• Published 17th Jan 2022
  • 2,147 Views, 43 Comments

Mother's Return - GNGFan21



Faust manages to finally get back to see her two not so little fillies

  • ...
5
 43
 2,147

Reunion

Back in the restaurant, Faust was tasting all kinds of new foods she could have never imagined hay fries, hay burgers hay soup, and more. After the latest meal, she let out a large burb and placed the plate on top of the tower of over 40 plates.
"I have never tasted anything this tasty. Could you make anything else?" Faust asked while taking a sip of her orange juice.
The cook was looking at the pile of plates and wondering how could she still have room for more. "I... Your highness, might I suggest dessert? I don't have anything left to make food until the daily delivery of materials arrive." the cook suggested.
"Oh... sounds lovely something sweet, please. And I already told you I'm not a member of the royal family just Faust is enough. And might you tell me your name? Or do I just call you a cook?" Faust said after emptying her glass.
"Home Heart your hig... Faust. My name is Home Heart. I have the perfect dessert in mind the banana boat trip ice cream, Just a moment and I'll create one for you." Home Heart said and disappeared into the kitchen again and Faust stood in her place waiting for some dessert.

Celestia and Luna were running around Ponyville searching for the alicorn that might be their long-lost mother while Twilight, Spike, and Rainbow Dash were trying their best to stay on their tails. They visited empty alleys, town hall, shops, and any building that had ponies working or just living in their houses.
"What's wrong with these two? They are running like their life depends on it." Rainbow said getting annoyed.
"I don't know, but the way Princess looked at me. It looked like she was desperate or something like that I don't know maybe I was just seeing things." Twilight said while they continued to run after the two princesses. Soon a pink earth pony appeared next to Twilight.
"Ooo why didn't anyone tell me there was, tag a princess competition. You know I'm the tag master of Ponyville." Pinkie said giggling.
"Hi Pinkie. We are kinda trying to catch those two and ask what's going on I think." Spike said while sitting on Twilight's back.
"Why didn't you say so right away." Pinkie said and Twilight could swear that Pinkies legs transformed into wheels when she dashed after and then rammed the two princesses into the ground.
"Tag!" Pinkie said smiling. Luna and Celestia got back up from the ground shaking their heads.
"Laughter! Are you crazy!" Luna said clearly angry while Celestia placed her hand onto Luna's shoulder trying to calm her sister. "Lulu, you know Pinkie is little... different on saying hello to her friends. But could I ask why you rammed us into the ground?" Celestia asked while Twilight, Rainbow, and Spike finally caught them.

"Princesses? What on earth is going on?" Twilight asked.
"Yeah! Why are you two running like headless chickens anyway." Rainbow said clearly annoyed about this situation.
"You two are silly they are searching for the new pony of Ponyville" Pinkie said giggling.
"I'm sorry what?" Luna said.
"Come on follow your captain I know the way." Pinkie said while having somehow managed to get a captain's hat on her head and started to hop on her place.
"Better follow her trust me or you drive yourself crazy." Twilight said. Luna turned towards her sister who just let out a sigh. "You might be right. This headless running isn't the best way to approach our problem." Celestia said.
"Okay Pinkie led the way." Twilight said to her pink friend.
"That's Captain Pie to you First mate. Now follow me my trusted crew." Pinkie said and started to hop towards a certain restaurant.

Home Heart placed down the tastiest looking dessert Faust has ever seen. "It looks magnificent. Does it taste as good?" Faust asked and Home Heart let out a hearty laugh "Only one way to find out miss Faust. Please enjoy." Home Heart said and returned to the kitchen.
Faust took a spoon into her hand and took the first taste. The Ice cream melted in her mouth and the taste was heavenly and it was extremely sweet. Faust continued to eat and at that moment the bell rang while the door to the restaurant opened and a pink earth pony appeared wearing an odd hat and... a wooden sword?
"There she is princesses I told you the new pony is here." Pinkie said pointing her with her toy sword. Rainbow appeared behind her, then Twilight and Spike, and lastly the two alicorns. Seeing Faust drained the color from both of their faces and they couldn't find words to speak and didn't know what to do. At that moment Home Heart came from the kitchen.
"Princess Luna? Princess Celestia!? Three alicorns in my restaurant in one day. This is a rare honor indeed what would you two want?" Home Heart asked and took his notepad to write their orders.

