• Published 3rd Feb 2022
  • 493 Views, 18 Comments

Magical Mysteries of Hogwarts: Twilight's Reign of Darkness - Juliaa



It has been 5 years since Twilight united with one of the most powerful dark wizards of all time and took over the world. She is the ruler now, has all the magic she wanted but at what cost? The Rebellion lead by Sunset Shimmer is rising.

  • ...
 18
 493

Hope In The Darkness

There is no way Sunset will seek help from Cadence, Shining Armor, Mel and Stacy! She would never do that! They can win this without them.

As much as she tries to respect ideas of her past teachers, even though Snape has always been on really thin line, this time she can't even consider it. Sure all of those people want revenge on Twilight and Discord and they would try to stop them but they also want revenge on them. Who is to say they would ever help them? It would just make things worse!

So Sunset is going with the obvious choice. Asking Rarity to contact Capper and help them break inside so she can talk to Twilight and get her to help them take down Nightmare Moon.

What about Discord you say? Sunset hasn't been thinking about Discord at all. Or the world for that matter. Her only focus is Twilight. She had to save her from the darkness she surrounded herself with.

But to wait for Capper to contact Rarity back will be harder than Sunset though. There is nothing left to do but make last preparations and be ready when he calls.

______

"I hate this!" Rainbow was frustrated. She went on a walk with Applejack to take a break from it all. At least as much as she could since the sky has been dark ever since Nightmare Moon became the one in charge. Everything was gloomy, cold, dark.

"I know, sugarcube! Me too! But I am sure things will be over soon! We will take her down and everything will be okay!" Applejack tried to stay positive and reassured her girlfriend.

"I really hope you are right! It's just so hard to wait! I need action! I need to save the world now!" Rainbow tried to explain.

"I know... waiting really is hard..." she said as she sat down and Rainbow joined her.

They have sat on a bench in silence for few moments before Rainbow asked, "do you miss seeing your family?"

"Yeah... I wonder how they are doing! I have only been sending and recieving letters from them. Can't wait to see them!"

"I am sure they are okay over there on farm!" Rainbow reassured.

"I can't believe they all will be five years older when I see them! If things were normal, Apple Bloom would already be in Hogwarts! I just miss them so much!"

"I just know they miss you too!" Rainbow smiled.

"I am sure your parents do too!" Applejack added.

"Nah, they probably didn't even notice I was gone. Maybe they don't even know darkness took over the world!" Rainbow was partly frustrated but mostly deep in her thoughts.

"I am so sorry, sugarcube," she didn't know what to say so she took her girlfriend's hand.

"Don't be. We talked about this, I am over that! I have the most amazing friends and girlfriend with me! I just don't want to lose any of you and this Rebellion thing seems dangerous. Not for me, of course!"

"Of course," Applejack eyerolled at that world.

"But for all of you! I can stand being captured but I couldn't stand any of you getting captured!"

"Well I couldn't stand you getting captured either!"

Rainbow smiled. "We will all have each others backs, I just know it. I only hope our plan will work!"

"Me too, sugarcube! Me too," Applejack leaned her head on Rainbow's shoulder.

______

Sunset was sitting in their hiding spot drinking some tea. Very soon Snape walked in and joined her.

Sunset was looking at old photo of her and her friends from their first year. She smiled.

"It hurts, doesn't it?" Snape asked. "Trying to get over old love."

"It isn't old love!" Sunset got defensive.

"And yet you are so occupied you don't see the bigger picture! You so badly want to get to her and not get her hurt that you don't do what is best for the world!" Snape was angry.

"I am not here to save the world! I am here to save my.... friend."

"Ex friend. Ex girlfriend too. Now enemy."

"Ugh, you are the one to speak? Do you even know anything about love?!" Sunset lost it.

"We aren't here to talk about me!" he was angry. But then he sighed seeing no point in arguing this time, "love sometimes makes us do stupid things, it makes us go to great lenghts."

"Yeah... but one can't help it," Sunset calmed down and sank back to her thoughts.

"But one can't help it," Snape repeated her words slowly.


They both went back to drinking their tea in silence.

______

"Love sometimes makes us do stupid thingd, it makes us go to great lenghts! But one can't help it," Capper whispered to himself as he was finishing writing a note to Rarity of when they can come to the Hogwarts castle. "But sadly betrayal is like my middle name by now." He turned to Twilight and Discord standing at the doorway listening to him.

"Good," Twilight smiled. "Now give me the letter so I can send it to Rarity!"

He gave her the letter and she left while Discord didn't stop staring at him angrily.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Capper was annoyed.

"You are betraying Rarity's trust.... again."

"Yes, I know!" he was angry.

"Don't you love her?" He tried to understand.

"Yes? No? I have no idea. Why does it matter?"

"Why does it matter? You can't betray someone you love!" Discord snapped.

"Well you did!"

"And I regreted it ever since!" Discord looked at Capper. "If you love Rarity, you will help me stop this nonsence about capturing them when they come tomorrow night. You can't keep on playing for both sides. It's finally time to chose, and the choice is all yours! Either Nightmare Moon or Rarity!" Discord said seriously before he left.

No matter what Capper decides, he still had only one job to do when they come and that is to make sure he saves his friends and Fluttershy.