• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 1,731 Views, 224 Comments

Forever a DJ - leafz pegasus



world famous DJ fakes his death to lead a more laid back life.

  • ...
11
 224
 1,731

Chapter 7 Revelations

Forever a DJ
By: Leafz Pegasus


Chapter 7: Revelations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV Leaf Disc

Warning: Sad everything inbound!
Editors note: So many feels….




I was at a loss for words.

I couldn’t speak, think, or even move. But the moving part was mainly because of the three scared fillies cuddled up next to me underneath the damp overhang. The storm was still raging outside of the small sheltered rock formation.

How will they take me being the former DJ 1NS4N1TY? Will they be mad that I faked my death and caused everypony so much grief?

I could easily understand if they did. After my parents’ death twelve years ago, a brutal murder in cold blood right in front of me, I had a front seat ticket to their lives’ fading away and could do nothing to stop it. The killer was never even found. He just disappeared.

I had felt like I was a hollow shell.

I had contemplated suicide many times during that dark and lifeless period of my life. Just going about everyday life like it was mandatory. Not a single thing gave me enjoyment or happiness. Actually, back then there was one source of happiness for me.

The only thing that kept me from pulling the figurative trigger was a young gray mare with a two-tone brown unkempt mane and a boom box cutie mark. Her name was Hip Hop and would always somehow find a way to keep me from losing my grip. Whether it was showing me different music, taking me to a Wonderbolts air show, or just taking me to get a treat at a Los Pegasus candy shop, she could always keep me in a relatively happy mood.

One day I almost gave up on life once more. I was still a colt, only 12 years old. After getting daily visits from Hip Hop for nearly two years since my parents’ death, one day, she didn’t show up during her usual time. Thinking to myself that she was just running late, I waited. I waited, and waited. I waited for hours until it was dark and I just walked slowly back to my empty home, feeling dejected and hurt. The only pony that cared about me apparently cared no longer.

After seven years of depression, I finally worked up enough willpower to get a DJ job so I could pay for my parents’ house. Their bits weren’t going to last forever. Another year went by, a little better than the previous years. I was still rather depressed but I smiled every once in a while at least. I played oddball venues and working when I could. Los Pegasus, being the party capitol of the world, had a larger demand for DJs than most other cities in Equestria. I was noticed by a music producer from Canterlot at one of my usual venues and asked if I would go to Canterlot to produce music.

Also, he mentioned it as if it was just a little side note; “The pay is 5,000,000 bits a year if you go double platinum.”

My jaw almost hit the floor when he mentioned that last part and I promptly said yes. I signed my soul away, the contract, and he told me to meet him at the train station the next morning.

After two years of DJ-ing all over Equestria, spreading the stage name the record company gave me, DJ 1NS4N1TY, I went triple platinum and became the famous DJ that everypony knew and loved. I thought that life was worse than my old life; At least in my old life I smiled every once and a while and I got to actual decide what to do. I met my present best friend and Wonderbolt, Soarin, after he and I met at a bar after doing a performance together at one of their shows. He was the only pony who understood me and could relate to.

I finally snapped out of reminiscing my horrible life and looked down at the three fillies clutching me. I shifted my body a little, considering I was currently sitting on my tail and had not noticed until now. As I shifted, the three crusaders woke up and after looking curiously at my navy coat and now red eyes, started to hug me harder than before.

“It’s alright girls, I’ll get you all to Rarity, Applejack, Big Macintosh, Granny Smith, Soarin and Spitfire. I promise this if even if it’s the last thing I do in this world.” I said in the most honest way I could.

These fillies will get back to their families even if I die trying. At least I have nopony to worry about me if I die, these little fillies did.

I looked outside and noticed that somehow the storm was still going on. It seemed to have gotten dark, but it was hard to tell since it had been dark since the storm started.

I decided that I needed a little rest if we were going to get to Ponyville in the morning. I found a comfortable position on the cold, damp ground and lay down on my side. The crusaders slept in the curving crescent of my body and used my stomach as a pillow, trying to comfort themselves as best they could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mane 6 PoV



“C’mon Pinkie hurry up! We need to get the others!” shouted an impatient Rainbow Dash.

“Hey, Pinkie where’d you go-“ Rainbow was cut off before finishing her sentence.

“I’m right in front of you silly filly!” Said a voice from in front of her while her back was turned.

“AAHH!!”

Rainbow Dash crashed into a tree that had appeared in her way as Pinkie surprised her, throwing her off course.

“Ow, dang it Pinkie, we need to be serious here!”

“I am being serious! I already told all the others, well, everypony except for Vinyl. She had a gig. So I didn’t bother her with trivial information.” Replied the psychotic pink mare.

“TRIVIAL INFORMATION?! PINKIE, DISC AND THE CMC ARE IN THE EVERFREE FOREST AND THEY COULD BE HURT! HOW IS THAT TRIVIAL!?!!?!” Shouted the infuriated cyan Pegasus.

“Because I read ahead! Don’t worry Dashie, they’ll be fine!” Said Pinkie enthusiastically.

