• Published 11th Jan 2022
  • 2,308 Views, 201 Comments

The Ending of the End Revised, or Be Careful with what you wish for. - SaburoDaimando



Were you disappointed in the Series Finale? Do you wish it was different? Well be careful with what you wish for.

  • ...
29
 201
 2,308

Chapter 11: The Invasion Begins

Author's Note:

So it's been more than a month since I last updated this fanfiction. That being said, I have an idea for a twist ending at the end of the next one. Stay tuned.

The invasion begins

A crowd had descended near the gates leading into Canterlot Castle. At the front of the crowd was a makeshift stage where Neigh Nanners walked on and stood in front of the podium.

“Fellow Equestrians,” Neigh Nanners announced. “We stand before us on the precipice of victory. For more than a thousand years, magic itself has enslaved us to its whims. It held us back and made us weak. And it’s all because of two alicorns and their minions who made us cower.”

The crowd booed loudly as Neigh Nanners finished his sentence. He smiled warmly and held his hooves up, causing the crowd to become silent.

“But today,” Neigh Nanners said. “That era is over. A new era, free of magic, will soon come. The princesses will be tried, sentenced and exiled, along with their cohorts. Soon, I will set you free from the curse that is magic, and give you a life you never thought you would have.”

Neigh Nanners turned his head slightly and held his hoof to his ear as the crowd cheered loudly. THe moment their rally began to quiet, Neigh Nanners cleared his throat.

“So join me, as we march down Canterlot to hold the royal family accountable,” Neigh Nanners said. “For when this day is over, we will Make Equestria Great Again.”

The crowd cheered once more as Neigh Nanners got down from the podium and jumped off the stage. Neigh walked up the path that led towards the front gate, with a whole mob of ponies marching right behind him.

“Princess, you never told me about this before.”

Those words came from Midnight Sparkle as she, Discord, the Students, Sunset, Starlight, Novo, Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, Starswirl, Luna and Celestia gazed in awe at an underground trolley that dwarfs every train in Equestria. They were below the grounds of the castle, with a staircase that led back out into the throne room.

“After the Storm King’s invasion,” Starswirl said. “I insisted on a means of escape in case this happened again. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna came together to make an emergency transit system that allows an entire city to escape to the Crystal Empire.”

“An entire city?” Sunset said, staring in awe at the huge vehicle. “I don’t think I had transportation like this back in the human world.”

“Quite an interesting observation, Sunset Shimmer,” Starswirl said in a jolly voice. “But I have read about how vehicles in the human world work. Some like cars, trucks, minivans, gas guzzling humvees, and even…uggh…tanks. But unlike what I described, this train does not operate on fossil fuels, but rather magical energy.”

“You mean like how the very magic of Equestria is poured into these kinds of vehicles in a crystalized form just to make it easy to go from one place to another?” Silverstream asked.

“Well, something like that,” Princess Luna laughed.

Curiosity struck Ocellus, whose eyes were laid on the presence of the giant of a train. She turned to Princess Celestia and said “But what if magic were to strike it? Magic of any kind?”

Princess Celestia smiled and said “Good Question.” She turned to Discord and added “Would you kindly strike the train with your magic?”

Discord smiled with glee at the thought of using his chaos magic. He turned towards the train, and with a wave of his hands, fired off a giant bolt of lightning at the trolley, unleashing a giant explosion in everyone’s faces, shooting flowers in all directions that landed on their snoots and beaks.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Discord yelled. “I AM INVINCIBLE!”

But when the dust cleared, the trolley appeared completely intact without a scratch, leaving the draconequus completely dumbfounded as his jaw fell down from his mouth.

“Wha?” Discord said. “How in the…but my magic…didn’t work….was I nerfed?”

Princess Celestia laughed loud enough to cause an echo in the room. Discord turned towards Celestia, who only said “In case you’re curious, the metal used for that train is from a forbidden area called ‘Magic’s End.’ It was said that even the most powerful of magics was no match for this kind of ore.”

