• Published 1st Feb 2022
  • 1,775 Views, 115 Comments

Power Rangers: Harmony - ShootingStar25



All was quiet in the city of Canterlot. For years, this place was peaceful. Nothing major happens, that is... until a force from another dimension makes its presence known.

  • ...
4
 115
 1,775

Chapter 9: A Sunny Occasion

In the rangers' command center, Ash was currently doing some training. The teen had sweat on his forehead as he was pushing his endurance. For the past hour, the boy was trying to relieve some stress. He had finished his latest reps of pushups as he sat down on a bench and grabbed some water. The ranger brought the drink to his mouth as the cool, refreshing liquid touched his lips. It then passed them as it sent a signal to his brain about how good it felt.

Ash let out a sigh as he wiped his lips. He took the towel on his shoulder and began to wipe his forehead.

"I was hoping that you would be here," said a voice.

"Oh, Sunset," said the boy as he looked to the entrance of the training room; there stood the girl leaning against the door with her arms crossed.

"What are you doing here?" asked the boy as he grabbed a yellow shirt.

"I'm here for you," smiled the teen girl with a devious smile.

"Me?" said the boy as he put the shirt on as it slipped over his undershirt.

"I was hoping... since you're a skilled fighter in close combat. Maybe you could show me some holds."

"You want me to show you some holds?" asked Ash, raising an eyebrow.

"In our last fight, I found myself getting a bit overwhelmed. So I'd figured maybe you can teach me some extra stuff so that I don't get outnumbered so easily. I want to be a better fighter, so I was hoping you could give me some private lessons." said the bacon-haired girl.

"Sure, I guess," said the boy as he let out a sigh.

He then made his way to the mats as Sunset did the same. The girl took off her leather jacket as she set it to the side and faced her leader who was in front of her. The first thing that Ash had them do was lock arms as he then transitioned quickly into a side headlock. He then broke it off as he told Sunset to do it again. The teens engaged arms as the boy did the same hold before breaking it.

"Alright, that was a headlock. You got it?"

"Yeah," responded Sunset.

"That's a basic hold that you can do to anybody. Now, let me tell you some things that you can transition from it. So you can go from a headlock into a hammerlock. Mind if I show you?" asked Ash.

"Go for it," said Sunset.

Ash then grabbed Sunset's shoulders as he turned the girl around. He was behind the girl as he grabbed her left arm and brought it up behind her back as he applied pressure.

"Now, a hammerlock is if you got your opponent's arm here, you're gonna take it and bring it up behind your back. Bend the elbow, and bring it up behind the back. So once you got it here, you're gonna apply the pressure..."

Ash was walking Sunset step by step on how to execute the move. When he applied the pressure to the girl's arm, she let out a slight yelp which caused the boy to immediately let go. He was concerned that he might have hurt his teammate given he was stronger than her, but it was simply Sunset feeling the effects of the pressure that her friend said.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"It's okay," smiled Sunset as the boy was still behind her holding her arm as he continued his lesson.

"But you apply the pressure there," said the boy as he had the sweet spot in where the hold would be most effective. "And you can control your opponent that way."

"Okay, then," said Sunset as Ash let her arm go as she turned to face him.

"All right, now that's a hammerlock, not a wristlock. Hammerlock," said Ash emphasizing the difference between the two holds.

"Hammerlock. Got it," nodded the girl.

"Alright, so try to put one on me," said Ash as he wanted to see Sunset attempt the move.

Ash then raised his arm so that Sunset could grab it as she twisted it. It made Ash turn to his side as the girl twisted it some more so that she was now behind the boy as she managed to pull it off as the boy could feel a slight pressure on his arm. Sunset then released the move as Ash turned back to face her as he had a smile on his face.

"Good attempt."

"Thanks."

"Alright, now remember, for every hold. There's a counter. There's a way out of a hold. All right. So if you have somebody in a hammerlock like this," said Ash as he now got behind Sunset once more and held her arm behind her back, "There's a counter to this."

"Which is?" asked Sunset as she turned her head slightly to look at her leader.

"If you're in a hammerlock, you wanna get out of it. The easiest way to get out of it is you're gonna reach for a body part, and you're gonna try to take the person down. So, what you're gonna do on me is now, I'm behind you. I got you in this hammerlock. You're gonna reach down between your legs and grab my leg and you're gonna sweep my leg. That will make me drop to the ground, that's your escape."

