• Published 11th Jan 2022
  • 2,307 Views, 201 Comments

The Ending of the End Revised, or Be Careful with what you wish for. - SaburoDaimando



Were you disappointed in the Series Finale? Do you wish it was different? Well be careful with what you wish for.

  • ...
29
 201
 2,307

Chapter 4: Crisis at Canterlot Castle

Crisis at Canterlot Castle

“What do you mean you’re quitting?”

Those words came from Princess Celestia, who sat nervously in the throne room with Queen Novo by her side and Chancellor Neighsay on the opposite side. Though normally stern and tough, Chancellor Neighsay looked worried and concerned.

“I’m afraid that it was going to come to this,” Chancellor Neighsay said. “But with the recent incidents involving protesters going after schools across Equestria….”

“I’m aware of what’s going on with the schools across Equestria,” Princess Celestia said. “And while I have dispatched a number of guards and police to try to quell the uprisings, they have been stretched thin beyond their limit.”

“Even more so,” Chancellor Neighsay said as he pulled a letter out from his coat and held it out. “The last straw came when the families of many former members were threatened.”

Princess Celestia levitated the letter close to her and glanced at the words. Her face turned to disgust. Queen Novo looked down and was horrified by the content of the letter.

“I have not seen this much malice in my lifetime,” Queen Novo said. “What drove these ponies to act in this manner?”

“They said they’re getting their information from Neigh Nanners,” Princess Celestia said. “But I don’t understand how he managed to work up the ponies of Equestria into this kind of mob mentality.”

“And that’s exactly why I can’t work like this anymore,” Chancellor Neighsay said.

“So that’s the reason why you’re quitting the Equesterian Education Association?” Queen Novo asked.

“It’s worse than that, Queen Novo of Seaquestria,” Chancellor Neighsay said. “Effective immediately, the whole E.E.A. is disbanding.”

Both Queen Novo and Princess Celestia went into total shock upon hearing Chancellor Neighsay’s words.

“But you can’t disband,” Princess Celestia said. “How will the schools continue to run?”

“Right now, they shouldn’t,” Chancellor Neighsay said. “Especially after I heard word about what happened at the School of Friendship. None of those students deserved that level of harassment. Not even Twilight’s prized students deserved it, especially all that they’ve done to save Equestria.”

“I’m sorry that it had come to this,” Princess Celestia said. “I will inform the remaining schools of Equestria to shutter until further notice, including my School for Gifted Unicorns.”

“I’ve already taken the liberty of doing just that for you,” Chancellor Neighsay said as he turned tail and began to walk on.

“I see,” Princess Celestia said. “Thank you, Former Chancellor Neighsay.”

“And I’m sorry to have to say this,” Chancellor Neighsay said as he approached the entrance of the throne room while keeping his eyes towards Princess Celestia. “And I have been a patriot towards the well-being of Equestria. But had I known this great kingdom would fall towards the unruly rabble, I would have sided with Cozy Glow and allowed her to take all the magic away. We don’t deserve this madness.”

As the now Former Chancellor Neighsay walked out of the throne room, Princess Celestia let out a sigh of disappointment as Queen Novo watched her close friend resign to the turmoil growing.

“Sadly,” Princess Celestia said to herself. “I would have done the same thing.”

“Old friend,” Queen Novo said. “I have not seen you in this much despair at all. Not even when you had to banish your own sister to the moon.”

“There is a part of me that wants to just… unleash my own anger on the kingdom, because of what the ponies are doing to each other over their anger towards Twilight Sparkle. But I fear if I do that, they’ll direct their anger at me.”

“There is no easy solution to this,” Queen Novo said. “Right now, our best hope is to find Twilight Sparkle and to bring her home safely. And to ensure that the refugees are safe here in Canterlot.”

“I know,” Princess Celestia said. “But we also know that Canterlot may also fall to the mob mentality. If worse comes to worse, we may have to ship the refugees to the Crystal Empire. But I don’t know if that will hold.”

“We’ll get through this,” Queen Novo said. “You have my word.”

Back in the royal hallway, Chancellor Neighsay walked downwards with his head slumped down in shame. At the far end, Princess Luna walked in with Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, Spike, Trixie, Juno, Huckleberry, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Sandbar, Gallus, Ocellus, Smolder, Yona, Silverstream, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara, Big Mac, Sugar Belle, Granny Smith, Grand Pear and the rest of the students right behind her. The Student Six noticed Neighsay’s tone and immediately ran up to him.

“Chancellor Neighsay?” Sandbar asked.

“Former Chancellor Neighsay,” Neighsay said. “And as for now, the E.E.A. is no more.”

“What?” Gallus said. “That can’t be right.”

“How are ponies going to learn right now?” Silverstream asked.

“It’s too dangerous for that to happen,” Neighsay said. “Word has it that a number of schools across Equestria are being bombarded by protesters who have gone mad by Neigh Nanner’s speech. I don’t know how he did it, but he somehow got into their minds.”

“Yona thought Cozy Glow was worst pony,” Yona said. “But now this Neigh Nanners pony is new worst pony.”

“Yeah,” Smolder said. “And the fact that we all had to suffer because of his propaganda isn’t fair.”

“Listen,” Neighsay said as he reached out with his hoof. “You six showed me that I was wrong about the other races of Equestria. Unfortunately, because of this crisis, I have more faith in your kind and for the innocent than I do with my own kind. I want you all to be strong for each other in these tough times. Remember the lessons that Princess Twilight Sparkle bestowed upon you. Do you promise to do that?”

The Student Six stood for a moment before they said in a somber tone “Yes. We do.”

“Then that is the important lesson you six should never forget,” Neighsay said as he lowered his hoof to the ground. No matter what happens, the magic of friendship will remain within you six. In the darkness that we are now lost in, there will be a light.”

Neighsay nodded to the Student Six before walking down towards the doorway. Princess Luna nodded to the six as they looked at the saddened former head of the disbanded E.E.A.

“Come,” Princess Luna said. “We should get you settled in.”

With those words, Sandbar, Gallus, Ocellus, Yona, Smolder, Silverstream, Juno, Huckleberry, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara, Big Mac, Sugar Belle, Granny Smith and Grand Pear walked down towards the entrance to the throne room with the rest of the students following behind them.

“They never deserved this,” Starlight said as she stood there, watching the students and the Sweet Apple Acres farmers walk through the entrance to the throne room with Princess Luna standing guard. “All this hate and bile towards Twilight Sparkle, and it led to this.”

“Honestly,” Applejack said. “I’m starting to lose faith in everything. We don’t know where Twilight is, and all of Equestria is now in a full-on crisis mode.”

“Yeah,” Pinkie Pie said. “Makes the Storm King look like a mere party animal.”

“Let’s just hope there are others out there who made it as well,” Rarity said.

Suddenly, someone shouted out “STARLIGHT!” Starlight Glimmer turned to her left and saw Night Glider, Party Favor and Double Diamond waving to her.

“Guys?” Starlight said. “What are you three doing here?”

“You’re not going to believe what just happened,” Double Diamond said as he, Party Favor and Night Glider ran up to Starlight.

“These friends of yours?” Sunset asked.

“Let’s just say I used to turn them into my own personal cult,” Starlight replied.

The moment Double Diamond got up to Starlight, he said in a shocking tone “A mob group, chanting ‘No More Twilight,’ just busted into our town and drove us all off. Then they proceeded to burn the place to smithereens. Unfortunately, we got separated from the rest of the villagers and wound up here.”

“WHAT?” Starlight yelled.

“That sounds almost like what we’ve gone through,” Fluttershy said.

“You’ve had that kind of experience as well?” Night Glider said. “Sounds like the unruly mob drove you all out of Ponyville.”

“Not to mention they trashed the School of Friendship,” Rainbow Dash said. “I have not seen this kind of mindlessness at all. Even Lightning Dust was tame compared to this.”

“Listen,” Sunset said. “We should go inside and meet with Princess Celestia. She’ll help out with your predicament.”

“That’s the kind of good news that we needed to hear,” Party Favor said.

“Come,” Starlight said. “Let’s take you to Princess Celestia.”

With that, Sunset, Starlight and Trixie lead Party Favor, Night Glider and Double Diamond towards the entrance to the throne room. Princess Luna walked away from the entrance and towards Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy and Spike.

“I know you’ve just arrived in Canterlot,” Luna said. “But I have an assignment for you all.”

“I don’t like where this is going,” Spike said. “But go on.”

“I hate to say this,” Princess Luna said. “But we need Discord back here right this instant. He’ll know what to do with the roused rabble.”

“Wait,” Rainbow Dash said. “Does that mean he has to put off locating Twilight?”

“I’m afraid so,” Princess Luna said. “I know you want to see Twilight again, and I feel the same way. But until this crisis is dealt with, finding Twilight is now considered too hazardous a task. I’m terribly sorry.”

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy and Spike all let out a depressing sigh. Applejack walked up to Luna and said “We’ll do what we can to find Discord and tell him to get the crowd under control. But at the same time, I don’t feel comfortable about doing this.”

“I take it because you don’t feel right abandoning a friend,” Princess Luna said.

“No,” Applejack said. “I feel like if we made Discord alter their minds just to stop a riot, it would make him no better than if he weren’t reformed at all. It’s not right.”

“That’s unexpected of you, Applejack,” Rarity said.

“I know,” Applejack said. “But if Twilight found out that we had to use Discord to control the mob, she would be far more disappointed in us than the disaster at the Summer Sun Celebration. We’re better than this.”

“I understand what you mean by that,” Princess Luna said. “But desperate times call for desperate measures, and if we don’t act soon, I fear the Windigos will show themselves and freeze all of Equestria.”

“Very well,” Applejack said, tipping her hat in shame. “But I’m not going to be proud of doing this.”

With that, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie turned around and walked towards the entrance to the hallway. Spike looked up at Princess Luna, seeing the somber look on her face.

“It’s like we’re being forced into this choice, Princess Luna,” Spike said.

“I know,” Princess Luna said. “And sometimes, I feel like I was let off too easily for my own crimes as Nightmare Moon.”

With that, Spike turned his head and ran after the other ponies as they made their way out the door.

Back in the throne room, the students all gathered around Princess Celestia, cheering as the alicorn walked up to the group. Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer wasted no time running up to Princess Celestia, while Queen Novo stood by the group. Celestia was quick to raise her head to see Sunset Shimmer approach her.

“Sunset Shimmer,” Princess Celestia said as Sunset jumped up and gave her mentor a hug. “Thanks for coming on such short notice.”

“The last time we saw each other,” Sunset said as she held onto Princess Celestia. “It was to put aside all past deeds and to start anew.” She pulled away from Celestia and looked up to her before she said “But now we’re all in a crisis unlike anything we’ve ever been in.”

“And I’m sorry you had to miss out on your graduation party at Canterlot High,” Princess Celestia said.

“That’s the least of my worries,” Sunset Shimmer said. “After seeing what those protesters did to the School of Friendship, I’m willing to do whatever it takes to get this under control.”

“Thank you, my former student,” Princess Celestia said as Sunset let go of the alicorn and landed on her four hooves.

Immediately, Princess Luna came through the front doors of the throne, catching the attention of everyone.

“Sister,” Princess Celestia said. “You sent them out to find Discord?”

“I have,” Princess Luna said.

“So that means,” Sandbar said. “We won’t see Twilight for who knows how long?”

“I’m afraid not,” Princess Celestia said. “Until we can get the crowds across Equestria under control, it’s not safe for even Twilight Sparkle to reveal herself.”

“Then maybe we can go out and find Twilight,” Starlight said.

“That’s not a wise choice, young lady,” Queen Novo said. “Especially after what you’ve all been through at the School of Friendship.”

“Queen Novo’s right,” Princess Luna said. “Right now, Twilight Sparkle may be in hiding, and we need to find out where Discord is so he can calm the crowd down.”

“So what are we to do?” Yona asked. “Yona want Twilight back. Yona not like being cooped up in castle.”

“Yona,” Princess Celestia said. “I know you’re disappointed in our decision, but…”

“We’re all disappointed, your majesty,” Silverstream said. “To leave a friend out there like a lost kitten? What if something horrible happened to her?”

“We’ve been in this kind of scenario before,” Gallus said. “Back when Cozy Glow decided to drain the magic from Equestria, we six took action to stop her plans. If we leave Twilight out there, we’re no better than Cozy Glow.”

Celestia was at a loss for words. She held her own head back in shame. Luna walked up to Queen Novo and inched her muzzle towards the hippogriff’s ear.

“This is more serious than we realize,” Princess Luna whispered. “Maybe we shouldn’t have sent Twilight’s friends out to find Discord.”

Novo turned her beak towards Luna’s ear and whispered “Maybe we can form a search party to find Twilight Sparkle. After all, her student Starlight Glimmer has the ability to teleport at will.”

“That might be risky,” Luna whispered back. “But it’s better than doing nothing at all.”

Queen Novo nodded. She walked towards Celestia and tapped her shoulder, getting the attention of the prime alicorn.

“Princess,” Queen Novo said. “I think there needs to be a compromise. Not just to get Discord back, but also Twilight.”

Princess Celestia turned her head towards Queen Novo and said “I know. But I don’t want them to put their own lives at stake.”

“Even though Twilight’s closest friends are doing what they can to find Discord?” Queen Novo said. “It might be worth sending a second party to find Twilight and bring her home.”

Princess Celestia breathed out a sigh and said “Alright. I’ll do it.”

Princess Celestia approached Sunset and Starlight and was about to open her mouth when she heard the sound of doors flying wide open and someone yelling out “ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! Don’t get your tails twisted in a knot.” Celestia turned her head towards the entrance, where Neigh Nanners walked on in with two guards right behind him.

“Neigh Nanners,” Princess Celestia said as her tone turned dark. “You know why you were brought here.”

Neigh Nanners brushed off his jacked and adjusted his fedora before he walked up to Princess Celestia.

“I don’t know why you had to drag the Voice of Truth up here,” Neigh Nanners said. “After all, you’re denying me my right to free speech here.”

“That’s one thing, Mr Nanners,” Princess Celestia said. “What I want to know is why are thousands of ponies across Equestria breaking out into hordes of Anti-Twilight protests?”

Neigh Nanners let out a huge laugh, causing most of the ponies in the room to become disturbed by his hysterical chuckle.

“Yona not like this pony,” Yona whispered to Sandbar.

“Tell me about it,” Sandbar said.

Neigh Nanners finished laughing as he wiped a tear from his eye.

“You are such a naive princess,” Neigh Nanners said. “Very well. I’ll entertain you.”

Meanwhile in the early night, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy were running as fast as they could through the streets of Canterlot with Spike flying right beside them.

“Are you really sure this is a good idea?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Not really,” Applejack said. “But right now, we need Discord by our side to stop these uprisings.”

“I don’t get why ponies are not fighting back against these numbskulls,” Rainbow Dash said. “In fact, if one were to attack my best buds, I would waste no time kicking them to Kooka-Mane-ga.”

“Rainbow,” Applejack said. “We’re trying not to resort to that low. We’re better than this.”

“Well if we are,” Fluttershy asked. “Then why are the protesters gaining grounds like what happened at the School of Friendship?”

“That’s an answer none of us knows,” Rarity replied.

“Well the sooner we find Discord,” Applejack said. “The better.”

Suddenly, Spike noticed something up in the distance to his left. Immediately, he flew down and held his hands in front of the other mares.

“Spikey,” Rarity said. “What’s going on?”

“Look to your left,” Spike said. “Seems we’ve accomplished our goal faster than we realized.”

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy turned their heads to their left to see Discord running as fast as possible towards them.

“That’s Discord,” Fluttershy said “But why is he running that fast?”

“Who cares,” Pinkie Pie said. “The fact that he’s back says a whole lot.”

The five mares and Spike stood still, allowing Discord to run up to the group before coming to a stop and catching his breath.

“Are we glad to see you,” Applejack said. “Listen, we need your help in quelling the protests across Equestria. Your search for Twilight will have to be put on hold until further notice.”

“That’s nice and all,” Discord said. “But I’m afraid I don’t have my magic anymore.”

“WHAT?” Fluttershy yelled.

“Wait a minute,” Rainbow Dash said. “You lost your magic?”

“Now our problem just got even worse,” Spike said. “How are we going to quell the mob without Discord’s magic?”

“In fact,” Pinkie Pie said. “How did you lose your magic?”

Discord crinched in shame before he said “You’re going to hate me for what I’m about to say.”

Applejack let out a sigh and said “Okay, screw up. What in the name of Princess Celestia did you do?”

Discord reached down and whispered into the ears of the five mares and Spike. The moment the draconequus stopped, their eyes widened in total shock.

“You did what?” Applejack yelled.

“Smooth move, moron,” Spike said.

“That was a low blow of a party crash,” Pinkie Pie said. “Even by your standards.”

“Discord,” Fluttershy said. “How could you? After what he did to betray you.”

Rarity marched over to Discord with a scowl on her face and said “You beastly beast. Don’t you know what you’ve done that placed us all in this predicament, you beastly beastly beast?”

“I am aware of that,” Discord said. “Now take me to Celestia. I already know how upset she’ll be when she finds out.”

“Oh I can only imagine,” Rainbow Dash said. “Considering you paired up Queen Chrysalis, King Sombra, Lord Tirek and Cozy Glow while pretending to be Grogar. Now come on, you big buffoon.”

With that, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Spike and Discord turned around and ran back down the street in a hurry.

Back in the throne room, the students, Sunset, Starlight, Trixie, Queen Novo, Princess Luna, Diamond Tiara, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the former occupants of Starlight’s village, and the Apple family stood aside as Princess Celestia stared down Neigh Nanners.

“So you’re telling me to retract my article because it hurt your feelings?” Neigh Nanners asked.

“No, because it’s not true,” Princess Celestia said. “I’ve known Twilight Sparkle ever since I made her my prime student. She would never resort to what you just described.”

“Excuses, excuses,” Neigh Nanners said. “I wrote that article because I believed that the ponies of Equestria deserve to know the true side to Ex-Princess Twilight Sparkle.”

“But it’s considered slander,” Princess Luna said as she stepped forward. “We have laws against this kind of rhetoric. You can lose your license if you don’t do the right thing.”

“I am doing the right thing,” Neigh Nanners said. “I’m exposing what a fraud Princess Twilight Sparkle truly is. And for you to bring me in here like I’m a wanted felon violates my rights to free speech.”

“She’s not kidding,” Princess Celestia said. “I was the author of those laws because with free speech, there is a responsibility in what is true and what is false.”

“So what you’re saying,” Neigh Nanners said. “Is that you don’t mind limiting the free speech of the ponies of Equestria?”

“That is not the case,” Princess Celestia said. “It is about responsibilities and…”

“The only thing I see is an alicorn with an ego problem who can’t handle the will of the ponies,” Neigh Nanners said, cutting Princess Celestia off. “Until you can provide proof that Twilight Sparkle is not as unhinged as the ponies believed, then you have…NOTHING!”

Princess Celestia slumped back in her chair. She placed her hoof on her forehead before directing her attention towards Neigh Nanners.

“Very well,” Celestia said in a defeated tone. “You’re dismissed.”

“I thought so,” Neigh Nanners said before turning his back towards Princess Celestia. “Good day, Princess. Good day.”

With that, Neigh Nanners walked straight towards the door as Luna and Novo ran up to Princess Celestia, all while the others watched with a concerned look on their faces.

“Sister,” Princess Luna said. “Why did you let him off so easily?”

“I don’t know,” Princess Celestia said. “When I was debating him on his smear tactic, he gave off some kind of vibe that just…weighed me down.”