Seeing the two alicorns Faust stopped eating her ice cream and dropped the spoon onto the floor. She got up and slowly walked towards Celestia and Luna. She could feel their magic there was no mistake it was her two little fillies, but they weren't so little anymore. "Tia? Lulu?" Faust said her words coming out with a shaky voice while small tears started to form and flow down her cheeks.
Celestia and Luna in turn looked at the Alicorn in front of them her mane, that cutie mark, her voice, and her aura. There is no mistake their mother had returned from where ever she was all this time. Both of them jumped forward and tagged their mother into the ground while tears of joy flowed from their eyes.
"Mommy!" Celestia and Luna yelled while jumping and hugged Faust tightly not wanting to let go.
"Mommy!?" the rest of the ponies plus one dragon yelled.

Laying down on the ground and felt her daughters hugging her with all of their might while crying like she was, but these weren't tears of sorrow no they were those of joy. The time felt like a distant concept while she was locked inside the void realm and all that kept her mind intact was the knowledge of returning to her two fillies.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I left you two alone, can you ever forgive me?" Faust asked with a shaky voice while rubbing her daughter's manes keeping them close to her.
"Yes mom we do." Both Celestia and Luna answered and released Faust from their hug and helped her up. Twilight was first to get over the shock. "So... you're the mother of Celestia and Luna miss...?" Twilight asked wondering just why Celestia or Luna haven't talked about their mother at all.
"Perhaps we should move to your library for some privacy. Home Heart, thank you for feeding my mother send the bill to the royal accountant and I'll take care of the payment." Celestia said and lit her horn up and soon then the party disappeared from the restaurant leaving Home Heart alone wondering what just happened.

Golden Oaks Library

The group appeared back in the library Twilight guided Spike to make something for them to drink while she guided the rest of the party to the table.
Spike brought some coffee to drink for all of them and took a seat next to Twilight. "Are you really mother Celestia and Luna? Aren't Alicorns made from other ponies with magical ascension like Cadance? What's your name?" Twilight asked and took the journal she had written info about this so-called mother of Celestia.
Before Faust got a chance to answer Celestia spoke before her. "Yes Alicorns can be ascended from other ponies, but we are our own branch of ponies." Celestia explained while Faust was looking at Twilight like she was scanning her.
"As for my name young one it's Faust, Faust Lorey I was also known as "Queen of Magic" when I lead the Magic Wardens as their High Archmage." Faust explained, hearing the title Queen of Magic Twilight went rigid she had an empty look in her eyes and she looked like she had short-circuited.

"If Celestia and Luna are princesses are you like a Queen of Equestria then?" Spike asked while knocking Twilights head.
Faust let out a hearty laugh. "No little one I'm not. In fact, I didn't even know that my daughters were married to the royal family so when do I get to meet my sons-in-law or daughters-in-law I won't judge." Faust said. Celestia and Luna were rubbing their necks and having a hard time deciding how to tell her the news.
"Mom... I don't know how to tell you this, but... Celestia, Cadenza, and I are the only living alicorns." Luna said having a sad look on her face.
Faust looked at her daughters. "How? How long has it been?" She asked looking out of the window.
"We aren't sure. There was some sort of plague when we were still foals and the stallion that took care of us after your disappearance sealed us into safety and promised to come and get us after it was over." Celestia explained.
"And it was Starswirl the Bearded who released us from that enchantment over a thousand years ago. He told us that he has never seen or heard of Alicorns so it might have been thousands of years more we were trapped in that stone and all of it passed us in an instant." Luna finished.
Faust closed her eyes. "Thank you Discord." she silently thanked Discord.

