• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 1,731 Views, 224 Comments

Forever a DJ - leafz pegasus



world famous DJ fakes his death to lead a more laid back life.

  • ...
11
 224
 1,731

Chapter 1 Leaf Disc, DJ 1NS4N1TY; rewritten

Forever a DJ
By: Leafz Pegasus


Please continue to read through the story, my writing becomes significantly better as it progresses.

Chapter 1

Reformatted and now in 1st person view Leaf Disc.

Leaf: Yay you made it better- wait… I’m a pony now?!

Laith: yes, the internetz like you better this way. Now be quiet and start acting like a magical talking unicorn.

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


At the nightclub, The Rave, two gigantic speakers were blaring dub step at the point of the very ground itself surrendering to the intense wubs. Everypony in the room was dancing or bobbing their heads to the harsh, fast beat of the music. The music eventually started to grow softer, until the song was over. Once it ended, everyone in the crowd was cheering. “DJ 1NS4N1TY! DJ 1NS4N1TY! DJ 1NS4N1TY!” Their cheering almost as deafening as the music played not ten seconds earlier.

“ALL RIGHT, WHO HERE IS READY TO PARTY!” I shouted into the microphone, even then it is almost inaudible. Once you had the crowd pumped and ready, I put in my next, and final, song of the night. The crowd was going crazy, I even saw a few nice looking mares eyeing me from a table across the room. But my mind was under too much stress at the moment, so I quickly dismissed the thought and went back to the thought at hand.

How could I keep this up? How much longer before I cracked?

Being a DJ, I thought life would be awesome and laid back. It was for a year or two, but then I was taken to the capitol city of Canterlot, where for the next two years I would be suffering with all the stuck up rich people that lived here and sleep deprivation.

The sound of cheering and fans shouting my name roused me from my thoughts and I gave them the signature 1NS4N1TY goodbye. A rift from a guitarist that the club would provide after each performance. As I trotted backstage, I grabbed a Colt-a-cola from the small fridge, pop it open and took a gulp of the refreshingly fizzy beverage, savoring its sweet taste before finally chugging the rest of it down and throwing away the empty can. Soon I found myself walking the large streets of Canterlot to my apartment, admiring the beautiful night sky and the no less grand view of Canterlot castle silhouetted against Luna’s moon.

Once I reached my apartment complex, I typed in the password needed to gain access to the building itself. I casually strolled across the lobby to the elevators waiting at the other side. As I waited for the world’s slowest possible elevator (seriously, the thing went like, what? 2 mph?) As you are thinking this, you chuckle to yourself quietly.

“What are you laughing at?” asked a voice behind me, startling me and making me spin around almost as fast as a cobra would lunge at a mouse.

“Oh, its just you Soarin, don’t you know I hate being startled?” I asked a little defensively.

Soarin replied with a smirk on his face, not unlike a troll face,

“Yeah I know, but that look on your face was completely worth it!”

he was about to finish with a laugh, only for me to knee him in the crotch.

“OK, now it was a little less worth it…”

Soarin moaned from his new position of the ground, clutching his jewels while I helped him back up.

“Hey Soarin,” I asked experimentally.

“Yeah what is it?” he replied simply back.

“Do you ever want to just get away from all this?”

“What’s all this?” he replied, showing slight interest.

“You know, the lights, the fame, the fans, the paparazzi, the way everyone treats you just because you’re famous, and the fact that if you don’t wear something unsuspecting in public or else you get mobbed?”

Soarin laughed a bit at the last one I mentioned about mobs.

“Ha, yeah, yeah I do. But what else are you gonna do? Fake your own death or something?” he finished with an almost wistful tone.

“Soarin you’re a genius!”

“I am?” he said back, a little more than surprised.


“Yeah, I’ll fake my own death and move somewhere where I’ll finally be able to relax a bit, do the things I want to do, and since I’ve got more than enough bits from being a world famous DJ, I wont even have to really work. I’d be set for life!”

As I finished my statement, I grew more and more to liking the idea, seeing all the positives; I failed to notice the negatives. Which my friend Soarin kindly and abruptly pointed out.

“Yeah that’s all well and good but how could you even fake your death in the first place? Even then you wouldn’t have access to your bank accounts because they would freeze since you’re ‘dead’, and how do you think all your fans would feel? Not to mention where you’d go since you’re famous.”

He finished his statement with an unprecedented look of grim seriousness that I’d never seen before on my friend’s usually happy face.

“Alright fine, given that my plan does have some plot holes in it, I still want to go through with it, I just want to live my life as a DJ the way I did two years ago when I picked the venues, picked when I wanted to work, and have a great time writing my music at my own pace. Now that I’m famous, only my manager picks where and when I go to venues, and now I have deadlines that I have to meet with my music that I didn’t have previously.”

The farther I went with my statement, the more and more concerned look on Soarin’s face increased.

“Alright… fine. I’ll help you with you hair-brained scheme. But once this all falls apart I am not bailing you out like last time!”

I quickly grew slightly embarrassed at what he was implying. The last time I got an ‘idea’, it ended with the entire north side of the Canterlot wall covered in yellow paint and pillow feathers. The way I did this still eludes me to this day, and every time I’d asked Soarin what happened he would just reply, “You’d rather not know.” I never tried to push the information out of him because the face he gave me while saying so was always his, ‘ask again, I dare you because I saw what else you did while you were drunk’ face. And being a Wonderbolt, he was really strong, as well as fast; I would simply be flattened if I ever tried asking after one time.

“Alright then Disc, I’ll be on my way, I got to be up early tomorrow if I’m gonna make it to Baltimare by noon. C’ya!”

“Wait, isn’t your air show at 3 pm?”

“Yeah, but I heard about this one place that is supposed to have amazing pies!” Soarin exclaimed with the excitement one would have after meeting their idol.

“Well alright pie boy, I swear, if it wasn’t for Spitfire keeping you on that extreme training schedule, you’d be the worlds fattest Wonderbolt!” I shouted after my friend with a laugh.

As I watched my friend leave, a plan slowly started building inside of my dub step filled head. My devious plotting is soon interrupted by the arrival of the elevator, which had yet to come despite the length of your conversation.

“I probably should have taken the stairs.” I grumbled to myself.

And with that I walked into the elevator, resuming my devious thinking that would hopefully get me out of my own personal Hell.