• Published 21st Sep 2012
  • 2,195 Views, 30 Comments

The Blacklight that Shines Inside - Fate is Manic



Everyone knows the events of Prototype. But, what if there was another Mercer. (Before Heller)

  • ...
7
 30
 2,195

Entry #1

Journal of Private Johnathan Bekins Squad 404: Apprehension Specialist

Squad 51F: Paranormal Division

On paper it was simple. Then again, everything was simple on paper.The plans were written and signed off on, then given to my squad leader. They were to get in, grab Code-name: Hercules and get out. Simple on paper. The chase from the school ended ironically enough at a cemetery. Code-name: Zeus was KIA, we needed the kid for testing to better understand this evil that still haunted dreams. He was the last carrier. He was the last one who could hep us know the truth and we let him escape. The confrontation at the cemetery was bathed in blood. The bullets just flew through him. His arm arced through the air and through the bodies of my comrades alike. When Hercules started swinging I just stepped back. I stopped firing and stayed back so that Hercules couldn't see me. I watched my squad be massacred and I never moved. Then there was that mist. That strange purple mist that just appeared and swallowed Hercules and the girl.

I sat there and watched as my squad was killed....

Command sent in a division that specializes with strange and paranormal stuff. I'm to go in today to tell them about the purple mist...I can only hope I don't end up like the rest of my squad.....