• Published 17th Jan 2022
  • 2,148 Views, 43 Comments

Mother's Return - GNGFan21



Faust manages to finally get back to see her two not so little fillies

  • ...
5
 43
 2,148

Queen Faust

Author's Note:

I'm terribly sorry for the wait, but my life situation is rather crazy right now traveling to one city and then another thanks to my work so... Yeah I'll try to update more regularly.
:D

It had been three days since Faust returned to the hospital spending more of the time bored out of her mind as she waited for the doctor to release her. For now, she just laid there and waited. Her daughters had made her apologize for her actions against Redheart and truth be told she did feel bad doing it to the mare, she was a nice pony and a nice mare to talk with. Faust was pulled out of her thoughts as the door opened to her room and Luna entered inside.
"Good day mother. How are thou today?" Luna asked and took a seat next to her bed. Faust just smiled and pulled her hand through the magic-blocking cuffs that were supposed to hold her in her place like they even weren't there.
"I'm good Lulu. So how's Celestia? Still busy?" Faust asked and Luna just let out a laugh seeing her mother ignore the cuffs that held her in place.

"I wondered why you "gave up" so easily. I told Celestia your skills in magic are far greater than ours. But the question remains the same why?" Luna said and handed some soda to her mother who just smiled.
"Well you two had seen so much trouble to capture me that I just couldn't let all your effort go to waste, it's fun to lose a tag now and then. Also, we should talk about the blocking spells you placed around this room and that of Scootaloo's house. They are good, but there are some holes you could exploit." Faust said and took a sip of the soda.
"And Celestia calls me childish... But I'm sure you tell us all that we need to fix on our spellwork just like back then before... well you know. And thanks to your little trick all of Canterlot gossip magazines say you're unstable alicorn ready to explode and wreak havoc around all of Equus." Luna said and tossed a magazine on her mother's lap with a big title "First Alicorn criminal" and a picture of her waving to the camera with a happy smile on her, while Celestia and Luna next to her had pained-looking faces.
"What's this?" Faust asked and started to read through the magazine
"It's the biggest gossip magazine in Canterlot. Let's just say most of the stuff they write isn't true but many ponies buy those and naturally some of them take it as gospel." Luna answered and drank the rest of her soda.
"Now one of those more... "special" nobles is campaigning for you to be placed into a mental institute for your and others' safety." Luna continued her explanation.

"Well I can say none of the words in this magazine about me is true. Why does somepony write something like this?" Faust asked and closed the magazine.
"I really can't say for sure. But royalty messing around is guaranteed to sell lots of magazines." Luna said.
"But I'm not royalty. I'm just a mother with two adorable fillies who happen to be royalty." Faust said and gently squeezed Luna's cheek.
Feeling her cheeks flush a little from embarrassment Luna opened her mouth. "Yeah... about that..." Luna started to rub her neck thinking about how to tell something as big as this to her mother.
"You see since I and Celestia confirmed that you are our mother to nobles. The council has made a certain degree about you and your... status." Luna started to explain.
"My status? Wait you don't mean..." Faust said quickly catching on to what her little blue filly meant.

"Yeah... Since we are princesses there is one title higher than that. And you being our mother just enforces your right to have it." Luna answered.
"But... I know nothing about the art of ruling. I'm a battle mage for god's sake, not a politician." Faust said sounding a little angry about the situation she now found herself in. But before Luna managed to say anything the doors opened and nurse Redheart entered the room and gave a bow.
"Queen Faust, Princess Luna. Doctor Diamond Heart has given you the green light to leave. You might experience small pain in your leg muscles for the next day or two, but other than that you should be fully healed." Redheart said.
"Redheart, please... I'm not a Queen I never was. I'm just... me. No need to be so formal and stiff." Faust said and leaned back towards the pillows.
"I'll leave you two to prepare. I hope to chat with you again miss Faust." Redheart said and left the room.

Faust was getting ready to leave with Luna. After she had changed to her casual dress Faust left with Luna. Upon exiting the room there were multiple royal guards ready to escort them back to the castle. Exiting the hospital Faust followed Luna to the royal carriage and it started to move towards the Canterlot. Faust just slumped back on one of the chairs and groaned.
"What's wrong mother? Everything alright?" Luna asked and summoned a tea set for the two of them.
"I'm worried. Worried that this is a big mistake your nobles have done." Faust said and took a teacup.
"Oh... don't worry mother. We already have that figured out. We three rule as one, but you do have the power to overrule mine or Tia's decisions if you have good reasons for it." Luna said to her mother trying to soothe her panic.
The road towards Canterlot was taking some time and Faust was getting bored.
"Luna? If I'm to be a Queen does that mean I need to have a king by my side? A stepfather for you two. Maybe then you wouldn't act so rash" Faust said having a teasing smile on her face.
"Mother! I don't want to have any images in my head of you dating some stallion or worse." Luna said her face blushing.
"Or maybe I'll get a mare. After all, I hear these days it isn't judged so hard." Faust said and continued to tease her little filly.
"I'm not hearing any of this..." Luna said and placed hands on her ear trying to block all sound coming from Faust who in turn laughed.

Canterlot Castle

After her teasing Faust drank the tea with Luna talking about how the city was back on its feet and got rebuilt. Soon the gates to Canterlot were visible and many royal guards were awaiting Princess Celestia and Princess Cadance in front of the group with some nobles in formation. After the carriage came to a stop Faust and Luna left it and Luna walked next to her sister.
"I take you have been informed mother?" Celestia asked and gave a smile to her mother. Faust in turn just rolled her eyes in annoyance.
"Yes... I have been... And I think this is really a bad idea..." Faust said sounding extremely annoyed. Not giving a chance to argue with the matter Celestia started to speak again this time with her royal Canterlot voice.
"My ponies, today we are witnessing a historical moment. Never has Equestria had a Queen, but after a long debate with, my sister and nobles of Canterlot it has been decided that our mother shall ascend above your princesses and become the first Queen of Equestria. All hail Queen Faust!" Celestia said and a booming voice of all ponies yelled "Hail Queen Faust" and took a deep bow towards her.