“I noticed that vibe as well,” Queen Novo said. “Never have I seen a pony with so much bile and hate than this Neigh Nanners fellow.”

“Well the sooner Discord is here,” Celestia said. “The sooner we can calm this insurrection down.”

Nearby, as the group looked at Celestia, Luna and Novo, Starlight and Sunset turned towards each other, their faces now even more in despair.

“I have never seen any pony talk down Princess Celestia like that,” Starlight Glimmer said.

“Now I know how Twilight felt after I heard how this Neigh Nanners jerk chewed her out like that,” Sunset Shimmer said.

“So the big question is,” Trixie whispered in a scared tone. “How do we beat this guy through debates and all that? Even the Great and Powerful Trixie pales in comparison to that bloated windbag.”

“Honestly,” Starlight said. “I have no idea.”

Suddenly, they overheard the sound of a filly about to cry. Starlight, Sunset and Trixie turned their heads to see Diamond Tiara, looking like she’s about to burst into tears. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were right next to Diamond Tiara, trying to comfort her.

“Hey,” Sunset Shimmer said. “Are you alright?”

“It’s that Neigh Nanners jerk,” Scootaloo said. “Something about him got to Diamond Tiara.”

“It’s going to be okay,” Sunset said as she sat down and held her arms out. “If you need to cry, I’ll be happy to let you cry on me.”

Diamond Tiara looked up at Sunset Shimmer. She ran up and cried right on her chest as Sunset held her close.

“Is that bad pony gone?” Diamond Tiara cried.

“Yes,” Sunset said. “And it’s going to be okay.”

While Sunset Shimmer comforted Diamond Tiara, Starlight walked up to Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

“By the way,” Starlight asked. “I noticed that Diamond Tiara often hangs out with another filly named Silver Spoon. Whatever happened to her?”

Apple Bloom let out a sigh and said “Because of the harassment that every pony was getting, Silver Spoon’s family decided they were the first to move out. Silver Spoon was against the idea, but she had no say in the matter. Diamond Tiara had to say her good-bye to Silver Spoon before she left.”

“And since then, we’ve tried to at least cheer her up, hoping that one say she’ll see Silver Spoon again,” Sweetie Belle said. “But ever since early ago today, it’s gone downhill for her.”

“She doesn’t deserve this,” Trixie said. “No pony deserves what she’s going through.”

“So how do we fight back against this crisis?” Double Diamond asked. “Especially to the fact that we’re homeless now?”

Starlight turned her head and said “I honestly don’t know.”

Meanwhile, Neigh Nanners walked down the hallway leading from the throne room with a smirk on his face.

“Never thought I’d see the day where I get to put Princess Celestia in her place,” Neigh Nanners said to himself. “Now what should I tell the ponies of Equestria about their shell-of-a-former-self alicorn?”

But just as Neigh Nanners approached the exit from the hall, the doors swung wide open as Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Spike and Discord run as fast as they could down the hallway. Neigh Nanners just watched as the group ran towards the entrance to the throne room and swung the doors open.

“Curious,” Neigh Nanners said. “They must be in that much of a hurry to see Princess Celestia.

As soon as the doors to the throne room shut tight, Neigh Nanners ran up to the twin doors and put his ear onto it.

“This sounds too juicy for me to pass up,” Neigh Nanners said as he rolled up his sleeve.

On his wrist was an armband of some sort with a milky white jewel embedded. Neigh Nanners looked at the armband with a sense of glee.

“You haven’t let me down since the day I discovered you, Emotion Amplifier,” Neigh Nanners said. “And you’ve managed to successfully rile up the ponies of Equestria into turning against Twilight Sparkle through my voice and through the papers I write. Now let’s see if you can break Princess Celestia even further than you just did.”

Neigh Nanners covered the jewel with his jacket sleeve before putting his ear back on the door.

To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Now I know what you're thinking about the next part, that Discord's going to get chewed out NOT only for allowing Equestria's biggest villains to unite, but also for Twilight siding with them. But that's just the tip of the iceberg with the next part.

And BTW, I'll have it up this weekend.