“Read…. Ahead… never mind. Just Pinkie being Pinkie, now, let’s hurry and get to the Twilight’s!

“Okie dokie lokie!” replied Pinkie, who was now in the tree above her.

The two mares hastily made their way to the library where the rest of their friends, were waiting.

“Where d’ya think they are Twi? Pinkie said they’d both be here by now.” Said an impatient Applejack.

As soon as Applejack finished her sentence, the door to the library burst open and a cyan, rainbow blur sped into the library, missing a shelf by mere inches. A pink mare soon bounced in following the blur.

“Well, I hope that answers your question Applejack.” Said Twilight.

“Good Heavens, what happened to you two?! Rainbow, just LOOK what you did to your mane! It looks awful! I canNOT stand here and let such an abomination of fashion and beauty live a moment longer.” Exclaimed an astounded Rarity.

A second later, Rarity had Rainbow Dash in a barber chair that Pinkie pulled out of nowhere, and began fixing her mane. After about five minutes of protest from Rainbow, and cutting and styling of hair, Rarity held up a mirror to show Rainbow her new style.

“AH! WHAT DID YOU DO?!” Shouted a disgusted Rainbow Dash.

“I killed an abomination, and turned it into a fashion statement.” Said Rarity proudly, and with a flip of her mane.

“BUT-BUT –BUT, ITS NOT AERODYNAMIC ANYMORE! And it’s all fanc- diff- bad!”

Rarity had put Rainbow’s usually unkempt mane into curls of rainbows instead of just having the individual colors flow freely down.

“BUT- Oh never mind. We need to find Disc and the CMC before it’s too late!”

“Oh, right. Sorry darling, I got a bit carried away there for a moment.” Apologized Rarity.

“OK then lets go. To the Everfree Forest! Spike,” Twilight asked her assistant, “Watch the library while we’re gone, OK?”

“Sure can do Twilight!” Replied Spike from the upstairs loft.

The six mares made their way to the Everfree forest on the edge of Ponyville.

“Alright girls, in order to find them as quick as possible, we’ll divide into three groups of two. Pinkie and Fluttershy, Applejack and Rainbow Dash, and me and Rarity. Any questions?” Said Twilight.

Nopony raised their hoof.

“Good, now, let’s go find Disc and the Cutie Mark Crusaders!”

“YEAH!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 minutes later




They three groups made it back to the edge of the forest. It had started storming as was scheduled and the search was called off. All three groups had no luck in finding them. Rainbow and Applejack almost thought they find them, but were chased by a large Timberwolf and had to run. Pinkie and Fluttershy didn’t find a single clue.
But apparently Twilight and Rarity did.

“Girls come look at what Rarity and I found!” Said a confused Twilight.

Twilight took two blue contact lenses from her saddle bag and held them out with her magic for the others to see.

“OK, but what’s it have to do with Disc and the CMC?” asked AJ.

“Remember how Disc’s eye color was blue? Well, what if it isn’t blue, and is actually a different color and he wears blue contacts to hide something!” said the ever-observant Twilight Sparkle.

“I don’t think he was hidin nuthin’ Twi, maybe he just has bad eye sight and doesn’t like his natural eye color?” Asked hopeful Applejack, she didn’t want to think that their friend was hiding something.

“I- I don’t know AJ. I just don’t know.” Replied Twilight solemnly.

After they made their slow, sad walk back to the library, they made a unanimous vote to find them in the morning and get some sleep.

As they entered the library, they all went to the main room and just camped out on the floor. Too tired and sad to go to their respective homes.

“I hope we find you Disc. And I hope you’re alright when we do.” Whispered Rainbow Dash as she fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PoV DJ 1NS4N1TY; Leaf Disc.



All I could see was an empty void. One light turned on in the, what appeared to be, the center of the room. There was a spot light on two ponies.

“Mom… Dad?” I tried to speak, but no words came out.

The light shut off. In their place was a gray mare with a two-tone brown mane and tail.

“Hip Hop?....” Once again, no words came out of my mouth.

A second time the light turned off. A third time it turned on. In the mare’s place was Soarin, but he didn’t look his usual self. He was just staring at two grave stones, on them were the names Spitfire and the other Scootaloo.

“Soarin… Spitfire…. Scootaloo….” Only my lips moved, my vocal chords still refused to work.

A third time the spotlight turned off, and I was scared to see who would be next.
The fourth time the light turned on it was me. I was looking at a tombstone just as Soarin was, only this time the name was different. The name was-

“NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!”

My vocal chords obeyed my command this time and I shot up from my position of lying prone on the ground and I almost hit my head on the rock above me.

I looked around the sheltered overhang with fear, realizing it was just a nightmare, I breathed a long and deep sigh of relief. I looked behind me and I saw the three crusaders waking up slowly. I sat staring at the forest for what seemed like hours but was most likely only minutes The sun had yet to rise, but I could easily tell it was dawn. I was broken out of my trance by the three girls hugging my forelegs.

“It’s alright girls, we’re going home to Ponyville now. When we get there… I’ll drop you girls of at the library and I’ll most likely end up going back to Canterlot.” I said, the sad truth finally reaching me.