“A metal that can resist magic?” Discord said in a surprised tone before he marched up and kicked the trolley on the side with his foot. Not only did the trolley not budge, a sore formed on his toe, causing Discord to jump up and down in constant pain.

“Just like how my throne used to be able to absorb magic,” Chrysalis said. “Well except changeling magic.”

As Discord jumped around holding his foot in pain, Princess Celestia walked up to the Draconequus and cast a spell on his foot. The swelling went down, returning the limb to normal. Discord looked down and wiped the sweat off his forehead.

“Ho ho, very funny. Hah hah, it is to laugh,” Discord said in a pouty mood while Celestia just stood there with a wide grin.

Ocellus just stood there nearby looking up at the trolley. She looked down the tunnel that the vehicle was partially parked into. Sandbar, Gallus, Smolder, Yona and Silverstream walked up behind her and looked down the same tunnel.

“Amazing, isn’t it?” Sandar asked.

“I’ll say,” Ocellus said as she stood in awe at the gigantic streetcar. “I know Equestria is impressive with its trains. But I never imagined one that could be used as an escape vehicle.”

“Oooooh a means of escape,” Silverstream said as she grabbed Gallus and squeezed him tight. “Are we going to be like some super international spies with a license to thrill?”

“First off, let go of me,” Gallus said, causing Silverstream to release her grip from the griffin.

“Oops, sorry,” Silverstream said in embarrassment.

“Second off, an international spy?” Gallus said as cracked his back. “That’s no way for me to be on her majesty’s secret service.”

“Aww,” Silverstream said. “That is such a coldfinger.”

Suddenly, Flash Magnus and Somnambula flew in from the secret entrance in such a hurry, attracting everyone in the vicinity, especially Starswirl. The two pegasi land next to Starswirl, who looked troubled at his two companions.

“Flash, Somnambula,” Starswirl said. “I take it the mob is mere moments from arriving in Canterlot.”

“Indeed,” Flash Magnus said. “Neigh Nanners is leading a march towards the capitol with an army-sized mob right behind him.”

“Any attempt to evacuate right now is almost impossible,” Somnambula said. “We may have no choice, but to hold our ground here.”

“We’ll be doing that and getting the citizens to evacuate,” Starswirl said. “Find the other pillars and bring them here, this instant.”

“Right-o,” Flash Magnus said. But just as he and Somnambula were about to turn tail and take off, Starlight tugged on Flash’s tail with her magic.

“Where’s Trixie?” Starlight said. “Is she alright?”

Luna ran up to Starlight, Magnus and Somnambula and said “I sent her out to pick up supplies. She should be done any time now.”

“We’ll go find her and fast,” Somnambula said.

“Thanks,” Starlight said.

WIth that, Flash Magnus and Somnambula ran out the door and flew off through the throne room and out the window. Starlight, Luna and Chrysalis walked through the secret entrance, out into the open of the throne room.

“So do you think they’ll get everyone in before the attack?” Starlight asked.

“I’m hoping they do,” Luna said. “Otherwise, we’re in for a world of hurt.”

Chrysalis just laughed and said “Well it’s not like someone else warned them in advance.”

But as Chrysalis finished her speech, everyone felt the ground beneath them rumble. The three looked up and saw Canterlot Citizens run down the hallway and into the entrance of the chamber.

“What in the world?” Luna yelled.

“How in the…what in the….how can they…” Starlight said, stuttering in confusion.

The citizens only came to a stop when they laid their eyes on Queen Chrysalis. The changeling queen just stood there in total silence as Luna turned to face her.

“Way to jinx it,” Luna said.

Chrysalis just stood there and smiled as the crowd nervously looked at the changeling queen. Starlight stood there with her hoof in her face.

“Well at least that’s one problem that we don’t have to worry about,” Starlight said.

Meanwhile within the city limits of Canterlot, Lord Tirek ran through as fast as he could with Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom on his back. Though the crowds had already run into the castle’s entrance, the centaur was still a slight distance away from the palace.

“Do you think that’s every pony?” Apple Bloom asked.

“If you mean anyone not under that conspiracy theorist’s spell,” Tirek said. “I’m not sure yet. I have a feeling that there are some stragglers remaining.”

