• Published 17th Jan 2022
  • 2,638 Views, 126 Comments

Mane Mothers - MASTERMIND360



For getting kidnapped many times by the Dazzlings, Sunset was being treated like a kid by her own friends because of their paranoia through their mom act, to protect her. But this leads to madness.

  • ...
4
 126
 2,638

Whacky Imagination

Sunset runs through the midfield, she was wearing her CHS football team uniform. Just as she runs to the half of the pitch, the weather suddenly becomes snowy and the ground becomes icy and slippery. Sunset looked around her surroundings and see that she was in a middle of snowy nowhere and a strong snowstorm as well.

However, Sunset smirks. She kicks the ball forward, fighting through the snowstorm like it was nothing. She jumps over the icy holes and just as she made it back to the snowy ground, she stopped dead to her feet when a big snowy monster summons before her eyes. And that thing was breathing fire. Sunset immediately performs her Shimmer Spinner and she spins like a snowy tornado, the flames burst right at her but Sunset's maximum spin just deflected that, and then Sunset now kicks the ball hard at the monster, with the ball taking the lead of his own flames. Talk about a taste of your own medicine.

The monster hits the ball just as the ball hits at the back of the net, and we're instantly shifting back to reality where Sunset was cheering on the CHS football field.

"That's what I'm talking about Shimmer!" Rainbow cheered while towards her.

They both run to each other and give High 5s. Ever since Sunset joined the team, CHS was unstoppable in every game. Well, that was until Sunset's injury from her fail slide tackle attempt against Indigo in their last game.

"Man, oh man, practicing with your best mom is gonna be perfect," Rainbow said, "We're gonna owned Crystal Prep. They owned us once and it resulted in your injury, we'll own them back."

Sunset playfully giggled, "Yep, but sorry mommy Dashie but you're my 3rd favorite."

"What?! Third?!" Rainbow cried out in shock, "Who's the first and second and how can they be so good than me?!"

"Well the 2nd is mommy Pinkie," Sunset answered, "She always gives me desserts, candies, and cake."

Rainbow groaned, It has been a few days since Sunset joined them in their detention, Sunset was supposed to eat her brain food, and now Pinkie has been feeding her with treats.

"Maybe me and the girls shoulda treat her like a kid too and get her to eat healthier," Rainbow suggested.

"It's Pinkie being Pinkie," Sunset reminded her, "And my number 1 favorite is Fluttershy, because of her soft kindness. Besides, yesterday, I offered to help her with the animals in her workplace and she even allowed me to pet kitties, puppies, and bunnies!"

Rainbow chuckled, "Oh, alright, I see. But when we win this one, I'm going to top them out as number 1, your best mom!"

"I'd like to see you try!" Sunset said.

"Hey, you're in on this, too," Rainbow told her.

Just then, Principal Celestia, (as their team coach) blows her whistle, getting the girl's attention, "Girls," she warned them sternly. "I thought I told you such behavior like this can no longer be tolerated in my school."

"Uh, no we're not!" Rainbow quickly answered back, "We're just.... stretching!" She and Sunset immediately stretch.

Celestia is not convinced but she sighs, hoping they keep their focus on their game against their arch-rivals, "Okay, then," she said unconvinced, "But I am kind enough to give both of you a warning. You two better not be embarrassed yourselves out there."

"Of course not, Principal Celestia," Sunset agreed, "let's get some practice!"

Celestia turns her head to the rest of the team approaching them, "Come on, team. It's already time for practice."

"Principal Celestia," Spitfire begins to complain, "Why does Sunset Shimmer gets the "special" treatment from our captain and her friends and we don't?"

"It's best not to question that, Spitfire," Celestia replied, turning back to the two girls who were briefly playing rock, papers, scissors, however, they instantly went back to stretching. "It's their thing..."

"Yeah," Lightning Dust said, feeling creeped out, "It's pretty weird that 7 of our schoolmates were acting weird over one of their own's safety, the 6 of them were acting like moms while the last one is being treated like a child and acting like one."

Yep, since the hamster ball incident and Sunset's "shenanigans" a few days ago, it's no longer a secret to the school now they know what their weird behavior was all about. However, Sunset and her friends tone it down, and their unusual behavior only happens on rare occasions, so behaviors like this from the girls were not that common to happen. Well, not at least.