“But why!” All three girls exclaimed at the same time as usual.

“Because if you hadn’t already noticed, I’m DJ 1NS4N1TY, I have to go back now since my identity’s been revealed.

“So, just cuz you’re a DJ doesn’t mean you have ta leave! Just look a’ Vinyl Scratch! She’s a DJ and she stays here in Ponyville!” complained Applebloom.

“Yes, yes I know… But she didn’t sign a contract with a record company that basically took away most civil rights.” I said sadly, as well as thinking about the alabaster unicorn.

The four of us just sat staring at the forest for a few moments before I decided that I needed to face the truth and get over it. As well as get these fillies back to their families.

“Alright, we’ve waited long enough. We need to get back to Ponyville and get you girls back to your families.”

The three crusaders just nodded their heads slowly and started to follow me as I stood up and started toward the location of Ponyville. During the time I was staring at the forest, due to the elevated height of the outcrop of rocks, I could see the Ponyville Clock tower.

After about a half hour of walking, the forest started to thin out and soon we were on the dirt path we took earlier on the way in. We were nearing the outskirts of town, and could now see the clock tower once again.

As we entered the town proper, I noticed that nopony was awake yet and I was thankful. I didn’t want to be mobbed now, especially since I was carrying three small fillies on my back.

As I passed the market square, Sugar cube Corner, The Post Office, the weather department, and the quills and sofas general store, I the library soon came into sight. I slowed my pace, I wanted to be Leaf Disc as much as possible and DJ 1NS4N1TY as little as possible. But the inevitable finally came. I was standing outside the library and soon found myself opening the door…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PoV Mane 6
30 minutes earlier





Rainbow woke up groggily.

She had a horrible nightmare; she dreamt that she standing in the Everfree Forest with Leaf Disc dying in her hooves. He was saying, “Why Rainbow? Why didn’t you come and find me? Why…..” She had woken up at that point, not wanting to see anymore of the painful dream.

She looked around the room wondering why she wasn’t in her cloud manor until she remembered that she slept here with the girls after their… failed… search for Disc and the CMC. As she looked around, she also noticed that the rest of the girls were beginning to wake up as well.

Once everypony was awake, they just sat in the middle of the room, quietly wishing that Disc and the Crusaders would just come back to them.

“Hey, why is everypony so sad?” asked a confused Spike.

“GO AWAY SPIKE!” everypony in the room shouted at once.

“Ok, jeez, it was just a question…”

Rarity finally broke the silence and spoke what was on everyponie’s mind.

“Does anypony think it’s odd to feel so passionately for somepony even though we’ve only known him for a week?”

Everypony in the room shook their heads slowly and just stared at the floor in front of them. If sheer emotion could make something happen, Leaf Disc would’ve just appeared in the center of the room. Even Pinkie Pie had nothing funny to say, not even a fourth wall break to ease the sadness. She just sat looking depressed with her mane going straight down looking at the floor like everypony else.

They all soon began to think that they were gone and to accept that, but right before that happened Rainbow and everypony else in the room froze and turned to the sound of the front door being slowly opened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PoV Leaf Disc



I slowly started to open the door with my magic, not caring who saw it at this point.

It doesn’t matter what color my magic is, the instant they see red eyes, navy coat and spiky white mane it would be a dead give away.

I finally pushed the door open and slowly walked into the library. As soon as I closed the door behind me and gently put the three fillies on my back I was tackled by a cyan blurred comet and I looked up to see a teary eyed Rainbow Dash who soon was yelling at me.

“What did you do to Leaf ?!? Why do you have the CMC but no Leaf Disc, huh? Answer me!”

I opened my mouth to reply but Twilight answered for me, already seeing through me like my old disguise was made of glass.

“Rainbow… I think that is Disc.”

Rainbow looked back down onto me and instantly noticed my red eyes and navy coat, as well as my now paper white spiky mane, the trademark look of DJ 1NS4N1TY.

“But, if this is Disc….” She started, but I finished her sentence for her.

“Yeah, I’m…. DJ… 1NS4N1TY.” Said gloomily.

“Wait, if you’re DJ 1NS4N1TY, shouldn’t you be dead?” She replied suspiciously.

“Yeah, I should be dead. I faked my alter ego’s death at that Wonderbolts performance a week ago because I absolutely with all my heart hated my old DJ life. I had no choice in anything I did. Sure being famous felt pretty good, having everypony shout my name. But it wasn’t MY name. They were always shouting DJ 1NS4N1TY, not Leaf Disc.”

Everypony just looked at me like I was some long lost relative and I was soon enveloped in a gigantic group hug. Rainbow Dash was by far hugging me the hardest out of all of them. They were all crying, but Rainbow Dash was absolutely bawling on my shoulder. This continued for several minutes until they were all asleep on me and Rainbow Dash was clutching my right foreleg.

That went better than I ever could have hoped. All my friends still love me and are more than happy to see me again, even after my revelation. I only have one question, where is Vinyl Scratch?



At a gig. Point 1 for sanity!