Diamond Tiara looked around and noticed Trixie in the vicinity, walking out of a store with her saddlebags full of supplies. She looked like she could barely carry those as her movements were sluggish and she was panting a bit hard. Diamond quickly turned to Tirek and tapped his back, catching the centaur’s attention.

“Think I found someone who is in need of help,” Diamond Tiara said as she pointed to Trixie.

“I know her,” Apple Bloom said. “That’s Trixie. What is she doing here?”

“Does it matter?” Tirek responded as he stretched out his palms. “Someone’s gotta get her off the street and towards the castle.”

Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom nodded to Tirek, who scraped his hooves on the pavement. But up ahead, Trixie struggled to move with the weight of the goodies on her back.

“Man,” Trixie said. “I know this….is too much. But the Great…and Powerful Trixie will complete the task at hoof….for Luna, and for the….”

But before she could finish, she turned to her left to see Tirek run up to her. The stubborn, self-centered mare screamed in horror at the mere sight of a giant Centaur, who only looked down at her with a displeased look.

“GET AWAY FROM ME YOU BIG, UGLY BRUTE,” Trixie yelled. “YOU WON’T HAVE MY MAGIC!”

“Trixie, it’s us,” Apple Bloom said as she and Diamond Tiara popped their heads out. Trixie looked up and her jaw dropped to the ground.

“Diamond Tiara? Apple Bloom?” Trixie said before her tone changed from confused to serious. “DID YOU TAKE SIDES WITH CHRYSALIS, TIREK AND COZY GLOW? NOW THERE’S GOING TO BE A FILLY APOCALYPSE!”

Immediately, Tirek picked up Trixie and held the mare in his hand, all while she carried those supplies in her saddlebags. Trixie could do nothing but stay still.

“Now you listen here,” Tirek said. “You’re going to do as I say and return to the Castle, so that we can all evacuate. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?”

Trixie just stared at Tirek before shaking her head yes. Tirek smiled with glee as he threw Trixie into the air and caught her with his magic. He levitated the arrogant unicorn onto his back, right beneath Apple BLoom and Diamond Tiara, who leaped from Tirek’s shoulders down onto his lower back.

“What are you two doing teaming up with this big palooka?” Trixie said in a huff.

“Long story short,” Apple Bloom replied. “I came to thank Tirek for saving my cousin from the magic of the emotion amplifier.”

“I’m with her because I see a part of me in Tirek,” Diamond Tiara replied. “Or rather part of what I used to be.”

Trixie placed her hoof on her face and shook her head. She turned towards the duo and said “Look, as someone who’s a former villain, you two really don’t want to go down this path. The next thing we need are two earth pony fillies who chose to be the next Cozy Glow.”

Suddenly, Trixie felt a tap on her head. She looked up and saw Tirek glaring at her before pointing in another direction.

“Right now, that’s not going to matter,” Tirek said as he pointed to the gates of Canterlot. “Come with us if you want to live.”

Trixie looked down at the gates of Canterlot. At first, she saw nothing out of the ordinary. But upon a closer inspection, she noticed that the gates were being pushed on violently, causing her jaw to drop in horror.

“Take me to safety,” Trixie yelled. “TAKE ME TO SAFETY!”

“Then hold on,” Tirek yelled as he scraped his front left hoof on the pavement. “I’m getting you three to the castle.”

Trixie, Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom held on tight as Tirek raised his front hooves into the air and roared loudly. Once he landed them onto the pavement, he ran off straight towards the castle, just as the front gates to the city of Canterlot burst open and a crowd of crazed protesters marched through with Neigh Nanners leading the pack.

“Push forward,” Neigh Nanners yelled. “It’s time to take back Canterlot in the name of freedom.”

Trixie, Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara looked behind them as they saw the protesters begin to march down the street. Tirek had his eyes directed at the mad mob as he rushed as fast as possible towards the castle entrance.

“Well aren’t you going to fight them?” Trixie yelled. “You’re Lord Tirek, the most powerful villain in Equestrian history.”

