited Rainbow Dash.

Well of course she’s excited, she’s about to see the Wonderbolts.

It was no big secret that Rainbow dash wanted to be in the Wonderbolts. Vinyl was about to say something that might have been along the lines of,

‘Alright stop screaming or I’ll tell Soarin you have a crush on him.’

But the announcer interrupted her.

“Alright ladies and gentlecolts, give it up for, TTTHHHEE WWWOONNNDDERRRRBBOOOLLLTSSS!”

Everypony around Vinyl started screaming and cheering, making the music that she made as DJ PON3 sound like classical. The cheering only increased as the Wonderbolts lead by Spitfire flew over the side of the stadium and flew down to the center. There they stood for a good 10 seconds before launching back into the air and started doing aerial maneuvers such barrel rolls, aileron rolls, victory rolls, and some other stunts that Vinyl couldn’t name. As they finished, the announcer came back on.


“Alright folks, we have a special guest here tonight, I’m sure you’ve all heard of him, everyponie’s favorite DJ, DJ 1NS4N1TY!”

This time it was Vinyl’s turn to cheer as the world famous DJ as well as her idol trotted out from one of the entrances to the center of the stadium. The young DJ took center stage and pulled a guitar off his back and held it in a brilliant white glow of magic while grabbing onto Soarin. Then they both flew straight into the sky and at a height of what seemed like a mile, they finally broke apart and the sound of the DJ’s guitar soon filled the audience’s ears.


The song soon reached it’s climax and Soarin started to dive after the DJ, but at the point they were supposed to grab each other, the DJ’s hoof’s reach was too short and they missed each other by mere inches. The crowd all gave a collective gasp as the famous DJ continued to plummet toward the ground and vanished behind the wall of the stadium with Soarin following behind. The crowd sat in shocked silence until Soarin came back over the edge of the stadium. Carrying only a shattered black electric guitar being held together by what seemed like only the strings. DJ 1NS4N1TY was nowhere in sight.

Soarin was shaking his head as he slowly and grimly flew to the center where the rest of the Wonderbolts were waiting as the severity of what had just happened slowly getting to the Audience. DJ 1NS4N1TY was dead. On the big screen they put up ‘DJ 1NS4N1TY, RIP’ and finally that’s when the audience just broke down. Some just sat there, contemplating why such a thing could’ve happened, while others just broke down into tears, knowing full well that the iconic DJ was gone forever. The announcer finally stated that the show was cancelled and for everypony to go home. As Vinyl and her friends slowly and sadly walked back to the train station, somepony with a black coat, white mane and blue eyes walked past them with a look of urgency about him as he trotted over to the train station, the very same train Vinyl and her friends would be going on to go back to Ponyville.