• Published 2nd Jan 2022
  • 512 Views, 17 Comments

My Brave Pony: Starfleet Magic Season XI - DakariKingMykan

  • ...
68
 17
 512

Episode 5: Dreams of Mother and Child

EPISODE FIVE

Lightning was at the Royal Palace in New Canterlot, in the lab to be precise where Professor Brain and his crew were attempting to analyze the golden bracelet on his wrist.

Grand Ruler Celesto and Queen Celestia were most fascinated by it as well while reviewing the data from Lightning’s memory, of the golden spirit giving him and the others fighters each a bracelet, while they themselves did not possess one.

Sad to say none of this was thrilling or too much fun to Lightning. Since the bracelet could not be removed, he was forced to sit idly while the professor and his team scanned his wrist and he could do nothing.

He even fell asleep while sitting so long out of complete and total boredom.

He was still asleep after the tests were done, prompting Grand Ruler to sneak over to him.

Celestia held in every urge to giggle out loud as her husband moved towards Lightning’s ears...

“…TEN-HUT!!”

“WHAAA!!” Lightning yelped as he jumped up in panic. “I’m awake! I’m awake! What’s the… What’s the--” but all he could see where their majesties laughing at him.

“Why you Space Rogues…!”

“Sorry Lightning, we couldn’t resist.” said Grand Ruler.

“We had to wake you up somehow.” added Celestia.


Some of the scientists chuckled softly, while Professor Brain was far from amused. “Really, your majesties; a simple tap on the shoulder would have surely sufficed.”

The majesties straightened themselves out.

“Anything to report?” asked Grand Ruler.

Brain check over all his notes, “I’m afraid I am quite perplexed. Never have I seen such ingenuity.

It made of some material I am unable to identify, and its powers don’t seem readable either.”


Lightning looked at the bracelet himself. “All we know for sure is that the power can only be used while inside a dream field.

We know this power is what the Nightmares seek, but we don’t know what it is, where it really comes from, or why they want it at all.”

Celestia figured, “It must be important to them, or they wouldn’t want it so badly. Maybe it will give them the power to rule or control something big.”

“It’s possible…” agreed Grand Ruler, “But now we know for sure why they’re attacking other people’s dreams-- to gain strength, and to find the golden sword that grants this power which presides inside someone’s dream.”

This would present an enormous problem to Starfleet. Their equipment and magic at best could read minds, or get the truth out of someone, but not actually see into their dreams, so they couldn’t try and look for the sword themselves.

“Even if we could, I doubt it would possible to find it.” said Brain. “That golden spirit, whomever, or whatever it is, seems to be going to great lengths to keep it hidden.

Personally, I can’t blame him.”

He promised whatever he could to aid in the search for the golden sword, but he cautioned everyone not to hold their heads up too high.

Suddenly, Krysta appeared and she was all giddy and excited like a kid with a new toy.

“Artie and Sunset are on their way home… with the new baby!”

Lightning’s eyes lit up, and he looked to their majesties for permission to be excused, which they granted.

“Give them our royal congratulations.” said Celestia.

Lightning agreed, and he teleported off with Krysta.

Celestia sighed heavenly.

“What’s on your mind?” Grand Ruler asked.

His wife replied, “I just remember the day our children were born. It was so wonderful… yet a bit a painful.”

They both shared a laugh and continued to think about their kids.


Elsewhere, someone else was thinking of nearly the same subject…

Emcee was working nonstop in her class room. She was all alone with all chemistry sets, beakers, burners-- the works.

She drew formulas on the chalkboard, and then mixed all kinds of liquids and powders together within the tubes and beakers.

“Yes…! Yes, I think this will work!” she kept squealing to herself.

The final drop was added into a flash of green liquid, causing it to ignite softly producing red, sparking liquid.

“Yes! It’s done!” she laughed wickedly like the mad scientist she was.

That’s when Magi and Mash entered the lab without even knocking first.

“What are you yelling about in here?” scolded Magi “You disturbed my class, and just as we were reading into the history of bad dreams.”

Emcee scoffed. “You obviously have no appreciation for scientific breakthrough.”

“Uh, huh…” remarked Mash, “And you can’t appreciate that Zadovia is losing patience with all of us for failing to catch the Golden Sword.”