"Oh, okay," said Sunset.

"So go ahead and try that," instructed Ash.

Sunset was now bending over as the boy was still behind her. At that moment, another voice was heard.

"I forgot my..."

Rainbow had passed by the entrance to the training room as she was stunned by what she saw. The girl saw her teammates as Sunset was bent over while Ash was behind her as he still held her left arm behind her. The boy looked up to see Rainbow as he was a surprising look on his face. Sunset was unaware of the awkward situation that was happening as she was still trying to reach for Ash's leg.

"What the hell is this?!!" said the girl.

"Rainbow!!" shouted Ash as he let go of Sunset's arm as the girl fell to the floor.

"I was just getting something that I left behind... but... if you two need some time... I'll get it later..."

"It's not what you think!!" said Ash as he waved his arms about. "I was just teaching... Sunset some holds."

"Right... okay... I'm gonna leave. Just... try not to make a mess on the floor," said Rainbow as she quickly left to avoid what she saw.

"It's not that!!!" shouted Ash as he didn't like what had happened. He then looked at Sunset as the girl was still on the floor.

"What?" asked the girl.

"Training's over! Go home!" said Ash as he now stormed out of the training center.

"Ash, wait!" said Sunset as she grabbed her jacket and ran after her leader.


The entire student body of CHS was in a mood. The reason being is that tonight, the school was hosting a party. So most of the students were excited. The majority of the day would be spent getting ready for the event. That being said, the girls were all looking forward to a night of hanging out and having fun. Yet, there was also the fear of an attack might happen that would result in them having to leave the party to uphold their duty.

Sunset was currently with Pinkie as the pair were walking along the sidewalk. The party girl had to do some last-minute grocery shopping to get the ingredients for the cupcakes she was planning to present.

"So, Pinkie Pie. What kind of cupcakes do you plan to bring?" asked the bacon-haired girl.

"Easy, blueberry, strawberry, cherry..."

"I regret asking," mumbled Sunset to herself as the pink girl went on a tangent.

They entered the grocery store, and she was surprised by what she saw. Standing there in one of the aisles was none other than Ash himself. For the girl, she was stunned to see her leader out and about like a normal person. Mainly because, every time the girls were in the command center, the boy made it seem like he never left. Given that he was technically an alien since he wasn't from this dimension, it would make sense as to why he would be hesitant about leaving. But, here he was. Walking about like he was one of them.

For the yellow ranger, he was busy looking at the produce when he heard someone call him.

"Ash?"

"Hey, Sunset," said the boy as he turned around to see the girl.

"What... are you doing here?"

"Buying food," answered the teen truthfully with a straight tone.

"No... I can see that. But... you're not in the command center?"

"What? You and everybody else think that I don't leave the command center? That I'm a hermit?"

"Well, that's not the exact words I'd use... but, yeah," said Sunset rubbing her neck, smiling sheepishly.

"There's a lot of things that you don't know about me," responded Ash.

The boy was then greeted by a blur of pink.

"Hey there, I'm Pinkie Pie!" said the girl grabbing the boy's hand and beginning to shake him. "Are you new, you must be new. Prepared to be welcomed with a party, but first I need to know your interests!" she said with a fast tone. "Sotellmewhat'syourfavoriteflavor?Favoritecupcake?Music?Color?Doyoulikeparties!?"

"Pinkie!!" shouted Sunset as she grabbed her friend back as she knew how Ash was about personal space. "Don't crowd him. Sorry, Ash. This is my friend, Pinkie Pie. She gets a bit... eccentric when she meets new people."

"I see," said the boy as he could tell that from how the pink-haired girl approached him. "To answer your question. Vanilla. All kinds of music, except country. Don't tell Applejack. Yellow. Maybe."

"Wow... you just... answered all of Pinkie's questions?" said Sunset with her jaw open. She didn't expect the boy to keep up with the girl given how crazy she could get.

Even Pinkie was stunned by what she witnessed. The fact Ash managed to understand the excited girl when she was spitting out questions like a machine gun. Pinkie gasped, as she felt some happiness across her face.

"He understood me! No one has done that before, and he actually answered instead of me having to dig to find out," said the girl as she bounced up and down in place.

"Huh?" said Ash as he was confused by what the girl meant.

