• Published 2nd Jan 2022
  • 513 Views, 17 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season XI - DakariKingMykan

  • ...
68
 17
 513

Episode 3: Tree to be Me

EPISODE THREE

Zadovia had summoned the trio of teachers before the assembly again.

“As I suspected…” she hissed. “The last battle proves the knight has taken refuge and hidden his power here on this planet, and that makes it all the more vital that we find his power and claim it as our own.

Do I make myself perfectly clear?”

“Yes, Ma’am.” The Trio replied.

Magi was still feeling outraged with herself after being humiliated in the last fight. “If it wasn’t for that Starfleet, I could have grabbed the sword and we’d have it by now.”

“Puh-lease, you wouldn’t have gotten it even if you tried.” said Emcee

“How do you know I wouldn’t? I could have done it.”

“Suuuuure, you could have… Not.” mocked Mash.


“ENOUGH, ALL OF YOU…!!” thundered Zadovia. All at once, the trio went silent and still.

“Emcee is quite right; capturing the Golden Dream Sword is not that simple. We must find the one who’s Pure Dreams hold the sword. Once we control that one, the power will be ours.”

Mash, still acting without much a care of what he was just told, assured her “Don’t sweat it boss. I’ve got a plan to find it, and I’ll catch you lots of good energy while we’re at it.”

His two comrades held in soft laughs.

“Since when do you come up with good ideas?” asked Emcee.

“Yeah, the only thing you ever come up with is hot air.” snickered Magi.

Mash scoffed and said “You just wait, I’ll show all of you just how it’s done.”



Like most children who lived in the royal palace in New Canterlot, Castor and Leilani attended school inside the palace itself, and they also received no special treatment just for being Royal. They got the same assignments, the same tests and projects and all…

Today, however, they were a little distracted from the teacher’s lecture.

They had both scribbled less than accurate drawings of the Dream Knight. It seemed he was all they ever thought of since their first dream about him, and sometimes they would often day about him.


There they were, standing in that beautiful clearing near the shrine.

No shadows…

No monsters…

…Just they and the knight.

“Who are you?” asked Castor, to which the knight would softly reply, “I’m afraid I cannot answer that.”

“But why?” asked Leilani. “Don’t you at least trust us?”

The Knight hesitated, “I’m not sure. All I do know is you mustn’t tell anyone about me.”

The children looked shocked.

“But why?” asked Castor.

“Why can’t we tell about you?” added Leilani.

“…Because it is far more than what are hopes and dreams alone are worth. For this reason: I ask you not to tell.”

The scene began to fade into white.


“Your highnesses?” the teacher called finally snapping them out of their trances.

“Are you two alright?”

“Yes, Ma’am…” the twins replied.

The other students resisted all urges to chuckle at them due to their stats.

The teacher continued with her lecture, and Castor and Leilani did all they could to stay focussed.


Meanwhile, their parents and Aunt Luna were analyzing footage from the previous battle with what, were now, positively confirmed to be actual, living dreams.

The footage they were viewing was taken from Lightning and his unit’s memories, as it was the source they could get, because dreams could not be scanned with equipment, and nor did they appear on camera either... they were just dreams.

They could only be seen through the naked eyes and nothing more.

After viewing everything, it all started to make sense.

“I believe everything can be viewed in retrospect.” said Grand Ruler. “They are living dreams, and they are here to cause only trouble.”

The ladies agreed, and Celestia was still fascinated by the specialties the creatures; the fact that they could harm others, but not be harmed back by ordinary means, as they were just dreams.

“It also means that that the barriers won’t do any good to protect the citizens inside.” she said. “Once they are trapped within a dream field, there is no escape until the field is dissolved.”

“Agreed.” said Luna “And the fact that the barriers can appear so suddenly without warning...! The public must be informed.”

Grand Ruler agreed, but easily what he was fascinated by was the golden sword that empowered Lightning and the others to actually do battle with the enemy…

…And that spirit who told them to use his power to vanquish the evil.


“Celesto?” said Celestia placing her hand over her husband’s.

Grand Ruler shook his head at the last images. “What is this, Celestia? In all my ages, in all my travels; I have never encountered anything like this before.”

His wife, looping her arm around his, assured him. “Whatever it is, and whatever it wants, we’ll find out and we will stop it.”