Emcee grinned and her glasses shimmered as she removed them. “She’ll be singing a different tune when I give her my latest creation.”

She held up the flask of popping, sparking liquid.

Her comrades just looked at it with confused expressions.

“Uh… what is it exactly?” asked Mash.

Emcee felt choked up, but she knew “When dealing with those not of your level, take in stride.”

“What do you mean not your level?” Magi asked gruffly.

“Ugh!! Let me just explain… and I’ll do it slowly!”

First she pulled down a chart of potential victims of beautiful dreams. “I’ve been thinking it over, and I’ve chosen my target.”

She circled a mother with a baby carriage.

“It is a well-known, scientific fact that mothers always dream the best for their children; wanting them to grow up happy, healthy, and full of brightness.”

Magi felt she was going to be sick.

Emcee skipped to her formula. “With this, we can increase the power of the dream fields, which will increase our own powers as well.

Starfleet will never dream of the pain coming their way.”

Now Magi and Mash seemed intrigued.

“I like it…!” hissed a voice from the door.

The trio turned and saw Zadovia standing at the doorway.

“Oh, uh… boss.” Stammered Emcee “I… I didn’t see you there.”

Zadovia’s pointed with all four arms, “Get out there, Emcee, and this formula of yours had better bring us success.”

With a smug expression Emcee took her leave.



Back in New Ponyville, all the friends were gathered at Artie and Sunset’s home.

“Oh, this is so exciting!” chirped Pinkie. “Where’s the baby? I want to see the new baby!”

Dyno and Myte calmed her down.

“Take it easy, chica, we just got here.” said Dyno.

“Si, besides,” added Myte “We want to take it nice and easy. So try to control yourself.”

Rarity was going through her carry-on bag. “Oh, which blanket shall I give for the child?” she wondered in panic.

“The blue is quite chic, and gentle, but the red spells out comfort and passion. Then again, the pink isn’t all that frilly.”

Spike sighed heavily and whispered to the others, “She spent the two whole weeks making blanket-after-blanket. She talked in her sleep about it.”

Some of the friends rolled their eyes, but then Artie answered his door and he was delighted to see all his friends.

Handshakes, hugs, and congratulations were extended before he invited everyone inside.

“Keep your voices down.” he cautioned. “That means you, Pinkie.”

Pinkie pretended to zip her lip shut, with a real, fake zip.

Once inside, everyone was guided into the living room, where Sunset was sitting on the sofa, softly rocking a cradle back and forth.

She looked up and smiled at her friends and introduced her daughter. “…Meet Little Sun Stream.”

The baby stretched out giving a tiny yawn.

She was tangerine colored with a red light orange mane with red streaks, and because she was Artie’s child, she was a space alicorn.

She began to open her sleepy little eyes, which were moderate sap green like her dad’s, but nearly every other feature was definitely like her mother’s.

Everyone awed at the sight of the little bundle as Sunset scooped her up in her arms.

“Oh, congratulations dear,
What a pretty baby you have here.” said Fluttershy.

Sunset blushed, and gazed down her daughter. “It’s one thing that I never thought I’d have kids, but a humanoid pony kid.”

All she could do was smiled at her daughter’s little face as she looked up at her.

“Oh, darling…” said Rarity. “Why’s she’s positively gorgeous, and such beauty is worthy of this.” she held up a blanket made of all the fabrics and colors she could think of, which she made in case she couldn’t decide.

Spike sighed and muttered, “Why didn’t you think of that before.”

His wife gave him a sour expression.

Lightning shook Artie’s hand, “Congratulations, boy, but what made you decide to name her Sun Stream?”

Artie chuckled and answered, “I know what you’re all thinking, and the answer is yes; a little after sunset because she looks just like a warm sunset, and also because I thought of painting a picture to remember this day, and I thought “Paint Streams.”

He motioned over at his canvas in a corner of the room where a complete painting of himself, Sunset and the baby stood.

Everyone thought it was lovely.

“You painted this all in just a few hours?” asked Rainbow.

Artie shook his head and explained, “Ever since Sunset became pregnant, I knew I wanted to paint this day, so I painted us both first, but left the area where the baby is blank-- I didn’t know what it would look like.”