"Don't even try. When it comes to Pinkie and the weird stuff that happens. Simply follow this logic, it's Pinkie Pie. Enough said." stated Sunset trying to help her friend from suffering a headache.

"I'll take your word for it," said Ash to Sunset.

"So you're Sunset's new friend she talks about a lot?"

"Really? What does she say about me?" asked Ash with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing much," said Sunset looking away while turning red.

"Silly. She talks about how you're the one who has the others in a special organization. One that has some top secret stuff that you can't tell. Oh, and that you're trying to teach her how to defend herself." blurted out Pinkie unaware that Sunset was turning even redder.

"That's what she told you?" stated the boy.

"Yup," smiled Sunset trying to not look at her leader.

"Ooh, you have a fancy bracelet as well," said Pinkie as she noticed the wristband on Ash's left as the stone in the middle flashed yellow.

"Yeah, it's a special thing that is given to us for our secret organization," explained Ash.

"Does it do anything?" asked Pinkie as she was about to touch it.

"It's just a cool-looking thing," stated Ash as the girl seemed to have believed his lie. "It doesn't do shit."

"Anyways, I assume you're getting stuff for the fridge at the place. Though, I thought Rachel handled that," said Sunset.

"How do you think I've been able to survive since I got here? I didn't rely on her to keep me fed. I had to actually go buy the stuff that I was going to eat." replied the boy. "Her job is to look after me, not be my butler."

"Ooh, so you're the one that Sunset asked if they could attend that party that I'm throwing tonight?" said Pinkie as she reached into her hair and pulled out an envelope. "Here you go."

"What's this?" asked the boy as he grabbed the envelope.

He opened it as inside was a card. Ash opened it, and a burst of confetti shot out as it sprayed all over his face. He just stared at the two girls as they had different reactions. The teen then wiped it off as he began to read.

"You're invited to attend the party being held at Canterlot High this evening. It's going to be the biggest, bestest, stupendous, out of this world. Be there or be circled?" read Ash as he had a raised eyebrow looking at Pinkie.

"Don't you mean, squared?"

"Nope," smiled Pinkie with a big grin.

"Remember what I said," stated Sunset.

"It's Pinkie Pie, don't question it," said Ash as he was now starting to get an idea of how to handle the party girl's behavior and antics. "Anyways, why are you here?"

"I'm here to help Pinkie get some ingredients for the cupcakes she's making for the party."

"Yup, and we already wasted 3 minutes talking. We need to hurry!!" shouted Pinkie as she grabbed Sunset's jacket and shook her friend as she zoomed away.

Ash was about to leave when he too was grabbed by his shirt. Seems Pinkie was having the boy join them on their shopping adventure as a way to knock out his list as well. The trio spent quite a while, getting all the ingredients that the party girl wanted. When they got to the cashier, there were two stacks of food piled up with a few cans falling off. Soon the price came up as Pinkie realized she might have gone a bit over budget. Before she could explain, Ash stepped forward and swiped his credit card as the amount was paid in full. Pinkie was grateful as she gave a tight squeeze to the teen as she and the cashier began to bag the stuff.

"How were you able to pay for all that?" asked Sunset as she pulled her leader to the side.

"Again, there's a lot of things that you don't know about me. One is that my dad built Rachel to have any currency wherever I am. Plus, I had some leftover gems from my dimension that I cashed in to the bank." said the boy.

The pair now began to grab their share of the girl's bags as they exited the store. The pair managed to somehow make it back to Pinkie's house as they got tons of stares from the people they passed. Once they dropped off the bags in Pinkie's house, Sunset said she needed to talk with Ash about some things before she would get ready to attend the party in the evening. The pink girl nodded as the two teens left their friend's house.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" asked Ash.

"Oh, I just said that so that I can get away from Pinkie. No offense, but I want some me-time before the event tonight."

"Oh, well, then. I'm heading back to the command center then," said Ash as he was about to touch his Morpher to transport.

"Hey, how about we hang out for a bit? You know, relax. There hasn't been a monster attack recently. So, why not take a small break? You know, get to know each other aside as teammates?" suggested Sunset.

"I don't know," stated Ash.

"Come on! What's the worst that can happen?"

"I can think of a ton of things," answered the boy.

"Just... give me a chance. Besides, it'll be just us. And if any danger does happen, Rachel will inform us. So, take a chance?" said Sunset.