"Hey, how can that be weird?" Sunset asked, she and Rainbow approaching, "Look, Bulk Biceps may look strong and muscular, but he's actually good ol' goofball. That's pretty cute. And we have lesbian schoolmates and they were an item," she was referring to Lyra and Bon Bon, "And we have Trixie who is known to be, "Great and Powerful," and lastly, all of you have 7 schoolmates with awesome superpowers and saved the world many times."

"And your point is?" Spitfire challenged, getting annoyed at not getting straight to the point.

"The point is," Sunset begins, "There's absolutely nothing wrong with 6 of my friends going all "mom" on me and I responded back by acting like a child. I mean, sure, Pinkie Pie is childish but she seems to take the motherly role more fairly."

"Too fairly," Rainbow retorted.

"Alright, that's enough, I don't want to have this talk anymore," Celestia interrupted them. "We got a game to prepare. And I need all of you in top form for the return leg against Crystal Prep. Now. Go!" She blows her whistle.

The midfielder starts the kick-off, she kicks the ball to Spitfire, a defender was about to steal the ball from her but Spitfire kicks the ball up with her knee, leaps, and headers the ball to Lightning Dust, she jumps over the defender's slide tackle and she kicks it to Rainbow Dash. She dribbles the ball past the third defender and kicks it to Sunset.

"All yours, sweetie," Rainbow told her.

Now that the ball is all hers, Sunset looked confidently at the last defender, guarding the goalie, however, Sunset's mind was elsewhere and in her head, she's imagining all of her surroundings into seemingly a warzone between The Avengers and Thanos.

Sunset smirks, she kicks the ball forward, but before the defender does something, Sunset kicks the ball high, passing to herself. She slides down uses her Shimmer Spinner and takes quick turns. Principal Celestia was flabbergasted by Sunset's "tactic", Sunset stopped spinning and kicks the ball high again, but this time, she flips over, catching the ball with her feet and landed on her hands and do an upside-down Shimmer Spinner, and then after spinning upside down, Sunset kicks the ball with her feet. The goalie fails to react to that.

Sunset lands back on her feet just as Rainbow Dash runs to her, "Yeah, now that's more like it!" Rainbow cheered, "Keep practicing like that, you'll be even more prepared just like the rest of us!"

Principal Celestia walks over to them, "Yes but may I have word with you, Sunset?" That strict tone in her voice made Sunset obey her immediately.

"Sure, what's wrong?"

Celestia sighs as she begins to explain, "Look, Sunset, it's bad enough on the pitch that you have to keep using your "Shimmer Spinner" in every game."

"Why do you always have to worry about that?" Sunset asked, "I already told you, it's called skills. And it's perfectly safe."

"And you have to move around the ball like you're in some crazy, over-the-top action movie," Celestia added, her eyes hardened, "You'll make yourself a fool out there. People will think you're crazy and Principal Cinch will report that to the School Board and we all will be in hot water."

Sunset sighs in disappointment, knowing that her principal is right. However, being the soon-to-be 1st favorite mom, Rainbow Dash steps In, "But Principal Celestia, Sunset is just going to give them a little show and she shoots. And besides, you can't tell her she should stop using her signature move, we need it to break Crystal Prep's doozy attack pattern."

Celestia pinches the bridge of her nose, and then she said, "Okay, but please don't act like there are invisible obstacles in your way, Sunset," she advised her, just then her phone rings, "Hello? What?! Okay, I'll be right there!" She hung up, "Okay, girls, there's a situation in the cafeteria and I must see what's going on," she turns to Rainbow, "Rainbow Dash, can I trust you to train your team to be ready?"

"Sure," Rainbow nodded, "You can count on me."

"Good," Celestia nodded back and she runs back into the school.

Just as the Principal, Rainbow turns her eyes to Sunset, who seems a little sad, she puts her hand on her shoulder for comfort, "Hey, don't worry about what Principal Celestia said. Once you got the ball and plenty of room to score, you put on a little show to the crowd. I'll be right behind you," She grinned even wider, "Come on, who's my favorite Striker?"

That playful tone turns Sunset's frown upside down, she stared back at her captain with a playful grin, Rainbow was satisfied, "Now that's what I want to see. A smile, from you, sweetie."

Sunset playfully chuckles, "And you motivated me enough to not lose, the one thing I hate in my life, that's why you're one of my top 3 favorite moms, mommy Rainbow Dash," Sunset said playfully.