“Well I was,” Tirek said as he ran as fast as possible. “Until Neigh Nanners used the Emotion Amplifier to weaken me.”

“Wait,” Trixie said, after pausing for a sec from Tirek’s response. “An Emotion Amplifier?”

“We’ll talk more about this when we get into the castle,” Diamond Tiara said. “Right now, WE NEED TO HANG ON!”

Diamond Tiara, Apple Bloom and Trixie yelled as loud as possible as they held onto Tirek, who moved as fast as possible towards the castle. Right behind the centaur and three ponies, the mob made their way down the streets of the deserted Canterlot City with Neigh Nanners leading the pack, chanting “Down with Twilight. Down with Celestia. Down with Luna. No more Alicorns.”

“And here I thought the problems back at the School of Friendship were horrible,” Trixie said.

“You think that’s bad?” Tirek yelled as he ran as fast as possible. “Try having to endure that back in Manehattan. These freaks are everywhere.”

As Tirek ran as fast as possible with Apple Bloom, Diamond Tiara and Trixie holding on as tight as possible, Flash Magnus and Somnambula flew in from above with Rochoof, Mistmane, Mage Meadowbrook and Stygian.

“Ahoy there,” Somnambula yelled, catching Tirek’s attention. “I take it you were the one who got the citizens towards the castle.”

“Not proud of it,” Tirek yelled. “But where the heck were the rest of you? Scouting about?”

Rockhoof ran up beside Tirek and yelled “You could say that. We decided to go out and about in case those fiends decided to show up.”

“Well that explains why you snuck out,” Tirek said.

“Either that or someone is a horrible writer,” Trixie yelled, causing Diamond Tiara to bonk her on the head with her hoof. Trixie turned her head to see Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom staring down the stubborn magician.

“Excuse me?” Diamond Tiara yelled. “The last thing we need is someone besides Pinkie Pie and Silverstream to break the fourth wall. Now knock it off, okay?”

“Alright alright,” Trixie yelled before she turned her head away, muttering to herself.

Tirek ran as fast as he could with the pillars of Equestria by side and three ponies holding onto him for dear life. He paid no attention to Neigh Nanner’s mob right behind him, who marched down the streets of Canterlot chanting “Down with Twilight. Down with Celestia. Down with the monarchy. Let freedom ring.”

Back inside the castle, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Queen Chrysalis, Queen Novo, Starswirl the Bearded, Midnight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer were leading as many citizens through the throne room all the way towards the secret staircase leading down to where the trolley was located. Many of the citizens were in a panic, fearing for their lives, even though most of the group looked calm and collective.

“Hurry everyone,” Starswirl said. “The sooner we get you all in, the sooner we can depart.”

“It’s amazing how they all came running out almost in an instant,” Princess Luna said as she guided the citizens of Canterlot towards the secret entrance. “Something tells me the other Pillars of Equestria took this seriously.”

“I’m not sure it was my comrades who did this,” Starswirl said. “Someone else must have alerted everyone of the incoming invasion.”

Queen Chrysalis let out an evil laugh, causing everyone to pause the moment. This disturbed Celestia, Luna, Novo, Starswirl, Sunset and Starlight. Midnight Sparkle paid no attention as she continued to direct the citizens down towards the entrance.

“If I didn’t know any better,” Queen Chrysalis said. “I’d swear it was Tirek who caused the citizens to flee here.”

“Is that a fact?” Sunset Shimmer said as her disturbed look turned into a smirk.

“Oh it is,” Chrysalis said as she walked towards the doorway leading into the throne room. “If I were to guess, Lord Tirek had to….convince the ponies to run as fast as possible towards the castle if they value their lives.”

“Well I don’t call that typical,” Midnight Sparkle laughed. “Either Tirek’s getting soft, or he’s become a yellow-bellied coward. I’m more surprised that he hasn’t drained the magic from every pony, or stole a little colt’s candy.”

With that, everyone stared at Midnight Sparkle with an awkward glare, including Queen Chrysalis who also muttered a soft “Seriously?” Midnight just looked at the group with a smirk on her face.

“What?” Midnight said. “I’m evil now. At least I should have a little bit of fun.”

