• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 1,732 Views, 224 Comments

Forever a DJ - leafz pegasus



world famous DJ fakes his death to lead a more laid back life.

  • ...
11
 224
 1,732

Chapter 4 Start life anew, end drunk as Hell

Forever a DJ
By: Leafz pegasus

Chapter 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






The moment I had opened the door. I instantly regretted it.

There was a loud BANG accompanied, oddly enough, with confetti and party streamers.

FHSJHFIKSHFSKF- WHAT??!!

“WHAT THE HAY!”

I screamed while clutching my ears, wishing I had my signature DJ 1NS4N1TY noise-cancelling headset on, but I knew I couldn’t without giving myself away. Just keeping the thing was risky enough.

I saw Twilight walk up to me and help me up with her magic and I thanked her while she explained what Pinkie’s party cannon was.

“Alright, that would explain the loud bang, but what was the other noise I heard while I was temporarily half deaf?”

“Oh, that would be everypony else, it IS your surprise birthday party after all. As well as your welcome to Ponyville party.”

“Oh… well that would explain that as well… wait, you said surprise birthday party. I never told anypony it was my birthday today!” I exclaimed, slightly fearful as to how they knew.

“Oh, you can thank Pinkie for that.” Twilight explained with a giggle.

“But I, I, but… but…” I stuttered.

I NEVER SAID PONYSHIT ABOUT MY BIRTHDAY TO PINKIE WHAT IN TARTARUS IS GOING ON??!!

As I went on my little mental tirade, I heard Pinkie giggle next to me.

“Hehehe, I think you broke him.”

Author: I know right? Hhmmm…. Too easy. Brain fix time!

For some reason my headache instantly vanished and as I stood there dumbfounded by what was going on, Pinkie was suddenly in my face and stuffed a cupcake in my slack-jawed mouth.

“What the hay Pinki- ERMERHGERD thirs ers derricious!”

I tried to say with an entire cupcake in my mouth.

“Glad you liked it- HHUUHH! You haven’t had my super duper amazingly amazing awesome punch yet!”

The pink party menace promptly disappeared as well as her party cannon and returned with a cup of translucent red liquid that looked as if who ever drank it would die from diabetes in an instant.

“Um… yeah…. that looks delicious, but do you have anything else I could drink?”


“Aww… are you sure you don’t want just a sip?” said a slightly saddened pink mare.


As I looked at the sad party animal, I noticed that her usually gravity defying mane looked as if somepony popped it and was hanging down, actually obeying gravity.

“I’m sorry Pinkie, it’s not your punch, it’s me. I’m just not the punch kinda guy.”

I said with complete sincerity in my voice so that the saddened party pony would get out of her funk.

“OK! I’ll go get you something else!”

Pinkie rushed back inside of the bakery and everypony paused for a bit.

“Well are you ponies just gonna stand there or come in and PARTY??!!” shouted a familiar voice from inside.

As I walked into the sweet shop, a loud chorus of ‘SURPRISE!’ met me as soon as I entered the main room.

“aw thanks everypony, you guys really didn’t have to do this for me. Celestia knows I don’t deserve it.”

“Are ya kidden meh? From what ah’ve seen, yer a good stallion with a big ol’ heart and a good group o friends ta boot!” said AJ from the left of me.

“Yeah, and plus I wanted to see if you’re half the DJ you say you are.”

“Huh? Oh right, yeah. Sure thing Vinyl, it’s only fair.”

I walked up to the turntables at the end of the room. Two large speakers, (nowhere near as big as I was used to playing next to, but they were still rather on the larger side) flanked the set up on either side, making for the perfect stereotypical DJ setup.

The first thing I noticed after finally getting up onto the raised platform was how quite it was. Apparently everypony in the room was waiting in eager anticipation as to what I had to play to interest their own local DJ to the point of requesting I play a song.

Hhmmm… Oh I know! I’ll play my very first song that I made as a DJ, it was probably somewhere in the higher end of quality of what I made as DJ 1NS4N1TY, and nopony else has ever heard it before since I never published it.

As I put on the special disc, everything started to go in slow motion. I saw the tempo, bass, and the time duration on the table as well as looking down at everypony at the same time and soon the song started to .Play (Ghosts n Stuff copyright of Dead Mau5)

The beat started to slow down, signifying the end of my song and the entire time everypony in the room was bobbing their heads and or dancing to the intense music. I almost broke down into tears right then, but I just chose to smile like a maniac instead, relishing in the rush that came with being a DJ during, playing, and even writing songs.

I almost forgot what this felt like… it happened almost every other night for the past two years. But now I know that all those times were fake. My heart was never there. My head was always somewhere else, everywhere but the place I was playing.

This is what it felt like two years ago. Back when I was just a local DJ, earning bits here and there from random gigs in Las Pegasus. Back then, there was always this rush, this pleasure of being a DJ that made me proud, and happy as well as content with what I could afford and even prouder that being a DJ was my talent. Ever to be engraved on me by my cutie mark; A vinyl record with a leaf embalmed on it right where the title of a song would go.

I am who I Am. Now and forever. A DJ. (Hooray for using the title! Somewhat…)

As I broke through my inner self-contemplating, I felt a hoof wrap around my shoulder and I turned to see that it was Vinyl Scratch.

“You were amazing! That’s the first time since DJ 1NS4N1TY that I’ve heard music of that high of awesomeness!”

“Yeah, that was like, 20% cooler than anything Vinyl would have played!” (Guess who said that and you get a cookie!)

“It wasn’t that good. Not even comparable to my old boss’ music.” I mumbled with a hint of sadness.

“Now don’t go on downgrading yourself Disc, you were amazing, my club in downtown could use another DJ, it’ll give me a break for a while!” exclaimed Vinyl with a laugh, but underneath was a tone of seriousness.

“You’re offering me a job?”

“Of course, why not? You got the skills, you’re my friend, and by what you’ve said, you don’t have a job either. And you have the pleasure of working with me! DJ PON3!”

“Well I guess even if I declined, I wouldn’t have a legitimate excuse now would I?”

I finally gave in.

Working wouldn’t be so bad… and plus it’s not like Vinyl isn’t attractive or anything… Faust no! She’s my friend! Bad brain! Bad!

As I mentally slapped myself multiple times, Pinkie finally came with a drink that looked a little alcoholic, but it didn’t look too hard, it didn’t even smell that much.

“Thanks Pinkie!” I had to shout, but she was gone when I turned around.

“I have got to figure out how she does that.” I whispered to myself.

“I wouldn’t try that if I were you, I tried and ended up going crazy and having to run away from a hydra and getting smacked a few times by a door.”


Twilight walked by, replying to my mumbling and I quickly dismissed the thought of trying to find out.

Huh, I wonder what this is…

That was the last thing I thought before being more drunk than I had been in my entire life. Even more so than the Canterlot wall incident. A horrible hangover is bound to present itself in the morning. But the story of what happened will be hilarious.