"I... Thank you for your confidence in me, but... I know nothing about ruling... I'm a battle mage... My place has been on the battlefield not in the throne room debating politics." Faust answers sounding unsure for the first time in centuries while all the ponies got back up.
"Don't worry mother. I'm sure Luna already told you how we will work this out for you. For now, just join us at court and observe how we do it." Celestia said.
"And as a first thing you can work on is my wedding." Cadance said with a hearty smile on her face. The mention of the wedding brought a smile to Faust's face.
"Well, I suppose we should start working with that right away. So how about Tia, Lulu? We should move on and decide about the wedding right away." Faust said looking at her daughters.
"As you wish mother. All of you, back to your posts and other duties. Queen's first court will open in 30 minutes." Luna said and guided her mother towards the throne room with Luna and nobles following them.

The throne room was redecorated to look like ancient Equestria with one big throne with Faust's cutie mark on it and two smaller thrones next to it on both sides with Celestia's and Luna's cutie marks on them. Celestia and Luna took seats on their thrones and waited for Faust to do the same. With some hesitation, Faust walked onto her throne and took a seat.
"The court is open. Now onto the first matter. The wedding of my niece Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Captain Shining Armor." Celestia said and some mumbling could be heard from nobles that were sitting on their chairs around a large crystal table.
A dark grey-colored unicorn stallion gets up from his chair and slams his fist onto the table. "We need to double the guards if we are doing this. That last fiasco shows that there was a way too low amount of guards." The noble said yelling and clearly angry about what happened. Celestia was about to say something, but her mother was faster to speak.
"More guards might make quests feel uneasy. What we really should do is show our guards ways to detect changeling magic. Last time I dealt with a changeling queen she wasn't this aggressive so we really didn't need to prepare for anything like this back in my time. I can take care of teaching this spellwork to our guards." Faust said and this seemed to calm the noble as he took his seat.

Next, the court did some basic day-to-day work trying to figure out how to tax different ponies fairly and how to use the tax money so every citizen could enjoy it. After the basics were done Princess Cadance entered the hall with Shining Armor.
"Aunties! So how long do I have to wait for us to finally get married?" Cadance asked while having an anxious look on her face.
"Honey... We shouldn't hurry with this... We need to make sure Canterlot is safe first before planning our wedding... again..." Shining said sounding annoyed.
"I'm sure you can start planning the wedding already Cadance. I'm going to train the guards in detection magic for any changeling transformations. I'd say we should be ready in a week. Is that acceptable Celestia? Luna?" Faust asked and both of her daughters gave an approving nod.

"Hold on... You? Teach us?" Shining said his voice starting get more excited.
"Of course. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one except for changelings who can teach this to you. I Myself learned it from Queen Myra who probably is this Queen Chrysalis ancestor. Does tomorrow sound good? Bring as many guards as you can to the throne room tomorrow Captain Armor." Faust explained.
"I... We all are honored, Queen Faust... I'll gather all of the guards you have my word, my Queen." Shining said with a smile.
"Please... Just Faust is enough... Oh... Cadance could you come with me to my quarters? Or do we have anything else we need to discuss?" Faust asked as she got up from her throne.
"Eeeh... Sure." Cadance said.
Celestia shook her head. "Nothing that you need to hear mother. We have some minor things to go through and can go with them without you if you wish to leave." Celestia said. Hearing it was okay to leave Faust left her daughters to take care of those minor things Celestia spoke about while Cadance followed her.

The two alicorns walked through the halls of the castle until they arrived at Faust's private chambers. Opening the door they enter inside and Faust closes the door with her magic.
"So... What do you want to talk about." Cadance asked as she took a seat on one of the sofas in the room while Faust used her magic to unlock a chest and levitate a crown out from it. The crown was forged from platinum and looked almost like that of Celestia's, but it had more than one gem on it. Multiple rubies on embedded in its hafts and in the middle where Celestia had one purple gem it had six bright sapphires on it forming a circle. Faust levitated it to Cadance's arms.
"This is the crown I used when I married my husband long ago. I crafted it myself and wanted my two little girls to wear it on their special day too." Faust explained. While Cadance rotated and took a closer look at the crown. The craftsmanship was just perfect and the rubies enhanced the look of the crown greatly.
"It's beautiful, I'm sure either of my aunties will love to wear it when they find their special pony." Cadance said.

"Cadance, we might not be family connected by blood, but you are my little Tia's adoptive niece and that way part of the family. I would love you to wear this on your special day." Faust said smiling lovingly. Cadance's face turned to shook upon hearing this.
"I... I don't know what to say... Are you sure?" Cadance asked as she lowered the crown onto the table.
"I wouldn't have shown or asked if I wasn't sure Cadance. You're like a third daughter to me." Faust said and continued to smile. A small tear of joy formed in Cadance's eye as she dashed forward and gave a hug to Faust.
"Thank you... I promise I take good care of it." Cadance said and released Faust from her hug.
"I know you will, now as for my second reason why I asked you here... I want to hear all about your plans for the wedding and if I could help with it." Faust said as she used her magic to summon a tray with tea pouches and heated water and offered a cup to Cadance who just smiled and took the cup and poured water into her cup.
"Oh... I suppose I have a couple of ideas. Where to begin..." Cadance said letting out a giggle as she started to explain her ideas to Faust.