“All while we’re in the middle of a crisis,” Queen Chrysalis said. “And besides, we have someone more evil than any of us, combined. One with the Emotion Amplifier, an artifact that even I thought was too much. Even Grogar’s bell pales in comparison.”

“I’m afraid Chrysalis is right, Twilight,” Princess Celestia said. “You can be evil all you want. But you are simply no match for Neigh Nanners. Besides, I’ve lost you before, and I don’t want to lose you again.”

As Celestia and Chrysalis turned towards the crowd, Midnight Sparkle looked at both ponies before turning her head away and closing her eyes.

“She doesn’t want to lose me again?” Midnight Sparkle said to herself. “Even after all I’ve been through, she still cares for me?”

But before Midnight Sparkle could move her head, she noticed the ground was shaking beneath her hooves. This caught the attention of everyone in the vicinity.

“What’s going on?” Queen Novo yelled.

Queen Chrysalis noticed the civilians were starting to run far away from the throne room entrance. She took a look down and smiled with glee.

“He’s here,” Queen Chrysalis said. “Tirek has made it to the castle.”

Everyone turned to face the throne room entrance as Tirek busted the doors open and threw them to the side. He ran on in with Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara on his back, and Trixie by his. Right behind the centaur, Flash Magnus, Rockhoof, Mistmane, Somnambula, Mage Meadowbrook and Stygian ran in as fast as possible.

“No time to explain if you’re about to open your lips or beaks,” Tirek yelled. “That cult group is on its way to make mince meat out of all of us.”

The projection of Tirek’s voice was enough to shake the castle a bit, all while Diamond Tiara and Apple Bloom leaped down from Tirek’s back onto the floor.

“I’m afraid Tirek’s right,” Diamond Tiara said. “You should have seen them march towards the castle like they were a part of some cult.”

“I’m afraid to ask,” Sunset Shimmer said as she cleared her throat. “But how bad?”

“Even worse than when I ran a cult,” Starlight Glimmer replied. “This is beyond anything Equestria has ever seen. Even the Storm King paled in comparison.”

Apple Bloom stepped towards Starlight and Sunset and said “Oh you’re not kidding. These guys were the definition of insanity. I don’t know what is in this so-called Emotion Amplifier, but it’s magic that I don’t think anyone could understand.”

“Perhaps if you weren’t that careless in running towards Tirek, you wouldn’t have to put up with that level of craziness.” Apple Bloom turned towards one of the side doors to see Applejack emerge, with Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Spike, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Babs Seed right behind her. Tirek just stood there, staring down the country bumpkin.

“I am aware that you have a lack of trust in me due to my nature,” Tirek said as he folded his arms. “But we have no time for this.”

“Oh that’s an understatement, Tirek,” Applejack said before turning her attention to Apple Bloom. “Apple Bloom, I know we’re supposed to be the shining example that friendship is magic. But that was mighty reckless of you and Diamond Tiara to run out to thank Tirek, regardless of his trust.”

“I did that because I didn’t want Tirek to be alone, like how Fluttershy chose to be Discord’s friend,” Apple Bloom replied.

“But that’s still no excuse to do what you did,” Applejack said.

Fluttershy immediately walked up to Applejack and said “Actually, she has a point there. After all, Discord and Tirek are alike in many ways.”

“Fluttershy, that isn’t the point,” Applejack said as she briefly covered her face with her hat before turning back to Apple Bloom. “The point is that you could have gotten hurt, even if it wasn’t from Tirek. And what’s worse, you put Diamond Tiara in danger.”

“I chose to go with her because I saw a bit of myself in Tirek,” Diamond Tiara said as she stood by Apple Bloom. “Besides, I’ve already got my own problems with my parents and Silver Spoon missing.”

“You’re not making any sense, Diamond,” Applejack said. “We’re all in a harsh predicament right now, and the last thing I want to see is you getting hurt by those monsters.”

“But does that give us an excuse to neglect those who need help?” DIamond Tiara asked.