The girls can't help but they both hugged. Their teammates on the other hand, while they find their "mom and child" act pretty weird and disturbing, that moment was touching at the same time.


"Ahh!" Sunset sighs in refreshing, upon laying back on her own bed again, "How I miss this bed!" She sits up, her friends below were setting their sleeping bags, "My house! And everything in this place! It feels so good to be back in the place I called home!"

"Ah'm glad that Sunset is back home here," Applejack said, "We may have taken her each of our houses for our previous sleepovers but ah bet it's time we have another here in Sunset's place."

"And I also added my super motion sensor just to be sure the Dazzlings can't get her," Twilight added, placing her sleeping back on the ground.

"Plus, it should help Sunset to be motivated enough to get our strength back for our game against Crystal Prep tomorrow," Rainbow said.

"I bet you all be surprised if you see this!" Sunset announced, she's sending a few photos and vids to her about her some of her tricks and moments.

One video shows Sunset kicking the ball high in the sky, and then an arrow, (shot from Lyra) flew over and the ball hits the arrow.

"Wow!" Applejack exclaimed, "That's some impressive shootin' right there!"

"Yeah," Sunset agreed, and then she immediately cried out, "But it took me 57 shots until I got it right!"

Another one shows Sunset... surfing? And what's more shocking, she's once again in the hamster ball. And Rainbow's voice can be heard in the background whilst Sunset in the ball was surfing on camera. "See, Sunset? What did I tell you? Too far forward and you'll miss the tubing, and too far back and you're in the soup! Always stay ahead, but if you're in the hamster ball, fall back and launch from the water like a rocket!"

All eyes were on Rainbow Dash, "You took Sunset to surf yesterday?!" Twilight scolded the rainbow-haired girl.

"And while she's in the ball again?" AJ added, crossing her arms.

"What?!" Rainbow retorted, and then soon realized she messed up, "Okay, look! I learned my lesson from the ball incident, but when Sunset and I were at the beach, I can't pass up the opportunity to teach her how to surf. While at the same time, I knew it was dangerous for starters. So... I dash back to Twilight's house, grab the hamster ball and back, Sunset was nailing at the waves in that thing," she gazes up to Sunset, "But that hamster ball is just making it too easy for you, so I consider it as your baby steps. The next time we're on the beach, you'll be riding on a real surfboard. Got it, sweetie?"

Sunset beamed up, "Got it!"

"But did she gets into danger?" Fluttershy asked her warily.

"She's in safe hands with me, and us," Rainbow answered confidently, "I did my best, I did not make the same mistake I made almost a week ago, and I made sure that Adagio was not around and settle Sunset for another early kickoff."

"Ah'll give Adagio an early kickoff if ah get a hold of her," Applejack declared.

"And besides," Sunset chimed in, "It's just as soft as Twilight's" but she immediately stopped and then continued, "Rarity's! Rarity's breasts!"

Rarity gasps, Rainbow Dash bursts out laughing, "She got ya, Rarity!"

Rarity maintains her composure, "Sunset, sweetie, I think you got the wrong idea," Rarity denied, "My tits can't be that big."

"Yes, they are," AJ countered, "Don't call me a liar when ah'm telling the truth. They're pretty big."

"But seriously, mommy Twilight," Sunset said, "You need yours to be bigger, soft, and better than mommy Rarity's."

Twilight's face turns red just as Rainbow laughs even harder, "That's enough, young lady!" Twilight puts her foot down, "No more breasts jokes! It's bad enough when," she turns to Rainbow Dash, "you talked Sunset into surfing with you while she's in the Super Sphere 2.0. From now on, no one goes into my house! And the only person who comes up with inventions to keep Sunset's safe or for her happiness, me! And only me! We can still have sleepovers in my house but no more stealing from me!"

Rainbow waves her hands in defense, "Okay, okay, jeez," Rainbow replied, "I won't steal anything from you."

"And mommy Twilight," Sunset requested, "If you put it that way, can you build me a toy car? You girls never let me drive on my own anymore ever since the Dazzlings' 55th attempt to kidnap me."

"I would but it takes me a lot of time and it could cost me a lot of money to get all the parts I need," Twilight said, she's not going to give in Sunset's puppy dog eyes, "No, I am not Phineas or Ferb who can build insane projects every day in the span of an hour."