Then he looked down at Sun Stream and creased her little face with his finger. “She turned out more beautiful than I ever imagined.”

Everyone gazed at the baby sweetly, and then of course, Pinkie couldn’t help it, and placed a little tiny party hat on the baby’s head and held out a teeny little cupcake with a Number 0 candle on the front.

“Happy zeroth birthday, wittle Sun Stream.” she cooed.

“Pinkie!” said Sunset.

“Oh, don’t worry. It’s a fake flame. See?” and she placed her fingers right into the candle’s flame. It was fake, and therefore not dangerous. “You told me not to go overboard.”

The others all sighed.

Applejack took the cake away. “I’m sure she’d love it, sugar-cube…” then she grumbled under her breath “…Even though she can’t eat it yet.”

Lightning couldn’t help and gaze at how beautiful Sun Stream looked, and then glanced over at Starla. Her stomach was still far from showing yet.

“What?” she playfully asked.

He didn’t answer but snickered softly, and Starla touched her stomach, thinking the same thing.

“…It could be a girl.”

Not that they didn’t love their son, but thought it would be nice to have a girl of their own too.

Sunset and Artie were still very nervous about having a kid.

“My parents never raised me properly.” said Artie.

“Speak for yourself,” said Sunset. “At least you had folks. I spent the best years of my life wandering the streets and causing mischief, and just remembering it all burns me. I don’t want that to happen to Sun.”

Buddy then leaned in an assured them. “You’ll both do fine. Just be yourselves. Parenting is something no one thinks they’re ready for, so they learn as they go along.

That’s how I felt when Seedling was born.”

Spike agreed, “I know what you mean. I was so happy the first day I held Twilight in my arms.”

Rarity remembered how scared she was to even look at her baby, thinking it would be a cross-bred freak, but it all worked out in the end, and she was pleased to have such a beautiful girl in her life.

Rhymey then said…

“If you give the child love, support, and care,
You’ll all do fine with all that you share.
Be faithful and true, that’s all you need do.
And you’ll feel the love that is there.”

Fluttershy held his hand feeling that was just beautiful and reflected on the love of their family.

Artie and Sunset were most flattered, but little Sun began to fuss and cry, followed by a distinct odor.

“Uh, oh… we all know what that is.” joked. Dyno.

Myte sniffed and then covered his nostrils, “Oyi! Eso huele mal! *that smells bad!*”

“I think we should go.” suggested Lightning “A lot of us have kids to look after too.”

Final congratulations were exchanged, and the friends all headed for the door…


…But one step outside, and they realized they were smack in the middle of a Dream Field!

“When did this come up?” wondered Krysta.

“Never mind that!” cried Applejack “Lookie there…!”

Mothers passing by with their children or their babies in carriages had all been caught in the field were all being hit and having their dreams affected by a new creature.


“Hey, you!” shouted Lightning.


Emcee turned to face them. “My, my… this is my lucky day; trapping you all in here at once.”

Artie and Sunset peeked through the door, and Artie could tell he would be needed, but he didn’t want to leave his wife and baby at a time like this.

“I’ll keep an eye on them.” said Starla. “I can’t fight while I’m pregnant, but I can defend.”

Krysta fluttered up next to her. “I’ll help too.”

Artie was both thankful, and Artie pecked his wife and daughter.

Starla and Krysta looked at Lightning, and he nodded proudly and thankfully at them as they headed inside.

Lightning and the others then glared Emcee down.

“Let’s go!” said Lightning, and everyone transformed.

“STARFLEET MAGIC!!”

“HARMONY HOUR, FRIENDSHIP POWER!!”

“Dragon Power!”

Once everyone was transformed, it was time to put their new powers to work-- the golden bracelets.

Lightning hollered, “Engage Dream-Mode!” and he and everyone held their wrists up high…

The bracelets glowed and shimmered brightly, casting them all within the sparkling light so they’d be able to combat the nightmares.

“Wow! This is amazing!” cried Buddy.

“Totally Awesome” doesn’t even begin to describe it.” agreed Rainbow.

Naturally, Rarity looked herself up and down and all around, and flicked her mane. “How simply dazzling…”

Spike gazed heavenly at how beautiful his wife looked in sparkles, but Applejack gave them each a bop with her fist. “Will, you two focus.”