“I’m afraid she’s right.” Diamond Tiara looked behind Applejack and saw Granny Smith and Big Macintosh walk up from behind the rest of the Mane heroes and fillies. Granny Smith walked in front of the group and said with a somber tone “I know you’ve lost your parents and your close friend since we escaped from Ponyville, but the last thing you need is to put yourself at the mercy of those hoodlums.”

Big Mac stood by Granny Smith before he said “Eeyup.”

Applejack placed her hoof on Diamond Tiara’s cheek and said “Granny’s right. And while we’re not related, I still care for your well being like I care for Apple Bloom’s.”

“But,” Diamond Tiara said before Applejack placed her hoof on the filly’s mouth.

“No buts,” Applejack said. “What if those monsters did something horrible to you? What if they decided to take you captive? Turn you into one of them? Or even worse? What if they decide to do harm to you?”

Diamond Tiara was at a loss for words. She held her mouth shut and turned her head away towards Princess Celestia and Princess Luna all while she held her eyes shut. Applejack reached over and placed her hoof on Diamond Tiara’s cheek.

“I know how upset you are, considering what you’re going through,” Applejack said in a calm and pleasant tone. “But considering what we’re all going through, I am concerned for your well being, Diamond Tiara. I hope that one day, we get your parents and your best friend back. And as long as I’m around, I’ll make sure nothing happens to you.”

Diamond Tiara opened her eyes and looked up at Applejack. She got up on her hind legs and reached out to the apple pony as everyone kept their eyes on the duo.

“It’s moments like these that make me glad to have been reformed,” Sunset Shimmer said.

“Tell me about it,” Starlight replied. “Makes me wonder what kind of monster I would have been if not for the magic of friendship.”

Suddenly, and without warning, a blast of magic energy fires out of nowhere and hits both Applejack and Diamond Tiara, sending them both flying to the floor. Everyone’s faces dropped down in total shock.

“APPLEJACK! TIARA! NOOOOOOO!” Apple Bloom cried as she struggled to reach out towards the two.

Applejack barely got herself up as she got a glance at Diamond Tiara. She laid there helplessly as her eyes began to water.

“Tiara,” Applejack said with a weak voice. “Whoever….did this….knocked her…out.”

Applejack could only watch as Apple Bloom ran up to the unconscious Diamond Tiara and picked her upper torso up. She looked down at comatosed filly and tears flowed from her eyes.

“Tiara,” Apple Bloom said. “Wake up. Don’t die on me.”

Apple Bloom held Diamond Tiara tight as she cried in silence. Everyone continued to stare in horror at the atrocity that happened.

“What kind of sick monster would hurt a little filly?” Queen Novo said as she stomped the floor in anger.

“I am that sick monster.” Everyone turned their heads to see Neigh Nanners at the entrance with a number of entranced ponies standing right behind him, waiting to pounce.

“You,” Applejack said as she struggled to get up. “You did this.”

“Of course I did,” Neigh Nanners said. “How can you protect those who don’t deserve protection when you can’t protect yourself? Isn’t that right, my freedom fighters?”

The crowd behind Neigh Nanners cheered the moment Neigh Nanners finished his sentence before chanting “Down with Celestia. Down with Luna. Down with Twilight. Down with Magic. Let Freedom Ring.” Everyone in the throne room stood there, horrified.

“Everyone,” Princess Celestia said as she held the Bewitching Bell to her side. “Get the refugees to safety. I’ll hold them off.”

“Princess,” Midnight Sparkle said. “Are you serious? Even Grogar’s bell is no match for the Emotion Amplifier.”

“I know,” Princess Celestia said. “But if I’m going to lose you again, it should be me that takes the fall.”

“Sister,” Princess Luna cried. “Don’t do this. It’s not worth it.”

Princess Celestia ignored Luna’s cry and stepped towards Neigh Nanners, holding the Bewitching Bell to her side. Even Chrysalis and Tirek just stood there, completely silent.

“Neigh Nanners,” Princess Celestia said, readying the Bewitching Bell to her side. “Today is the day you pay for your crimes against Equestria, the Magic of Harmony, and those that you harmed.”

To Be Continued