• Published 17th Jan 2022
  • 157 Views, 16 Comments

Wandering - Mint Essence



A small filly wakes up in collapsed cave system, giving her no other choice but to explore her new surroundings, wandering away from all she knows

  • ...
0
 16
 157

Wandering Into the Unknown

Hesitantly taking a few steps into the abyss Radiant soon found that the darkness did indeed continue far further than than her other three directions, although this was little comfort as she was slowly drawn away from her comfortable rock face into the unknown.

The little filly continued for a good half an hour into the darkness, albeit on small and anxious hooves, until she finally found something of some note, nothing behind her being substantially different than where she had started off.

Standing before here were two separate but very similar looking tunnels, each much like the one she had been travelling down. Veered off to the left, and the other to the right.

Between them stood some sort of black metal cage in the shape of a basket, built into the very face of the wall. Looking up to the basket it didn’t seem contain anything other than a far smaller cylindrical metal stand that the young filly imagined might something long or tall in the same shape as the stand itself.

Looking back towards the two tunnels before she now noticed that an arrow pointed each way. One blue, the other green, and like the basket was made of a material yet foreign to the cave, wood.

Picking a path at random Radiant followed the green arrow, heartened both by the idea that she was making some progress, and knowing despite her faulty memory that such things could have only been left another pony.

Unfortunately this path didn’t prove too fruitful, although wasn’t quite as abysmal as her approach to it had been.

For hours she continued down the tunnel, stumbling into the occasional larger cavern or other chamber, the darkness leading her aimlessly around in circles.

Her journey was however intervaled by the odd metal basket or two, which she had thankfully found not to all be empty.

Passing one such basket she had given herself quite the surprise, as seeming to detect her presence it immediately sparked to life, revealing a bright magical touch inside, lit by a simple but powerful magical aura that shown from in.

Taking the touch she now got a better look at her surroundings, and was quite astonished upon travelling into on of the cave systems many caverns to find the entire celling, which had previously stretched far higher than her weak eyes could see, to be litter end to end with bright white, almost crystal like stalactites, hanging down from the roof in magnificently long spirals.

Re-entering each cavern she found similar formations in each, with some having accompanying spiralling rods jutting out from the very ground around her, and even the walls.

Trailing around the caverns it wasn’t too long until she was able to recognise quite a few distinctive features from the light of her touch, allowing herself to become more familiar with the caverns, eventually making her way back out.

Standing before each way again, now a little more confident with her guiding light in tow, Radiant silently made her way towards the blue arrow and down its path.