Sunset places her hands on her hips, "And if you don't want to keep me waiting and constantly nagging you, can I have my actually car back that you have your brother to store it in the impound garage for way too long?"

Twilight thought about it for a moment, "I'll do it now but since the rain, just storms in," Outside a thunderstorm just started, "And there's a big chance we'll lose wifi network for the rest of the night."

Pinkie, Rainbow, and Sunset gasp at the revelation, "No wifi for tonight?!" Rainbow cried out.

"And I can't get my car back?!" Sunset exclaimed.

"Fret not darlings," Rarity intervened, she digs into her bag, "I got something that should be immune to the effects. Just almost there...." She continues searching until she grabs it, she pulls it out, revealing a very old 70s analog phone, "Tada!"

The girls just blink at her a few times, until they all laugh out loud together. Rarity just stared back at them, annoyed.

"What? It can't be that old," Rarity objected, she also let out a fax machine, "It also attaches to the fax machine and everything else." She attaches it to the machine and it does its thing, this caused the girls to laugh even harder.

"Oh, man!" Rainbow laughed her throat it, "I never thought Rares tries taking old school to the new school!"

Sunset laughed so hard than Pinkie usually does, "At least it helps brighten our mood when we're not gonna have wifi receptions for the whole night!"

"Sunset, sweetie, I will not call Twilight's brother to tell him to give you back your car if you don't stop laughing, young lady!" Rarity threatened her.

But Sunset can't stop laughing, "But I can't! She laughed, even more, she taps Pinkie and Rainbow's shoulder, "Hey, guys, let's stop laughing or I'll never get my car back!"

Rainbow wipes her tears of laughter, "Okay! Guys, let's stop laughing now or Sunset here will never get her precious car back!"

After a few hours later, the girls got themselves settled; they stopped laughing, Twilight used Rarity's phone and called Shining Armor to return Sunset's car back, and then, they got some food, and after a while of resting, it was time to go to bed. Twilight sleeps next to Sunset in her bed, Rainbow just stared at them, thinking to herself, If we beat Crystal Prep tomorrow, then I'll be your new number 1 mom.


The next day

"Matchday at Crystal Prep," Fluttershy announced, "It was Crystal Prep vs. Canterlot High School. Can Sunset Shimmer makes the difference since their previous or can this game be less harmful?"

The ref blows his whistle, thus starting the game. Lightning kicks the ball, she nutmegs past Indigo and passes the ball to Spitfire on the left, she crosses high, Rainbow has her eyes on the ball but Sour Sweet headers it away to Sugarcoat.

"But Rainbow lost the chance," Fluttershy said, "And it's all thanks to their Jewel Defense."

Sour Sweet, Sunny Flare and Fleur De Lis were positioned in somewhat of a triangle form, however, Rarity, who's the audience along with her friends and her fellow CHS schoolmates can easily tell what that is.

"Wow, darlings, their defense looked like the shape of a Trillion," Rarity analyzed.

"No couching, Rarity," AJ told her.

What happens next is that Crystal Prep begins their Gem formation! They shapeshift into different kinds of formations that only Rarity can tell that their formations were based on the shapes of the jewels, gems, and stones. The CHS team was struggling to keep up with them, maybe they should've studied what their formations were about.

Lightning Dust struggled to catch up just as Indigo made a sudden pass to Lemon Zest on the right, "Where did all these formations come from?!"

With their defense scattered, leaving a lot of room for Crystal Prep, Indigo has her yes on goal. But just as she takes the shot, Sunset Shimmer breeze through with her spectacular move, The Shimmer Spinner! She steals the ball from Indigo.

"What an amazing tackle from Sunset!" Fluttershy exclaims over the microphone, and then she sighs in relief.

Minutes later, It's Sunset vs the world now. Every time Crystal Prep forms their Gem formation, Sunset anticipates any of their passes, her Shimmer Spinner was way more unpredictable than their Gem formation. Cinch stares at Celestia, giving her the "What did you teach her" kind of look, Celestia just sheepishly shrugs.

88 minutes later, the scores were still nothing. Both teams huddle up together to plan their next move for the last minutes of the game.

"Good job, Sunset," Rainbow said gratefully, although, she becomes concerned when Sunset was sweating and she was panting hard. "You okay, sweetie?"