And so, the royal order was spread all over-- pinned to lampposts, or made out in large billboards, or even mailed to all civilians.

Any civilian who saw a Dream Field appear were to notify the authorities immediately.

All civilians, not caught within the field, were to run and keep as far from it as possible. Entering the field mean certain entrapment and endangerment.

Lightning and Starla were with Krysta, hanging up some bills themselves; with Shining Light in company.


“Well, that’s it then.” Lightning said as he pinned the last paper to a lamppost. “I’m sure the citizens will have the message.”

Starla agreed, but Lightning noticed she was a little off.

“You okay?” asked Krysta.

Shining Light looked up at his mother. “Mommy… Are you sick?”


Starla looked up. “Oh, I’m… just feeling a little tired.” and she gave huge yawns, which sparked the belief it was her pregnancy kicking in.

Starla had a long way to go before her belly would bloat and she’d have to take it easier, but apart from her sleep spells, she still remained on duty. She just wasn’t advised to enter battle that was all.

“Maybe you should take it easy a minute.” suggested Lightning.

They decided to have a seat on a brick edging.


Tree Hugger came along and saw them. “Whoa, like what’s the word.”

“Tree Huggie.” cooed Shining Light.

Tree Hugger smiled loving at the little boy, and patted his head. “You got good vibes, little fella. You are in the zone.”

Lightning and Starla noticed she was carrying a case of her own books on “How to attain Peace of Mind.”

Starla took a look at one. “You finally finished it?”

Tree Hugger nodded “It’s been out there for a weak now, climbing the long way of life, just like me.”

“You’re not kidding.” said Krysta. “I saw you earlier this morning, training your Yoga class in the fields.”

Tree Hugger took in a huge breath and let it out long, and slow, and softly. “…Nothing like catching the early rays to let loose the vibes.”

Suddenly, someone called “Help!! Help…!!”

It was a mare, and her husband was lying on the ground. “Somebody help! My husband’s having a heart attack.”

Her husband lay on the ground short of breath and clutching his chest before he passed out.

Starla quickly turned the stroller around so Shining Light would see the frightening sight.


“Let’s get him to the hospital.” said Lightning.

Krysta agreed and was ready to teleport, when Tree Hugger insisted, “Put on the breaks, I’ve got this.”

She let herself over to the fallen pony and told the surrounding crowds, in her special hippie words, “Spread out, let the air flow!”

The ponies did as they were told and backed away, and then they all watched as Tree Hugger put her ear to the stallion’s chest.

Then she performed perfect CPR… compressing on his chest, and holding his nostrils shut as she breathed into his mouth.

The stallion snapped awake, and his wife was overjoyed, just as the paramedics arrived.

“Thank you so much.” he said to Tree Hugger before he was taken to the hospital.


“…Bliss out.” she called.


Lightning chuckled as she came back to the group. “Looks like Buddy Rose taught you well in the cases of emergency.”

But to his and the others’ surprise, Tree Hugger shook her head. “Bud never taught me, I’m educated.”

She reached into her wallet and pulled out an actual medical I.D.

“You’re a doctor?” Starla asked in near disbelief.

“That’s what it says.” replied Tree Hugger. “I just never took a job because then I’d be stuck in just one place.”

Krysta felt like she was choking on her astonishment. She already knew Tree Hugger was well-rounded, but now this…?

“How do you do it all?” she had to ask. “I mean, you’re a botanist, a yoga instructor, writer, gardener, farmer, doctor… I… I can’t… How…?”

Tree Hugger put her hand to her heart, “Life’s too short. I gotta be free, ya dig. I gotta walk the path and live it all to the fullest of the height.

And speaking of which, I’ve got to get home and check on my kid. I’m a mom too.

Peace out.”

Then she left, leaving the trio more astounded than ever.

“Now there goes a pony of all trades.” said Starla.

“More like a show-off if you ask me.” grumbled Rainbow Dash as she came walking down the street.

“What are you talking about?” asked Krysta, but then she and the others noticed how baggy-eyed Rainbow looked.

“Working late?” asked Lightning.

Rainbow yawned, “You could say that. Those reports wouldn’t stop coming in, and once I was finally finished half of them, I had to attend a Wonderbolts conference to explain Starfleet, and then when I finally went to bed late at night, more reports were sitting on my desk the next morning.

