• Published 3rd Feb 2022
  • 494 Views, 18 Comments

Magical Mysteries of Hogwarts: Twilight's Reign of Darkness - Juliaa



It has been 5 years since Twilight united with one of the most powerful dark wizards of all time and took over the world. She is the ruler now, has all the magic she wanted but at what cost? The Rebellion lead by Sunset Shimmer is rising.

  • ...
 18
 494

What No One Predicted

Author's Note:

And here we are with the final continuation of this fanfic series. I hope you will enjoy it!

Sorrow. Cold. Darkness.

It has been 5 years since Twilight united with one of the most powerful dark wizards of all time Nightmare Moon and took over the world. Discord on their side too. She is the ruler now, has all the magic she wanted but at what cost?


To stop Twilight her friends have organized The Rebellion, a group lead by Sunset Shimmer trying to take her down. Everything happened so fast back then and they had to adjust quickly. Everyone did.

They have gained only a few members trying to help them since everyone was so afraid of Her Who Shall Not Be Named.

Or now maybe she shall be named.


Since Nightmare Moon has been ruling with the help of one Element of Harmony and the Element of Disharmony, it was very easy for her to take over the world. The darkness came over both the wizarding and the human world. No one was safe and on one tried to fight. Nightmare Moon's army was just too strong.

She has turned Hogwarts into the castle she lives and rules in. Gained even more followers and people trying to get to her good side like Capper did.


The Rebellion so far didn't have any luck approaching Sunset's friend turned girlfriend turned ex turned girlfriend turned enemy but with a little bit of luck and help from other people maybe they still have a chance at succeeding. It's either that or darkness forever. But who can they ask for help?

And will the magic of friendship even be enough this time? Or are they doomed forever?

______

"Any new recruits today?" Sunset has enter their hiding spot. It was a small dark room, hidden from public that only the members of The Rebellion knew about.

At the beginning there were only Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Sunset Shimmer but over time some others, like their former professor Snape, professor McGonagall and Hagrid, joined too. No one could believe what happened to headmaster Dumbledore.

However, some people from their school ran away to hide. Trixie was never heard from again, Zephyr let Fluttershy know he is going back home, Applejack didn't allow anyone from her family to come help, Pinkie's sister Maud joined but her other sisters stayed far away from the fight, Rainbow's parents just didn't care and Rarity tried to contact Capper but with no luck. It has been five years like this. Everyone was already losing hope.


"No... sadly not," Fluttershy replied distantly in thoughts.

"Ugh, we are never going to win like this!" Sunset was frustrated. They had been waiting for a good moment to attack but they were never able to break into Hogwarts. They needed more people to help. "We lack people!"

"Maybe this time it is really over..." Fluttershy wasn't optimistic.

"Don't be ridiculous! We didn't spend five years just to give up now!" Rarity was trying to cheer her up. She was very excited. "After all, I maybe finally have a plan!"

"You do?" Rainbow came inside too.

"Yes, I have finally came in contact with Capper!" she said and continued to sew a dress she was repairing.


There were a few moments of silence before Applejack spoke, "and?"

"And? He apologized," Rarity casually said.

"What does that mean for us?" Sunset was suddenly interested. "Is he on our side?"

"Yes, of course! He decided to switch to our side!" Rarity was proud.

"As much as I trust the judgment of the leader of this group I have to point out, what if he is just trying to destroy us for the One Who Shall Not Be Named?" Snape asked suspiciously.

"Oh come on, Severus! You can say her name! She will come after us either way!" McGonagall was annoyed.

"I assure you all, Capper has really changed! Actually, he was never bad! He just tried to survive and what is wrong about that?" Rarity defended him.

"That he worked with super dark wizard and helped her take over the world and now everyone is suffering!" Pinkie answered.

"Well nevermidn that, he is on our side now and I assure you he will really help!"

"I wonder if Discord is on our side...." Fluttershy was deep in her thoughts.

"Are you still on about Discord? Fluttershy it has been FIVE years!" Rainbow was annoyed.

"Hey, I think I am not the one who you should be telling that! You never tell Sunset anything about Twilight!" Fluttershy got mad.

"Because Sunset seems to be losing her mind in this enough already! I can at least spare her facing the reality!"

"But I am not under stress at all, is that it?" Fluttershy argued.

"Girls stop it!" Sunset interrupted. "I know we all are under tension these days and it is not the time to fight with each other or point finger at one another! Let's focus on brining the good and light back! And love problems come later!"

"Ughhh, fine!" Rainbow agreed.


"So Capper will be our inside guy but we need to keep an eye on him!" Sunset said.

"Our plan still won't work!" Snape pointed out.

"And why is that?" Sunset was confused. "With Capper we will be able to get in!"

"Be able to get in and be outnumbered and captured!" Snape was angry. "We still lack people!"

"And what do you suggested? Where do we find someone who would be able to help us?! No one wants to, everyone is scared! And we don't know anyone who would come help!" Sunset was lost at what to do. She knew Snape was right but she couldn't do anything about people not joining or not even knowing about The Rebellion.

And what if Capper does betray them or if they get captured? They really will be outnumbered and no one will be left to save them! She didn't want to think what would happen to them then.

She didn't want to think about what will happen when they get there either. Will she really fight Twilight? She didn't let herself process any feelings last few years, just constantly kept pushing to get a chance to talk to her ex to maybe change her mind about the whole world domination thing. Twilight is a good person, there has to be a way to get her back on the right path.

"I may have a suggestion," Snape replied casually.

"Sure," Sunset was open to ideas.

"There are some people who can help us, but I am sure neither of you will like it!"

Oh no. "Who?"

"Some people who were your enemies before."

Oh no.

"Some that are still in Azkaban to this day and want revenge on Twilight."

OH NO!