Emcee snickered, and she summoned up a nightmare bubble, which formed into a new monster.

“Behold… the Nightmare Protonis!”

The creature was that of a single, large red sphere, with a scary face, sharp teeth two arms sticking out of its side, and it was charged with powerful electrical currents.

Rarity shuddered at the sight of such a beast. “Whoever would dream up something so horrifying?”

The creature growled, “You’ll get a charge for that one!”

He began to charge up and launched a wave of electrical currents towards the group, and they couldn’t really dodge it or the house would get struck.

So Lightning conjured up a wall of Uniforce to intercept the waves, blocking them off.

“Good going, Lightning.” said Artie.

Lightning nodded at him. “Now it’s our turn.”

Some of the fighters would tend to and protect the civilians, while others joined Lightning to battle the villains.

“SUPER STAFF” Artie hollered grabbing his weapon. “I won’t let anyone hurt my new family!”

He leapt up high and went after Emcee first, and while Emcee seemed thin and nerdy, she was about to show how trough she really was, by blocking Artie’s attack with her lab coat-- like hitting a steel wall.

With a small flick, she batted him right off.

“PAINT BOMBS”

His explosives blasted at her, but when the smoke cleared, she had not a scratch, nor was her coat even the slightest damaged.

“You simpleton, my coat is resistant to all kinds of elements. Every good scientist thinks of safety.”

With that, she donned a pair of gloves, and then reached into her coat for a single vail. “Take this!” she bellowed as she shook it vigorously and then popped the cork.

The vial shot out small, but deadly balls that exploded upon impact, forcing the fighters to scatter about.


As for the monster, “Come on…!” he taunted at the fighters while flexing his big fists.

“Why you…!” Rainbow growled as she and Pinkie rushed in to tackle him down.

“Rainbow, Pinkie, wait!!” shouted Applejack.

“Quick!” shouted Buddy, with his whip at the ready.

He and Applejack lassoed Pinkie and Rainbow’s legs and pulled them out of the way just in time! The monster’s large hands began to charge with electricity as he just missed his targets and slammed the ground hard making everything shake like thunder.

The fighters fell off their feet, Spike, Rarity and Fluttershy did their best to keep the civilians standing, especially the mothers with baby carriages.

All the babies were frightened and crying loudly.

“Oh, dear…!” Rarity groaned as she pulled her ears down.


Inside Artie’s home, the ladies all felt the vibrations of the quake.

Artie’s painting had fallen off the easel while Sunset was holding on good to Sun Stream. The little baby was crying in extreme fright.

“Oh, easy, honey. Mama’s here.”


The baby’s cry caught the attention of Emcee. “What’s this I hear?” she hissed as she turned to face the house “Another little set of dreamers. Why not? All the others were no good.”

Something inside of Artie snapped big time. “You leave my wife and kid alone!”

Lightning remembered. “Starla...! She hasn’t had her dreams looked at either!”

The two men rushed back towards the house, but Protonis grabbed them in his large fists.

“I know you’ll get a shock out of this!” he cackled, and he began to pour on the power, shocking the two ponies hard.

“You let them go!” shouted Dyno.

“Let’s do it now.” hollered Myte, and he and his brother joined hands.

“BOOM-BOOM FIREBALLS”

Their fireballs bombarded the monster in back, actually hurting it, and Lightning and Artie were dropped down.

Both of them looked a little charred, but they were still able to fight.

“The house!” shouted Artie.

Emcee was looking ready to blow the house wide open with her vial of blasts.

“STARLIGHT ARROW” Starla, fully armored up, shot her arrow from a window, knocking the vial out of the villain’s hand.

Starla then smirked, “I may not be able to do much combat, but I still have a good shot.”

Emcee was outraged and prepared to strike again, only for Krysta to fly right up to the villains face and give it a huge sock to the cheek actually batting down hard to the ground.

“Your coat may be strong, but your face sure isn’t.” she teased, and then she and Starla gave each other a thumb up.


Emcee got back onto her feet laughing, “Well, I’m full of surprises too, and here’s one that’s ready to use.” She reached into her coat and pulled out her new formula in its flask.

“What is that?” asked Starla.

In a swift move, Emcee smashed the flask to the ground unleashing the formula in a big burst that flowed all over.

“What’s going on?!” bellowed Lightning.

The light that made up the dream field changed. It was now swirling with faded dark streams that seemed to reach the ground as well, and even flutter through the air.

“What is this stuff within the air?” asked Fluttershy.

Rhymey then gasped and rhymed, “Never mind that, look at the monster there!”

Protonis was pulsating. His muscles were growing and the electricity flowed through him even brighter.

Emcee looked even scarier and stronger herself.

“Yes! It works!” she bellowed. “The Dream Field has been enhanced, tripling our strengths!”

The fighters all gasped.

“Tell me she didn’t just what I thought she said.” murmured Pinkie, but she got her answer as the monster charged up.

“Look out!!” shouted Spike.

Protonis slammed the ground with his fists making everything shake harder than ever, and the resulting shockwaves billowed outward knocking everyone down. Emcee herself nearly fell over, but took it as a stroke of her successful genius.

“Now let’s see what I can do!”

She turned to gaze at the house.

“Nooo…!!” Artie shouted as he and Lightning and some of the others came rushing in, only for Emcee to throw another vial hard at the ground which made a huge explosion and blew them all towards the monster.


Starla felt she and Krysta had to get Sunset and Sun Stream out of the house rather than try and do battle.

“Krysta, teleport us out back.” hollered Starla.

Krysta was about to comply, only for the dream rays to suddenly strike them all, and the baby too.

Emcee was merely standing at the window, and thanks to her power enhancement, her beams were brighter and stronger hitting all four ladies.

Emcee was dismayed for having to view Krysta’s dreams again, but to her it was worth it; viewing Starla and Sunset’s dreams.

“Ah… I see…” she said in awe.

Starla’s dreams were all involved around Space, the stars, and traveling amongst them in peace with Lightning and her family.

Then there was Sunset’s dreams, and some of them were beautiful-- how she had come a long way to be a proper United Equestrian, become an artist like her husband, have wonderful times, and now she had a baby too…

…These were only ahead of the nightmares of her former life in the human world; being a wanted street punk, living a life of crime and misdeeds.

“Ugh!!” groaned Emcee. “Such a dream like that couldn’t possibly have the golden sword.”

She ceased the dream rays, and the ladies were all feeling rather drained, but unharmed.



While angered that she wouldn’t find what she was looking for, “I still won’t miss this chance; with my new formula enhancing the dream field and my powers, I can still get rid of these pests so they can’t interfere with us anymore.”

“POW!!” Lightning got socked in the face by the monster’s huge fist sending him sailing towards the civilians.

“Look out!!” shouted Rarity as she and the others prepared to lead the mothers away, but Lightning managed to straight himself up and land on his feet safely.

“Are you okay?” asked Spike.

Lightning felt his face, “Yeah…” he answered in a surprised tone. “I feel fine.”

The others were confused.

“But he hit you square on the face,
We saw you get knocked back from you place.”

Lightning still didn’t feel as hurt as anyone thought he would be.

“Hey!” he murmured “I wonder…!”

He immediately leapt up and zoomed towards the monster.

“Back for more, huh?” it growled at him. “I’ll strike you with a big one!”

He unleashed a powerful lightning blast at the oncoming pony, striking him way hard in a big explosion.


“LIGHTNING…!!!” everyone shouted.

Emcee snickered wickedly. “That’s one of them down.” but she suddenly ate those words as Lightning burst through from the smoke, with his fist glowing brightly with uniforce, and he punched the monster hard in its huge face sending it crashing hard down.

“What?!” snapped Emcee.

“Did you see that?” asked Rainbow.

Applejack nodded, “He really gave him a good one.”

They then looked up at Emcee herself.

She looked poised and ready to intercept.

The two ponies flew up straight for her.

Emcee looked ready to defend herself…

“PULSAR LASER” Starla fired a blast from her horn forcing Emcee to dodge, and left her wide open to Rainbow and Applejack giving her a huge fly kick, and even with her strong coat, Emcee was still sent sailing, and hit the ground hard.

“How is this possible?” she wondered, but then it suddenly hit her. “Oh, no…! Just as the enhancement powers me up, it somehow powers up their strengths too…”

Artie then dropped down in front of her. “Thanks for telling me that!”

And BAM!! He kicked her hard, sending her rolling down the road. “That was for hurting my wife and kid!”

Emcee landed right by the others by the civilians.

Rhymey and Spike had their swords ready, while Rarity flexed her claws with smoke coming from her nostrils, and Fluttershy gave off an angry stare.

Emcee wouldn’t give up. “I can take you all on!”

“Really…?
We’ll see.” teased Fluttershy.


Much as Artie really wanted to get at Emcee, he could see Lightning and the rest needed help with the monster.

“You think I’m scared?” Protonis mocked, “I’ll shock, drop, and roll you all to pieces!!”

“That’s what they all say.” chuckled Lightning.

“…But they never learn.” added Buddy.

Everyone powered up their inner auras, while Protonis charged up all the electrical power he could muster.

The ponies charged even more, so the monster.

Charging… Charging… until the monster began to blow himself to bits by overcharged too much electricity.

“Looks like you got a charge out of that.” joked Rainbow.

Pinkie and Applejack chuckled, and then together they used their aura powers to hold the beast in place with magical binding beams.

“Let me go!” it wailed.

“Oh, we’ll let you go all right; back to where you came from!” sneered Lightning, and he motioned to Artie to let him have this one.

Artie agreed and powered up his finisher, with the symbol of the sword glowing on his bracelet. “SUPER STAFF SPIN!”

Round and around he whirled his staff. The burning energy powered up, and Artie struck the monster hard.

The creature wailed and hollered as he flared up, and exploded; back into its bubble, and then it burst and was gone.

At the same time, Emcee received a huge blow, knocking her back hard again.

“That’s it!” she decided. “I need to rework this formula!”

Then she vanished and was gone, causing the Dream Field to cease, and the golden glow around the fighters too.

Pinkie blew a raspberry up at the sky. “We’ll be waiting for you!”


Artie then rushed right past her, powering down as he headed for the house.

“Sunset!” he called “Sunset are you--”

“Shhhhhh….!!” His wife said and motioned that the baby was fast asleep in the cradle.

Artie was so relieved to see they were both okay.

He walked over and held his wife tenderly.

The others all peeked in through the door quietly and were relieved to see all was well.

Except Rarity noticed and wailed softly, “You’re lovely painting!”

The canvas was all bent and tattered from its fall, but Artie brushed it off. “I’ll just paint another one. Besides, who needs a painting… when you’ve got the real things right here?”

Sunset smiled lovingly at him.

The friends all thought this was touching and then excused themselves to let the family be alone.

“I think they’re going to do just swell.” said Lightning.

The others had to agree.


This was all followed by a montage of Sunset and Artie, and their new lives in dealing with a baby…

Sun Stream crying constantly, and keeping them wide awake...

Feeding the baby…

Changing her diaper…

Bathing her…

Cleaning up after her, which was by far the hardest…

Sometimes it seemed easy. She would sleep peacefully in her cradle while mom and dad could work on their paintings in nice quiet.

And going on walks with her, and seeing friends with their babies was ever so wonderful, but not nearly as wonderful as rocking her to sleep and tucking her into her crib.

All this happened while a song played.

It is said that life always seems to start
with each of us all alone,
Never dreaming that this way
would be a dream of our own,
Full of love and light so luminous,
It makes you want to cry,
You’re everything I’ve wanted,
The love that’s in my eye…

We are family, we’re family
Just me and you and baby
We are family, we’re family
We’re happy as can be,
…Just you and me.

Our lives do paint a picture,
Growing full and sure and strong
And together we’ll make sure
to help each other get along.

We are family, we’re family
Just me and you and baby
We are family, we’re family
We’re happy as can be,
Just you and me…

We are family, we’re family
Just me and you and baby
We are family, we’re family
We’re happy as can be,

…Just you and me.

Artie leaned over and pecked his sleeping angel on her tiny head and sighed heavenly.

On the wall of the nursery was a freshly made family painting he had made, as yet another symbol of his growing happiness.


(Promo)

In our next episode: The Cutiemark Crusaders attempt to talk to and confide in Lil Fair’s resentment towards growing, which may only worsen things not only with her father, but the evil spirit that rises again to prowl on others for their energy.

Can Lil work up the nerve to explain what’s going on to someone?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic!”

(Next Episode: “Growth Blurt”)