Sunset continues panting, "I'll be fine..."

"So what's the plan, captain?" Lightning Dust asked her.

"All we have to do is hold the possession for a bit, and we'll let Sunset do the finishing," Rainbow strategized.

"Are you sure?" A defender asked her, "Because your "favorite" striker is out of breath and Principal Celestia will have to sub her."

"No," Rainbow shook her head, "Sunset will not be on the bench for the dying minutes of the game, because I got a plan." She separates herself from the group and eyes her friends on the audience, waving her friends to get their attention, "PINKIE! NOW!"

"You got it!" Pinkie responded, she grabs something from her hair and pulls a cup of milkshake, she throws it all the way to Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash comes back with the milkshake, "Drink this, Sunset," Rainbow handed her the milkshake.

Sunset in surprise drinks the whole cup, and then her eyelids turn into an image of a milkshake, her energy was instantly back to full strength and her sweat just vanished.

"With either team closing each other in and out, this game might be settled for a penalty!" Fluttershy announced.

CHS team managed to keep their possession on the ball so far, Rainbow jumps over Lemon Zest's slide tackle and passes high to Sunset. Sunset catches the pass and it was now her and the Jewel Defense.

"What she's going to do people?" Sunset asked, "She's turned her world upside down!" She kicks the ball above her, and she went upside down, catches the ball with her feet, and begins to spin with her hands, performing the upside-down version of her Shimmer Spinner. The defenders don't have an answer to this, all they could do now is to not get kicked in the face. Well, not that Sunset intended to do. Sunset breeze through the impenetrable defense, now that she has broken through, Sunset lands back on her feet but stops.

In front of her, instead of Frosty Orange as the goalie, she was replaced by her She-Demon form, adding with stormtroopers from Star Wars, attack helicopters, she looked behind to see that Ninjas were behind her as well, and the weather becomes a snowstorm. So Sunset kicks the ball, she was immediately surrounded by ninjas but Sunset moves fast and uses her Shimmer Spinner and runs circles around the ninjas until they passed out. She moves fast as the stormtroopers shoot their laser guns at her, but Sunset made sharp turns to avoid the "lasers" she zooms past them, leaving the troops in the dust. Sunset looks up to see the attack helicopter was about to shoot at her with Gatling guns and rockets, but Sunset immediately kicks the ball to the "helicopter" and it "blew up" Sunset goes even faster and gets the ball back. But she stops in the box when it's just her and her old She-Demon form, protecting the goal.

Sunset smirked, "Eat this, She-Demon!"

Sunset performs her Shimmer Spinner once more, spinning even faster up to maximum rate. Her spin is creating some big wind that everyone in the pitch can feel it. And then, after 5 seconds, Sunset unleashes a mega shot.

"Unbelievable...." Cinch mumbled, not believing what she was seeing.

"Awesome..." Rainbow muttered.

"Unstoppable!" Fluttershy cheered.

In Sunset's head, the ball shapeshift into a Magic of Friendship beam and it blew the daylights out of her old demon form just as the ball hits the back of the net, and it broke through the goal net. Frosty Orange never has time to react to that.

"What an unbelievable goal from Sunset Shimmer!" Fluttershy cheered happily.

All of the CHS students and her friends cheered loudly just as the visitor team carries Sunset to celebrate. They carried her to make her look like some kind of superhero with a cape.

"You're awesome, Sunset!" Rainbow cheered.

"Yeah!" Lightning Dust added, "Look who's back from the dead!"

The girls carried her all the way back to the locker room while Sunset herself makes herself like a superhero.

Author's Note:

In The Equestria Girls comic, Spitfire was the captain but I'd love to make Rainbow Dash the captain instead. I have no idea the names of CHS midfielders, defenders, and goalkeepers, the only known players are, Rainbow Dash, Lightning Dust, Spitfire, and Sunset Shimmer. So sorry about that.

If you're wondering, how does Cinch comes back to Crystal Prep? I don't know, all I can say is its part of the humor or something! (Shrugs) And besides, it's pretty fun to have Principal Celestia as the coach of the football team.

Yeah, Sunset's imaginations are what motivated her to do that stuff, even if the outside world, she'd make herself like she's crazy but who cares? That's what Rainbow Dash assured her.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it, I'll see you at the next one. Stay coolio. Peace!:twilightsmile: