• Published 17th Jan 2022
  • 2,147 Views, 43 Comments

Mother's Return - GNGFan21



Faust manages to finally get back to see her two not so little fillies

  • ...
5
 43
 2,147

Mother's Wrath

Author's Note:

Well I hope this is okay XD I tried to make it sound cool XD
And sorry for any possible typos in advance XD

In-Between

The images of battle that was going on in Canterlot were flashing in front of Faust at a slow pace. The images of Celestia and Luna fighting against Chrysalis and her army. Faust's face started to form a frown when she saw Luna's fur transforming, it was as dark black as the abyss of space and the way she was cutting down those drones. Faust turned to face Sun.
"What do I have to do to get back?" Faust asked her face full of confidence.
"You know what you have to do. Unlock the seal." Sun answered and took a seat next to Faust.
"Seal? I don't know what you're tal..." Faust didn't manage to finish her sentence as the memories flashed back into her mind. Her time in the void, holding the portals closed with her magic while fighting those devouring monsters. The moment she locked her magic away with a special seal to hold the portals close and how she got expelled from the void after casting the spell and falling from the sky like a meteor. Shaking her head on the returning memories Faust was deep in thought after that.

"But... If I do that I'll break the seals holding the void back too. I can't do that." Faust said and faced down. She could feel a hand under her chin to raise her head up and she was looking straight into Sun's eyes.
"Yes you can. You managed to seal them from the inside. I'm sure you can figure out how to do it outside with help from our daughters. It's time to show the world once more why you are called the Queen of Magic." Sun said and started to rub Faust's mane and gave her last kiss as a goodbye his body started to shimmer until it disappeared.
Faust made her choice and closed her eyes and focused. Sensing the ley lines of Equus, reaching out to the dimensional lines of the universe she could feel the lock she made with her magic. The portals would open in time, but they would have time to research and find a way to stop them from invading. Feeling the dimensional lock, she used her magic to open them releasing the lock and the magic it held inside.

Living World

Faust opened her eyes and felt a rush of power in her body her magic power returning back to that what it was. Her body started to heal itself thanks to her massive magic power that was returning. Feeling her strength returning she got back up from the floor. Her magical aura was clearly visible around her and her mane and tail looked like that of living magma. Squeezing her hands together she summoned her battle regalia. It had a similar design to that of Celestia's, but it had more artistic curves on it and it was pure white. Searching for the energies of her children she felt Celestia's life force, it was weak. Spreading her wings she launched herself to the air passing through the rocks melting them with her magic until she was above the ground. Once there Faust used all of her skills and knowledge to boost the speed of her flight power and launched herself in a blinding flash towards her daughters.

Faust was almost there sensing a massive amount of magical energy on one spot that wasn't Luna's or Celestia's she prepared shielding spells and offensive spells in her mind.
"All hail Queen Chrysalis." She could hear the aggressor yelling taunting her daughters as if she was certain of her victory. Seeing the state Celestia and Luna were she cast the most powerful protection spell she knew around her daughters and slammed her own magic energy against Chrysalis magic causing an explosion of green and dark red magic energies. As the dust started to settle Chrysalis' smile turned to that of confusion which was followed by hate.
"How are you still alive! You were on death's doors!" Chrysalis yelled and launched another beam of magic. Faust wasn't even worried and raised her hand up to catch the magic with it. Holding a ball of raw changeling magic in her hand she squeezes it until it dissipates into nothingness. Seeing this Chrysalis' face changed to that of worry.

"You made one big mistake "Queen" Chrysalis. You have no idea who you just angered." Faust said her voice full of anger and looked straight into Chrysalis' eyes. This alicorn was something else her dark red magic aura was clearly visible and it felt more powerful than it was in Cadances room and more importantly, it was more powerful than that of Celestia's or Luna's. Chrysalis' worry started to grow and used the hivemind to call for her swarm.
"I don't know how you managed to get this much magical power, but I still hold Shi..." Chrysalis didn't get a chance to finish her rant as Faus disappeared and reappeared in front of Chrysalis delivering a strong punch to her stomach cracking the changeling queens enchanted shell around it making Chrysalis fly through the air until stopping at the nearby wall and getting buried under the rubble of the falling wall. Appearing next to Luna, Faust looked at her eldest who was squirming in pain.
"Lulu, take your sister and yourself somewhere safe. Mommy's going to take care of this." Faust said and turned to face Chrysalis who was still gathering herself among the rubble.
"No, Mom I need to stay here and help you after I stabilize Celestia I can help you fight her." Luna tried to argue with her mother.
"I know you can Lulu, but right now Celestia needs help more than I need your help." Faust said without looking at Luna. Knowing her mother Luna knew it was pointless to try and argue with her once her mind was made up.
"Alright, mother. You better explain where you were." Luna said and started to relax a little and focus to teleport herself and Celestia to the Canterlot Hospital. Once they were gone Faust looked to the rubble Chrysalis was still in there, hiding.

"I know that punch wasn't enough to take you down. If it was Luna and Celestia would have dealt with you already." Faust said and started to walk towards Chrysalis.
Chrysalis pit her tongue this alicorn had seen through her charade again. It was pointless to try and buy any more time so she rose up and let out an angry hissing sound.
"That punch was strong indeed. But not enough to take me down. I can't be taken out as long as I'm linked to Shining Armor." Chrysalis said her chitin repairing itself.
Raising her brow and looking bored at Chrysalis Faust rolled her eyes and opened her mouth. "I know, you have a love transfer spell on a dominated mind slave. I can say it's not the normal use of your magic, but it's a pretty boring mix in my opinion." Faust finished flashing a grin to Chrysalis.
Now Chrysalis was worried this mare knew exactly what she did to Shining Armor. When she only told she was linked to Shining Armor. This Alicorn was dangerous she needed to take her out now.
Faust noticed how the Queen changeling's state of mind changed from confident to worrying. Faust could feel Twilight and Cadance's energies getting close to Shining Armor all she had to do was hold this Queen back until the link was disconnected, true she could obliterate her with one spell, but that amount of magic might disintegrate much of the surrounding area which included innocent ponies hiding in their buildings. Seeing Chrysalis charging her next magic attack, Faust decided to play defensive in hopes to play for time.

Canterlot Vaults

Twilight with her friends was running through the vaults of Canterlot. Twilight was focusing and leading them towards her brother's location, feeling Shining's magic energy growing stronger the closer they got to him.
"I can feel Shinings energy it's getting stronger he should be close." Twilight said while running through the hallways past different doors. It didn't take them long to reach the door which was slightly open and Twilight could feel Shining's energy inside. Before they opened the door they heard arguing from the inside and decided to open it up a little to spy and gather some info. They could see many changelings gathered around while two of them were the source of the argument.
"You're insane brother! Our Queen always thinks what's best for us." A drone with purple-colored eyes and carapace said clearly a little angered.

"Pharynx, you're my brother and I respect you, but surely you too can see that this is stupid. Attacking the greatest military might in Equus is suicide. You're one of the generals that Chrysalis listens and respects, surely you can make her stop this madness." Said a drone with cyan-colored eyes and carapace showing concern in his eyes. The anger had disappeared and Pharynx lets out a sigh while looking away from his brother.
"Thorax... She is our Queen and we must follow orders. It doesn't matter what I think about this situation. I might not like this, but what other choice do I have? Go against her? She is Queen for a reason." Pharynx said. Before Thorax managed to answer all of the changelings raised their as if searching or hearing something.
"You stay here and guard the prisoner Thorax! The rest of you follow me! Our Queen needs us!" Pharynx said and all of them disappeared in green flames except Thorax.
Once Pharynx and the other changelings were gone Thorax turned his head towards the door. "You can come in now. I won't fight against you." The changeling said and just sit down on a nearby chair.