"Fine. Just this once," said Ash. "Give me a few seconds to drop off my groceries." The ranger then touched his Morpher as he turned into a yellow light and zoomed in the direction of the command center. True to his word, he returned within seconds as Sunset grabbed his hand and led him to her home.


After a while, the two of them made it to her house. It was a simple two-story orange building. Ash and Sunset walked towards the door as the girl took out her keys and unlocked them. She stepped inside as the boy followed her. The boy took a moment to look around at the interior of the house; gawking at how nice and clean it was.

"Wow, Sunset, you have a really nice home," complimented Ash.

"Thanks, I usually try my best to keep the place clean," she said, taking off her boots. "Make yourself at home," said the girl as she went to her kitchen.

Ash took a seat on the couch as the girl soon returned with two cans of soda. She tossed one at her leader as he caught it with one hand.

"Thanks," said the boy as he popped the seal and took a sip.

"No problem. Say, about what happened... with... you know..."

"Look, I... was just uncomfortable about Dash walking in on us. I didn't mean to get upset, but... can you blame me?" responded the boy.

"No. I understand. I probably would have the same reaction as you. Don't worry, she hasn't told the others. I made sure of that." winked Sunset to Ash.

"That's a relief. I don't want the others to have the wrong idea either," stated the boy.

"By the way, you play?" said Sunset as she grabbed a game controller and tossed it to the boy.

"What?" said Ash as he held the device in his hand.

"You know I'm a gamer girl. So, care to have some fun with me?" stated Sunset giving another wink to her friend.

Sunset then turned on her console as the screen came on. The bacon-haired girl slotted in one of her fighting games as she told her leader how to play. Once the game started, Sunset didn't show any mercy to her leader as within a blink of an eye, it was over. Sunset took this time to gloat as Ash was still trying to figure out how to make the device in his hand function. The girl offered to teach her training partner as she booted up another fight. Before attacking, Sunset told Ash how to move and what each button did.

With that in mind, the second round began. It had been about 2 hours since they first began. And in that time, Ash had picked up playing the game like that. It was after the fourth round that Sunset saw how much the boy was able to implement the information she had given him and incorporated it into his brain. Soon he began to know her attack pattern and he countered accordingly. Then Ash started to string combos as he managed to get the girl off guard. For Sunset, she was rather impressed. For as long as she had been playing the game and the number of hours she put in, getting better, knowing about hit frames, doing delayed moves. All of it, Ash was getting down within minutes of each game they played. Soon he was pulling off moves that even she couldn't do as it made the competitive side of the bacon-haired teen come out.

Within the time they played, the score had been tied at 35 games each. The pair were playing one final game that would serve as the tiebreaker. For Sunset, her competitive side was taking over as the gamer rage inside was on full display.

"Oh. Is that how you want to play it? Fine, I'll get rougher," Sunset growled out in frustration.

Ash noticed her picking up the pace and becoming more deadly. He felt his heart pounding as he continued to dodge and counterattack her in turn. She did get a few lucky strikes, bringing their HP so close to a high percentage. When she attacked, Ash did his best to react as best as he could and managed to dodge.

"Oh, come on! How'd you dodge that one? I got you!" Sunset ranted before placing the controller down and raging into her hands.

Eventually, it came to the final closing moments of the fight, as Sunset grabbed Ash's character and threw them forward as she dealt a hard attack. It sent his character sailing to the left and would have knocked him out, but Ash used the analog stick of the controller to input some DI of his own that barely saved his character as he stopped Sunset from hitting his fighter again and then recovered as his fighter hung on the ledge.

At that moment, Sunset had her character throw out a side special while she jumped in the air, anticipating Ash's fighter to jump. The boy jumped up as he did a side special of his own to delay his fall just enough to avoid getting hit by Sunset's side attack. As he landed on the stage just as Sunset's fighter landed as to which she spot dodged thinking the boy would attack, but instead he grabbed her and instead of throwing her forward, backward, or even upwards. He did a downward throw which flung her character into the air as she air dodged to avoid an attack but instead Ash had his character charge up his side smash as it hit the girl's character as she was but inches from touching the ground as the camera zoomed in on the final hit for 2 seconds as her fighter was sent zooming off the screen as it was over.

"GAME!" said the screen as the fighter's pose was done, with Ash being the winner.

The match was over. The game ended. Ash felt himself panting and calmed his beeping heart down, while Sunset seemed to calm down enough to remove her hands. When she saw the boy win, she glanced from the T.V. to him a few times, while in a daze.