Twilight had finally managed to process what Faust had told her "You are THE QUEEN OF MAGIC!? But wasn't that just a myth? Oh my gosh, there is so much I can learn from you! You got to tell me everything!" Twilight said
"Ugh way too much drama for me. I think I'll head to Fluttershy and see if she's okay." Rainbow said and left
"We just have to have a welcome home party for you miss Faust I can already see what kind of cakes I can make for that party. I gotta go and start planning right away! Bye Twily!" Pinkie said and left hopping through the wall of Golden Oaks library.
Faust looked what that odd earth pony just did. This place was magically protected how did an earth pony manage to just walk through the wall? "What is she? How could an earth pony do that?" Faust asked.
"Twilight while I fully support your want to learn more I must ask if you could stop for now and let us leave for Canterlot there is much mother needs to see. I'm sure mother would be glad to talk with you in private later." Celestia said.
Twilight let out a sigh. She couldn't imagine Celestia or Luna growing up without their mother and father her research could wait."I'll hold you onto that. I hope you three can make up for the lost time." she said and closed her journal.
"Thank you Twilight." Luna said and Celestia lit her horn up and teleported them away leaving Spike and Twilight alone in the library. "Spike I need you to get all of my books about ancient Equestria as far as you can find them. I need to be sure." Twilight said and dashed off to search books.
"Really Twilight?" Spike said and followed her sister.

Canterlot Throne Room

Celestia, Luna, and Faust appeared in the throne room. Faust looked around the room taking in all the handcrafted art pieces from different eras of pony history.
"Welcome to Canterlot mother. This is where we hold court and meet with any other important foreign leaders." Celestia explained while Faust walked around the room.
The moment was interrupted when multiple guards entered the room. Moving in protecting Celestia and Luna and trapping the unknown alicorn in her place with magic.
"Protect the Princesses! Hold the intruder in her place! Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, are you alright? She didn't hurt you?" Captain Armor asked.

Faust was seeing red at that comment. Hurt them? She would never dare to hurt her two fillies no matter what they did. She took a quick look at the magic surrounding her keeping her locked in place powered by six unicorns. Their spellcraft was impressive but there were many holes on it she could exploit. "Have you ever heard the saying "don't get between the mother bear and her cubs"?" Faust asked.
Shining looked at Faust. "How can she speak!? I told you to hold her in place!" Shining said clearly angry.
"We don't know sir!" one of the unicorns said panting.
Celestia was about to stop all of them, but Luna stopped her and whispered to her. "Mom won't hurt them she just gives them a little lesson. Besides this should be fun to watch." she said and giggled a little.

Shining drew her sword. "Well since you can talk maybe you want to tell me what were you planning to do?" Shining said pointing the sword towards Faust.
Faust's face turned from anger into a motherly smile. "Aaah... So this is just a misunderstanding. Well, I might be a little rusty, but escaping this should be easy." She thought to herself and kept her motherly smile on her face.
"You see the mother bear does everything in her power to get to her cubs and keep them safe." Faust said taking a closer look at the white unicorn stallion in front of her. He had a similar aura as the purple pony from the library brother and sister perhaps?
Shining looked at Faust. Wondering what on Equus she is talking about. "What? So some crazy pony managed to get past our wards?" Shining commented.
"Well let me show you a little trick." Faust said and closed her eyes for a moment, breathing in and out steadily while Shining moved closer to her face. Suddenly she opened her eyes
"Boo!" she said that trying to sound scary, making Shining jump back a little. The magic around her disappeared and it was redirected into the royal guards around them locking all of them into their places. All the guards were amazed and scared of what just happened. Guards and Faust were too focused on each other to notice Celestia and Luna giggling.
"You know this was going to happen didn't you?" Celestia asked "Perhaps..." Luna said while Celesti just rolled her head and held back her laughter.
Shining looked angrily towards Faust, but there was also a hint of fear in him. "Who... Who are you and what you want." Shining asked while trying to get free from the magic that was holding him.

"My name is Faust, Faust Lorey. Who might you be?" Faust said and dispelled the magic holding the guards in their places. "Wha..." Shining said wondering why this pony released them and only now taking a closer look at her and seems like others noticed it too. "She's an Alicorn!" one of the guards yelled and fainted. Celestia and Luna started to laugh loudly and walked next to their mother. "Well I never doubted how this would end. At ease Captain Armor." Celestia said. "How..." Shining tried to find words, but failed.
"Your actions were commendable, you took action impressively fast. But our guest here isn't a threat in fact she is a long-lost family member." Luna said and complemented guards on their speed while in turn Shining and the guards looked dumbfoundedly towards their monarchs.
"My guards meet our mother Faust Lorey." Celestia said in her Royal Canterlot Voice.
"Your What!" could be heard from the doorway where a certain pink alicorn stood.