Hearing this the girls were puzzled but entered inside preparing to counter any ambush. Thorax saw this and let out a chuckle.
"You need not worry Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, I mean no harm to you or your friends." Thorax said while Twilight did scans around the room not finding anything or anyone hiding. Cadance and Twilight run to tend Shining while other girls stayed near the changeling.
"Why? Why would you betray your kind like this?" Rainbow said breaking the silence while looking a little irritated.
"If somepony has betrayed our kind it's Chrysalis. Some of us in the hive doesn't want this war, but after the scouts returned from Canterlot and said how much love it held all Chrysalis could see was power." Thorax explained while taking a bottle holding some glowing green liquid in it taking a sip from it.
"Ooo... what's that can I have some of it? It has a nice glow on it. How tasty it is?" Pinkie asked from behind Thorax once again moved without no one seeing her move. Thorax almost choked on his drink.
"Pinkie darling, leave the poor changeling alone." Rarity said using her magic to levitate Pinkie away.
"Thorax was it... You seem nicer than most changelings..." Fluttershy said with her shy voice.

Before Thorax had a chance to thank Fluttershy Cadance walked to them while Twilight let out annoying voices at her failure.
"You said you didn't want this war? Prove it to us. Tell me how I free my Shining from this spell." Cadance said looking intimidating.
"All you had to do was ask Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. The strongest changeling spells revolve around love. This partial spell mixture requires the kiss from one's true love to be dispelled." Thorax answered. Hearing this Cadance rushed to his husband's side giving him a long and loving kiss. During their kiss, the green shimmer in Shinings eyes started to disappear slowly until it was all gone and Shining's consciousness returned and his face started to brighten up until he started to respond to Cadance's kiss. To two lovers the moment felt like an eternity and once it was over Shining had a look of happiness on his face.

"I knew you would come for me Cadance. I'm sorry I didn't notice sooner that it wasn't you." Shining said while holding Cadance's cheek with his hand.
"I feared I lost you. I don't know what I would have done if that happened." Cadance said with tears of happiness flowing down her cheeks. Thorax got up from the chair and gave a bow to Cadance.
"For whatever it's worth I'm sorry for my kinds, transgression. All I ask of you is that you show mercy for them after the battle is won." Thorax said and lit his horn.
"Wait, Thorax what are you doing?" Twilight asked.
"I failed my duty to Chrysalis. If they don't find my body I'm branded as a traitor and given kill on sight orders by her. My best choice is to leave the hive. I hope I can find friends like you in my new life." Before anyone managed to stop him Thorax disappeared engulfed in green flames.
"Twilight, we should head towards the vault and get the elements." Applejack said, Twilight gave a nod.
"The battle isn't over yet girls. Let's get the elements and help princesses to win this battle." Twilight said and left guiding her friends towards the vault.

Streets of Canterlot

Faust was battling with Chrysalis while waiting for Twilight and Cadance to find Shining and dispel the spells so she could deal with the bug without destroying too much Canterlot. She had to give it to this Queen was a good combatant with her hidden daggers managing to give a good couple of slashes that Faust didn't manage to block with her summoned ethereal blades. Even her magic was good, but not near her level.
"Why aren't you attacking? Scared? Know that I'm going to win this battle?" Chrysalis taunted while using her magic to teleport to the alley behind Faust and shoot her magic towards the back of her target.
"Not going to work on me, dear." Faust said and enchanted her wings with her magic to deflect the incoming spell. Chrysalis' face was full of anger. It seems to be pointless to use magic against this alicorn. Chrysalis saw Faust's horn glowing with a red aura.