"Sunset?" Ash asked as he was concerned for his friend.

"Marry me," she mumbled.

"What?"

"Oh!" Sunset began sheepishly while blushing darkly, "I mean that was amazing! You were able to pick up the mechanics in no time. Despite my little brief fit, I am actually glad to lose for once, especially against someone skilled."

"Yeah, well, I mean. Once I implemented what you told me, I just started to practice the fundamentals. Then I began to explore and play around a bit with my fighter. Though, I couldn't have done it without your advice."

"Thanks," smiled Sunset.

"No problem, Sunny," Ash immediately facepalmed himself for what he said. "Sorry, sorry. I don't what came over me to call you that. Sorry to disrespect you."

"It's fine. I'm not offended. If anything, I'm kind of enjoy it that you call me that." said Sunset with a smile.

"If you're offended by it, then I'll..."

"Ash, it's okay. I'm not offended by that name you can call. I like it. So, you have my permission to call me whenever you like. I promise I won't be disrespected."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Well, that's a relief. Though what was that last thing you said?" asked Ash as he didn't quite hear what the girl mumbled under her breath.

"Nothing! Nothing! Just... forget you ever heard anything!" said the bacon-haired girl as she was looking away trying to hide the red that was forming on her cheeks.

Before Ash could push the question any further, he was immediately embraced as Sunset wrapped her arms around him. The boy was all sorts of confused as he looked down to see Sunset's head. He was unaware of the girl's face as she had her eyes closed and had a smile on her face. A few minutes passed and the boy didn't do anything, mainly because his arms were trapped by Sunset's embrace. He kept a straight and confused look on his face as soon the girl let go. She kept her head turned while playing with a strand of her hair while the red on her face returned.

Ash was about to ask his friend for some clarification on what she had just said when their morphers went off.

"What is it, Rachel?"

"Seems there's another attack."

"Send the coordinates. We'll be there," replied Ash.

"Duty calls," said Sunset as she and Ash got up and hurried out the door.


The latest attack had occurred near the city's bank. The dark lords had sent a huge squad of minions to take the money from the banks. They had managed to blast a hole in the vault as they began to pass the bags off to each other as they were loading up a cart. Nearby, some of the workers and people who were in the building when the attack happened, were being held, hostage. At that moment, one of the minions heard a sound. It sounded like an engine revving as they looked down the road and saw five figures heading towards them at high speeds.

The figures pulled out their blasters and they fired at the minions as they fell. Soon they all leaped off their bikes, and with five zipping lights, they all took care of the enemies in front before zipping inside the middle of the bank as they all kneeled. The people inside saw the team of rangers and they felt smiles appear on their faces.

The minions saw our heroes as the one put in charge gave a sound to the others near the cart. He gestured for them to escape while they held off our heroes. They all nodded as they began to move. The rangers were now all engaged as they began to fight the minions. The ones trusted with the task exited the building and climbed into their cart.

"Rainbow! Twilight! Go after them!" instructed Ash as he dodged and spun kick a minion.

"On it!" shouted the girls.

They flung the minion they were fighting away as they rolled over some sweeping attacks as they exited the bank and got on their bikes. The pair were now chasing after the cart as they zoomed down the street. While the girls were stopping the cart from escaping, Ash, Aj, and Sunset were left with dealing with the rest. Sunset had managed to make it over to where the people were being held as she freed them from their holds.

"Get to safety! Move!" said the girl. She then blocked an attack with her arm and then did some knees strikes. The group of people listened to the red ranger's orders as they hurried out of the building.

"Aj!" shouted Ash as he did several backflips in consecutive order.

"Coming through!" shouted Aj as the girl charged at the minions.

The girl used her rhino instinct as she collided with a wall of the bank. The building shook a bit, as only a crack was shown.

"You can buff that out!" said Ash as he ducked under an attack and countered.

"Let's see if I can get a new high score," snickered Sunset.

The ranger was on a beam above as she had her bow in hand. She kneeled as she pulled back the string as arrows made of red light appeared. She released it over and over as the girl was snipping the enemies from above as she provided cover fire for her teammates.

While the trio was wrapping up the enemies in the bank, Twilight and Dash were still in hot pursuit of the truck that was escaping. They were swerving through traffic while trying to avoid the other cars.