I don’t remember the last time I practiced my aerial tricks, or performed in a show, or just had fun races against myself.”

“It comes with the job, Rainbow.” Starla reminded her. “You always said you wanted to be a general, and now you are, but it comes with its prices.”

Lightning agreed, “You just have to learn to organize your time better.”

Rainbow snuffed, “Sure, that’s what we all have to do. Meanwhile, Tree Hugger lives enough lives for ten ponies.

Last week, she attended the New Cloudsdale order of Starfleet and Wonderbolts Association.

She catered for the all vegan’s picnic in New Ponyville.

She even substituted for a psychologist for a Wonderbolt who had trouble with stress.

After all that, she still had time to do tons of other things.”

By this time she was acting like a spoiled, sulking child who was denied of something special.

Her nasty voice was starting to upset Shining Light. He didn’t like it when people were angry, or yelling.

“Oh, it’s okay, honey.” Starla said as she comforted her son. Then she cast an annoyed glare at Rainbow.

“Sounds like somebody’s jealous.” chuckled Krysta, which earned her a sour glare from Rainbow.

“Galloping Galaxies, Rainbow… Don’t complain so much. Tree Hugger’s just well-organized and calm. I don’t know how she does it herself, but frankly it doesn’t bother me.”

“Me neither.” agreed Starla. “Anyway, we better zip to New Sweet Apple Acres. We all need to evaluate DD’s training progress today.”

Rainbow sighed, “Well, at least that’s something.”

Krysta then teleported everyone to the farm, where Buddy and Applejack were waiting…

“Glad y’all could make it. Everything’s set.”

She motioned at the field, where a small arena was set up, with a fence for a boundary.

“Let me guess: Tree Hugger did that all by herself?” mocked Rainbow.

Applejack was confused.

“No,” replied Buddy. “Applejack and I built it. Tree Hugger wasn’t home. She was helping the florist in town arrange her flower displays.”

Rainbow only felt more irritated and jealous.

“Is she alright?” asked Applejack, to which Lightning, Starla and Krysta remarked “…Don’t ask.”

Applejack got her answer right there.

It wasn’t the first time someone had complained about Tree Huggers incredible multi-tasking…


Rarity had fallen far behind in her sewing. Even though her clients understood how busy she was, she still missed all the glamour and all the joy and thrills she got from creating new outfits.

Fluttershy found it hard to juggle her Starfleet and family duties with her animal caring job.

Easily it was Pinkie Pie who had it the worst: Her Starfleet duties, and being a full-time mom to her infant son. She hardly had been baking or party-planning much lately.


Still, others were able to find the time to balance some of their work and daily lives.

Spike cared for Twilight Sparkle Scales so Rarity could do just a bit of her sewing.

Rhymey took some of the reports to his café so he could do double duties.


Easily, Dyno and Myte, as well as Applejack and Buddy had it the best…

Their jobs involved mining and farming, which enabled them to keep up their training and enjoying a little of their hobbies.

Then again, Artie and Sunset weren’t too upset themselves. Sunset had plenty of time to perfect her own paintings, and Artie was busy preparing for the arrival of their baby, which gave him the strength and motivation to work harder.


Still, every single one of them was just as envious of Tree Hugger, but they didn’t complain as much as Rainbow was.


“Come on, DD’s waiting for us.” said Buddy.


In the teacher’s lounge in the School of Nightmares, Mash had shown the other two the image of his latest target; Tree Hugger.

“Her?” asked Magi. “She’s your big target?”

Mash felt insulted, “Yeah, I think she’s a great potential. After all, from observations she’s super helpful, super nice, super laid back… and--” he paused “…A little pretty. So it’s possible that her dreams have what we’re looking for.”

Emcee thought it over, and did equations on her calculator. “I can’t believe I’m saying this, but that sounds like a pretty accurate plan.

Those who have really beautiful and pure dreams, provide a much greater percentage in quantity of dream energy we need.”

Mash snuffed. “I may have big muscles, but I also have a brain, you know. It’s what happens when you live and work in a school all the time.

Well, time to get my game on.”

He snickered wickedly.


Back on the farm, the officers were all sitting in chairs and benches, with pads and evaluation papers.