"Here's something for trying." Faust said while having a wicked smile on her. Chrysalis felt something at her back turning to face it she could see a red ball attached to her back.
"Oh... fuuu..." Chrysalis said panicking, but before she managed to do anything it exploded throwing her away from her hiding place to the hooves of Faust. With pure instinct, Chrysalis draw her daggers to attack the alicorn. Faust summoned her ethereal blade and used it to block the queen's attacks. Faust cursed to herself while clashing with blades against the queen bug. True she had recovered all of her power, but even though her body had healed but her body was getting tired. She had to hold on and keep all of the ponies and most importantly her daughters safe. The exchange of blades went on for a while until Chrysalis felt her swarm that was almost here. Retreating to the air, she meets with her drones.

"You're a strong one I'll give you that, but I'm fairly certain you can't stand against an entire swarm when we all release combined spell against you. It might even take half of the Canterlot out." Chrysalis taunted and suddenly she felt a cold shiver while taking a quick look towards the castle. This didn't go unnoticed by Faust she felt the link between Shining Armor and Chrysalis disappear. The queen was vulnerable now. But before she got to attack Chrysalis beat her to it.
"Now my servants attack with your Queen!" All of the changelings above cast the same destructive spell on different strengths until the beams met on one spot creating a ball of destruction which kinds Faust hasn't seen in ages.
"If that explodes it takes a good half of the city with it." Faust though and quickly started to form her magic around the incoming destruction.
"You should have just surrendered when you had a chance. Most of our livestock will probably die with you, but it's a worthy sacrifice to get rid of you." Chrysalis taunted while having one of her famous evil smiles. Faust was hard at work spinning and weaving her magic around the ball creating a barrier of sorts to hold the massive amounts of magic energy inside trying to neutralize the threat. Lots of royal guards and alerted night guards watched the massive ball approaching them while seeing a red barrier slowly forming around it.
"Almost done, just a little more." Faust said to herself while continuing to build the barrier until it was fully completed. When the barrier was ready Faust slammed her hands together as if crushing the great ball making it explode. There was a great flash and a chain reaction of explosions started while Faust kept her concentration, holding her arms together. If anything broke her concentration or she released her hands the wild energies storming inside the barrier would be released and the city would surely get destroyed.

Twilight arrived outside of the castle with her friends while Cadance and Shining followed. They all sensed the massive energies coming from the direction of the cathedral and dashed towards it. When they arrived they noticed the ball was starting to get surrounded by a barrier and noticed that Faust was there. Before they managed to move to her side all of them heard a voice inside their heads.
"We don't have much time. I'm a still target here so I need you to follow my orders to the letter. Shining and Cadance use your powers to recast the shielding spell around the city. Twilight you and your friends use the elements to enhance the spell so that it won't just be drained by the changelings. Now would be a good time to do it."
Without a second to spare they did as they were told. Cadance and Shining lit their horns pressed them against each other.
"Together!" Shining and Cadance said loudly at the same time and the ball started to form expanding outwards from them. Twilight guided the other element bearers and used herself as the conduit to apply the magic of harmony onto the shielding spell.

Chrysalis was watching at the spectacle taking in the air and enjoying the approaching victory. All seemed fine until a purple wall started to move towards them. Chrysalis didn't get a chance to yell orders to her drones when the wall hit all of them. They could feel the energy in the shield and it wasn't long until the shield started to push all of the changelings out from the great city. Chrysalis and her drones tried their best to fight the magic, but it was a losing battle. Cursing the ponies and their magic Chrysalis could at least take glee at the fact that the white alicorn and half of the Canterlot were as good as gone.
Faust saw that the shield spell managed to knock out all of the changelings now all she had to do was deal with a massive bomb that would destroy Canterlot if she failed no big deal at all. Closing her eyes she focused and let out words of magic commanding the explosions to stop.
"Nolite et Dissipare!" After she uttered those words the explosions just stopped and the energies within her bubble disappeared. Releasing her hands and letting her barrier disappear too Faust started to feel her body getting tired while hearing loud cheers coming around her. Faust let out a laugh and feel to her rump and then to her back feeling some of her older wounds open back up while the new ones burned.
"Ouch..." was all she said while faintly hearing Cadance calling her name before closing her eyes and falling asleep.