"If get to the outskirts of the city, we'll lose them!" said Twilight.

"Then we better pick up the pace!" shouted Rainbow as she revved up the gas handle on her cycle.

The blue ranger was now zooming forward as her bike was coming up the side of the truck. The door behind the driver opened as the minion had a blaster in hand and it fired at the girl. Rainbow was dodging the shots as they went off behind her. Even soon came up to the side as she used her leg to kick the weapon out of the minion's hands as she kicked it back. Rainbow then stood and jumped from her cycle to the exposed door as she rolled in.

"Hey, there!" said Rainbow as she was seated on the floor.

She used her legs to push the minions from getting on top of her. She continued to fight while seated as some of them managed to grab her legs. They flipped the girl into the air as Rainbow managed to use her powers to land on her feet. She then stepped off the wall to kick the ones who grabbed her. The ranger turned around to counter and exchange fists with the rest of them while ducking and using her legs to fight.

Twilight had caught up with her driver as she put her cycle on autopilot. She was starting to regret what she was about to do as got on her bike and then jumped to the door. She managed to pull herself up as she crawled in through the window and landed on the seat as she could feel her heart pounding. The driver saw the purple ranger as Twilight waved her hand.

"Give me a minute before we fight, that was scary! I am not doing that ever again!" shouted the girl placing her hand over her heart as it was beating fast.

The minion then looked ahead as it made a noise to her.

"What?" said Twilight as the then pointed to the windshield.

Twilight then sat up as she now understood what the monster was trying to tell her. They were heading for an unfinished bridge as it would fall into a nearby river. The girl then switched places with the minion as she slammed hard on the brakes trying to get them to slow down. The sudden jerk in motion caused Rainbow and the other minions in the back to fall and tumble.

"Twilight, what the hell are you doing!" shouted Rainbow as she landed on the floor.

"Hold on!" shouted the girl as she put both of her feet on the brakes as the truck was still heading for the bridge.

The momentum and speed at which the truck was going were too much. They wouldn't be able to slow down as it was just seconds before they would go over. The girls needed a backup plan or else they would fall along with the cash that was stolen. At that moment, the animals on their suits glowed their respective colors. The two birds emerged in their mirage spirit-like form as they soared above the metal vehicle. They each grabbed a hold of the truck as they flapped as hard as they could. They managed to lift the truck into the air as they soared over the gap and landed on the other side as it came to a screeching halt.

The truck turned to the side as steam was shown coming from the engine. Everyone was relieved at how they managed to land safely as the girls let out the deep breaths they held. The pair looked at the spirits of their animals as they made noises before disappearing.

"Thank you," said Twilight, trying to calm her heart. For once, she was grateful her owl listened to her. She then looked to her side as the minion drive was making a sound that when translated meant he was saying a good job.

"Appreciate it," smiled Twilight with a thumbs up. "Oh, forgot one thing." The girl then punched the minion and down he went.

"Ash, you there?" asked Twilight to her Morpher as she panted.

"Girls, what's happening?" asked the boy.

"Shipment... is... secure. But... we're gonna need a lift."

"On it, we're just about to finish up here," said the leader to the bookworm.

Sunset was back on the ground dealing as she spun and punched. One of the minions grabbed a hold of her by grabbing the small miniskirt that was around her on her ranger suit.

"When a girl says no, she means no!" shouted Sunset as kicked the minion that grabbed her skirt as he went flying. "Nobody touches me."

"You okay?" asked Ash as he put his hand on Sunset's shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine," smiled Sunset under her helmet as she straighten out the ruffle in her skirt.

Ash now stood in between Sunset and Applejack as the group of minions left were in front of them.

"Time to end this with style," stated Ash.

"Emerald Smash!" shouted Applejack as she brought her ax downwards to the ground creating a meteor effect taking out her section.

"Ruby Strike!" shouted Sunset as she grabbed her bow and did a backflip into the air. While in the air, she pulled back on the string and shot out an attack in flames as it burned her foes.

"Topaz Slash!" shouted Ash as he jumped into the air and did a diagonal slash taking out his last bit of enemies.

The rest of the forces were taken care of. The three rangers shared some high fives and fist pumps as the people who were held hostage began to clap and applaud at our heroes. The trio managed to pick up Rainbow and Twilight as they returned the money to the bank and its people.


The team was now in the command center.

"Thankfully, that attack happened before tonight's event," said Twilight.