Applejack’s family sat on the sidelines to watch.

“So, what exactly is this about?” asked Applebloom.

“DD’s been training well for a year now.” replied Lightning “And every now and then, a cadet needs to be thoroughly observed by experienced officers to determine just well their progress has come.”

“Think of it like a mid-term exam in school.” added Starla.

Applebloom nodded, but shuddered at the same time. Being a High-Schooler, she loathed exams.

Even though Shining Light knew his mother and father and their friends were fighters, Starla did not allow her son to see such things; not wanting him to develop a wrong sense.

Luckily, he had fallen asleep and couldn’t see anything.


Rainbow tried to set her grumpiness aside and focus on what was about to happen.


Fifteen year-old Daphne Dill, in her training tights and shirt stood in the center of the arena that was built.

It was nothing but flat fields, surrounded by the wooden fences put up.

She would be facing off against Buddy himself. Who better for her to face than her own cousin and mentor?

“Okay, DD… are you ready?”

His cousin saluted, “Yes, sir. I will do my absolute best.”

The two stood ready, while Lightning and the officers were ready to mark.

Pear Butter was trembling with excitement and fear all at the same time. “I can’t believe they’re doing this… to a little girl.” she whimpered.

“It’s okay, honey. They do this all the time.” said Bright Mac. “Besides, if the kid wants to be like Applejack, she’s got to learn to take a pounding.”

“Eeyup.” replied Big Mac. “Besides, DD’s been training good and hard. She needs this.”

Applejack waved a small flag she had and began to cheer like a giddy fan, which earned her a soft glare from everyone telling her to keep it down.

This wasn’t a ball game or a stunt show.

“Fighters ready?” called Lightning.

Buddy and DD stood and, struck their poses.

“…Begin!”

Buddy and DD charged at one another, and DD aimed a huge punch at her cousin’s chest, but he zipped out of the way.

Then he appeared behind her and readied to kick her in the side, but she raised her own leg, stopping his attack, only for him to grab her leg and flip her over, and slam her hard at the ground.

Pear Butter cringed hard fearing for DD’s well-being.

“Look, she’s getting up again.” cried Bright Mac.

DD got herself up, not looking very sore at all and was ready for more.

She rushed forth to punch Buddy hard, but as he prepared to punch her back, she zipped off, popping in here, there, all around, and zipping off in many directions to try and confuse him.

Buddy kept his eyes sharp, and finally lunged for what he thought was DD, but he missed, and she gave him a good kicking to the back, knocking him down.

“Woo-hoo! nailed it!” hollered Applebloom, again, earning her a small look from the officers.


Regardless, DD did quite well…

She landed so many hits, and dodged many oncoming attacks from her cousin, but just the same, she suffered several blows and ended up on her back once or twice.

All-in-all, the officers rated her well for her first spar.

By the end of the spar, both DD and Buddy punched each other hard in the face, and they both went down on their backs.

“TIME!!” shouted Lightning.

The two cousins got up, bruised and battered, but they seemed pretty steady.

“You okay?” asked Buddy.

DD nodded and gave him a thumb up. “Not bad, huh…?”

“Well, don’t get cocky. Remember, this was just a test, and I was going easy on you. It’ll only get tougher from here on out.

So you keep on training.”

DD saluted respectfully.


Lightning and Starla checked over their pads and compared it with Applejack’s notes.

“She’s coming along great.” said Starla.

“Great is just part of the way,” remarked Lightning “…But yes, she has great potential.”

Applejack checked Rainbow’s notes, and noticed that only half the boxes were checked, and very notes were written.

“Were you even paying attention?” asked Applejack.

It was only then that Rainbow realized she spent half the time still grumping about Tree Hugger.

That’s when she came along with a tray full of cool drinks for everyone. “Thought you’d all like some refreshments after that.” She passed two special ones to Buddy and DD “You two especially; added some healing herbs.”

Buddy smiled and pecked his wife on the cheek.

The others all accepted their drinks thankfully, but Rainbow was still brooding. “Why didn’t you just make lunch for us too?” she grumbled.

“Oh, I’m way ahead of you…” replied Tree Hugger. “I got a super-yummy meatless-loaf in the oven; just right for the bod and the mind.”

“Oh, sure!” balked Rainbow “And I suppose next you’ll build a rocket to the moon too.”

“Rainbow!” snapped Lightning.

Tree Hugger was starting to feel a bit un-chilled. “Whoa, hold the freezing. What’s all this about?”

“What isn’t it about?” protested Rainbow. “You’re perfect! Too perfect! Why don’t you just take over the world while you’re at it, or are that next on your “I can do everything” criteria?”

“Oh, boy… Now she’s officially carrying it too far.” said Krysta.

Tree Hugger didn’t like it when people got mean-spirited with her, but she closed her eyes and took in a soft breath through her nostrils letting her negativity mellow out.

“I think I’ll go check on lunch.”

“I’ll go with you,” said DD while giving Rainbow a sour stare “… I could use a small rest.”

They headed back down the road towards the house clear across the fields.


Having had enough of Rainbow’s constant nagging and complaining, Lightning approached her to let her have a piece of his mind, but Buddy beat her to it.

He walked right up to her, looked her dead in the eyes, and said very deeply. “General Rainbow Dash… If you say one more unkind word about my wife, I will personally write a report detailing your indiscretions as well as your inhumanity, and I will have it placed in your files where it will follow you for the rest of your career!”

“I was just…”

“…Is that clear?!” snapped Buddy.

Even though they were of the same ranks, Rainbow knew Buddy would make good on his promise. So she relented, but sulked worse than ever.

Lightning sighed in dismay.

“Hey!” cried Applebloom “Look over there, what is that?”


Everyone turned round and could see the field was shrouded in the strange light.

“A Dream Field!” shouted Lightning. “It’s them! They’re back!”

Buddy suddenly gasped, “Tree Hugger and DD were heading that way!”

“So are a bunch of farmers working in the fields!” said Bright Mac.

Lightning clenched his fists.

“Starla… You and Krysta stay here to protect the Apples, and assist in evacuation. Don’t let anyone near that field.”

The ladies agreed.

“…The rest of you, with me.”

Rainbow immediately snapped out of her sulk. Much as she was still overly envious of Tree Hugger, she would never wish harm on a friend or an innocent being.

“STARFLEET MAGIC!!”

“HARMONY HOUR, FRIENDSHIP POWER!!”

Then they were off, and Starla really wished she was going with them, but she touched her stomach thinking of the baby, as well as her son.

“Come on, we’ve got to get other farmers away from the area.”

“I’m on it.” agreed Krysta.


Inside the Dream Field, all the farmers from around the fields were frightened and fretting as the Mash glared at them all, even Tree Hugger was terrified-- this was one thing even she couldn’t be chill about.

DD stood in front of her and the farmers like the brave fighter she was training to be while glaring at Mash who was snickering at her.

“You can’t be serious…” he taunted “A kid like you trying to play the hero.”

“I’m not playing anything!” growled DD. “I won’t let you hurt these ponies!”

Mash could only laugh and mock. “Oh, I’m scared! I’m scared!”

DD was losing her patience and looked ready to attack.

“DD, don’t!” cried Tree Hugger. “Remember what Bud said; he’s a dream.”

DD suddenly remembered. “That’s right. I can’t hurt him without that special power.”

Then she stiffened straight and tall, “But at least I can try and protect all of you form him.”

Mash began to feel bored, and he grabbed his whistle. “…Sorry, but you’re in my court now.”

He blew his whistle loudly, creating a sonic wave that hit everyone like a strong gale and blew them all about and crash on the ground.

DD landed near Tree Hugger.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“I’ll live…” replied Tree hugger, but Mash then loomed over her and DD.

“Let’s see what your dreams are like.” he hissed at them, but just as he was about to try and use his power…

“Stop right there!” shouted Lightning as he and the others came soaring in.

“DD, Tree Hugger!” cried Buddy. He could see they were fine, but obviously been roughed about, which sparked his rage at the villain.

“Let’s get him!”

“Right!” agreed Lightning, and he and the fighters charged at Mash, only to, once again, pass right through him like an optical illusion.


“What’s going on?” cried Rainbow.

That’s when Mash hit them all with huge punches and sent them all crashing hard down, much to DD and Tree Huggers fright.

Mash then snickered at the fallen heroes as they got back up. “I’ll tell you…

It’s P.E time—that’s “Pummeling Everything”-- Your instructor is Coach Mash.”

He grabbed his whistle again, and called out, “Student Baseman… on the court, now!” and he blew his whistle in a summoning way, bringing forth a nightmare bubble… which then molded and shaped into a Base Ball player, with a scary face, a long bat with spikes, and a small cannon attacked to his left hand.

“Play ball!” he bellowed.

The fighter didn’t like the looks of this creature at all; assuming his cannon was deadlier than his spiked bat.

“LEAF SWARM” Buddy unleashed his razor leafs, which flew right through the monster.

“No way!” he cried.

“It’s no use.” cried Lightning as he looked down at his hands and arms, and all over his body. “We’re not glowing like we did before.”

“Well how do we turn it on?” asked Applejack, but no one had a clue how to engage the power to allow them to battle the dreams…

…Much to Mash’s delight as he thought, “Poor saps. They haven’t a clue how things work. It all just makes my plan go all the smoother.”

Then he called to his monster. “Deal with them, Baseman. I’ve got work to do here.”

“Sure thing, Coach.” replied his student, and he leapt over with his bat at the ready, forcing the fighters to dodge.

“Now try my fast ball!” he hollered and fired big blasts from his cannon making big explosions which the fighters could hardly dodge. They even got hit several times too.

“Sti---rike, and you’re out!” laughed the monster.



“The farmers!” shouted Lightning “We’ve got to keep them safe!”

Buddy was more worried for his wife and cousin.

Rainbow even noticed how scared Tree Hugger looked. She also saw Mash looming over them and ready to read their dreams, and she knew what that felt like.

“Let’s take a look…” he hissed as his eyes began to glow, but before he could ensnare the two ponies, Rainbow swooped in and flew them all out of the way.

“Rainbow…” Tree Hugger murmured, and Rainbow smiled at her.

“Oh, yeah?!” thundered Mash, and he blew his whistling waves at her, forcing her to swerve and dodge each shot.

“Batter up!” called Baseman. “Try my curve ball!” he fired his cannon again. Rainbow dodged the attack.

“Rainbow, put us down!” called DD. “I can fly myself, you know.”

Baseman wasn’t through yet as he leapt up high.

“Look out!!” shouted Applejack, Rainbow saw and dodged the monster’s attack flawlessly…

…But then, his curve ball shot actually swerved back and hit her hard in the back.

“Rainbow!!” wailed Lightning.

DD and Tree Hugger began to fall as Rainbow stumbled out of the air.

“Grab them!” shouted Buddy, and he and the others rushed over to help, only to get blasted back by Mash’s whistle waves again.

DD quickly managed to pull herself straight and grab Tree Hugger and Rainbow, and bring them safely to the ground…

…right before Mash.

Rainbow struggled to get up, only for Mash to bash her with his hand and knock her unconscious.

“We’ve already seen your dreams.” Then he glared at Tree Hugger and DD, and with an evil glare he had them at his mercy.

The two ponies screamed as they felt their minds being probed by magic.

“No!!!” shouted Buddy. He tried desperately to get up again only to run straight into Baseman who swung his bat at him, which he dodged, but then he had to contend with a load of blasts from the cannon, and some of which bound for the other farmers.

Lightning and Applejack managed to scoop the ponies out the way, just barely while avoiding the explosions.


Meanwhile Mash had already observed DD’s dream-- being a Starfleet fighter, helping people and really helping to protect the universe.

“Blech!” remarked Mash, and he let her fall to the ground, feeling weak and tired.

“As for you, my little sapling…” he hissed as he viewed Tree Hugger’s dream. “Oh! Wow! Look at all this!”

Because of Tree Hugger’s many talents, hobbies and part-time occupations, her dreams were so full of adventure and excitement, while at the same time mixed with peaceful bliss and joy and happiness, especially with love for her family, especially Buddy.

“A’RGH!!” Mash growled as he let go, and Tree Hugger fell softly to the ground. “I don’t believe this! All her dreams are so pure and beautiful, but no sign of the sword!”

He growled and grumped. “Oh, well… At least I still got tons power for the boss, and I still have my Plan B.”

Then he turned to face the rest of the farmers. “Meantime… let’s get my game on with you folks and take your dream energy too!”

Lightning was really feeling frustrated wondering how to make the power work. Then maybe he and the others could send the villains packing like last time.

Buddy was more outraged that his wife, his cousin, and even Rainbow got hurt, but there was still no way to beat the bad guys without the golden power.

Applejack especially didn’t want her neighbors to get their dreams struck at either, but what could she do?

“Time for the final throw!” hollered Baseman, and he armed himself ready for one final attack…

…When suddenly there was a big burst of golden light from above, which stunned him softly with its brightness.

Mash groaned as he covered his eyes too. “This is it! It’s happening!”

The fighters looked up, and just like before, the two halves of the golden sword appeared and merged into one weapon, and ready to bestow its power on the fighters.

“It’s mine!” shouted Mash, and he leapt straight for the weapon to take it himself.

“Don’t let him get it!” shouted Lightning, and he jumped up high to try and take, but just as it seemed too late and Mash reached up to grab the sword… it passed right through him like nothing.

“Huh…?!”

The fighters all saw it too, and just then, the sword cast its magic on all of them shrouding them in the golden, sparkling light again.

“I don’t get it!” grumbled Mash. “I thought I could actually get it.”

Then he remembered what Zadovia had warned him about; the sword couldn’t be captured by simple means.

Now that the fighters were all glowing-- even Rainbow felt her strength returning to get back on her feet… the real battle was ready to begin.

Lightning and Rainbow would deal with Mash, while Applejack and Buddy dealt with the monster.

“Now let’s really play some ball.” said Applejack as she got out her rope.

“My thoughts exactly.” agreed Buddy “VINE WHIP.”


“I’ll knock you both clear out of the park!” Baseman growled as he gripped his bat tight, and he lunged at the fighters.

He took a swing, and the fighters dodged. He fired his cannon, but they dodged again.

“Let’s try a multi-ball smack down!!” shouted Baseman, and he fired so many blasts, each that curved and swerved at the fighters, forcing them to swerve and dodge themselves.

Buddy cracked his whip around furiously and batted all the blasts, blowing them to bits.

“Hey, that’s a foul!” wailed Baseman.

“I’ll give you foul!” shouted Buddy, and he lunged over, socking him hard in the gut.

Meanwhile, Rainbow and Lightning soared up and down, in and out, attempting to attack Mash, but despite his massive size, the evil coach was pretty swift to dodge, as well as block their attacks with his big fists.

Suddenly, he grabbed Rainbow and Lightning’s arms in each of his large hands.

He chuckled as he watched the ponies squirm. “…Time to dock you both for a penalty.”


“…I think not!” yelled Lightning, and he powered up his golden horn to fire a small blast of Uniforce near his face, blinding him with the flash enough to release him and Rainbow from his grasp.

“Here I come!” shouted Rainbow, and she rushed forth giving the coach a huge head-butt to the chest, actually knocking him way up high.

Lightning the rushed up high and kicked him back down hard to the ground, making everything shake.

“CAPTURE BLASTER”

Lightning grabbed his gun. “I’ve got to see if this works… FIRE!!”

He shot at Mash, and while the blast did hit him hard resulting in a huge explosion, the capture function didn’t work.

“Is that all best you got?” Mash laughed.

Lightning growled in outrage. He somehow felt that a dream could not be captured and contained.

“Then we’ll just have to break your dream.”

“Bring it!” growled Mash.

“You’re on!” shouted Rainbow.


Baseman was growing furious, and he aimed his cannon… at the farmers. “I’ll show you the meaning of foul play.”

He prepared to fire, but Applejack rushed in and lassoed his arm with her rope, and with a huge yank, she pulled him down so he misaimed and shot straight at the ground, blast himself at close range.

“Whoa! I’m going… going…!”

He crashed on the ground. His cannon was all busted up and ruined.

He bolted upright ever so furiously, and charged for Applejack to pay her back, with his bat at the ready.

“LEAF SWARM” Buddy unleashed a barrage of his leaves at the bat, cutting into splinters.

“No!!” cried Baseman. “I haven’t missed a season without my lucky bat!”

“Well, you’re heading for the benches now!” thundered Buddy, and he began to power his whip up, with the symbol of the sword glowing on his horn.

“WHIPLASH STRIKE”

Baseman began to fret and wail, “Ah!! Time out!! Time Out!!” but Buddy had already struck him hard. The creature wailed and shouted as he exploded…

Much to Mash’s outrage, and he could only watch as his monster’s remains formed back into its bubble, and burst.

With the destruction of the monster, and a long time of battle, the Dream Field started to dissolve.

Mash was outraged, but he knew. “That’s it! Game over for me.” and he vanished before Rainbow and Lightning could take another hit at him.

“Ugh! He’s gone!” growled Rainbow.

Suddenly, a soft glow appeared on her wrist, and Lightning, and Buddy and Applejack.

More lights sailed across the skies, like speeding comets; hitting Starla’s wrist, and Krysta, and all the rest of Lightning’s team across the land.

The lights stopped shining, and there, on each and every fighter’s wrist, appeared a golden-sparkling band with a symbol of the sword on it.

“What in the hayfields are these supposed to be?” wondered Applejack.

She and the others suddenly got the answer, as that golden spirit appeared before them again.

“This is all but what I am able to grant you now.” he explained. “Now you have the power to Engage Dream-Mode; which will summon my power at any time you need it.

But you must be wary of how, when, and where it can be used.

Good luck, and may your dreams lead and guide you.”

He began to fade away.

“Wait a minute! Who are you? Where do you come from?” Lightning called, but the spirit was gone and just couldn’t say anymore.

All Lightning could do was look down at the band on his wrist.

Rainbow picked at hers, but found it couldn’t be removed as though it were magically attached to her.

Buddy was more preoccupied with his loved ones. He scooped up Tree Hugger while Applejack had DD in her arms.

Soon, the two ponies were home, at Buddy’s house while all the other farmers had gone home after thanking Starfleet for helping.

Tree Hugger and DD had regained consciousness and were lying on each of the two sofas in the living room.

“Welcome back to the land of reality.” Buddy teased while smiling at them.

“Whoa! Talk about a major wipeout.” groaned Tree Hugger

“The bad guys!” cried DD, and she would have bolted upright, but Starla held her down softly. “Take it easy, hon; they’re gone now. It’s all over.”

DD remembered everything, and how she risked herself to save everyone.

“Am I in trouble?” asked.

“No, you’re not.” replied Buddy. “What happened couldn’t be helped, and even though you’re not a real fighter, you did just what any other would; you tried to protect everyone.”

Lightning was pleased with DD’s responses too. “You just earned yourself a few extra bonus marks. But like I said before: Don’t let this go to your head.

It’s a dangerous business-- Starfleet-- and it’s always a dangerous risk.”

DD promised to continue her studying and training.


Rainbow softly approached Tree Hugger, with a very guilty expression. “I’m… I’m really sorry for the things I said. You almost got really hurt, and I almost made you.”

Tree Hugger smiled and shook her head. “It’s all solid, girl. I’m hip and chill.

Truth-be-told, sometimes I’m jealous of you.”

Rainbow was confused.

“I can do a ton of things, but I can never be as strong and as cool a fighter as the rest of you. You all rock, especially you, Rain.”

Rainbow actually blushed, and felt really silly for being overly jealous earlier.

Everyone shared a laugh.

“You see, Rainbow,” said Lightning “Nobody is good at everything, and no one person can possibly DO everything, but with a little organization, good work-habits, and self-discipline, you’ll find that you’re capable of more than you think.”

Everyone, especially Tree Hugger nodded in agreement to that idea, and Rainbow began to feel a new sense coming over her to try harder to balance her work and life.



Soon the friends all left to let the family have some time alone so the invalids could rest.

That night, everyone was sitting around a nice cozy fire by the fireplace, and with Seedling sleeping in her playpen, Buddy held the girls’ hands.

“I’m so glad you two are okay. If anything would’ve happened to either of you… I’d have no dreams left to dream.”

Flattered, Tree Hugger and DD leaned in and gave him a huge peck on each of his cheeks, making him sigh heavenly.


(Promo)

In our next episode: Lil’ Fair is becoming more and more frustrated with grownups and her former friends, that strange things seem to happen that bring misfortune to everyone. It isn’t long before another attack is mounted, and Swift Star is hot on the prowler’s trail.

Will Swift be able to nab the perp, or is someone else doomed to fall prey?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Did I do those things?”)