"Though I doubt it'll be the last. Seeing as how we'll have to be on alert," stated Rainbow.

"No, it's fine. You girls go enjoy your night," said Ash.

"Huh?" said all of them.

"You've all earned it. So, I think you all deserve a night to yourselves. So, go have fun." stated Ash.

"You sure, sugarcube?"

"Positive."

"Well then, come on! We only got a few hours, and Rarity is gonna be on our ass for being late to dress up!" stated Rainbow.

The girls all waved goodbye to Ash as they touched their morphers and left. The only one who didn't leave was Sunset as she stood there looking at her leader.

"Something the matter, Sunset? Shouldn't you get ready?"

"Yeah, but I still got time. Besides, I was hoping we could continue our one-on-one lesson from the other day?" asked the girl.

"Sure," shrugged the boy as he didn't think much of what was said.

The pair entered the training room as the boy prepared to teach his teammate some more holds and maneuvers.

"Now this is called a double leg takedown," said Ash executing the move on Sunset as he managed to get the girl on the floor as he was on top of her.

He got off the girl as she stood up.

"It's like a tackle, spear-type thing. The best defense in that is a front face choke out, okay? So charge at me with that double leg takedown," instructed Ash.

Sunset then bent down and did as her leader said. She got ahold of his legs as the boy now had his arms around her head as they stayed in position.

"Then you put your arm around and put it underneath and lift forward," said the boy doing the action as Sunset could feel it on her throat.

"Sorry," said Ash as he released the hold as Sunset lifted herself.

"It's okay," stated the bacon-haired girl as she was enjoying learning from Ash.

"Okay. See how your arm goes right against that carotid artery, you just lean back, and you'll choke out your target right out," said the boy.

"That works?"

"Yeah," said Ash. "So if I charge at you, hook your hands, and boom."

Ash now bent down as he pretended to charge at Sunset's legs. The girl did what the boy told her as she hooked her hands and leaned back while the boy could feel the girl trying to choke him out.

"Good work."

"Thanks," smiled Sunset.

She then did something unexpected as she did the double leg takedown on Ash. The boy was caught off guard as he didn't expect the girl to do the move. The bacon-haired teen now got on top of the boy as she had her hand on his shirt. For a few seconds, they stared at one another. Each had different thoughts running through their minds. For Ash, he was impressed by how Sunset's combat skills were coming along. For the girl, she was looking at her leader as she saw her hand. She knew the boy had some muscle on him as she saw him working out the other day, but right now, she could feel them as they sent a slight tingle through her body.

A tiny red formed on her cheeks as Sunset realized the situation. The girl got off before she could make it more awkward. Ash got up as he dusted himself off and gave his teammate some praises for not only taking him down to the floor but also knowing how to handle herself. They decided to call it as Sunset grabbed her leather jacket and put it on as they exited the training room.

The pair made it to the lounge as Sunset gave her thanks to Ash for helping to teach her some moves.

"Thanks again, Ash."

"No problem. Keep practicing, and I promise you'll be a better technical fighter," said the boy as he sat down on the couch and turned the TV on.

Sunset was about to touch her Morpher to teleport when her ears heard something. She then lifted her head to see the TV as the screen now changed. The sounds of a video game came online and that got the girl's attention. Not from the fact that her leader was playing given that she introduced it to him just hours before, but that it was the latest game to be released as even she couldn't manage to get a copy.

"How? What? Why? Is..."

"Oh, well, since you introduce me to video games. I remembered that Rachel told me this is how you guys in this dimension keep yourselves entertained. So when I first moved in, I asked a store employee what things I can do for entertainment. He suggested a gaming console and some video games. So I bought one and just left it here. After we left your house, I told Rachel to install the thing into the command center. Not to mention, download the latest game that was just released."

"Now I really want to marry you," mumbled the girl.

"What was that?!" asked Ash as he didn't hear what the girl said.

"Nothing!!" shouted the girl waving her arms about. "What I said was... can I get in a game?"

"Aren't you going to spend tonight with the girls?" said the boy, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah... but I still got time. So move over!" said the girl as she leaped over the couch and sat next to the boy. She wasted no time in grabbing the controller from his hands as she put on her gamer face.

Ash was surprised to see Sunset act this way, but weirdly, kind of cute. He had a smile on his face as he watched the girl have fun until she left to join the others for tonight's festivities.